Egg Freezing

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Egg Freezing

Postby BAHABeth » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:47 am

Hi All--this is my first post. I'm 33 years old, single and considering egg freezing. I hope to be married in a couple years but afraid even by then it could be too late to have a baby or I may only have time for one unassisted conception. I'd like 2-4 children. Has anyone been through this process? I have no known fertility issues but I have't even picked a clinic yet. How do you go about choosing? I guess I just have so many questions and don't have a support network for this yet.
BAHABeth

Re: Egg Freezing

Postby Adventurer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:37 am

You are doing a wise thing. Just make sure you find a reputable RE since the stimulation and management are key in getting good quality eggs. I wish I had done the same thing at your age.
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BAHABeth » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks! I'm looking at a clinic near my office, which looks pretty good.
BAHABeth

Postby MidwestGirl » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:02 pm

The process for getting eggs is the same whether you are going to freeze the eggs or fertilize them with IVF. If you read some of the forums here, you'll learn probably more than you wanted to know about the process, the medications, etc.

From what I've read, freezing eggs by themselves is still a fairly new technology (as opposed to freezing already-fertilized embryos), so if you plan to pursue it, you'll want to find someone who did a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and is board certified in this subspecialty. There are people who practice RE who are board-certified in OB/Gyn but never did a RE fellowship; although they may be good, I'd put my trust in someone who went through the rigors of fellowship training. You might ask around to find out which RE sees a lot of cancer patients in your area and so would have experience with this procedure - some women do egg freezing or freeze part of an ovary to preserve fertility before going through chemotherapy.

Good luck!
Me: 36, low progesterone/ovulatory dysfunction
DH: 41, healthy
19 months TTC #1
IVF Oct/Nov 2012, BFP! DD born at 41 weeks 1 day
13 months TTC #2, 1 year break, then 2 more months TTC
FET Jan 2015, BFN
Freeze-all IVF May 2015, 2 snowbabies
FET July 2015, BFP but m/c at 5w1d :angel:
FET Sept 2015, BFN
IVF with fresh tfr Sept 2016, BFP, DS born at 41 weeks
MidwestGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby xenianew » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:08 am

Hello! I am new to this forum and mainly cause of my best friend who has decided to freeze her eggs. In Poland where she lives there are only two fertility clinics that do. Althought the programme cost is only 1 500 Euro, it is new fertillity issue in the country. I promised her to search more info in European forums but still cannot find a support network. Fortunately her reason for egg freezing is only business ones and she has no problems with fertility. Are there any stories on eggs freezing? Any recomendations?
xenianew

Return to IVF