Im here for anyone who needs me

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Im here for anyone who needs me

Postby Wishing4A star » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Ladies, I decided to come back on this website and be there to support my ivf team and be here for anyone who may have concerns or just want to talk about ivf in general beings tho I been through it myself . I recently conceived by way of ivf and everything went well. I gave birth to a beautiful healthy girl.
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
September- 26th beta confirmed :bfp:
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Im here for anyone who needs me

Postby mamabear1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:39 am

Aren't you a sweetheart! Thank you very much for the offer and congratulations on your baby. I have recently started IVF and have no supports so i just may be back for advice or a shoulder to lean on ...lol.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Wishing4A star » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 am

Hi mamabear, where are you @ in the ivf cycle? This journey is so beautiful i cant wait to start mines all over again;)
Image[/url]
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval
Ivf # 2
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby seahawks14 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 am

hi, i am new to this website. I am about to start my ivf cycle this march and i am so overwhelmed right now. i would appreciate any advice that anyone can give me who had experienced ivf. my biggest concern is about activity restrictions. I am a nurse and work nighta for 12 hrs, 3 X wk. i am thinking of taking off during th stimulation process upto 1 wk after egg transfer. Bec i am afraid that with the kind of work that id do qhich is very physically exhausting i would better be off work. what did you guys do?
seahawks14
Friend

Postby EvergreenGal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:48 am

I was the owner of a small business that I poured a lot of time into-- upwards of 12-15 hours most days, seven days a week. Much of it was behind the wheel of a vehicle or doing pretty tiring physical stuff, and it sometimes involved exposure to biological hazards and airborne particles. I decided to suspend my business activities while going through my fertility treatments-- it was too tiring, some of the stuff that I had to be around was not stuff I wanted in my body if I managed to conceive a child, and on top of it all, my body was telling me that I needed to rest (I'd start drifting off to sleep behind the wheel-- not good!) I think that if you and your partner can swing time off, it can't hurt.
EvergreenGal

Postby seahawks14 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 am

thanks for the info! but did you stop working right away durinf stims? or just during the egg retrieaval to tansfer? how long did you stop working?
seahawks14
Friend

Postby EvergreenGal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:53 am

I've had the business on pause for a while now-- longer than I originally planned. I had a surgery related to my fertility treatments, then complications related to the surgery, then three stim cycles almost back-to-back (we didn't have any luck with the first two, and when we finally managed to make two embryos with the third, the doctor wanted to wait to give a chance for my body to get back to normal before the transfer) and now we're finally approaching the FET. After all of that, I've been home for almost a year now, but primarily because it would have been really awkward trying to schedule clients for one week here, one week there between cycles. I know most people can't swing that long away from work. The retrieval cycles were honestly a lot more trying physically than this FET cycle has been, at least up until this point (we transfer tomorrow). I kind of feel as though were I in another industry, I might have been able to deal with just taking off the end of the stim cycles (I honestly felt like crap at the end of those cycles-- lots of cramping and pain, but that may have just been due to a tumor I have in one ovary and my endo), and then taking off the end of the FET cycle and a little while after it, mostly to reduce stress levels and to be able to avoid lifting heavy things. Even with the progesterone injections, this cycle has been a lot more comfortable.
EvergreenGal

Postby Wishing4A star » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:56 am

@ seahawk i also worked in the nursing field dealing with patients. If i can remember correctly after transfer i took the next day off to rest and it ran until the wknd so it worked out. After i returned i took it really easy didnt lift or push no patients that was heavy. I kept it a secret nobody on my job knew i had yo go through with ivf. I just told my partner to help me out b cuz i had light restriction but didnt want to tell management and she was nice enough to do that. Either way once you go in for your transfer they will give u restriction b4 you leave the clinic. 1 requirement was that you couldn't lift nomore than 35pound.
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby seahawks14 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:43 am

@evergreengal first of all Goodluck on your FET! i also had lap suregry last aug. i had left ovarian cyst, left fallopian tube, and multiple polyps in my uterus removed too. i also have endo. i guess i am just gonna be on light duty during stims and completely off during egg retrieval uptoo 1 wk after transfer
seahawks14
Friend

Postby seahawks14 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 am

@wishing4astar. did you take off during stims? coz at firtst i was told activity restrictions no lifting moretahn 20 lbs from day pf first stimes upto 1 wk after transfer. but i am scared that with the type of work i do, which is alwaya walking for 12 hrs that i may compromise my chances..
seahawks14
Friend

Postby Wishing4A star » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Yes i took off and honestly i think you should too. You'll never know what you may run into. Did you purchace you meds?
Image[/url]
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval
Ivf # 2
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamabear1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi again.

Wishing4Astar - At the moment i am at day 5 post egg collection.
I got the call today that of my 3 embryos, one stopped at 10 cells, another is a morula (so 1 day behind), and the other is an early blastocyst (so not yet a day 5 blastocyst). The lab said they had me booked in for an 11am transfer today if i wanted it. I had always planned on cgh testing given our ages and all my concerns with that so it's very scary thinking we may not get to that point. I underestimated all really tough decisions that crop up in this process.

So i'm not having a transfer today. I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings but i am not feeling hopeful. It appears to be that my two remaining embies are slowing down which would indicate to me something is not right. It's so hard anticipating that this was possibly all for naught. Sorry...just not seeing the light this afternoon.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Wishing4A star » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi mamabear,
I apologize for such late response with that being said I'm hoping to hear better news from you far as your embryos. What is your status now?
Image[/url]
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval
Ivf # 2
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamabear1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:02 am

No worries, thanks for replying.

Well i'm in a tww of sorts waiting on cgh results. As my siggy outlines, my early blast fizzled but my 1 day behind morula charged ahead to become a blast which was good enough to be frozen and tested. I have everything crossed that this 1 little one tests normal as it's all i have. My concern is that it was 1 day behind on day 5 so maybe this was a sign something isn't right inside. I know my odds aren't great for a normal embryo but i just pray that because i lost my other ones that it leaves me with this one being a good one. I just want one.

Anyhow, i will know in 1-2wks. I will be sure to update here when i know.

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ABelle » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Hey Wishing!!!!!

When are you thinking of doing another round? Do you have any frozen embies or would you have to do IVF again?

We are wanting to do our FET as soon as they will let us. We only have 1 frozen babe.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF