Jan/Feb 2016 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Jan/Feb 2016 IVF

Postby waitingandwaiting » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 pm

BFN for me ladies. I am devastated.
waitingandwaiting
Friend

Postby wram115 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Waiting- I am so incredibly sorry. My heart broke when I read your post. :cry:
Big hugs for you!
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EvergreenGal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 am

Waiting, I'm so sorry that things didn't work out for you this time around. Hang in there. :(
EvergreenGal

Postby ThankyouGod » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:35 pm

waiting- i am sorry for receiving such bad news. Am praying that one day it will be different.

I hope it is not late to join you other ladies. This is my first IVF. I Started stims today. It was my first time doing injections on me. It went well, though i was nervous at first. Am on gonal F and manopur for now. If all goes well ER is on 02/20. My RE recommended PGS/FET. So my ET is on 03/20 or sometimes there about.

Hoping for success cycles to all of us.
Me: 39
DH: 36
July13 to Sep 14- NTNP
Oct 14-natural IUI- Bfn
Nov 14-femara IUI- Bfn
Dec 14- femara IUI- Bfn
March 15- HSG- Rt tube blocked
April- August15- natural cycle- Bfn
Sep 15 - Mymectomy
Jan 16- clomid, TI- bfn
Feb/March 16- ivf
ThankyouGod

Postby wram115 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Welcome Thank! Congratulations on starting your IVF journey. Let us know if you have any questions. DH and I froze all too. My RE won't do fresh. Took me two cycles before my body was normal again but got a BFP last Friday and we see the heartbeat Monday. All with the wait.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby waitingandwaiting » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Thanks Ladies, I have faith that one day it will happen for me. trying so hard to stop crying and get on with things. It's just such a huge disappointment all around. Welcome Thank! Wishing you all the best and Wram you already know how happy I am for you!
waitingandwaiting
Friend

Postby EvergreenGal » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:22 pm

I got a BFP at my beta today. 3400+ at 13dp5dt, so all looks good so far. I'll be going in for more bloodwork Monday and we have an ultrasound on Thursday.

I think I am in a bit of shock right now.
EvergreenGal

Postby wram115 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:39 pm

Evergreen- :congrats:
So happy for you!!!!! Totally worth the wait!!!
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wram115 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Waiting- I wish that you lived near by. I would take you out for your favorite drinks and talk s**t about all the people that just have sex and get pregnant. This is such an unfair thing and the terrible stuff we have to do to ourselves and ALL the disappointment. I just want to say I am truly sorry and I wish nothing but the best for you. I can't wait for you to get your BFP one day and this nightmare will turn into a true blessing.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EvergreenGal » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Waiting-- I hope you're hanging in there. I know how much unsuccessful cycles utterly suck. I always tried to tell myself that hopefully my doctors learned valuable things to help the next time. They always tweaked my protocol a little after each of my unsuccessful cycles, and it seemed to help in the end.

Thank-- I was on the FET plan too. My RE actually only does FETs because he says that they seem to have better results than fresh cycles. I hope that your injections are going well. :)

Mama-- Haven't seen you check in, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that your embryo will be healthy on the genetic test. We did PGS too-- I know how nerve-wracking the wait for results can be.

Wram-- How'd the ultrasound go? :)

As for me, the second beta today was 6729, so our embryo is marching along right on schedule. They have me scheduled for two ultrasounds-- one this Thursday, and one next Thursday. Those visits will be considered OB visits rather than infertility visits. That feels like a big hurdle to climb over.
EvergreenGal

Postby wram115 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Evergreen- everything went great! No heartbeat because we are only 5w3d but we saw the yoke and gestational sac. So he is moving along perfectly! Good luck Thursday can't wait to see how yours go!
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mamabear1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Hellooooo everyone! I have been sitting here in the background reading all your updates but completely unable to reply due to log in problems. But with the help of a super moderator on here - I am back!!

Waiting - I am so so sorry. It's just so unfair. Everything rides on this process and it's just heart wrenching when it doesn't work out. As it was mentioned earlier,I too wished we were closer - you and I could meet up over coffee and commiserate :hugs: Have you made any decisions as yet about where to from here?

Wram - Fantastic to hear that everything is going to well. How exciting to get to an ultrasound. Well done.

Evergreen - :happyforyou: Wonderful news!! Can I ask, how many cycles have you done?

AFM - well I learnt yesterday after a gruelling 2wks waiting for CGH results that my one and only little embryo was not normal. To say I am gutted is an understatement. It is very hard to swallow the fact that all 5 of my eggs were clearly rubbish. I know this was always a high possibility - so why doesn't logic take away the devastation? It also doesn't help that neither my clinic or my Dr have contacted me in the meantime to offer anything. I am a "feeling" person so perhaps I expect too much from people in that department, but I just think it's poor practise for a lab to call and deliver that sort of news and then just to leave someone with no further discussion.

Anyhow, I am feeling very sooky over it all. I know many of you will know the feeling I speak of. We've all had a hard journey, that's why we're here. I don't discuss anything baby or ivf with dh and I haven't told anyone else. So I just needed to outpour a bit here, sorry ladies :roll: . I have an appointment with my Dr tomorrow to discuss where to from here. I just want to be told there will be a different outcome if I try again - but there is no way they can make such statements. I am a complete non-gambler but this feels like a game of roulette where I'm putting all my money on one number. :cry:
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EvergreenGal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 am

Mama-- I'm so sorry to hear that your embryo didn't end up normal. It is heart-breaking. :/

We went through two egg retrievals where we didn't get any normal embryos. The first time, we didn't get very many eggs, but had a good rate of fertilization, and had five blastocysts PGS tested at day 5. My doctor had strongly encouraged us to PGS test and do a single embryo transfer rather than risking multiples, so we did the test-- we honestly were completely unprepared for the results that came back. All five embryos had severe chromosomal abnormalities that would have made them not viable. The next cycle, none of the embryos made it to day 5 to test-- they all arrested pretty early, likely due to chromosomal problems again.

Our most recent cycle, they made some big changes to my protocol including some kind of crazy-sounding things that they hoped would improve the egg quality. We got a bunch of eggs compared with the other two attempts, and we had six blastocysts make it to day 5. They were PGS tested and we wound up with two normal ones, so this is the first time we made it far enough to do a transfer.

I know how awful it is to go through all the injections and expense and anticipation, and then to have it end before you even get to a transfer. It felt like we were casting a net hoping to catch a fish but without any proof that there were fish there to catch. My doctor was optimistic that if we tried again, we'd eventually have luck, but it was hard. I honestly don't know if we would have tried another retrieval if that third one had failed to make a normal embryo.
EvergreenGal

Postby mamabear1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Thank you for your reply Evergreen. It is weirdly comforting to know that I'm not alone. It is quite heartbreaking to not even make it to transfer and have nothing left.

Do you know what the crazy sounding things are that you were given for your successful cycle? It clearly made a significant difference to your results. I really need to see a similar change for myself. When it looked like I only had a few follies at my scans I asked my Dr about changing/increasing meds and he said "no" and that we couldn't now we had started which I know is utter rubbish - but what do you do? So next time I definitely need to be increasing the number of eggs and improving the quality if I to be in with any sort of chance.

Since my last post, I contacted my clinic to ask a few questions. From that conversation I have decided to change my Dr, but to stick with the same clinic. I haven't been happy with my Dr along the way and the thought of sticking with him and getting the same outcome strikes fear into me. I just pray I don't have to wait long to get into this new Dr :?
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mamabear1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:31 pm

10weeks - that's how long until I can get an appointment with my new Dr :omg: (Scream really loud) ....breathe Mama breathe........

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF