Jan/Feb 2016 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Jan/Feb 2016 IVF

Postby waitingandwaiting » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Hello my sweet ladies. Thank you so freaking much for all the words . I took a break from reading because I was incredibly heartbroken. I have low AMH so I guess I should be prepared for news like this but this was our first egg retrieval/transfer so I was just so hopeful. we're going to wait a month or two before hopping back on the IVF train for emotional and financial reasons. insurance doesn't cover a single cost so I have to be smart about it too. Anyway, enough about me ! Congrats EVERGREEN! I'm so happy for you! Wishing you the best of luck every step of the way.

Wram! I could use a drink and b**ch session anytime :( sad you're not close by.

Mamabear I'm so sorry to hear about the embryo :( I was so sure in my head it was going to be the one since it stuck around so long. *hugs* *hugs* and even more hugs for the long @ss wait you have to do now for your doctor! This is all going to end well, it just has to!
waitingandwaiting
Friend

Postby EvergreenGal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Mama-- here's a quick overview of what they did the time that things worked for me. They began medicating me on September 8 for a November 8 retrieval. Going into September, I was already on a prenatal vitamin and extra folic acid, vitamin b6 and b12, metformin, COQ10 and baby aspirin. They had me add in Lovaza as well midway through September-- that was a change from prior cycles.

Beginning on September 8, I was on Nuvaring. They had me change out the ring every two weeks rather than every three-- that was another change.

In October, they started me on two other medications which were the ones that seemed bizarre to me. The first, which I began around October 10, was Androderm-- a daily testosterone patch. I hated that thing-- it made me feel weird and gave me rashes. I was on it for three weeks, then I started HGH injections-- yes, those same injections that Major League Baseball players use as performance enhancing drugs.

From there, I went on to my by then normal combination of drugs leading up to the retrieval (azithromycin, dexamethasone, Follistim and Menopur, Ganirelex and then the trigger.

The testosterone in particular seemed weird to me, but it worked in the end so I'm sure not complaining!
EvergreenGal

Postby mamabear1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Waiting - it would be great if we ended up stimming around the same time in a couple of months. It is such a longgg wait, but trying to look on the bright side of it, we'll both be able to save a bit more cash again. And for me at least, maybe I won't be wasting money in the meantime with a Dr that isn't going to get me anywhere.

Evergreen - thank you for the details. I will mention these to my new Dr and see what she says. It certainly is a cocktail but hey...look at you now!!!!! I need to get me one of those "Baby Margaritas"! :rofl:
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wram115 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Mama- I am so sorry! I hope that your wait for the new Dr goes by quickly. You are cracking me up with the "baby margaritas" hopefully Evergreen's plan helps you.

All of you ladies are true inspirations! You will be amazing mothers andi appreciate you sharing your stories.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EvergreenGal » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 am

Mama-- I imagine that it would depend on your specific diagnosis whether any of those meds would be appropriate or not, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
EvergreenGal

Postby ThankyouGod » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi girls,

Thanks for the welcome. I got so busy with work that coming here was not possible. I sometimes work 7 days on and 7 days off.

I am so sorry for that things did not work out. I am hoping and praying that next time everything works out for the better.

Those that are celebrating your bfp, am happy for you. Thanks for staying here to offer your support.

Afm, though i was working so hard the last couple of days i still was going on with Stimming. I did my trigger shot today and retrieval will be on Tuesday. Will keep you updated.
Me: 39
DH: 36
July13 to Sep 14- NTNP
Oct 14-natural IUI- Bfn
Nov 14-femara IUI- Bfn
Dec 14- femara IUI- Bfn
March 15- HSG- Rt tube blocked
April- August15- natural cycle- Bfn
Sep 15 - Mymectomy
Jan 16- clomid, TI- bfn
Feb/March 16- ivf
ThankyouGod

Postby EvergreenGal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Thank-- Good luck at your retrieval! :) Here's hoping they get some nice, healthy eggs.
EvergreenGal

Postby mamabear1 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Thankyou - all the best for your collection. Such an exciting time I reckon :)
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ThankyouGod » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Thank you ladies. I will update tomorrow evening.
July13 to Sep 14- NTNP
Oct 14-natural IUI- Bfn
Nov 14-femara IUI- Bfn
Dec 14- femara IUI- Bfn
Sep 15 - Mymectomy
Jan 16- clomid, TI- bfn
Feb/March 16- ivf
ThankyouGod

Postby ThankyouGod » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Retrieval went well. Everyone was so nice. We retrieved 16 eggs. I will be waiting for the call tomorrow on how many fertilized.I am still loopy from the anesthesia. Am also blotted and having some minor cramps.
July13 to Sep 14- NTNP
Oct 14-natural IUI- Bfn
Nov 14-femara IUI- Bfn
Dec 14- femara IUI- Bfn
Sep 15 - Mymectomy
Jan 16- clomid, TI- bfn
Feb/March 16- ivf
ThankyouGod

Postby EvergreenGal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Thank-- Glad to hear that your retrieval went well! That is a lot of eggs! :) I hope that all continues to go well over the next several days.

AFM, I had my second ultrasound today. We could see the baby, and we heard her heartbeat. :) I also learned something crazy from the nurse practitioner I saw today-- the clinic had 30 women cycle at around the same time I did, and in that group, *29* of us are now pregnant. Must be something in the water over here! I now feel like I should hurry up to choose a regular OB and hospital before they get booked up!
EvergreenGal

Postby ThankyouGod » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Evergreen, glad the US went well. Yes, you better get an Ob quick lol. That clinic must have higher success rate.
July13 to Sep 14- NTNP
Oct 14-natural IUI- Bfn
Nov 14-femara IUI- Bfn
Dec 14- femara IUI- Bfn
Sep 15 - Mymectomy
Jan 16- clomid, TI- bfn
Feb/March 16- ivf
ThankyouGod

Postby wram115 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Thank you- congratulations on all your eggs! Any word on how many are embryos? Very exciting! Are you doing fresh or frozen?

Evergreen- that is so awesome!

AFM- we see the OB for the first visit and fingers crossed we see the heartbeat tomorrow.
wram115
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Eavesjd » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:33 am

Good morning! We started IVF last October after our RE discovered I have low AMH (.109) We did two ER the first in November two were retrieved, one fertilized and frozen at day 3. Our second ET was in December, one retrieved, fertilized and frozen on day 3. ET was done on 2/19, transferred both embies. I did a HPT this morning FRER and EPT and both were BFN. My Beta is 3/5 but I already feel so discouraged. I don't know if we will be able to do IVF again so quickly either if this doesn't work.
Eavesjd
Friend

Postby EvergreenGal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:01 am

Hi Eaves-- nice to meet you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you-- I know the HPTs can be disappointing, but 11dp3dt is still early enough that you might see something later-- I know quite a few women who didn't see a positive HPT until several days past when their period was due. Hoping for the best for you!
EvergreenGal

PreviousNext

Return to IVF