Story about egg-freezing

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Story about egg-freezing

Postby Nikki Gloudeman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello,

I'm the co-founder of a new website for women called The Establishment, slated to launch in October, and am working on a piece about egg-freezing. Specifically, I'm looking to explore the history of the medical process while sharing the experiences of three women--in three very different circumstances--who have made the decision to freeze their eggs.

I've already spoken with a cancer survivor who had her eggs freezed before undergoing chemo, and an artist who turned her egg donorship into an exhibit. I would love to round the story out with the narrative of a woman who's elected to freeze her eggs for career reasons, and who ideally is in a position where her company is financially supporting that choice.

If you're able to talk with me for the piece, or know anyone who might, please email me at nikkig@theestablishment.co. My goal is to shed much-needed light on egg-freezing, while empowering women to share their stories about the experience.

Thanks so much and please let me know if you have any questions!
Nikki Gloudeman
Nikki Gloudeman

Return to IVF