3 or more failed ivf stim cycles

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 3 or more failed ivf stim cycles

Postby Roar79 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello!!

Rebcat- yes!!!!! Amazing levels,,, enjoy this moment. As for the anxiety,,, yep I hear ya!! I would ask at every blood test to be called FIRST if not early with my levels, the wait during the day (bloods @8am, results between 2:30-3:30!) killed me!! They were most obliging ESP due to my history with "levels". I think that not doing any more levels is a great idea of you are comfortable with that, we contemplated it for the last FET but the control freak in me took over. Sore BBs and tiredness is great signs, nausea may or may not kick in but it's generally after 6 weeks,, I'm so excited for you. Everyone has told me to 'enjoy this time' but I've never been so stressed in my life!!! Lol!!!

Herman- I'm sure you are enjoying your cruise, have a drink for us,,, 8th sept will be here soon enough, so yes enjoy this carefree time.

Bought some baby outfits the other day (went in for a friend who is due in 3 weeks to get a pressie and there was a sale on) came home and cried not sure out of excitement, anxiety or just due to hormones,, , just can't believe this is all happening,,, so appreciative.

Good vibes and thoughts for all,, Rebcat keep us posted on scan date and or results,, Herman will be awaiting your post regarding cruise,, it's on my "to do" for one day xx
2009- diagnosed endo via lap
2010- live birth no meds
2012- lap 2- preg 2 - loss #1 @7wks
2013- IVF 1- preg3 - loss #2 @7wks
FET- preg 4 - loss #3 @8wks
Diag w MTHFR & septum (corrected via surgery)
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
FET - preg 5 - loss #4 @10wks
Meds- Aspirin, Vit Bs etc, MTHFR folate, clexane, prednisolone
Lap #5 - septum recorrected, more endo removed
On estrogen for 4 weeks & HSG SCHEUDLED to view septum 'healing'
Feb- checked septum. Hasn't healed. 3rd and final surgery correction.
Ivf #3 - April/May- our last try
Natural preg #6 whilst on down reg lucrin for cycle #3
Heartbeat @7wks 143bpm, 8wks, 9wks, 10 wks YAY!
12 wk scan -TICK! Told family
19 wk anatomy scan - TICK!
Due December 29th 2015
Born 18th December 2015- girl - Georgia
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 am

Hi, nothing much to report, just checking in. Roar, thank you. I know I say this every time, but I so appreciate you coming here to see how we are doing. You have had an amazing turn of luck with your pregnancy, but I know you don't take it for granted in any way and haven't forgotten for one minute where you have come from. I hope you can start enjoying your time and feeling less anxious with every week that passes.

I still have my sore boobs, and feel just generally yuck and incredibly tired. I had to fly out for a meeting on Tuesday and I was just so wiped out on Wednesday, I almost fell asleep standing up! I have been feeling light headed and buzzy too. I haven't had real nausea as yet but have a bit of an upset tum. I also have some crampy feelings going on which make me feel very worried. I just dont know which direction I am travelling in, but hoping its all going ok. My scan is Tuesday 25th. Do you know if you have two embryos and one fails, would you get spotting from that? I don't have any spotting, just wondering if that's what would happen.

Hope you and bubs are well xxx
Me 37, DH 39 , TTC#1 since 2009 :(
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
FET Feb 2011 - BFP, low hcg, m/c
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
Donor IUI x 4 2014 - BFN x 4
IVF #6, July 2015 - shocking BFP!
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
It's twins... can't believe it.
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:07 am

How are we all??? Rebcat, any new symptoms? Cramping etc is good,, just want to wish u luck for Tuesday's scan I'll be thinking of you. I'm sure you have already researched was to expect etc. I'm unsure about the spotting with two embryos but one failing,, I think it could go either way. Meaning there could be spotting but also it can also be reabsorded without a 'sign'. Did you put two back? I'm sorry if you mentioned this and I have forgotten.
Herman, hope ur back & relaxed from your cruise. Sept 8th is fast approaching. No news here,,,, getting bigger & eating smaller frequent meals. Reflux heartburn isn't pleasant but I'll take it!!! Plenty of movement to reassure this nervous neurotic woman!!

