Summer IVF buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Summer IVF buddies

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm planing on having ivf this summer,i would very much like a buddy to go trough all this together.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Summer IVF buddies

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:14 am

We are planning on doing IVF sometime this summer also. :)
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:21 am

I would love to have a buddy for this journey,is ur first ivf ?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 pm

So would I, especially since this is my first time! How about you? We've done three IUIs and tried for a fourth but I had poor response to the Femara + Gonal-F.
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm

My first ivf.I had 3 injectables cycles so I'm used to the needle but sadly nothing.My first apoiment with the clinic is next month,April the 14th.Im excited.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emme1982 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi ladies,

I might join you in the Summer IVF buddies group! A bit about me, I went through IVF once, last January-February and it was unsuccessful. Since then...you guessed it right! No baby! Well, what can we do. My husband and I had to move in the meanwhile and travel a lot, so it was almost impossible to actually try for any medical approach towards a child. We did see one fertility doctor courtesy of my folks who wanted to help, who asked "how come have you not been tested for endometriosis" which only made me obsess for 6 months more, thinking that somehow I would be found with endometriosis- which then would be cured and that would be the end of our problems...Anyway, we then moved, we got settled in, figured out health insurance, found a fertility doctor and made an appointment March 10th or so. When I mentioned endo he did not exclude it but said he would be more cautious to go in laparoscopically as it may have some effects that might harm my "system" (he used an actual organ term which I am forgetting) and the slightest harm might be bad for someone with my low chances already. So he signed me up for the usual test, 3rd day after period- and gave us a new appointment for April 11. He seemed to be wanting to go straight to IVF with ICSI (not microdrop) and seemed skeptical on all other options. In all honesty, he did not really want to discuss options without tests at hand, but he did seem biased towards IVF. Or at least I thought so, because I read reviews on him that said he is biased pro IVF. I am not sure anymore who is biased, him or me. Maybe both. Maybe just me.

So things were on track for the next cycle- except everything got really really complicated out of the sudden.
Period was due March 25th. Which would give us reasonable time to do the blood work today. As I have an out-of-country unavoidable work trip on Wednesday, leaving at 6am, we spent the weekend agonizing on what if the period does not come on time for the blood work. Now, Monday evening almost, with AF nowhere to be seen, we pretty much lost this month's window to do the blood work which has to be moved next month.
Unless this is a spontaneous pregnancy. Which is a whole other level of freakout and "AF IN MY FACE AGAIN" possible moment. At 18dpo with weird symptoms, I cannot but obsess, and hope. And I madly hate this hope, as we have been trying now for what? 5 years? Almost 2 on fertility track? I have lost track.
We decided not to pee on a stick, because all the other times we did, look what happened. I even thought I did not want to write here, because all the other times I vented, look at what happened (clue: both times nothing happened). I came back from work frustrated, after having obsessed about my pee like ALL DAY (verdict is: little cloudy drops at end of pee, but pee is CRYSTAL clear- the cloudy drops are white). My husband said we need to test because either way this is not good. At 18dpo we will know with large certainty if there is a pregnancy or not, which will either put this to rest in my head, or if there is a pregnancy, my stress situation (which presumably is bad for any fetus) will go away once I know (will it? I dunno really).
Not to mention the memories of that one chemical last March, around this time, and the cycle right after IVF. The doctor at the time said "hey, at least it is a spontaneous pregnancy" (pseudo pregnancy is my verdict).
Fun times...
Ok I did it all: we decided we are testing tomorrow morning, I vented at the TTC forum. Fates: consider yourselves challenged, AF, I am right here, ready to be devastated again!

This is me (in short :? ) saying :D I am joining you. Maybe.
(last note to universe: seriously, haven't we suffered enough already? I was 28 when this started. I am going to be 34 this summer. Seriously universe.)
TTC since: December 2011
--------------------------------
July 2014: Diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve
September 2014: Clomid round 1
October 2014: Clomid round 2
December 2014- January 2015: IVF round 1- negative
March 2015- spontaneous (unmedicated, babydance only) chemical pregnancy.
We saw a doctor during the summer in Europe, he suggested endometriosis may be an issue.
New doctor- waiting for AF to do first test (3rd day of period).
Emme1982
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Emme welcome and I'm sorry about ur chemical:(i know this journey makes you question everything.Fx for you tomorrow and pls update.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sauce » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi ladies! I will be doing IVF this summer as well. I just finished my third IUI cycle and it was not successful. We have unexplained infertility. I ovulate like clockwork, responded very well to Clomid, and all tests are normal. I do have very mild (stage 1) endo, but my RE thinks that is probably not the culprit. Anyway, I am ready to move on to something new! I have my first IVF consultation with my RE on April 18. I hope to get started right away. I'm a teacher so the summer will be the easiest time for me to go through this. I am hoping I will be super relaxed and ready to go.

Do any of you know when you plan to get started on IVF? Danaa, it looks like we will be meeting with our doctors at around the same time, so we might be on the same schedule.
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Sauce welcome!I have been following you and the other ladies on the other thread,I posted a few times there!!My apoiment is for 21th of April(changed it)I'm going to talk about my bad tube and a possible fibroid and then June-july probably we will start ivf!!I want twins:)) we can only afford one round of ivf so I want twins!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sauce » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello! I just wanted to post a follow-up as I met with my RE to discuss IVF yesterday. I will start BCP with the beginning of my next cycle (due in early May). I will do 2-3 weeks of BCP followed by about 10 days of stim meds and then the retrieval in early June. Since we are doing genetic testing it will have to be a frozen transfer. My clinic will have me wait a full cycle and a half between retrieval and transfer so that my body can go back to normal, so I am looking at a transfer date in early August! I am excited to get started but also nervous about all the meds and the surgical aspect of retrieval and anxious about money. But at least I am getting started and things will happen soon!

Good luck at your appointment on Thursday Danaa! Let me know what they say!
Me-32 DH-32
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Sauce wonderful news!!!Im soo looking forward to ur bfp!!!ivf is very expensive and soooo stressful but with our support you will get trough all
Of this.My apoiment got pushed for Tuesday Bcs my doc is busy but that is fine with me,hoping to hear some good news.Now that you talk about genetic testing i kinda want to get it done as well,is going to cost me like 2k euros extra but I think is worth.Ugh ttc is really,really stressful.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FutureBabyBee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:32 am

Hi ladies! Hope this find y'all well. I am currently waiting for the results from a colpo/biopsy so we can proceed with my hysteroscopy and FINALLY discuss protocol. So many hoops! I know we still have many to get through and it will be worth it in the end.

Dana- Any updates? How did your Dr. apt go?

Sauce- First of all, I love your username lol Second, that is so exciting! You're off and running with a game plan in motion. We plan on doing genetic testing and a FET as well. I'm kinda nervous about all that. It's such a long process it seems, hopefully it flies by for us all.

Emme- How did everything turn out? I am sorry about your loss and hopefully you ended up with a BFP but if not, we are all in this together! :hugs:

A little about me since I think we'll all be getting to know each other pretty well over the course of the next few months.. My name is Melissa. I am 26, DH 31. We've been married for 4 years. NTNP for about 6 years. I found out I had PCOS at age 21, was diagnosed with hypothyroid at age 12 and I've been on synthroid ever since. We live in Florida where the weather is hot year round and my shoe collection consists of flip flops, wedges, and boots. 8) Haha. We have a 4 year old yellow lab named Tucker (aka Tuckie Fresh) and we both love hunting, fishing, and playing with our 4 year old nephew. We recently moved into a bigger house and we already established the room for a future nursery. ( I mean who are we kidding i've had everything planned out on secret pinterest boards for years :rofl: ) I am avid in prayer and know that one way or another, I will be a mother someday. I will be keeping all of y'all in my prayers and look forward to going through this journey together!
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:47 am

Welcome Melissa and good to know you.I have a dog too a doberman named Jack,he is 1 and he is the light of our lives at the moment.We live in Athens.Melissa did you had all the testing prior to ivf done?Did you tried charting and or clomid or something similar ?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sauce » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi Melissa! Nice to meet you! Is your hysteroscopy scheduled? I know what it feels like to wait. I initially saw my RE last summer and had to wait until December for a lap before we could move on to IUI/IVF. So frustrating! But you are right it will be worth it in the end. IVF with FET is a long process, but the way I'm looking at it is that it will allow me to take a break after the stress of medication/retrieval. I'm sure it will feel good to relax and not be on meds for a couple of months before the stress of transfer!

Danaa, I knew you were based in Europe, but I didn't know you lived in Athens. I'm jealous! I am an art historian so I would love to visit Greece. I have dogs too- 2 of them. They are annoying sometimes but I love them!
Me-32 DH-32
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Sauce im a romanian living in Athens married with a sirian:)).My dog is sooo much work but we love him:))))Waiting for ivf is sooooo stressful plus all the tests ugh.My apoiment is Tuesday,I'm asking my doc if I need a lap to remove my bad tube and a hysteroscopy I don't know we shall see on Tuesday....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF