IVF 2.0 starting mid October - Fresh or Frozen

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IVF 2.0 starting mid October - Fresh or Frozen

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:29 am

Hi ladies,

The October/November thread was getting huge and I couldn’t keep up lol so, I thought I’d create another one so it feels a little more intimate. I really like getting to know everyone and actually feeling like we know each other stories. Anyone that couldn’t catch up in the other thread is welcome.

My 1st IVF cycle failed in mid Sept so, I will start IVF 2.0 in mid-October. I’m excited to get going again and also very happy that my RE changed my protocol. I started with the long Lupron protocol but since I have Low ovarian reserve my RE suggested we go with the antagonist protocol this time around with no suppression. Yay to skipping 3wks of BC and lupron and going straight into stims by mid October.
TTC 17 months
Me - 33 (low ovarian reserve)
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
MC - 06/09 :(
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
12/01 6.5wk ultrasound - saw heartbeat flickering & growing on point
12/11 2nd ultrasound 8wks 1day? Heartbeat 158
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: IVF 2.0 starting mid October - Fresh or Frozen

Postby savylyjones » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi there! I'm fairly new here. I'm currently stimming for my first IVF. I'm 29 years old with PCOS and stage 2 endometriosis. My husband is 26 years old and after having surgery in January for low motility/varicocele he seems to be good to go now.
I will go for my egg retrieval within the next 5-7 days, and then my transfer 5 days after that. Like I said before, this is my first IVF and I'd LOVE to be one of those "one and done" IVFers, but I know that's not very common. Good luck to you!!
savylyjones
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wram115 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello ladies! This is my first round with IVF. I have 2 failed IUI. I start Lupron on Monday and tentive retreaval on 28th. We are doing FET and not sure when we will do the transfer. I am 32 and DH is 35. DH has low counts and is taking Clomid to boost numbers. Anyway looking forward a good support group! Excited for all! Can't wait to share this journey.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MollieH » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Hey ladies! I too am starting an IVF cycle. I have had 3 failed IUIs and one cancelled b/c I overstimmed. I stimmed for IVF last month and had 24 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized and 9 made it to freeze! I'm expecting my period any day now and once that starts I'll begin a natural FET cycle. I'm SUPER excited and happy that my doctor gave me the go ahead to do a natural cycle, but I'm also extremely nervous. Here's to hoping we will all be lucky this cycle!!
Me:32, DH 34 married 4.5 years
TTC 3 years
September 2007: Diagnosed with IC
May 2014: Laparoscopy to remove a cyst.
Diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis
11/1/2014: IUI #1 50mg Clomid CD 5-9, 250 ml Ovidrel BFN
11/28/2014: IUI #2 Same as above
MollieH
Friend

Postby savylyjones » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:06 pm

My egg retrieval will be within the next 2-3 days. My transfer will be 5 days after that. Everything started out sooooo sloooow but once stims started it has been flying by!!
savylyjones
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 am

Hi ladies,

Welcome to the board, thanks for joining…

@savvy I hear you, that’s how I felt when I did my 1st IVF but unfortunately it didn’t work in my favor. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that it works for u on ur first try. It’s so exciting when ur on stims cause u feel like you’re moving towards soemthign and not just sitting idle.

@wram The journey is long but I’m sure ur super excited to start Lupron. A lot of people complain about getting headaches on it but I never experienced that, it just over suppressed me but I have low ovarian reserve so my situation is a lil bit different. I should be at the end tail of stimming around the 28th so, we’ll probably be on the same schedule.

@Mollie good luck, how exciting that you had a good amount of frosties. Here’s to some bfp’s this cycle.

AFM, I’m just waiting around for my period to start, I’m thinking around October 16th. I figure I wouldn’t let this cycle go to waste and I bought an ovulation kit which I haven’t done in about 9 months lol since I started the whole IUI process. Well I guess my 1st IVF delayed my ovulation cause I barely got a positive today on day 17 from the day my period started. Ive never ovulated so late in my life, it usually happen at day 12. Anyway, figured it wouldn’t hurt to try on our own, not like it ever worked in the past but we may get lucky. Otherwise, I’m ready for round 2 by mid October.
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nicoleT419 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:00 pm

hi faith, my first cycle ended up failing too, just found out friday. we were on the september board together. I have low ovarian reserve too which I only found out like a few days before my ER. I have no frozen embryos so I will be starting over as well. What is an antagonist protocol, what meds will you be using? I will be starting the end of october, beginning of november. I have to start estrace/ganirelix after I ovulate in about 2 weeks from now and then once I get my period after that I start injections this time higher dose. I feel like I was more excited first time around, now I kind of feel emotionally burnt out. But maybe by 2 weeks from now I will start to feel better about this whole thing and be excited and hopeful about starting fresh. So in the meanwhile you are going to try naturally? good luck, you never know! They told me not to do that so I will oblige, lol.

