About to start very first IVF! Excited, nervous and scared!!

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

About to start very first IVF! Excited, nervous and scared!!

Postby LynneFas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:08 am

Hi everyone,

My husband (33) and I (32) have been TTC for 1+ year. After 6 months I knew something was wrong so booked an appt with an RE. Turns out, he has severely low morphology and I have a blocked left tube. Everything else is fine. We had 5 failed IUIs. Took this month "off" because my body and my mind just needed a break. We met with the RE a couple of days ago and decided altogether than IVF is our best option as DH sperm is likely not going to fertilize my eggs. We have an appt today with his RN to discuss medications/shots/etc. I know how much this is going to cost and thankfully with the help of our families, we will be able to get it done. Insurance does not cover a dime of this. :cry:

With that said - I am super excited that this is finally happening and am hopeful that it will work for us. However, we all know that there are never guarantees. I am nervous for all that accompanies IVF as well as a little scared. I have been reading through this board to see if I can have some of my questions answered and to ease my fears but I feel like there are just some questions that I have to ask.

We are going to have to decide how many embryos to transfer and I am not sure how to make this decision. We have talked at length about this and originally decided we were going to go for 2. Since then, we have been reading and talking to different people and I am becoming fearful of having multiples. I am not sure if this is logical or not. Is it worth risking it? Are the risks really as bad as "they" say? Can anyone who transferred multiple embryos and had multiples please chime in and let me know how things went for you and your babies? I am having such a hard time deciding. I don't want to make this all about finances since insurance doesn't cover it. It is wayyyy cheaper to do this again if there are frozen embryos for the next time if it doesn't work the first, however, if we end up with multiples the first time around, as first time parents, how will we be able to afford THAT?! lol. AAAGH! :omg:

I am wracking my brain here trying to make the best decision for us and for our future family. DH is saying lets go for 2 but I'm not sure he 100% understands the risks involved.

Also - did you all do genetic testing? We are opting to DO genetic testing with the hope that we will end up with the right amount of "good" healthy embryos.

What can I expect from the shots? Will I gain weight? Will I be moody? Will I be in pain at all? I obviously will ask the nurses all about this but you ladies have always been so supportive. It's been so nice to read all of your stories, pointers, and reassurance.

Now is as good a time as any to ask for more!! Thanks so much for reading!

Lynne :luck:
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC: 1+ years
Dx: Blocked left tube and < 2% morphology
9 months total TTC naturally but then there's this.....
Aug 2014 IUI: 50mg Clomid - BFN
Sept 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Oct 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Nov 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
IVF process started late Feb 2015... Egg retrieval March 2015... FET April 2015...
April 13, 2015 :bfp: :D 1st Beta 235
You can read all about my IVF journey here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/babyhopeful412
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: About to start very first IVF! Excited, nervous and scar

Postby mamabear1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 pm

I cannot answer any of your questions but just wanted to pop in and wish you all the very best. :)
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cbusch87 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm

The process can be really hard and overwhelming at first. IVF is big but totally doable. I don't know if I can answer your questions since a lot is personal preference and depends on the situation, but I'll try my best.

We chose to do IVF after our 4 IUI's failed. We were so tired of TTC (5+ years) and I was ready for our last shot before moving on to adoption. We didn't opt to do genetic testing, but I do know it's very helpful for some couples. Usually the couples that do genetic testing have a history of repeated miscarriages, know that they have a genetic issue that could be passed down to their children, or know that they have poor egg or sperm quality.

I waivered a lot about how many embryos to transfer. Our RE recommended 1 because of our age but would allow 2. We'd been at this for so long we liked the idea of having 2 kids at once, but it also terrified me. I'm a small person (5'2" & 115lbs) and didn't know if I could physically carry twins without serious complications. DH really wanted twins to have an instant family. I worried if we transferred 1 and it didn't take, how devastated would I be? I personally would've kicked myself for not transferring 2. And then I wondered, if I got pregnant and miscarried, could I even go through more treatments to have a baby? So we chose to transfer 2, hoping that we would have the highest chance of delivering 1 healthy baby.

We did get our BFP. Our first ultrasound at 7 weeks showed 2 babies with beating hearts. We were overjoyed, but I was also terrified. I had severe morning sickness and knew it was likely worse because I had 2 babies growing. We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and found that one of the babies had no heartbeat. While it was incredibly sad to lose that baby, we were SO relieved to still be pregnant with 1 healthy baby. I'm so grateful that we were allowed to transfer 2 for that reason. It was diagnosed as Vanishing Twin Syndrome which can happen in up to 30% of twin pregnancies.

