March 2016 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: March 2016 IVF

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:03 am

Thank you - Sorry I forgot to say thank you for your well wishes :D How was lining check yesterday?
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

April 29 - Full Immune/Genetic testing
Diagnosed with Thrombophilia with MTHFR Mutation

Dec '16 Surgery to remove Endo

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI
6dp5dt - BFP :jump:

Daily: Heparin / Aspirin / Prednisolone/ Folate / PIO

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crick04 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:36 am

Hi everyone! Good luck to everyone who is still in their 2ww. I POAS this am at 8dp5dt and it was BFN. So disappointed once again. Back to the drawing board for us. We have 3 blastocyst left. Encouragement needed!
Crick04
Friend

Postby nboots » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:14 am

Hi All, joining the party! Hoping to have an FET by the end of the month...

3.17.16 Thu (Day 9)
estradiol: 527
progesterone: .35
results: estradiol is over 200, so we should be okay to do an ultrasound next week!

3.15.16 Tue (Day 7)
had to leave work early because i was SO NAUSEOUS! called nurse and asked her if there were any alternatives to estrogen pills. she advised that she hadn't heard of anyone getting nauseous like this in all of her 20 years of experience, which made me feel funny! she advised that i start taking estrace vaginally instead, just one pill at night and in the morning. hoping that it will reduce nausea to bearable levels. have lost weight because inability to eat (which isn't a bad thing!)

3.14.16 Mon (Day 6)
estradiol: 153
progesterone: .35
results: nurse called and said that estradiol is too low, upped dosage to 4mg at night and in the morning. inwardly gagged because i have been so sick that i absolutely DETEST taking the estrogen... not sure how much more i can take of this.

3.13.16 Sun (Day 5)
am hating the estrace! i am so nauseous, i can barely eat. in addition, i also felt the beginnings of a UTI. went to urgent care and they put me on nitro. so feeling like i am all out of sorts!

3.9.16 Wed (Day 1)
called the office to let them know i started my period! nurse advised to start taking estrace in the evening for 3mg at night and in the morning. here we go, FET!

3.1.16 Tue (Day 17)
called the office to ask status about my embryos, since it's day 3 today. they gave me an incredibly scientific answer of them "looking good", with no details on the number and such, so i am planning on saving all of my harassment for thursday or friday when they call with the final report before freeze.

on another note, i now look 2 months pregnant instead of 4... so things are progressing on the recovery front.

2.28.16 Sun (day 15)
Got the call for the fert report - turns out that out of the 37 eggs, 22 were mature, and 21 fertilized normally, so they will incubate for 5 days and freeze all until i’m ready to come back for FET. Woohoooooooo!!

2.27.16 Sat (day 14) Egg Retrieval Day!!
hurting like a mothereffer at this point, and DH suggests i roll in on a wheelchair, but i am didn’t want to look like a pansy, so toughed it out to the waiting room. got called in, the nurse was super nice and said, “looks like you have 20 follicles, no wonder you’re already in pain!” i could barely change before i laid down onto the cot, and just closed my eyes because the shooting pain from my ovaries was just toooooooo much. we took care of all the paperwork, saw my RE, asked her how many times she would be poking me (about 4), and then the anesthesiologist came in and told me about the drugs and how much they would be doing. he took one look at me, and was like, looks like you’re already in a lot of pain… i had half a mind to ask for something beforehand, but decided to tough it out until after, and then i would just ask without abandon.

it was time, so the nurse came and walked me to the or, and then i laid down and put my legs in the ski boots, and then i had a mask put over me, and i was like, HOOK IT UP ALREADY! so i went off in to a wonderland, which was amazing! next thing i know, my nurse is trying to wake me up, but i start crying immediately because i’m in SO MUCH PAIN, so they amped up whatever they put in my IV about two or three times, and then i finally relaxed and just wanted to go to sleep, but they kept trying to get me to wake up (and probably leave, haha). DH was there and wiping away my tears like a lovey! then they told us that they had retrieved 37 eggs (which is CRAZY!!!) no wonder i was hurting!! i am thankful to get my scripts of 15 percocets… awww yeahyuuuhh!

2.26.16 Fri (day 13)
scan: none
estradiol: 6906
lh: 118.7
progesterone: 11.39
results: egg retrieval on Sat morning, 9AM! Will freeze all since I am overstimulated.
vibe: feel like i have two angry grapefruits in my tummy. which is what they basically are. feel like i am 4 months pregnant. but super stoked about the results - just hurts to walk a lot, so taking it easy!

2.25.16 thu (day 12)
scan: tech asked, “is there a reason you didn’t trigger last night? i can see you must be incredibly uncomfortable…” DH says it was impossible for the tech to not see both ovaries at once, meaning, that they are touching each other because they’re so enlarged. 22mm - 19mm!
estradiol: 5569
progesterone: 1.92
results: nurse called early to say that ER will be this Sat, and since my E2 and prog are so high, RE does not want to trigger with HCG, as I will surely have OHSS, so trigger with Lupron only tonight. come back for blood tomorrow to measure LH. because of high levels, no transfer to be done - ovaries need to calm down. so will wait for period, start BC on day two, and once insurance ok’s, will have FET! Asked if i could have the option to transfer two at a time, they said only on the second transfer if first one fails.
vibe: DH and i are psyched! i am working from home because my ovaries hurt so bad, and it’s hard to walk, but RE is amazing, and since i understand everything with the numbers now, am glad that i’m in good hands. am also glad that my ovaries will get a break, because they ache pretty bad and are the size of tennis balls, rubbing together.

2.24.16 wed (day 11)
Scan: growing follicles, but just a bit off for the trigger. But everything is looking good!
Estradiol: 2758
Progesterone: .92
Results: continue protocol and Coke back tomorrow just in case, but most likely trigger on Friday
Vibes: ovaries feel like swollen lemons, feel pregnant and back hurts, but can’t complain!

2.23.16 mon (day 10)
scan: 10 on the right, 10 on the left that are 17mm by 15mm or below, need to have them be 18mm by 18mm before trigger
estradiol: 2068
progesterone: .65
results: continue protocol, come back tomorrow for another scan/blood.
vibe: been a bit tense as the reality of it all is sinking in, slowly but surely, and a bit stressed about the scheduling part, but overall, not too shabby.

2.22.16 mon (day 9)
scan: 10 on the right, 7 on the left that are measurable (not sure what this means, I’m guessing past 12mm?)
estradiol: 1590
progesterone: .56
results: continue protocol, come back tomorrow for another scan/blood.
vibe: stoked and nervous at the same time!

2.20.16 sat (day 7)
scan: # of follices>10 on each side, all <10mm)
estradiol: 615
progesterone: .48
results: start ganerelix on sun AM along with same doses of gonal-f and menopur. come back 2.22.16 for scan/blood.
vibe: getting headaches, nausea, and bloat, but happy since these are signs that hormones are at work. DH starts to blame any of my irrational questions/actions on hormones. nipples super sensitive.

2.15.16 mon (day 2)
scan: baseline, lining 4.5mm, looking spiffy
estradiol: 28
progesterone: .30
results: ok to start 225 gonal-f PM/225 menopur AM
vibe: excited to stab
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tjdavidstone » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:51 am

Good Morning Ladies! I was a part of this group in the veeeerry beginning but I was in the start of my FET cycle and not one thing was going on so I was taking a break from it all! My FET is scheduled for the 29th! Right now I'm just taking Lupron and 4mg estradiol which I will up to 6mg on Saturday. My last sono/bw before transfer is on Tuesday to check my lining!

ThankyouGod and Lisianthus, I see you're going to have your transfer probably on the same day as me! YAY! Lisianthus don't worry too much about your short AF especially if it was heavy. I'm sure you're lining is back to being thin, plus if it makes you feel any better my RE told me to start taking BCP on day 2 or 3 of AF for my FET cycle so I'm sure everything shed :) Have you had your baseline sono yet to check all that?

Mama, I hope you get your BFP soon! I don't blame ya for testing early, I'm going to do the exact same thing bc I cant help it and once I start testing I cant stop! haha

Nboots, I'm sorry estradiol has had such a negative effect on you! It's done the opposite for me oddly enough! I have energy and I'm not stuffing my face all the time and I just feel better. I'm sure that'll change soon though since I'm upping the dosage in a couple days. Do you have a set transfer date and did they ever tell you how many made it to day 5/freeze? I didn't see that in your post.