Good luck for Tuesday Rebcat xxx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Herman2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 pm

HI LADIES!
I'm back from the vacay and ready for this FET cycle. I definitely enjoyed the cruise. It was pretty relaxing, but a lot of people. It was our 4th cruise, but the largest one and I definitely missed the intimacy of smaller ships. Too many people in the common areas. But the hubs and I had a great time and got to indulge in wine and great food, so overall, good trip. Now it one for the 8th. I started estradiol IM shots on Friday and I'm away on a business trip this week so I had to administer it myself in the thigh tonight. I iced my leg before, so it didn't really hurt but watching that long needle go in was freaking me out! :omg:

Rebcat and roar, glad you are both doing well. I understand the yucky feelings. I had massive nausea and literally slept next to the toilet some nights when preggo w/ my daughter. Even drove from Maryland to Texas with a bowl on my lap so I could puke while driving on the freeway. It was a terrible pregnancy. I couldn complain since it took 4 yrs, 2 IUIS and an IVF to get there, but still.

Glad to keep this going. I hope everyone else is well.
TTC since 2005
Me: age 38, unexplained female infertility
DH: age 39, no probs
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
IVF #1- Nov '09, 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen :bfp: Daughter, Bronwynne, born Aug 2010
IVF #2- Jul '13, 13 eggs, 7 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen, BFN
IVF #3- Apr '15, 12 eggs, 7 fertilized, 2 tx day 5, 0 frozen, BFN
IVF #4- Jul '15, 15 eggs, 15 fertilized, day 5/6 biospy, 4 snow babies, PGD: 2 normal, 2 abnormal- disgarded
FET #1- Sep 8th, transferred 2, :bfp: Beta #1--995, #2--3773! u/s-- 2 Oct, singleton, Herman2!
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Rebcat » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 am

Hi girls

Herman - welcome back! Glad the cruise was lovely and relaxing. Sorry to hear about the nasty injections. When I did my FET I only had to take oral oestrogen. Will you take anything else?

Roar - glad to hear you and the little one are doing well. So what is your actual due date?

So, the news you are waiting to hear...I had my scan on Tuesday. I was sick with anxiety. They started off doing an abdominal scan but said they couldn't do it because my bladder wasn't full enough. Ugh the agony, by this time I was ready to burst into tears as I was sure there was just nothing there. So onto the internal scan...a moment of silence then...errr look at the screen and tell me what you see... umm... there seems to two blobs? Yes that's right... twins!!!!! I am still in shock. Absolutely didn't expect that. I haven't even been feeling that sick. Two little heartbeats - 136 and 149 and they measure 1.15 cm and 1.21 cm, so very similar and the right size for 7 weeks. I went up to see the ladies in the clinic and much hugs all around. Everything has happened super fast since then. Usually you have a midwife for your lead maternity carer but with twins I have to have an obstetrician. One of the doctors at the ivf clinic also does private obstetrics so I have booked with her and went to see her today. They usually dont scan again until 12 weeks but she knew I am really anxious about everything so she has also booked me for a 9 week scan. So..... crazy! Obviously still very early days and we aren't 'locked in' by any means, but what a surprise. I am really excited but also pretty worried about the prospect of a higher risk pregnancy too. Its all very overwhelming.

I am sick with a head cold at the moment and also didn't sleep well at all last night just thinking about everything. Off to bed now I think.
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Herman2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:45 am

Holy s**t Rebcat. So happy for you! :happyforyou: I'm sure you are in total shock, but enjoy it. Even with a head cold, it's better than a big fat BFN.

I'm doing progesterone oil later in thebcycle, bit right now just estradiol shots every 3rd day. It's not too bad. I've got another bloodwork/ u/s on the 3rd so I'll keep you updated.
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
IVF #1- Nov '09, 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen :bfp: Daughter, Bronwynne, born Aug 2010
IVF #4- Jul '15, 15 eggs, 15 fertilized, day 5/6 biospy, 4 snow babies, PGD: 2 normal, 2 abnormal- disgarded
FET #1- Sep 8th, transferred 2, :bfp: Beta #1--995, #2--3773! u/s-- 2 Oct, singleton, Herman2!
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am

Wooooooo hooooooo,,, so glad I checked in tonight! Rebcat, that's made my day, week, month!!! Wow,, two wee bubs. Can understand your anxiety of it all, as I am the anxiety QUEEN here, and nothing anyone will say will calm the anxiety. 9 week scan will be here soon enough. I know I've said this before but it's truly just trial and error, good luck and a numbers game,, all this ivf does ones head in, esp with so many BFNs one would never think a BFP is even possible,,, but here it is! It's very rare to fall with ivf in the first or even second cycles,, when I read about those that do I think good on them but it's not the reality of infertility. I also feel like shouting from the roof tops to others devastated over a failed initial (or second,third!!) cycle that it's quite normal,, your history shows it is possible. Wow,,, how is your DH going? I too have a head cold and the lack of medication we can take during preg kinda sucks,, but hey,, can't complain ;-) I'm having my cervical length measured every few weeks and I have one bub, so maybe ask about your? It's an internal u/s (cos as if we aren't sick of those!!) but it's one issue u can tick off as being covered and watched. TWINS ,, wow!!

Herman, we have the progesterone suppositories here, no one I know of takes those injections but from what I've read they are pretty horrid. I hated the clexane (I think it's also know as Lovenox) injections but icing etc helped. Good luck with the prep work,, yes keep us posted re:3rd,, exciting yet daunting times!

All good here, head cold yuck but had 22 wk scan Tuesday and all seems well. I'm due 29th December,, yes I know,, such a FESTIVE time to be due and we are WAYYYYYYYYY past the time of our lives for 'wanting' a specific month for a baby to be due in. I always laugh when I read some comments of people planning to take a month off to avoid a specific birthdate and then trying only in certain months to aim for summer or spring etc babies,,, clearly they've never had fertility issues. Anyways,,, I'm off to bed head cold and the bachelor (yes trash tv!) is calling!!

Awesome news :-)
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:22 am

Hi girls

Thanks for the well wishes - still finding it hard to believe. Herman, how are the injections going? I have also heard from others that the progesterone injections can hurt quite a bit. As with Roar, we use the progesterone pessaries here. I am still taking them three time a day until 10 weeks, then I taper for one week and stop. Roar - I will ask about the cervical length measurement. Is that to make sure the baby isn't premature? Agree that we are far beyond wishing for a certain birth month! Any month will do just fine. Herman, when you do your FET how many embryos are you planning on transferring?

I am doing ok. Have been feeling really nauseous the last few days but I seem to be following a cycle where I feel sick three days, then fine three days - odd. My obstetrician prescribed extra iron supplements in addition to my preg multivitamin and that has been giving me an upset tummy and I feel all crampy which is not helping my nerves. I have to take extra folic acid too.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. How is the cold roar? Mine is much better now, I can breathe again. Take care girls xxx
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Herman2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

I spoke to my Doc just yesterday about how many to transfer. We've always transferred 2, so I'm very inclined to stick with 2 to maximize our chances. I told him I was open to discussion if he can give me empirical data to show that the risk of multiples is more than the risk of a BFN. Meaning if I have a better chance of a BFP with just 1, then I'll go with 1, but even he said that although the average data shows that success rates are very high for PGD embryo, given my history, 2 seems like a better option, assuming of course that I am open to twins or even, *gasp* triplets. Bottom line, i told him is that i would be more disappointed with a single transfer and subsequent BFN, then twins or heavens, triplets. So long answer to your question, but transferring 2.

Just a note for our 4 snow babies: 2 embryos were normal, two were abnormal. The abnormal ones were either missing chromosomes or had multiple extras, so I'm not sure if that is the norm for my previous embroyos and therefore the real reason for my infertility, bc I've never had PGD prior to last cycle, but I found the abnormalities interesting. Both were missing chromosome 13.
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Rebcat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:16 am

Hi girls

Herman, I just wanted to wish you all the best for your transfer, hope everything goes smoothly xxx

Roar, how are you doing?

Not too much to report from me. Feeling pretty sick today - nine weeks today. I have a scan at the end of the week to see how things are going. Fingers crossed.
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:58 am

Hi ladies,

Just a quick msg, sorry haven't been on earlier. Herman HUGE good luck for the transfer, if you are comfortable with two then two is your number!!! Do you have a set preg test date as yet?

Rebcat- lovely news you are feeling sick!! I was listening to a pod cast about ivf fertility etc and stats show that nausea/morning sickness in preg women are all great signs of a good pregnancy. Of course not all women get it but for those that do it's a great sign, the doc justified really well why we have it but I'm not as articulate as he was! As for the cervical length, yes,,, I think it Shld be around 5cm initially and then it shortens as labour approaches, but not really until towards the end. By measuring at each scan will give u peace of mind. And the OB mentioned if I get copious amts of egg white mucus (like ovulation) then to let her know too, as that could be a sign. Good luck for the scan at the end of the week,, will you find out the gender when you are able to?

All good with me, still nauseous and low blood pressure, which makes me out of breathe and feel pretty awful but 24 weeks and bubs bouncing around like a looney so yay!!

Big week for you both. Thoughts and prayers to you two xx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Hello

Just wanted to give you an update - had my scan on Friday which was 9w3d. The twins are still there! They are doing well and both measuring on time and almost the same heart rates - 177/176. One of them was wriggling around and flailing their little arms and legs :)

So I felt pretty reassured by that, but I have had a wee worry - about two hours after the scan, which was an abdominal, not internal, I had some light pinkish-brown spotting which continued for the rest of the day, but getting less and lighter each time, just slightly brownish today. I think this is ok, but I wish it hasn't happened as it just makes me feel anxious again already.

Herman, hopefully by now you have had your transfer and your wee embies are nestling in.

Roar - that is no good about the low bp, but at least it is not pre-eclampsia. Glad bubs is kicking away and doing well. Are you feeling any better about things now or still just as anxious? I am not sure abut finding out gender. If it was just one, I definitely wouldn't, but it makes a trickier decision with two as it might help with planning and buying things. What do you think?

Hope everyone is good x
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Herman2 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Rebcat- congrats on the scan, high heart rates, boys, perhaps?

Roar- glad to hear everything is going well, can't believe it's 24 weeks already for you.

AFM: I thought I posted earlier, so sorry for the delay. ET went well on the 8th but I've had a terrible cough for almost 2 weeks and although I managed to hold it together for the ET, I hacked all night the first night so I'm cautiously optimistic that this ET is going to be a BFP. I've been through this so many times I realize I can't just cough them out, but I'm still a bit worried. The PGD we did showed 2 normal, 2 abnormal so we decided to transfer both to maximize our chances. Beta is 21 Sep so the time is dragging. I feel well, just about like every other ET, so it's hard to tell. I'm tired, bloated, and the oil shots are kicking my butt, literally. The things we do. Thanks for catching up.
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello!!

Great news Rebcat on the scan, it's funny how you said they were still 'there' as that was always my first thought. It's such a relief when u see the heartbeat and that they are measuring well. How is the morning sickness going? The slight bleed would have been scary but if it's stopped with no cramping that is Great signs. Plus you saw them that day which is very reassuring. When is your next scan? What is your due date? I'm going well, moments of anxiety, December can't come quick enough, but trying to enjoy it. I think if I was having twins I would find out,, but not really sure as to the reason why. As you progress along you will know what's best for you both. When we were asked the other week if we wanted to know ans we declined I figured at any point we can find out so may as well keep guessing for now.

Herman yay for the transfer. Two is a great number. The 21st would feel like eternity away,, and yes you can't cough them out hehe,, will be thinking of you. Remember you have done all you can, it's now out of your hands. Give it up to the gods, the universe or whatever it is you believe!! Good luck

Xxx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Herman2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks Roar for the support. It amazing how slow 2 weeks goes when you're waiting for news. Your're absolutely right, it's out of my hands, so staying positive!!

Call me old fashioned but I say wait to find out the gender, it makes L&D so much more exciting. After all the drugs to get us pregnant, I went with a natural home birth with my daughter and have plans for the same if (when) we are so blessed to have another. It was such a surprise when Bronwynne was born as we were convinced we were having a a boy.

Waiting.....waiting.....waiting. gotta love it.
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF