March 2016 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: March 2016 IVF

Postby Crick04 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:58 pm

@bunny:My first day testing was 8dp5dt. I got a negative that day I think because I peed earlier in the morning (I had to go soooo bad) and then so an hour later I tested again. The strips I used expire in August of 2016 so they probably aren't the most sensitive, as well. I tested the next day with first morning pee and it was positive. From then on it got darker and darker.
Crick04
Friend

Postby bunny123 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:20 am

I'M PREGNANT! I can't believe it!!! I've never ever ever had a BFP, although I did have a devastating evap once.

7dp6dt. Look at that beautiful second line!!!! I'm on cloud nine. Best day ever. Please stay there safe and sound for the next 8 months little one(s)!!! (I tried to post a photo but they say the file size is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller...)
TTC #1 since November 2013

IVF #1 March 2016
3/17- 16 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 blasts, 2 genetically normal after PGD
3/23- Both embryos transferred- AA and BA
4/4- BETA #1 12dp6dt= 1449!! :mrgreen:
bunny123

Postby nboots » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:45 am

@crick - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Twins - amazing!!!
@bunny - my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy to hear!!
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Crick / Bunny - massive congrats to you both, so good to read such great news! Wishing you both a very happy and healthy pregnancy!
:ptl:

Bunny.. I always use http://www.picresize.com for my pictures... Hope to see you two lines soon. When is Beta?
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

April 29 - Full Immune/Genetic testing
Diagnosed with Thrombophilia with MTHFR Mutation

Dec '16 Surgery to remove Endo

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI
6dp5dt - BFP :jump:

Daily: Heparin / Aspirin / Prednisolone/ Folate / PIO

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crick04 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Congratulations bunny! So exciting to see two lines! Thank you nboots and mama for all the support! Ya'll are the best!
Crick04
Friend

Postby JennyE » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi everyone! I've gotten so much support over these years without ever posting. I appreciate everyone reaching out and showing support. After 2 years my husband and I decided to do Ivf. Our transfer was today and I'm already dying of anticipation. I had preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy so I am avoiding twins at all costs. We transferred one embryo today. The grading was 4bb. I know there is no guarantees but I'd love to hear of any success stories of implanting one embryo. I have 2 more to freeze so that is plan b. But I'm very hopeful this will work.
JennyE

Postby lisianthus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:53 am

I'm not pregnant. Beta came back negative. I did not see that coming. I had no symptoms in particular that made me think it would be a BFP which apparently was enough for me to think it's going to be a BFP (much like: no sign equals good sign). I was just cruising along and enjoying my TWW.

When the Dr. called me, I really was speechless. We had great eggs, great hatching, great lining.... I don't understand. However, it's not really the BFN that upsets me the most (unfortunately these things happen), but it's the fact that we AGAIN have to wait out a full cycle!! until the next try.

What are they thinking?! That I'm aging backwards? That my eggs for a possible second stim get younger and better? I'm so upset the clinic is in no rush at all. "Oh you want an appointment for FET talk #2, well, the 8!! possible dates you sent to us are not convenient for the doctor. Try again." What the ! Rant over.
I guess this is just too much and unexpected. I just need to be sad right now.
april 2014 - start ttc #1
------
may 2015 - mfi (low count, low motility)
nov 2015 - ivf stimming #1 - 18 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 1 transferred, 7 frozen - bfp!
------
jan 2016 - natural m/c at (8w5d)
mrch 2016 - medicated fet #1, bfn
apr 2016 - unmedicated fet #2, bfn
june 2016 - medicated fet #3, cancelled five days prior to transfer, (PGD results: none came back ok)

aug 2016 - IVF stimming #2
lisianthus
Friend

Postby nboots » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am

@jenny - so exciting!! I am going to start a new April FET/IVF thread so we can continue the conversation there!

@lisianthus - I totally understand where you're coming from - that's what I'm thinking about, not so much the disappointment from it not working the first time, but how long it takes to start another cycle! It's like a month or so wait until transfer, which sucks!!
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bunny123 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Mama & Crick- Thank you so much!

Lisianthus- I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. :-( I'm so glad that you guys still have frozen embryos left! hoping and praying that those stick!

Jenny- I think the couple days of bed rest after transfer was the hardest part. The doctor told me to pretty much lay down all day except for when I'm in the restroom or eating... and that's exactly what I did. My back started getting sore and I was feeling really restless, but once it's over, you still take it easy but it's way more bearable.

UPDATE: first beta was today and at 12dp6dt, the level is 1449! nurse said there is a good chance both little babies may have stuck. First ultrasound is not until 4/21, but I go back in for blood test in 2 days, then every week after that. Is this really happening? I can't even believe it. Thanks so much for all the support ladies. I'll make sure to keep you updated on my next beta.
TTC #1 since November 2013

IVF #1 March 2016
3/17- 16 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 blasts, 2 genetically normal after PGD
3/23- Both embryos transferred- AA and BA
4/4- BETA #1 12dp6dt= 1449!! :mrgreen:
bunny123

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to jump on to say how sorry I am for your results Lisa. I know too well how hard this journey is and the devastation at the end of it when we get that negative result. Try not to focus on the negative of having to wait, as hard as it is, because you still have 7 embryos waiting for you and that is a whole load of hope you've got there. Good luck with your journey :hugs:

Hope all the other ladies on our board are doing well? Are our BFP ladies progressing nicely?

Jenny - welcome, although your tww is almost over, did you test already?

I think someone on here recommended a book called 'Is your body baby friendly' by Alan Beer. I bought it and all I can say is what a great read. I highly recommend this book to anyone still struggling with infertility, miscarriage and failed IVF. I'm considering autoimmune testing before we think about another IVF cycle.
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks