June 2015 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

June 2015 IVF

Postby kaye5805 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey everyone. Just getting the board started for anyone else joining me this cycle. Due to a delay with my medication it looks like I now have an tentative transfer date of June 16th. I was a bit down about being delayed an entire month but on the other hand, my foster kid is due with her baby any day now and I just took on a leadership project at work so I guess this is God's way of saying hold up woman you are doing way to much!!!! Its been a long journey and I really am looking forward to reaching the finish line:)
Dec 2012 off bcp
Dec 2013 SA shows zero sperm:(
January 2014 hsg and my bloodwork normal
Feb 2014 dh blood tests normal. Decided to try TESA but made decision would use donor if nothing found
March 2014 Tesa done..no sperm:(
2 Unmedicated IUIS- BFN
2 Medicated IUIS- BFN
IVF consult new RE December 4, 2014
12/23/14 Sonohysterogram (fibroids!!!!)
2/3/15 Abdominal Myomectomy 9 fibroids removed
3/27/15 Hysteroscopy with D&C
April Cycle Delayed :(
New IVF cycle start 5/4/15
6/17/15 transfer two 5day blasts ..loss at 6weeks
kaye5805
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: June 2015 IVF

Postby GeorgiaRule » Sat May 09, 2015 5:43 pm

kaye: Thank you for getting the board started! I have been stalking the IVF boards since January when we first found out we needed it. I have be anxiously waiting for this day to come. This is our first cycle and my transfer is scheduled for the week of June 22, that seems so far away! I saw in your siggy that you have already stared bcps. My RE gave me the script when we signed our consent forms but I was instructed to wait for the nurse to call me before I can begin. Sorry to hear about the delay with your medication but with all that you have going it I'm sure it's for the best. Congrats on the leadership project at work! I really admire your role as a foster parent. I am a social worker and I know the challenges/benefits that fostering can bring, kudos to you!!
Me:35
DH:33
TTC Since:2/12

HSG:12/14 both tubes blocked

June - July 2015 IVF# 1 - Microdose Lupron
6/23/15 - 20 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 12 fertilized-5 made it to 5dt
7/5/15 BFP 7dp5dt :angel2:

August FET#1
8/30/15 BFP 5dp5dt :angel2:

Current Status: None
GeorgiaRule
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby HungryCaterpillar » Sun May 10, 2015 4:28 am

Hey! I'm about to start my first cycle (and this is my first post!). I'm hoping it will be in June but could possibly be the beginning of July. It will be my first IVF attempt and will be doing it solo using donor sperm. To say i'm overwhelmed and slightly apprehensive is an understatement!
HungryCaterpillar
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun May 10, 2015 4:37 am

Hello ladies,same as you I'm getting ready for ivf but it won't be in June,im waiting for a few months before we go see a clinic,but by September we plan on doing it!!I have been ready for IVF since I started TTC,I had a feeling something is not right,and here im after 2+years waiting for the perfect moment to go see the FS!!I would love for you to share your journey and the steps you are doing for ivf!!Good Luck and FX to you ladies!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GeorgiaRule » Sun May 10, 2015 7:41 am

Hungry-
Congrats on your first post! As you can see I haven't had many but boy have I been stalking other boards! LOL! It took me a while to get comfortable with the thought of IVF and I could't post about it initially. I spent months just lurking on other boards, reading and soaking up all the information I could on other women who where going through it. Now that it is my turn, I am throwing caution to the wind! I want to support others and receive it myself. This is my first IVF cycle as well and I'm actually excited. When I first started reading the IVF boards I had a total melt down. I like you was overwhelmed and apprehensive! I was also very naive back then. BUT after reading more, I learned more and I love to be informed. Since I have the gist (or so I think) of what to expect, I feel so much more prepared and the excitement is kicking in. I still think of the what ifs and cost but I remind myself that the take home baby is why we do this! That alone is good enough for me! I know your mentioned going through this solo and using donor sperm, do you have the support of family or a close friend?