As far as the shots and everything goes, it's hard to get the nerve to stick yourself (or have your DH do it) at first but it becomes pretty easy after doing it a few times. I started feeling my ovaries a couple days into my stims and by the time we were ready for the trigger & egg retrieval, my ovaries were very sore. It hurt to walk or go over a bump in the car. Nothing terrible, it's just uncomfortable since your body is pushed to grow so many at a time. I also experienced some nausea, tiredness, and hot flashes on the hormones.

I think I gained about 5-10 lbs over the course of my medicated IUI's and IVF. I wore a lot of loose tops to hide my bloat/weight gain because I did look pregnant at times. You may gain fluid in your abdomen from the growing follicles (during stims) or ruptured follicles (after egg retrieval). Your RE will instruct you to drink plenty of electrolytes and eat protein to help avoid OHSS.

I got OHSS the day of my BFP, which my RE said was made worse because I had such high levels from both embryos sticking. OHSS isn't incredibly common and while it was miserable, it really only lasted for a week before the fluid began to dissipate. I gained almost 10 lbs of fluid in my abdomen which they were going to drain but thankfully it started going away the day my drain was scheduled. Like I said, this isn't incredibly common but I was told ahead of time that I was at the highest risk for it (due to age & BMI).

As far as moodiness, it's so hard to know if it was from the hormones or the stress of the process. It's very emotional to go through any kind of infertility treatment. IVF is great because you feel like you have a little more control or awareness about what's going on, but it can also be nerve-wracking waiting for your injection instructions, hearing the fertilization report, and getting updates on how the embryos are doing.

I hope that helps some!
Married in 2007
TTC since Fall 2009
Me: 27
– All tests have been normal
DH: 30 – Azoospermia (0 sperm count, SCO syndrome)
4 failed IUI's

IVF : Nov 2014
2 blastocysts transferred 11/8! 5 frosties.
:bfp: 11/13(5dp5dt) : BFP 5dp5dt!!
Beta #1 (8dp5dt) : 204
Beta #2 (10dp5dt) : 565
Beta #3 (12dp5dt) : 1,200
7 week ultrasound : Twins!
8 week ultrasound : Lost Baby A, Baby B still going strong
♥ Baby boy due 7/27/15 ♥

cbusch87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby plattis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm

hi lynne! We did our first IVF round in August after 4 failed IUI's, clomid and femara. I was soo scared. the money, the shots, the hopes and dreams. I honestly didn't know if I could take another failed cycle.

From the time we started until transfer day, I wanted to transfer 2. DH was leery, and given my age the doctor kept reminding me that not all twins wind up as 2 perfect babies. I was convinced it was our best shot at having a baby after reading horror stories about women transferring 2 but only getting one baby.

But on the other hand, we only got 8 eggs on retrieval day (I was crushed. we had 14 follicles going into collection day so I has expected so much more). I had also done a ton of research that for some women, after all the hormones of IVF they have a hard time implanting on fresh cycles but do wonderfully on frozen cycles so having frozen embryos was also important to me. The though of twins scared me too- as cbusch said, I too am petite and didn't know if I could do 2. After hours of prayer, DH and I decided if the embryos were poorer quality we would transfer 2, if they looked good we would transfer 1. we also played a numbers game- normally of your eggs collected, only 75% or so fertilize. and of those good fertilized, only so many are "good" quality, and of those, only so many freeze back. so in the end, we thought if we only get 4 eggs, we'd transfer 2 and freeze 2.
We knew 2 days after collection that the doctor had to use ICSI- we had presigned a waiver that if it didn't look like they were going to fertilize naturally to go ahead with the ICSI. It was an extra 500$, but after the 15k we already paid, it was chump change. We didn't know anything else about the fertilization status.
On Transfer day I was so nervous I couldn't stop shaking- but on the screen was a beautiful, textbook embryo. In that moment we decided to go with 1- the doctor came in to ask us 3 times if we were sure since up until that day we were completely in camp 2-embryo. In the end, it was right for us.

For the IVF itself, I gained about 10 lbs with clomid, nothing with femara and nothing until the end with IVF. Right before collection day I had gained 10 lbs (on top of my 10lb clomid weight) and felt HORRIBLE. I was the size of a house (in my head). It was mostly water weight and I lost about 12lbs during the TWW after the egg collection. I wasn't moody with the IVF meds (clomid was way worse). We also opted not to do genetic testing this go round (although at 12 weeks pregnant we paid for the blood chromosomal testing). I think we we TTC #2, we will do testing since we only want 2 kids and I want #2 to be a girl.

