* First appt was last week, starting IVF in 3 weeks??*

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

* First appt was last week, starting IVF in 3 weeks??*

Postby Tnblue13 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:00 pm

So met with IVF doc last week for consult and THINGS ARE MOVING FAST!!!. Im 39 y/o nulliparous(no prev preg)-hubby is 35(one child prev relationship). Period came 4 days early, so had to have my blood test and follicle ultrasound today. Have an HSG to make sure my tubes and uterus look okay next week. So far the results are as follows for Day 3 testing:

LABS
Prolactin: 6.8
TSH: 2.79
Estradiol : 56
LH : 3.9
FSH: 6.1
AMH: still pending

U/S
Endometrial lining : 3.4
Left ovary : 8 follicles
Right ovary : 5 follicles

Do these results look normal? The MD just said "everything looks good". I need more information, lol!!

Everything seems to be moving so quickly. I asked the dr if the rest of the tests come back in the "everything looks good" range when would we be proceeding and he replied " on your next cycle"....Thats January 29th!!
Has anyone else's experience been this quick? I read somewhere that there is a "short version" of IVF. No BP pills, etc. I just feel like I have very little time to educate myself on all things IVF!

*Also Id like to add, hubbys sperm are off the charts okay and we have been trying naturally since April 2015. We went straight to IVF due to my advanced maternal age and per the recommendation of my OB.*
Tnblue13

Re: * First appt was last week, starting IVF in 3 weeks??*

Postby Sunshinetex » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi there. Yes, it does move quickly and your numbers look normal. It moves quick, but then it will seem like all you do is wait. Most important is what your dr's protocol is. Once he tells you what it is, you can google it. Also, don't be too upset if the first cycle does not work. Some couples are lucky and the first time works. Others, it's a matter of determining the best course based on the first cycle. Good luck!!!
Me - 41
BF - 39
TTC #1 - Sept 2012

Hsg October 2014 - blocked tube. Straight to ivf
Ivf #1 - feb 2015 - bfn
Ivf #2 -may 2015 -
5/7 - 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized
5/12 - et. 5 day transfer - 1 blastocyst and 2 morulas - bfn
7/2 - surgery to remove/repair tubes - tubes cauterized
Ivf #3 - sept 2015
9/10 - 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized
9/15 - et 5 day transfer 3 blastocysts....
9/24 beta 152 9dp5dt
9/28 2nd beta 248 13 dp5dt
9/30 beta #3 468 15dp5dt
10/3 beta #4 1672 18dp5dt
10/9 u/s 1 baby
10/19 u/s 1 baby with heartbeat of 140. Due June 3, 2016.
Sunshinetex
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hero7 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:12 am

Yes, things moved quickly for us as well.

You can google normal lab result ranges for the different tests you had done, but if your Doc says they look good, then I'm sure they are! Your follicle count looks good too for your age. I'm 38, my AMH is 1.3 and I have about 6 follies on each side. At my 1st baseline scan (1st day of cycle) they only saw 6, so don't be surprised if the number changes. I'm back up to 12 after stimming for a few days.

You may want to ask about getting on Birth Control Pills if you aren't already...my RE had me take them starting with my last period -- It was a few days after I started - and I took them right up until a few days before starting injections. This is to regulate the hormones, control the cycle and keep the follicles 'in check' so to speak...she explained that in a natural cycle, one follicle always takes the lead and gets bigger. With BCP they can try to keep more follicles around the same size so you have more to retrieve.

Anyways, keep a list of your questions in your purse or where ever is handy so when you see the doctor you don't forget! I also scheduled a follow up appointment after our initial consult and labs were done - I got 45 min with the doctor to just talk through everything and get my questions answered. That might be a good idea for you!

Our clinic does a Nurse Class - where DH & I met privately with a nurse to walk thru the entire cycle, meds, how to do shots, when, etc. We got a detailed handout with dates. They also send daily instructions through an online portal each time I see the doctor so I can just print it and have it there when I'm doing my shots...a check list of sorts.

The biggest time spent for me was calling around to the different specialty pharmacies to get the best pricing on the medications. I don't have insurance coverage for IVF so this was a big help in saving us $$$. It's amazing how different the costs can be at different places...so if this is your situation,I recommend taking a few hours to make the calls. Your clinic should be able to give you a list of pharmacies. If not I can :-)

OK that is probably way more information than you wanted - but I tend to do that! Let me know if you have questions & good luck!!!!
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Tnblue13 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:38 am

Thank you so much for your replies!!
Got the results back on my AMH= 2.28, I cannot believe it....im 39!!!! It was way better than I had hoped for!!! Cant wait to fill you all in on the journey. Im going to call my doctor bc he still hasn't prescribed any BCP's yet??
Tnblue13

Postby hero7 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:05 pm

That's awesome! Good luck to you!

Good idea to just check on the BCP...doesn't hurt to ask.
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to IVF