Danaa-
I will be happy to share my experience. It's only fair since I have been drawing on others to get me to this point. September will be here before you know it! Waiting a few months is not a bad thing IMO. I took the month of April to vacation with my Mom and relax before starting IVF the first opportunity I had after my D&C. Personally, I needed that time to collect my thoughts and work on my health (more exercise, better nutrition) ect. We were ttc on and off for 2+ years as well, it was such a frustrating time for me. BUT now! I'm excited and ready to get the show on the road!

August FET#1

GeorgiaRule
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kaye5805 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Hey ladies!! Well my foster had her baby today.. Oh man she was a champ! Makes me remember why I'm working so hard for this:)

Hungry welcome!! I'm glad you decided to post!!!

Georgia is the injection class something your clinic does? I wish I had that but luckily I have a lot of nurse friends to help.

Dana welcome!!! Praying all goes well leading up to your cycle:)
Dec 2012 off bcp
Dec 2013 SA shows zero sperm:(
January 2014 hsg and my bloodwork normal
Feb 2014 dh blood tests normal. Decided to try TESA but made decision would use donor if nothing found
March 2014 Tesa done..no sperm:(
2 Unmedicated IUIS- BFN
2 Medicated IUIS- BFN
IVF consult new RE December 4, 2014
12/23/14 Sonohysterogram (fibroids!!!!)
2/3/15 Abdominal Myomectomy 9 fibroids removed
3/27/15 Hysteroscopy with D&C
April Cycle Delayed :(
New IVF cycle start 5/4/15
6/17/15 transfer two 5day blasts ..loss at 6weeks
kaye5805
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HungryCaterpillar » Sun May 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Georgia - I have been stalking the boards as well after someone mentioned them to me. To tell you the truth, I didn't know what to write! I didn't know whether to start a thread about myself or join someone else's. I'm worried about the expectations and getting my hopes up. I am pretty new to IVF although it's been at the back of my mind for the past 2 years. The IVF boards are overwhelming but informative. I have tried not to focus on the negative posts but it's hard! I don't have a lot of support. I have tried to keep it quiet for obvious reasons. I am a little excited but definitely trying to keep a lid on the excitement.

I really look forward to going on and sharing this journey with you lovely ladies!
HungryCaterpillar
Friend

Postby HungryCaterpillar » Sun May 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Kaye!
HungryCaterpillar
Friend

Postby Danaa » Mon May 11, 2015 7:48 am

Ty for welcoming me here ladies!!Kaye congratulations to ur foster!!!Georgia the injections are really easy you will see,besides Cetrotide I didn't felt any of them painfull!I had 2 rounds of injectables for timed
intercourse,my first round was GonalF wich is a pen and I love so easy to use,Menopur that you have too mix,and Ovidrele the trigger shot same as Gonal a pen,my second round was Pergoveris this you also have to mix,GonalF,Cetrotide again you have to mix it and Ovidrele,really easy but at first is scary and is best to have someone to help you,lucky me I had a friend wich I will thank forever!!!!The Cetrotide is a med that will delay O for a while but probably with careful monitoring gnome of us will need it!!!IVF is such a painfull and emotional journey and I hope you ladies have someone there with you to help you go trough this!!!Im having IVf done in Greece :(I'm not happy about that I wish I could have it in Romania(I'm Romanian)where I could of understand better everything but bcs of my husband's passport i can't do it!!!Hungry I know what you mean about the boards,I read so many stories but I only kept the positive ones and not the ones wich had multiple ivf whitout an good outcome,is such a cruel thing to have to go trough this and pay so much money and still is not guaranteed that we will have a baby!!!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GeorgiaRule » Mon May 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Kaye
The injection class is something that is offered by my clinic. It's a 1.5 hour class that apparently explains all the medications, how to inject, mix and our protocol is given and explained in detail. Having Nurse friends is amazing! They will always answer when you need them which is probably just as good if not better than a class!

Hungry
I too worry about getting my hopes up, especially when lots of veteran IVF'ers report the 1st cycle being somewhat of a "trial". I reject that train of thought by trusting that my RE is capable and will make the best decisions for me during this process. Plus, lots of women have success their first try! If this cycle doesn't work I'm sure I will be heartbroken but that will not keep me from succeeding. We are supposed to be mothers! I totally believe that. Although you may not have much support where you live, I am here to support you. We are all in this together!

Danaa
You are a total champ! DH will be giving me the injections every night and I am so grateful! I had to get a blood draw today and begged the nurse for a baby needle! I am such a wimp! LOL! Greece! I've always wanted to visit there! I have friends visiting in early July but I couldn't go because of IVF. I'm sorry you aren't able to go to a clinic in your home country. That has to be especially frustrating on top of all the emotional junk IVF takes us through. I agree that with all that we endure at least we should be guaranteed a baby! I'm not sure about you but we are paying 100% out of pocket. The cost is outrageous, and the thought of having to pay for a second cycle if this one doesn't work makes my head spin!!

AFM
I had lab work done today and I go in tomorrow morning for my mock transfer. I'm excited about it. I'm also anxiously awaiting the call to start my bcps. I just want to get started already! This waiting...not my thing! Hope you ladies had a great Monday! :babydustg: :babydustb:

August FET#1

GeorgiaRule
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Tue May 12, 2015 3:51 am

Georgia YaY for lab work,you are one step closer!!!Greece is wonderful but i prefer my country anytime!!!The cost here in Greece is about 5000-6000euros for one try I believe,for us is a huge amount and we have to pay everything ourselves!!!I started saving for TTC a while back and I almost had the whole amount but things happened and im left with only half but that is ok,DH doesn't know about that money:))so if iVF#1 fails that money will be used for FET!!I know everything will be alright for all of us!!God has a plan!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HungryCaterpillar » Tue May 12, 2015 5:06 am

Where is everyone from? It looks like we may be from different parts of the world!!

Giving myself the injections is one thing I am not looking forward to! But I've got to do what I've got to do, right??

Danaa - I cringe at the thought of the cost especially if it doesn't work with the first cycle. But FX that all of us do really well and all get BFPs first go!! :) The closest I got to Greece or Romania was either Cyprus or The Netherlands.

Georgia - Thanks for your support. It means a lot. I'm really trying to remain positive and it is really easy to get caught in the trap of expecting it's going to happen first try. I know that I'll be devastated if it doesn't happen first go but I keep thinking of the joy I will feel if it does happen. The RE seems to think there is a good chance, my age is on my side. I think one of the things I struggle with is that I have no control over it. I can do what I can (injections, taking folic acid, healthy eating, trying not to stress etc) but I can not control the overall result. And I guess the RE can't control it either. If it's meant to be, it will happen - at least, that's what I keep telling myself! :wink:
HungryCaterpillar
Friend

Postby Danaa » Tue May 12, 2015 5:18 am

Im romanian,my husband is arab from Siria but he lives in Greece we met in greece!!I just called my doc bcs i suspected a chemical last cycle but i wanted to be sure it wasn't the trigger shot and he said it couldn't be the trigger bcs the Ovidrele lasts for7days in ur body!!!So we decided to try onother round of injectables next cycle and to get tested for trombophilia!!!Yay I'm excited
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HungryCaterpillar » Tue May 12, 2015 7:29 am

I'm in Australia. A long way away from you! It sounds like it's getting very exciting for you! I'm enjoying getting on here every day and seeing what everyone is up to :)
HungryCaterpillar
Friend

Postby Reapage » Tue May 12, 2015 8:20 am

*Stalking* :lurk:

I am from the Dec/Jan and Feb/March boards, I just saw that there was a new board up, & wanted to take a peak. First off, congrats to everyone who has taken the step to pursue IVF and I really wish you ladies all the success in the world. I noticed you guys talking about injections/injection classes and wanted to share one of the best resources I have found this far- if you have a smartphone, you can look up the app "Freedom Fertility" and they have videos for the mixing and injecting of each medication. I went to the injection class offered by my clinic, but it had nothing on the Freedom videos, which I heavily relied on.

Okay, end lurk, good luck ladies!!!!
Me: 24, PCOS, on Metformin 2000 daily
Him: 33, low count, low motility, 0-1% morphology
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

IVF#1 Antagonist protocol
ET: one BA Expanded Blast, Froze one AB blast.
MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

IVF #3 Luteal Phase Lupron Protocol
ET 1 4AB blast & 1 4BB blast
1 BA blast made it to freeze
BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

FIRST U/S @6W2D SHOWS TWINS!!!!
Baby A :hb: 128