everyone else- good luck! looks like a lot of first cycles here and I wish you all the best!
Me: 33 DH: 36
TTC: since 2013
May 2015: HSG revealed left hydrosalphinx and right tube probably blocked, DH 2% morph- IVF only way to get preg
June 2015: left salpingectomy
low ovarian reserve
IVF #1 sept 2015- negative :(
IVF#2 dec 2015- 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 good embryos transfered at day 3
12/21- ???????
nicoleT419
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SA Mommytobe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:03 am

Hi ladies. I also posted on the other board but agree with Faith that it is just too big so if you still have place here I would love to join you. It is my first IVF and I should start my period on the 16th so I should around the same time as Faith.
I'm sorry for those who have been through a failed IVF. I am trying to go into this one without too much pressure on myself to have a success but I know that it will be difficult to not get excited. This entire process is full of hopes and disappointments but I absolutely believe we will all have our babies one day and it will all be worth it. Hopefully October will be a good month for us!
Good luck!
SA Mommytobe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby savylyjones » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

I agree SA Mommy-I have my egg retrieval tomorrow morning and I'm really excited but trying to tell myself that there is a good chance this won't work just yet.
savylyjones
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wram115 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:35 am

Glad to have you all here for support! This is such a long, stressful process.

I haven't had any side effects from the Lupron so far but the BCP are killing me! Looking forward to stopping them for sure.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SA Mommytobe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Good luck for tomorrow Savly. Holding thumbs for lots of perfect, mature eggs.
SA Mommytobe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nicoleT419 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:37 pm

@Savy good luck tomorrow! I am sure you will do great, did they tell you how many follicles you have in there?

@wram- The birth control by far for me were the worst part of all so I hear you on that! The injection side effects were not nearly as bad as the BC- but then again I didn't have a lot of follicles growing, some people who have a lot feel uncomfortable as their ovaries grow. But on the BC I was tired all the time, bloated, my boobs hurt like hell and my bras didn't fit! LOL

@SA, welcome, I think I will be about 2 weeks behind you and faith.

@mollie- that is a great number to work with! what is a natural FET cycle? no meds at all? that is cool
May 2015: HSG revealed left hydrosalphinx and right tube probably blocked, DH 2% morph- IVF only way to get preg
low ovarian reserve
IVF#2 dec 2015- 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 good embryos transfered at day 3
12/21- ???????
nicoleT419
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm excited to see more familiar names. Welcome to all the new posters.

@nicole I'm sorry to hear that you got such sucky news, it took me awhile to swallow the fact that my eggs were diminishing but honestly we have to keep hope that our quality is still good because of how young we still are. One thing to remeber is not to compare yourself to anyone else, our situation is very diff and our follicle amount is gonna be drastically lower than everyone else but it only takes one! The anatagonist protocol is when they don't surpress you with bc pills or lupron, women with DOR (decreased ovarian reserve) tend to get over surpressed so eleminating bc pills n lupron gives us a better chance at growing more follicles, atleast that's the idea. I'm taking a higher dose of follistim 300 units, 75 menapur and after like 5 days of stims I'll start ganerelix. One I get my period I'm going straight to stims, I'm super excited! Doc never said anthing about not ttc on our own this cycle so I'm gonna go for it lol
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:11 pm

@savvy I'm so excited for you, crossing my fingers n toes for you that everything goes well! Keep us posted
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nicoleT419 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:53 pm

faith, do you know what your AMH level was? mine was .9 something, so just under 1. I still don't know what my day 3 fsh was, I was told that the AMH shows the quantity of your eggs but the FSH shows the quality... so we just drew those labs yeaterday I am gonna call to find out how that came out.

Oh cool, so I think that is the same idea for what my protocol is this time around too. Last cycle I was on BCP for weeks prior to starting stims. but this time around we are not doing BCP, we are gonna go by my natural cycle and when I ovulate start estrace which is supposed to be tricking my brain into thinking there are follicles there and creating a good environment for developing follicles. Then ganirelex for 3 days, then when I get AF start stims and I will be on 450 gonal f and 150 menopur and then add gani again like day 4 or 5 of stims. I was googling this protocol and sources said it is for people with low ovarian reserve and it has good outcomes, so I hope so... I am starting to become more optimistic. You are right, hopefully our age will be on our side. Faith, I think this is our cycle fxfxfx :)
low ovarian reserve
12/21- ???????
nicoleT419
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IVF