I was an emotional mess all in all by the time we did IVF, so I blogged about it which helped get it out- you can read up on my whole experience in my blog in my signature. Reading other peoples experiences helped a ton! Good luck!!!
Me:27 DH:31 (normal SA)
HSG&SIS - tubes/uterus great.
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

2012: TTC without strategy
2013: diagnosed with PCOS, clomid 4x (bfn), HSG&LAP
2014: femara 3x (bfn), Ectopic pregnancy, clomid #5, IUI 4x & IVF

9/1/14: IVF#1! 11 days of stims, 8 mature/ 8 fertilized/ 7 frosties and one beautiful 4AA transferred :)
10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158!
graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d

Mom to one beautiful little baby bee born 5/22/15 <3

the chart

my fertility & pregnancy ramblings
plattis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LynneFas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

cbusch - Talk about an emotional roller coaster... your post made me cry. Tears of sadness for your lost baby but tears of joy for your sticky one!! Thank you for your story and for your advice - every little bit helps!!

plattis - I actually went to your blog and read the entire thing from start to finish!! I might consider doing this for myself so that I can have an outlet. Thank you too for your story and for your encouragement. This whole process is really scary. While I have accepted the fact that this is the way it is - that we have to battle infertility- I am trying to be more positive about the experience. I know what's going on inside my body and I know what treatment is best for me and DH. Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to make SO many decisions! I am naturally an over-thinker, over-analyzer (my background is in psychology and now nutrition/food science - go figure :roll: ) so it seems only right to have to endure this.

I read some stories and I am boosted with support and confidence and feeling like I CAN DO THIS and it WILL BE SUCCESSFUL! Then I see some stories of going through an entire process and having nothing to freeze. My insurance doesn't pay for any of this so the thought of having to go through more than one stim/retrieval process scares the daylights out of me. :shock:

With all of that said, I am about to sit down on the couch with a glass of red wine (we haven't started the process yet lol) and read "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. I will dedicate my free time to relaxation and practicing positive thinking. A good friend of mine was talking to me about spirituality and the law of attraction. The universe doesn't understand positive or negative. It only understands what you put out. For instance, if I sit here and dwell on infertility and that I "can't get pregnant" then the universe will say "hey, Lynne keeps thinking and talking about infertility and not having a baby. This must be what Lynne wants." NO! So what I will do is practice changing my thoughts to "I will be pregnant. Fertility comes easy to me" and just relax, breathe and trust the process. Sometimes it sounds like a bunch of psychobabble to me but other times I find it so reinforcing of all the good things in my life... it helps get me by.

I will let you all know how the book is :wink: I am looking forward to starting this process - cool, calm, collected!!!

Worth a shot right?! :D

Thanks for the stories - and mamabear - thank you! Anyone else reading this please feel free to chime in. Anything I can read here will be much appreciated.
IVF process started late Feb 2015... Egg retrieval March 2015... FET April 2015...
You can read all about my IVF journey here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/babyhopeful412
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ukcatgirl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 am

I echo everything cbusch87 said and wanted to add that I too, transferred 2 embryos and ended up with a vanishing twin at 8 weeks. My perfect boy will be one in 3 weeks and I would have always second guessed my decision if I had only transferred one and it hadn't worked. Take that for what it's worth! Good luck and :babydustb: :sticky: :babydustg:
Me - Ryan (34) and DH - Dre (40) - TTC #1 since 8/11
HSG: 11/14/11 - All clear!
Severe MFI (low count/motility)
Jan '13 IVF #1
16 eggs retrieved but 0 sperm present in TESE - Froze eggs
Feb - April - DH on Clomid (daily) and hCG shot 3x/week
4/19/13 - SA: sperm present (3 million/50% motility)
5/28/13 - 16 eggs thawed/survive, ICSI and 14 fertilize
6/2/13 - Transfer 2 great quality 5 day blasts. 1 blast to freeze on day 6.
6/14 - Beta 301
1st U/S - Twins! Baby A measuring perfectly with a HB of 141 and Baby B measuring a day behind w/ HB of 129.
2nd U/S - Baby A measuring perfectly w/ a HB of 178. Baby B no HB stopped growing at 8w1d.
2/13/14 - Healthy Baby Boy delivered after 40 hrs of labor via C-section.

ukcatgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LynneFas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Thank you so much ukcatgirl!! We are a little scared and nervous but I have butterflies over it. I think above all else I am just super excited to start the process and see what comes of it. 8) :yay:
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Adventurer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Lynne:

My experience was a little different because of my age (39) when I started IVF and initially I was diagnosed as mildly diminished ovarian reserve. (But I did vitamins and acupuncture and my AMH doubled and I was no longer DOR). We did 4 IVFs back to back before I did a fresh transfer with my 4th IVF.

