Summer IVF buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Summer IVF buddies

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:26 am

So it seems like I have 12embryos.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEPT2014 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:20 am

Yay danaa. That's great. :hb: keep us updated.
I can't test til next Monday :roll:
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PrayingMrs » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 am

Danaa- Did they call?! 12 is AMAZING!!!

Sept- That wait to test is a dreaded one! Try to stay busy!
Me 28;DH 27: Both Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#2 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#3 w/ meds: BFN
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
FET#2 August 2016 BFP w/ low Beta. Early miscarriage
Next up... some natural trying!
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:12 am

Ahhhh sept I don't know how you can wait,fx you get that bfp.
Praying my husband called them and at first he told me we only have 3 embryos I swear I almost fainted :)))but it seems like we are good so far.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 am

Good morning ladies, Hope everyone had a great 4th :)

Danaa- That's awesome, 12 embryos!!

Analuca- Thats exactly how I felt lol, I actually used my progesterone needle (on accident) in my belly on the first day....eeeek it's so huge!

Sept- My fingers are crossed for that BFP and a healthy 9 months to follow!

AFM- I'm on day 5 of my stims and I'm feeling pretty good, a little stuffed in my jeans today after all that food yesterday. We had a BBQ at our house for the 4th and we had a house full of pregnant women, I sat down to chat and one of the girls was bitching about how it would be so much easier if her 2nd baby was a boy instead of a girl since she already has a bunch of boy stuff and how she's going to go broke having a girl....I just laughed and walked away, if she only knew what we have to spend to just get pregnant, it made me a little emotional!! Anyways I have my ultrasound tomorrow and will hopefully know when my retrieval date will be, getting excited :) Hope you all have a lovely week Xoxo
Me: 31- Unexplained infertility
DH: 33- Low motility
TTC for 4+ years
1st IUI- August 2015 W/clomid + trigger= BFN
2nd IUI- September 2015 w/clomid + trigger= BFN
1st IVF- ER 7/11- 14 eggs retrieved, 11 matured & 11 fertilized. ET on 7/16- transferred 2 embryos
1st BETA 7/27- 469!!! :)
1st Ultrasound 8/17- Saw BOTH heartbeats....we're having TWINS!!
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sauce » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:48 am

Hi! I'm back! Sorry I was gone so long. I was out of town for a week and a half and then my friend was visiting. I'm glad to be back in the swing of things. I've been trying to catch up a little bit and it sounds like everyone is moving in a really positive direction!

Danaa- Congrats on your embryos! I think FET is the way to go and I'm sure it will go smoothly for you! My RE said AF would show up about 1-2 weeks after retrieval and it came 11 days later. I hope you don't have to wait much longer!

SEPT- Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you!

PeaceLove- When people complain about anything related to pregnancy/having children I just want to say "REALLY?" But I know what we spend will be worth it! I'm glad stim meds are going well for you! When is your next appointment?

Praying- I'm so excited for your FET and reading your posts with interest since I will be just a little behind you. I hope everything proceeds smoothly and you get that BFP soon!

AFM- I had my follow-up (finally) yesterday. Out of 12 embryos that were tested, 8 were genetically normal. My RE said this is a very normal percentage and that for women 35 and under she would expect to see about 30-50% abnormal results. The quality of the remaining embryos was "good not great" but my RE said that she sees plenty of pregnancies with the quality of embryos that we had (mostly Bs and B+s). We had one really good quality (AA) embryo that we plan to transfer next month! I call with my next cycle start to begin the process!
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PrayingMrs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:11 am

Good morning ladies!! Hope you all had a great first day back after the long weekend!

Sept- How are you feeling? Any new updates?

Peace- Summer dresses were my best friend during stimms! Glad to hear its going well for you! Sorry you had to endure listening to someone complain about the gender of their gift of a child. We all know how that feels, quite annoying. But just think, once we all get our BFP we will be so elated those comments wont bother us anymore :)

Sauce- Yay for follow up appointments! And yay for good quality! Transfer will be here before you know it! So excited for you!

AFM- I got on here and read a few FET success stories the other day... i feeling a little emotional thinking how close our transfer is and how badly hubby and i want it to work. We all get the financial side is crazy, but the ache for it to work is equally as crazy. Those stories are awesome though girls! If you have an emotional day, go read a couple! Boosts you right back up! I just know our group is gonna be busting at the seams soon with ALL of us getting BFP! ITS HAPPENING! Feeling good today, my estadiol gets increased today, next appointment is on tuesday! Im ready for these P injections to begin and ready to get this show on the road!
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEPT2014 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 am

I know girls the wait is freaking painful. I had some pinching pains in left groin yesterday and was very hormonal for 2 days straight snapping at everyone LOL. I am 9dp5dt but I had a trigger hcg on friday so I am getting a fake line at moment. Not suppose to test til Monday jeeez.... :doh: :doh: :roll:
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:49 am

Hey girls!
SO much exciting stuff going on with this board! My excitement is bubbling over for you ladies!!

As for me, tonight will be my 6th day of injectable meds, and I had an ultrasound this morning...my ovaries look like they're full of follicles, and right where they should be. My last 2 blood draws have been low in estrogen, so I had a med increase, and my tech said that by the looks of my follicles, my estrogen should be looking good. I had a blood draw this morning, and should know this afternoon how everything there is looking, and if I'm changing or adding anything else to my meds tonight. I'm definitely a bit bloated/swollen and have given up on anything with a waist....looks like it's just dresses for me for the next few days! I'm getting a lot more "pulling" sensations than I had anticipated, but it's more discomfort than pain, and I can handle discomfort! I finally had a minor hormonal "Come-apart" at DH...but, he's stressed with work, so it was bound to happen. He's going to visit his folks for a long weekend and to see a concert he is very excited about, and I'm kindof glad to just have some quiet time to myself at home...hoping that absence makes the heart grow fonder and that his weekend away is a stress reliever for him (he's been working really really long hours lately, so I'm glad he's taking the weekend off) Aside from that, I'm just getting excited about my retrieval around the 15th!
Me, 32; Mild Endo, cystic ovaries, wonky hormones
DH, 32; High count, low motility % and low morphology
TTC #1 since Summer '15

IUI with Clomid(100mg), Estridol - April 2016 - BFN
IVF/FET #1- July/August/September - 2 embryo transfer -
BFN with no frozen embryos left
IVF/FET #2- November/December - Single embryo transfer scheduled for Dec 21st!
5dpt BFP! Beta #1 9dpo: 39.9; Beta #2 12dpo 135!
m/c at 7 weeks.
FET#3 scheduled for March 14th
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sauce » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:14 am

For those of you who have done transfer or are doing it soon, did you find out the sex of the embryo they are transferring? I didn't want to know and it was kind of funny seeing my RE try to shift papers around so that she could show me the genetic results without revealing the sex, haha! I will want to know what the sex is if/when I get pregnant, but I couldn't imagine going into transfer knowing. I think I would get myself too attached to the thought of a baby girl/boy and then I would be doubly disappointed if it didn't work.
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby annaluca » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Sept - Goooooooood Luck!!! I am so excited for you to find out. It will be here before you know it. Hopefully you can wait until Monday to test! Resist the urge!!

Danaa- 12 embryos is amazing! Congrats!

Peace - I totally feel you on the insensitive pregnancy comments. I know people don't mean anything by it and probably wouldn't say anything like that if they knew 1/2 the struggle, but it still stings. I will say that even after having babies, I'm still sensitive to those kind of comments and would even still get pangs of jealousy when I found out other people were pregnant, even before we started ttc again. This experience changes you - at least it did me. But, as with any struggle, you'll be stronger for it in the end and a better mama for it too. Take a look at this poem that I discovered during my last IVF cycle. It helped me and hopefully it will you too. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155585362097108632/

Praying - Love your positivity! And you're right. This IS happening. For you, for all of us.

Puddles - It's a stressful time for everyone. Hopefully you can enjoy some alone time and recharge this weekend.

Sauce - I did not find out the gender of my embryos, but that wasn't really an option for me as we didn't get ours tested. Are you planning to find out after your BFP or will you wait?

AFM - Just trucking along with my daily injections. Estrogen levels were nice and low on Friday so started Estridol 2x a week on Monday/Thurs. I think I start progesterone and all other kinds of meds next week, things start to get a little crazy then. Feeling pretty good. Bloated, but not terrible. I am sure that the 4th celebration didn't help with that either! I've been trying to avoid gluten/dairy as much as possible, but that was nearly impossible this weekend while traveling with my in-laws. Starting to feel better though. Just looking forward to the end of the month, when hopefully I will actually be pregnant (instead of just dreaming about it and feeling like I am). Our anniversary is the end of the month and DH just asked what I wanted to do for it. I just said that I wanted to go out to celebrate (a pregnancy more than the anniversary). Crazy that i will know by then. I just pray that it works....pray real hard!
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Busybee4811 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi everyone. This is my 1st post on this site. I made an account because I'm in the middle of my 2ww and I'm going crazy! I am 6dpt, had fresh ET last Thursday. I bought 2 HPT and took both this morning with negative results. One was a First Response and the other a First Signal HCG test. Am I testing too soon? I can't bear to wait til Tuesday for the blood test. I'm starting to lose hope.
Busybee4811
Friend

Postby PrayingMrs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Sept- I want to tell you to resist the urge to test but i know i am weak when it comes to that!

Puddles- Praying for your retrieval on the 15th!

Sauce- I didnt have the option to find out gender either! I wouldnt have wanted to know just yet, like you said Im already gonna go nuts during the 2ww, i dont need another reason to feel extra attached!

Anna- I pray it works for you too! How fun would that be to celebrate being preggo and your anniversary?! Fingers crossed for you :)

Busy- WELCOME! Dont lose hope! Its still early! Its not over unless your blood test tells you so. You got this!
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby johnnyswifey » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Ladies!!! I've missed a lot!! I can't keep up! Lol

Let me call out a few..... ahem.....

Danaa- Wowzers! 12 embies are great! Can't wait to see that BFP!

Peace- How ya feelin with those stims?

Sept- OMG I'm super excited for you hun!

Sauce- You're on your way girl! Hit us with that BFP next month!

AFM: Baseline is tomorrow finally!!!!! Just need this breakthrough bleeding to start so I can start my scheduled stim date of 7/9!! BABY DUST LADIES!!!!!! and HAPPY STIMMING!!!!!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:58 am

It seems like everyone is right on track,I'm soooooooo happy for all of us,I'm looking forward for the first bfp on our group.
So exciting!!!
So today is day5 and we haven't gotten any updates yet but I will tell my husband to call later Bcs I'm scared of the results:)))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF