December 2015 ivf cycle buddies?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

December 2015 ivf cycle buddies?

Postby Kbabygirls » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm on cycle day 7. Anybody in the midst of an ivf cycle. Would love to have some cycle buddies. Maybe you could share some of the following information...
Where do you live?
What clinic?
Cycle day 1 date:
Protocol :
Meds:
Cycle appointment updates up through ER:
Egg retrieval date:
Fresh or FET?
Transfer Date:
Egg and embryo count:
#embryos transferred:
Supplements:
Diet:
Exercise:
Acupuncture?
Meditation?
BFN or BFP?
Singleton, Twins, etc:
Kbabygirls
Friend

Re: December 2015 ivf cycle buddies?

Postby Kbabygirls » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Why ivf? Have 3 boys with exercise husband would love girl with forever husband.
Where do you live? Maui, Hawaii
What clinic? Fertility Institute of Hawaii
Cycle day 1 date:11/30
Protocol :Antagonist
Meds:menopur, gonal-f, cetrotide
Cycle appointment updates up through ER:1st scan...moved egg retrieval date up by one day...10 growing follicles sizes 14 to 10.
Egg retrieval date: 12/10
Egg and embryo count: 11 eggs retrieved, but only 4 mature and none fertilized. The clinic was able to mature 2 and one fertilized. Praying for this one to survive.
Updated of the one the doctor said fertilized I ended up with 2 that made it to blastocyst stage. Both were tested and frozen. What??? 2 frozen embies!!
Last edited by Kbabygirls on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Kbabygirls » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Ex-husband not exercise husband.
Oh yeah. .
Diet 21-day fix
Exercise : swimming, ballroom dance, boxing (easy version right now)
Meditation : saves me
Acupuncture :love it
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 am

I was wondering what exercise husband meant. Haha! But ironically kind of makes since... The one that didn't "work out." ;)
Why ivf? TTC for 3 yrs. me- endo dh- mfi, 1 child with "exercise" husband and want more with forever too!
Where do you live?
What clinic?
Cycle day 1 date: FET... Transfer tomorrow!
Protocol:
Meds: folistim 150, menopur 75, ganarelix
Egg retrieval date: 11/3
Fresh or FET? FET bc of elevated progesterone level
Transfer Date: 12/8
Egg and embryo count: 18 mature, 7 frozen blasts
#embryos transferred: 1
Supplements: prenatal
Diet: none
Exercise: does housework and yard work count ;)
Acupuncture? Not this time but have in the past
Meditation? Prayer!
BFN or BFP? ?
Singleton, Twins, etc: ?
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbabygirls » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks for sharing your cycle information. Yes exercise husband does make sense. Oh you have lots of embies. I'm so very excited for your transfer tomorrow. Your transfer was quick. My doc says 6 to 8 weeks for FET. Please update when you can. It's not really a two week wait...more like 10 days right?
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby IslandChica » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:54 am

Thanks for starting this thread!!! I'm in the middle of my 2WW after undergoing my first IVF cycle, and the suspense is killing me!!! We have an appointment at clinic on 5th December for the HCG blood test to find out if the transfer was successful.

Why ivf? We have been TTC for 5 years, were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. After 3 failed IUIs, we're now on our first IVF cycle
Where do you live? Manila, Philippines
What clinic? Kato Clinic
Cycle day 1 date: 15 November 2015
Protocol : Mini-IVF, we had our egg retrieval at end of September, and embryoes were then frozen. Under the clinic's protocol, you have to wait at least 1 month for the next cycle for transfer, so that your body is clear of all of drugs taken during the retrieval phase.
Meds: Utrogestan, Progynova, Duphaston
Egg retrieval date: 28 September 2015
Fresh or FET? FET
Transfer Date: 5 December 2015
Egg and embryo count: 8 5-day blastocysts
#embryos transferred: 1
Supplements: pre-natal vitams
Diet: mostly Vegan
Exercise: yoga
Acupuncture? no
Meditation? as part of yoga practice
BFN or BFP? Still waiting to find out!!!!
Singleton, Twins, etc: Don't know yet. We opted to just transfer a single embryo to reduce the risk of multiples, but now I'm really wondering whether we should have transferred two.
IslandChica

Postby Kbabygirls » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 am

Glad you joined the thread island chica. It looks like mini ivf worked well for you. 8 5 day blastocysts is wonderful. You have plenty of chances so don't fret. I had my last check up yesterday 12/8 (cycle day 9) before egg retrieval tomorrow 12/10. I have 14 growing follicles whicheck i think is good for me being 40. I tried to ask my docter one question about when do they determine a 3 day transfer I mean when you don't have many embryos. He's response was that it's to early to say anything cuz we don't know if you'll even have one embryo. Totally bummed me out. I figure he doesn't have faith and is a self reliant egomaniac. I have faith that God will make happen if it is in line with His will. Although I kinda think my doctor is an @ss.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby IslandChica » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 am

Wishing you all of the best for your egg retrieval Kbabygirls! Don't be discouraged by your doctor, 14 follicles sounds really promising.
IslandChica

Postby Kbabygirls » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Egg Retrieval Update...It was super easy and painless for me...not so much for my husband. Since he had a vasectomy they go into the testes and graft tissue where the sperm is made. Sometimes with vasectomy's 20 years old end up with little to no sperm so when the doctor went into the left testicle there was one lone sperm. He said this does sometimes happen and asked my husband if he could go in the other testicle. ..I guess a lot of men say no way, but hubby knows how much I want this so said okay. Seriously they slice him open and yank out the ball sack then cut sheets of skin off where the sperm is made. He was in so much pain
We are still at the clinic cuz he can't move yet. His pain is down from a 10 to 7. Anyway we got 11 eggs and plenty of sperm from the right testicle. So lucky he loves me this much
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby IslandChica » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:41 pm

OMG, I couldn't wait until beta on Saturday and had to test. I got a ver very faint bfp yesterday, so faint, that I thought it must be an evaporation mark. This morning I got a faint bfp! After so many failed attempts over the years, I can't quite belive it. Trying not to get hopes up too much until confirmed by beta tomorrow!!!

Kbabygirls, so happy to hear that the egg retieval went well for you! Sounds like a really horrible experience for your husband, but great that there was sperm. Wishing you luck for the rest of the process!
IslandChica

Postby Kbabygirls » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Awesome news IslandChica. Congratulations. I don't have good news. So of the 11 not many were mature and none that were mature got fertilized. They tried to mature the others and 2 got mature and they put them with the sperm and are waiting to see if they fertilize. He said eggs and sperm weren't that good. So im a bit bummed out.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Kbabygirls » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:04 pm

Well one of the 2 the clinic matured in their lab fertilized. So praying it will survive.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 am

@kbaby I'm so sorry to hear about not many of the eggs being mature. Praying that this is the one... Your baby girl. :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbabygirls » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks for your prayers Tess.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Kbabygirls » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:06 pm

If anything is inspiration for you maybe this will be. So you know how the doctor told me only one of 11 eggs fertilized. I've been praying all week for God to give the miracle of life to our one on only chance for this child that is genetically ours. I was praying the clinic did not call each day. Doctor said he would call Thursday. I wondered about that cuz Wednesday was 5 days after the 2 eggs they matured in the lab got fertilized. Anyway they did call today, Wednesday, with good news...I thought my little zygote made it and is now an embryo...that was true but it was 2 not 1. I have 2 frozen embryos!!!!! Anything is possible with God!
Kbabygirls
Friend

Next

Return to IVF