Everyone is different in terms of how they react to the drugs and it also depends on your ovarian reserve. With you being young and no fertility issues (except for a blocked tube), 1) you will be probably react well to the drugs so expect bloating, some weight gain and sore ovaries and 2) your chance of success is excellent. I imagine that they will put you on a long lupron protocol with ICSI (due to male factor). One word of advice, as long as you don't overstimulate, do not let them give you a lupron trigger if possible. Pregnyl (or Novarel)/HCG at 10,000 IU is the ideal trigger. And if using Ovidrel, the dose should be 500, NOT 250 as in IUIs. Lupron triggers can work but it depends on how much LH your pituitary gland has stored while being suppressed. If there is not enough (and there's no way to know), then your eggs may not mature properly and you'll get fewer and lower quality eggs.

I did genetic testing (PGS or pre-implantation genetic screening) via a method called metaphase comparative genomic hybridization (or m-CGH). Most centers in the US will only do array CGH. My biopsies had to be sent to Turkey and the results took a month. Array CGH can be done at day 3 or day 5. The day 5 biopsy is technically more difficult so make sure your lab has experience doing them before you decide to go ahead or you risk damaging your embryos. I had such an experience during my first IVF and therefore for IVFs 2 and 3, I did not do PGS. It wasn't until I went to Dr. Sher in Las Vegas that we did PGS because their embryologist has literally done thousands. In your case, I don't think you need genetic testing if you are 32 and don't have diminished ovarian reserve. One in 2 of your eggs should be normal whereas 1 in 5 of my eggs (at age 40) are normal. You only need it if you know of a specific genetic disorder that runs in your family (eg. cystic fibrosis, Down's syndrome) and you don't want to pass it on.

The best IVF resource on the net IMHO is Dr. Sher's website: www.haveababy.com. And no, I do not have shares in SIRM (I frequently provide this link to people here because I think his blog is so dang good).

Good luck!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Adventurer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm so compulsively thorough...:roll:

I forgot to comment on the issue of how many to transfer. At your age, like I said, one in 2 of your eggs will be chromosomally normal. That doesn't speak to their quality though which is a separate issue. I suspect that your eggs will be great quality since you only have the blocked tube. Still, taking vitamin supplements (especially Ubiquinol 600 mg daily) will help. I think you should wait until you find out how many eggs you get, their quality, how many fertilize and how your embryos are growing before deciding. If they are great and you do a blastocyst transfer (ie. day 5) then your chances of success are very high and you may get twins if you transfer 2. Then again, even if you transfer one and it doesn't work, if your embryos are great then there will be a number to freeze and you can always do a frozen embryo transfer (FET).

I hope that helps :)
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydreams2 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Lynnfas!

It was SO helpful reading your post because I too am about to start my first IVF cycle (first week of Feb will be my pre-stimulation month), and have mixed emotions. I'm 39, we've had 4 clomid IUIs (first was BFP but m/c at 6 wks). DH also has very poor morphology but strong count and motility. I, too, had to take the last month off to let my mind and body have a break before diving into IVF!

I feel exactly like you do and with the SAME questions!! It is so helpful to know we're not alone in all this. I would never have dreamed I'd need to have IVF and it took awhile to accept the invasiveness and costs. But now I'm at peace with it...at least until I get that first bill ;)

What protocol has your RE recommended for you? Mine recommended "low-dose, estrace/clomid, genetic testing, and frozen embryo transfer". I was taken aback that the whole process for me will be almost 4 months!! It's SO hard to wait for this, when all I've been doing is waiting, trying and failing for so long. But she thinks this protocol will be my best chance, considering my age....it involves a prestimulation month of estrogen and testosterone, then the stimulation/retrieval month, then one month off to let my lining grow back after the 10 days of clomid, and then the FET will be the next cycle.

As for # of embryos to transfer...my RE said she recommends transferring the minimum # because there are so many risks with multiples, and she said it's best to base the decision off the # and quality of embryos you get. So she said that if, for example, I have 1+ really great looking embryo(s), she'd rec transferring just 1, but if I had only 2 poor quality embryos she'd recommend transferring both. She said to relax, it will be clearer when we know my retrieval results.

I wish all the best to you in this process!!!
babydreams2
Friend

Postby JLG80 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:40 am

I was so glad to come across this board! I am currently in my tww of iui # 4 (Clomid and ovidrel). If this one doesn't work, we are moving to IVF. Each of your posts have been comforting to read, and eases some of my worries.

Baby dreams, mine will be a long process, too. A moth waiting list for the consult, the potentially a awaiting list for IVF,,then 1-2 months of bcp to regulate hormones, then stimming, retrieval, transfer. So this could easily not happen til summer!! A bummer, but it will be nice to have a bit of a physical and emotional break.

One question.....for those of you that have been through it, can you describe the egg retrieval? Is it painful? I'm worried about that, even though I know I will be sedated.

Thanks! For those of you that it worked for, congratulations!!! And for those,of you in the beginning stages, good luck!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Dx PCOS, Rx metformin July 2014
Lap 8/14/14
9/14-Clomid, Ovidrel, & timed BD -1follicle: BFN
10/20/14 IUI #1 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1follicle: BFN
12/8/14 IUI #2 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2follicles: BFN
1/10/15 IUI #3 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1 follicle: BFN
2/6/15 IUI #4 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2 follicles: BFN
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Baseline scheduled 7/17/15.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
1 blastocyst transferred 8/7/15, 3 frozen.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
9/3/15 ultrasound ❤️ 118bpm
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cbusch87 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:28 pm

JLG80 – I was put under for the egg retrieval which I'm sure is the best way to go! The couple days before retrieval I was really uncomfortable with such enlarged and full ovaries. When I woke up from the anesthesia I was pretty crampy but was given pain meds & anti-nausea meds which kept me pretty comfortable. I was sore for a few days after but that was about it. I think it was day 3 after retrieval I felt really good so I went out to Target and just walking around the store was a bit much for me and I ended up bloated and sore for the rest of the evening. You'll just have to listen to your body.

Wishing all of you ladies good luck, whether it's on your last IUI or your first IVF! ♥
Married in 2007
TTC since Fall 2009
4 failed IUI's

♥ Baby boy due 7/27/15 ♥

cbusch87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cbusch87 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Oh I also wanted to add – I kept a little "journal" of sorts from the start of my IVF cycle on a somewhat anonymous instagram account @makingbabyb if you want to follow it. I now use it to post pregnancy updates & questions (since I try to keep infertility / pregnancy stuff off my regular social media for the most part) but if you scroll back to November you'll be able to follow along.
Married in 2007
TTC since Fall 2009
4 failed IUI's

♥ Baby boy due 7/27/15 ♥

cbusch87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby plattis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:15 pm

JLG80- I was also put under for egg retrieval. I was a little sore when I woke up but otherwise fine. I was so afraid of OHSS that I drank about a gallon of Gatorade that afternoon. I was fine to go to work the next day (but my egg retrieval was at 7:30 am) Hopefully your IUI does the trick!! Good luck!!
Me:27 DH:31 (normal SA)
HSG&SIS - tubes/uterus great.
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

2012: TTC without strategy
2013: diagnosed with PCOS, clomid 4x (bfn), HSG&LAP
2014: femara 3x (bfn), Ectopic pregnancy, clomid #5, IUI 4x & IVF

9/1/14: IVF#1! 11 days of stims, 8 mature/ 8 fertilized/ 7 frosties and one beautiful 4AA transferred :)
10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158!
graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d

Mom to one beautiful little baby bee born 5/22/15 <3

the chart

my fertility & pregnancy ramblings
plattis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Adventurer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:13 pm

JLG80 - I had conscious sedation which wasn't that bad. Actually, I had it done 3 times and most pain I felt was around 5 out of 10 pain or less. You feel a quick pricking feeling in your vagina as they get to the ovaries but it wasn't very painful at all. There is some discomfort as they're aspirating your ovaries. But the sedation helped me forget most of what happened and the nurses were good at distracting me by asking me questions about travels. I'm lucky, I don't get any pain, cramping or bleeding after ER. I do get bloated after and it's a bit sore and uncomfortable walking but doable. If you've ever had seriously bad menstrual cramps, well this ER then is a walk in the park.
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF