First IVF with ICSI.... 7dp3dt

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IVF with ICSI.... 7dp3dt

Postby Stickybeanhopeful » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 am

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the long post, nice to meet everyone....

I have read a lot of posts on forums and on the net to try to get a grip and understanding of what I was going through; pain, thoughts and symptoms…. I hesitated a lot before posting anything as I did not want to jinx any chances we may have… because posting on a forum could affect our chances to get pregnant! Doh! So here is my story…. Following 2 failed IUI hubby and I decided to try IVF. We started our first cycle on 15 December. At first it didn’t go well as 7 days later I still only had 3 follicles but by a miracles at our last appointment we found out we had 6 good follicles. (plus 1 which was too big to be considered for the procedure) It was 23rd of December… maybe a miracle before Christmas eve. J So we were all set for our egg collection on the following Sunday, 28/12. Egg collection went well, they got 5 eggs which were all mature, of which 4 fertilised, of which 3 made it, on day 2 one had 2 cells and 2 had 4 cells each. Transfer was on day 3, we transferred the best 2 which by then had 8 cells each and had started compaction. We saw our tiny babies to be on screen, they looked like a blob! That was New Year’s Eve…. What a way to end the year! Transfer went well, I think. My beta HCG test date is Sunday 11th January, today I am 7dp3dt. I have had a lot of symptoms. 1dp3dt I was tired and in a lot of pain, day 2p2dt I was really ill, I had a lot of nausea every time I moved, I was very very tired and had a lot of cramping. 3dp3dt was about the same but less nausea and did not need to nap oh and I was craving roast chicken with all the trimmings!! Lol!! On 4dp3dt I went back to work, I was very tired and has nausea too. From early afternoon I got a lot of pain, like a needle or a dagger was hitting me inside, it got so painful I had to hold my lower abdomen (well that area down there) while walking otherwise I could not stand still. I got very exciting when I saw a blue vein on my left boob! (It is still there, not prominent, more faded but it is there) Day 5p3dt was the same, tired and nausea. I went to register with a new OBGYN where we live as the fertility clinic was went to is 1.5/2 hours away so I will have my beta here instead than over there on Sunday. OBGYN was very nice, he set up the blood test for Sunday so I only need to go to the lab and get it done. He also did a scan to make sure I did not have OHSS. He said I didn’t and my uterus looked normal. Obviously he could not seen anything but it would have been way too early to see something. Still, that unsettled me. 6dp3dt, My boobs were painful, so much I can’t close/cross my arms! I was really really tired at work, just wanted my bed. I was also really really cold… well, one minutes I was freezing and pilling on the layers and the next I was boiling hot and could not take the layers off fast enough… perhaps I should explain that over here the weather is bright sun and a temperature of 20 to 28 degrees therefore feeling cold is not normal! The ac can make you cold but not like that. By the end of my working day I was convinced I was coming down with something. I went home and went to bed to rest and watch happy movies.
Today I am 7dp3dt, I had a good night sleep ish, could be because I had a craving for pizza last night so I had some and it must have affected my sugar so I slept well ish. I had been waking up 2 or 3 times a night, not for the loo, just waking up. I am going to the loo a lot but not at night. Anyhow, I stupidly tested this morning, I thought that maybe I could be like one of those lucky ladies who got their BFP on day 7 post transfer but no I was obviously deluded with that. When I skinted a lot I thought I saw a shadow of a line but I think that was definitely wishful thinking. I have been feeling quite sorry for myself today. Of course I am tired, nausea seems to have stayed at bay, for now, I have had period pain (AF is due in 1 day but because I take cyclogest it is stopping it) and I have like pinching pain on the right side. My boobs are still painful, nipples are not at all, boobs are painful all around, just not in the middle where my nipples are. They are not heavy either like they usually are before AF. I have blue veins on hem, even some going up towards m shoulder which hubby noticed. II really do not know what to think of all this, I am feeling quite sad today and feel like it has not work. I feel like everything I went through did not happen and I am wondering what’s the point. L Has anyone been through all this with a happy ending? This is really hard.
I also had brown spotting today which started light and watery and tonight it is more dry. :-(. Our beta is on Sunday.

Stickybeanhipeful
Stickybeanhopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: First IVF with ICSI.... 7dp3dt

Postby Adventurer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how hard it is. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but wait it out. I wish I had a nicer answer. There are plenty of people who get their BFPs on 8dp3dt as well or the evening of 7dp3dt. Your symptoms do sound promising though. FX for you!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LynneFas » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:09 am

what are the results???
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC: 1+ years
Dx: Blocked left tube and < 2% morphology
9 months total TTC naturally but then there's this.....
Aug 2014 IUI: 50mg Clomid - BFN
Sept 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Oct 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Nov 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
IVF process started late Feb 2015... Egg retrieval March 2015... FET April 2015...
April 13, 2015 :bfp: :D 1st Beta 235
You can read all about my IVF journey here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/babyhopeful412
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Stickybeanhopeful » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:15 am

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. Sadly we were not pregnant. Our first beta was 5.34 and our second one 48 hours later was 2.65. We also found out that my blocked tube produces secretions which impact implantation and also my uterus us in a T shape which apparently impacts implantation and could stop us from ever getting pregnant. Quite upsetting. Our new OBGYN told us that, quite annoyed that the previous OBGYN wasted our time with IUI and that the IVF clinic did not say that either. Now I have to decide on whether surgery to remove the tube us the next best step or not.

Stickybeanhopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LynneFas » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear. That is definitely news that can rock your world a bit. Hopefully you guys can figure out what the best option for you is.. I hope one day your dream will come true. xoxo :hugs:
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC: 1+ years
Dx: Blocked left tube and < 2% morphology
9 months total TTC naturally but then there's this.....
Aug 2014 IUI: 50mg Clomid - BFN
Sept 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Oct 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Nov 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
IVF process started late Feb 2015... Egg retrieval March 2015... FET April 2015...
April 13, 2015 :bfp: :D 1st Beta 235
You can read all about my IVF journey here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/babyhopeful412
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IVF