Look forward to sharing experiences with everyone :D
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 28
DH: 31- Severe MFI

IUI #1: 12/12/2015 w/ 100mg Clomid & Trigger ....BFN
IVF #1 ER 02/03/2016: Fresh transfer cancelled.
Premature Ovulation, Only 1 egg retrieved. Grade 5AB Embryo made it to freeze! :D
FET #1 Transfer on 3/29/2016.... BFP!!
9DP5DT Beta #1: 22
11DP5DT Beta #2: 87
13 DP5DT Beta #3: 315
04/27/2016: Heart beat 112!
tjdavidstone
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mrsb42713 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi ladies! I'm just wondering when everyone thinks the earliest time to test is. I'm now 2dp5dt and am due for luteal bloodwork on 3/20 & 3/22. I had an HCG trigger shot, so I was figuring maybe I'd poas 3/21, does that seem too early since I had the trigger shot? I've never seen a BFP before so I would hate to have a false positive. Thanks for the help!!

Nboots - I can't believe you had 37 eggs! I was in pain and feeling like I was ready to pop with 14 eggs, I can only imagine how you must have felt. You must be so excited to have so many fertilized, can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

Have a great rest of the day everyone :)
mrsb42713

Postby nboots » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Tjdavid - i can't believe I forgot that! 9 made it to blastocyst stage! i am excited and hoping that i don't have to do another egg retrieval, but we shall see. i'm excited for your FET on the 29th! perhaps i will be having an FET around the same time! pio shots should start on the 24th, so it will definitely be close.

mrsb - it was pretty gnarly! am staying positive by being thankful that i had as much luck as i did, but it was painful for sure! as far as poas, i would definitely think 3.22 should be good... i know i would start on 3.21 though. false positives do suck... but i'm coming from a perspective of never having had any positive anything, so i would just be fascinated to see it :)
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bunny123 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Surgery ended up happening on 3/17. We got 16 eggs! At first, I wasn't sure if it was a good number, but the dr said it was good. We get a call tomorrow to see how many embryos we have! I'm in pain, but I'm excited.

Hope all your ladies are doing well in your journies!
TTC #1 since November 2013

IVF #1 March 2016
3/17- 16 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 blasts, 2 genetically normal after PGD
3/23- Both embryos transferred- AA and BA
4/4- BETA #1 12dp6dt= 1449!! :mrgreen:
bunny123

Postby lisianthus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:21 am

tjdavidston, thank you for your kind words! I'll have my lining checked on Monday (3 more days to go!). My clinic didn't say anything about a baseline sono.

Hurray, we are on the same schedule! I must say though, I'm not plannning on testing before the blood draw. It was tough the first time arround to wait for the doctor to call, but I swore to myself, I won't ever look at a negative test again. Its been one too many times. Also there are stories of dissapointment when an HPT is not confirmed by the beta test. It just feels to be the right way for me.

The past couple of days have been rough. I'm crying a lot (even just walking home from work gets me emotional). I'm not taking the anxiety very well. Waiting months, even years for something others get without consideration has gotten to me big time. I hope this is over soon.
april 2014 - start ttc #1
------
may 2015 - mfi (low count, low motility)
nov 2015 - ivf stimming #1 - 18 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 1 transferred, 7 frozen - bfp!
------
jan 2016 - natural m/c at (8w5d)
mrch 2016 - medicated fet #1, bfn
apr 2016 - unmedicated fet #2, bfn
june 2016 - medicated fet #3, cancelled five days prior to transfer, (PGD results: none came back ok)

aug 2016 - IVF stimming #2
lisianthus
Friend

Postby tjdavidstone » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 am

Nboots, 9 embryo's!! that's great girl! I highly doubt you'll have to go through another fresh cycle and ER and you have all you need to complete your family, what a great feeling. I too start PIO on the 24th so I'm pretty sure our transfer day should be the same :D Have you ever done the PIO shots before? This will be my first time doing them

