December 2015 ivf cycle buddies?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: December 2015 ivf cycle buddies?

Postby Tesskcmo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:14 am

Wow! That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! I know sometimes I doubted whether or not to do ivf bc I didn't want to "play" God. But after doing it I realized it stil requires God to breathe life into the embryos to fertilize and grow. So happy for you! :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbabygirls » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 am

IslandChica wrote:OMG, I couldn't wait until beta on Saturday and had to test. I got a ver very faint bfp yesterday, so faint, that I thought it must be an evaporation mark. This morning I got a faint bfp! After so many failed attempts over the years, I can't quite belive it. Trying not to get hopes up too much until confirmed by beta tomorrow!!!

Kbabygirls, so happy to hear that the egg retieval went well for you! Sounds like a really horrible experience for your husband, but great that there was sperm. Wishing you luck for the rest of the process!

Hilary Island Chica. I was wondering if you have an update?
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Kbabygirls » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 am

Tesskcmo wrote:Wow! That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! I know sometimes I doubted whether or not to do ivf bc I didn't want to "play" God. But after doing it I realized it stil requires God to breathe life into the embryos to fertilize and grow. So happy for you! :)

I'm thinking the whole giving life is God's job and if we take Him out of the equation then it fails. Regardless of us doing everything right or wrong or the clinic doing everything right or wrong.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:57 am

I got a bfp yesterday as well! It showed up right away! I tested today and still bfp... Can't say it's any darker but it showed up right away like last time. Don't have beta till Monday... Trying to be patient...
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jenny86patch » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:26 am

This is my first time posting, and have just completed my first IVF cycle. I had a fresh transfer on Monday 14th of December and am currently 12DPO. I tested yesterday and got a BFN, :(
but what totally sucked and made me bawl my eyes out tonight was a phone call from my brother (who doesn't want kids) that they're pregnant with their first, 11weeks! I tried so hard to keep it together on the phone (but failed). So happy for them (his wife wanted kids) but so pained right now. They said they got a video of telling mum and dad (its just us two kids) and mum cried. They said I should watch it next time I'm over. I have been googling fun ways to tell your parents and family for 2years! I really thought that would be me catching those reactions. I know its totally selfish of me, and I'm honestly super happy for them, but far out my soul just aches so hard right now. I really just needed to vent. Hubby totally doesn't get it, he's like just be happy for them. I am happy for them! I'm just extra sorry for me! ok rant over, feel better now. Who else is in this tedious TWW?
jenny86patch

Postby Tesskcmo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:43 pm

@jenny are you going to have a beta? My clinic encouraged me not to test and said she's seen more false negatives than false positives. I do understand your pain tho. My ex announced that him and his wife were expecting (although they ended up miscarrying later) and I was gutted. It's so hard bc ppl don't know or understand the heartache, pain, and feeling of great loss with trying and hoping and being so disappointed. Holding out hope for you!
I go for my beta tomorrow. I'm nervous bc although I did get a bfp... I'm nervous somehow it's not really true. But this verse has come to mind a lot lately and it's helped me to quit worrying so much.
"Who by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Matthew 6:27
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbabygirls » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 pm

@tess...congratulations. hope that your beta was positive.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks! My beta today was 1584! My progesterone was 7.9 tho... They are putting me on IM progesterone as well as the suppositories. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mlockwoo79 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Ladies, so happy to have found this forum. We are in the 2ww following our first IVF cycle this month. I am 36, we have one DD conceived naturally 4 years ago. Been trying for #2 for almost 2.5 years. Anyway, I have hypothyroid and very low AMH (0.23) and we did an extremely aggressive agonist/antagonist cycle. It's been a roller coaster these past three weeks for sure. Even with all the stims, we only had one mature follicle on ER day. DH and I "went for it" and it was mature and it fertilized, but it was "late" and they didn't see the 2nd polar body? We were so worried. Let it grow out to day 3 and it was a grade 1 w/ 10 cells! So we transferred on 12/17. And now we wait. Of course I have been testing and am very excited to report positive home hcg tests over the past few days but I am so nervous. The RE basically told us to cancel every day of the cycle be of how poor I stimmed and how it didn't fertilize "normally". First beta tomorrow and then with luck an u/s in two weeks with some good news. I won't feel better until a 20 week anatomy scan I think! I hate being so paranoid.
Me: 36. DH: 38
TTC #2 since Sept 2013
Low AMH, hypothyroid, (?) pcos/insulin resistance

DD #1: born 2/7/12 natural cycle following 4 yrs TTC and 1 cycle femara

This time: 6 failed clomid cycles. Went straight to IVF due to age and DOR.
IVF #1: December 2015. Agonist/antagonist. 1 mature follie after 12 days of stim. Went for it - transferred 3 day embryo on 12/17/15. Fx, first beta 12/28!
Mlockwoo79
Friend

Postby Kbabygirls » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Welcome Mlockwoo. Well try to take one day at a time and focus on a positive outcome. When do you have your beta? For now just be happy your testing positive after a very courageous decision you made.

Tesskcmo you are celebrating right?

I had 11 eggs and only ended up with one normal male a 5 day frozen blastocyst. I have 3 boys and wanted a girl but i think im meant to have boys and im super grateful at the chance to have another little boy. I still don't have my schedule but I'm thinking I'll be on BCP for 3 weeks so probably won't end up transferring until end of January. It's good to take a breather especially with the hectic holidays. I need to regroup.
Kbabygirls
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:47 am

@Kbaby I have moments of celebrating and moments of fear and worry. I try to be thankful for this life inside however long it lasts but we had a mc pretty much this exact same time as last year so it feels a bit like déjà vu. Really praying we see a strong heartbeat on Tuesday. I'm 6 wks today though and that is worth celebrating. :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mlockwoo79 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Beta #1 was 127 on 11dp3dt and 225 on 13dp3dt. So we are pregnant with our little miracle embie. I have an u/s on 1/11 at exactly 6 weeks. Hoping to see a nice sac! I was paranoid the first time with DD and even more so now. But right now we are very very grateful and happy. :)
Me: 36. DH: 38
TTC #2 since Sept 2013
Low AMH, hypothyroid, (?) pcos/insulin resistance

DD #1: born 2/7/12 natural cycle following 4 yrs TTC and 1 cycle femara

This time: 6 failed clomid cycles. Went straight to IVF due to age and DOR.
IVF #1: December 2015. Agonist/antagonist. 1 mature follie after 12 days of stim. Went for it - transferred 3 day embryo on 12/17/15. Fx, first beta 12/28!
Mlockwoo79
Friend

Postby Ohio44 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello everyone. I am so happy to see a current IVF forum.

I turned 28 today. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. I practice in medicine and quickly knee we had a problem about 6 months ago when we had no luck. I was diagnosed with dysfunctional ovulation and I pursued the standard Clomid and Femara cycles without success. Semen analysis revealed my hubby has poor morphology.

We are currently in the process of starting the IVF protocol. I started birth control about 2 weeks ago. I start stimulation injections on Jan. 11th. We just received the BOX of all the medications from Freedom Fertility. That was semi-overwhelming.

I am just hoping to chat though this with people who are going through similar situations.
Ohio44
Friend

Postby Ohio44 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:46 pm

If anyone is willing, can you talk about your experience with the injections, retrieval, and transfer?
Ohio44
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Sure! Of course everyone's experience is different but I can say in a lot of ways it was a lot easier than I expected. The stims didn't bother me as much as I thought they would... Mostly constipation, bloating and sore breasts. The retrieval wasn't as bad as I thought either. A little sore and mostly just felt a little out of it from the anesthesia. I had to wait to do a FET bc my progesterone was a little high. But I've heard from several sources that some clinics are preferring to do FET bc of better success rate. Oh... Also I was on 150 of follistim and 75 menopur and then ganarelix around day 5 or 7 after stimming. We retrieved 19 eggs, 18 mature, 14 fertilized and we ended up with 7 frozen blasts.

We had a transfer 12/08 and am currently 6 wk 1day.

I really wish I had done it sooner (Ttc for 3 years). I'm 32 and dh is 40. He had severe mfi and I have endometriosis.

Hope that helps! And good luck!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF