First time IVF/ICSI March/April 2015 hoping for Twins

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First time IVF/ICSI March/April 2015 hoping for Twins

Postby Adventurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 am

Hi IVFnewbie:

Sorry for my very late reply! Thanks for the congrats! In my case at age 40, since only 1 in 5 eggs/embryos would be chromosomally normal, the PGS worked for me so that I didn't waste time putting back abnormals that had no chance. I have been following the Feb/March thread and read that it's costing someone $7k if they were to do the testing?!? Mine was $4000 and I thought that was outrageous.

My journey was pretty challenging last year but I swear by acupuncture which not only helped my eggs but helped keep me sane! I normally don't handle stress well and get fatigued but the acu made all the difference :)
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: First time IVF/ICSI March/April 2015 hoping for Twins

Postby waiting4alittleone » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone! I am going to be doing IVF with ICSI this coming May/June so I hope it is ok to comment here! I also want to wish everyone SOOOO much good luck and that everyone gets a super sticky BPF. I was wondering how all of you spent the few months leading up to your IVF cycle. I am 2 1/2 months away and it just suddenly hit me that I am finally going to be doing this soon and that in itself is emotionally a lot to process and I am not even in the midst of it yet. I am 26-years-old and my DH is 27. I have PCOS and he has slightly abnormal morphology and so our IVF doc said he definitely recommends IVF with ICSI.

In December 2013 we got pregnant and had a chemical pregnancy. That was my only little glimpse that maybe one day it could work. March 2014 - August 2014 we tried so so hard every cycle and those several months were emotionally and physically exhausting and financially challenging. So we took a break and realized we needed to try to do IVF and saved and saved as its all out of pocket (how do people go through this several times.. one time scares me financially and emotionally -- i can't imagine!!!) Anyway suddenly May is around the corner. I am not the most healthy person on the planet my life has been SO busy and stressful this past year that eating perfectly and exercising haven't been on my priority list when it should have and I am afraid I am going to make things so much harder. I have 2 1/2 months to go and I've started working out to Jillian Michaels (its interval training for only 30 minutes a day but its effective) and I am eating as clean as possible but i am scared I am going to mess things up. I am 5'3 and about 126 lb but I am healthiest around 118 lb so I have some work to do. I am going to start looking for an acupuncturist as well.

Do you ladies have any other recommendations for what to do to prepare in the three months leading up to your cycle? How did you all cope with the stress and emotions?

Also, I am glad I found this post and that some of you are hoping for twins. If I am totally honest the idea of twins makes me a little nervous. Even though it should be about health risks, its more about what life would be like with twins. I am only 26 and know one day I would want by baby to have a sibling but I always had the dream of having one and then another when I was ready. I think it takes a lot of strength to mother twins and life has been so exhausting the last few years. I feel horrible to admit that. BUT my husband and I are thinking we should put in two embryos to not run the risk of not having a BFP and realized we need to accept and be HAPPY and be ok with the very realistic possibility of twins because of my age group! My RE said I have a 70% chance. Oh boy! Thanks for everyone's brave and inspiring shares here :)
Diagnosed with PCOS in December 2012
Started trying November 2013
BFP in January 2014 ended with a chemical pregnancy
Chlomid + IUI March - August 2014 all BFN
Learned DH has slightly low morphology
Met with IVF doctor who recommends IVF w/ICSI
Stimming May 9th - May 19th
Triggering with Lupron May 20th (Found fluid may need to do FET and cancel ET)
Egg Retrevial May 22nd
Egg Transfer May 27th - transferred two beautiful embabies. Now PUPO.
waiting4alittleone
Friend

Previous

Return to IVF