Bunny, 16 eggs is a GREAT number! My RE told me 10-15 is average so you knocked that out of the park ;) Keep us updated on the embryo status's, I know waiting for the phone call was the hardest, but I only had one egg so maybe you'll be able to not stress as much

Lisianthus, How similar we are! We started ttc the same month/year and we too have MFI with low everything and now we're both doing our first FET and on the same schedule! I wish I could wait and not test, I understand the risks but I have to prepare myself for everything I do and I'm too impatient to let the call go to voicemail for my Beta results and I don't want to lose it on the phone and at work if it's negative. I'm always in awe of the people who can stick it out. I'm sorry you've been so emotional lately, I'm sure recovering from a MC and your first trying cycle afterwards is beyond HARD. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully this will be it and you'll get your thb, until then we're all here to wait it out with you!
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 28
DH: 31- Severe MFI

IUI #1: 12/12/2015 w/ 100mg Clomid & Trigger ....BFN
IVF #1 ER 02/03/2016: Fresh transfer cancelled.
Premature Ovulation, Only 1 egg retrieved. Grade 5AB Embryo made it to freeze! :D
FET #1 Transfer on 3/29/2016.... BFP!!
9DP5DT Beta #1: 22
11DP5DT Beta #2: 87
13 DP5DT Beta #3: 315
04/27/2016: Heart beat 112!
tjdavidstone
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi Life - congrats to you, very well deserved. Wishing you a very healthy 8 months!

It's over for me. BFN today at 8dp5dt and I've started spotting. Not thinking about it as I'm away in Cairo on a business trip but I will deal with the blah when I get home on Wednesday.

Good luck to everyone else, I truly wish you get your BFP's soon!
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

April 29 - Full Immune/Genetic testing
Diagnosed with Thrombophilia with MTHFR Mutation

Dec '16 Surgery to remove Endo

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI
6dp5dt - BFP :jump:

Daily: Heparin / Aspirin / Prednisolone/ Folate / PIO

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Life101010 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks, @mama! Sorry about your BFN. Good thing you have a distraction. Hope your next one works!
Congrats to @bunny and @nboots on retrievals! Both numbers are great!
I posted in a different post that I got our BFP on Friday and going in for US on Wednesday. (I am rewriting the post because for some reason the message stream did not update for me until after I submitted).
Good luck to everyone and I hope you get your BFPs very soon!
Life101010
Friend

Postby lisianthus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Mama, i'm so very sorry to hear it didn't work out. I truly hope that second line will turn up still. You are always such a positive person and writing encouraging posts. Breaks my heart.
------
nov 2015 - ivf stimming #1 - 18 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 1 transferred, 7 frozen - bfp!
------
june 2016 - medicated fet #3, cancelled five days prior to transfer, (PGD results: none came back ok)

lisianthus
Friend

Postby Crick04 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:25 pm

@mama:so sorry to hear your news. I'very been dealing with secondary infertility for 1.5 years and yet was new to the whole forum thing during the 2WW. Your responses to my posts lifted me up and gave me hope, just knowing I wasn't alone. Keep going, be strong and believe it will happen. I always think "the pain won't compare to the joy that is coming." Big hugs!
Crick04
Friend

Postby Crick04 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Oh btw....I too got a BFN on 8dp5dt then on 9dp5dt I started to see two lines. I'm cautiously optmystic..but my point is. ...don't count yourself out just yet! (My beta is tomorrow)
Crick04
Friend

Postby lisianthus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:32 am

Scan of lining is done! 9mm+ something I don't remember, which is perfect (so the Dr. says). I got ordered BD for tonight as we transfer in 4 days and somehow BD on "ovulation-day" has a positiv impact on implantation. With my protocoll, I don't actually ovulate.

This was/is my protocol (I'm all smart now):

CD3-CD11: 2mg Estradiol 3x/day
CD11: ordered BD
CD12-CD15: 1mg Estradiol 3x/day + Progesterone 3x/day
CD15: Transfer of 5-day blastocyst (no "implantation" shot, only done with fresh cycles my Dr. says)
CD25: beta

Excited, excited! :)
------
------

lisianthus
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF