FET & Prolactin Levels ???

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

FET & Prolactin Levels ???

Postby ABelle » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:48 pm

I recently (Jan 1) quit breastfeeding my 1 year old and was told by my RE office that they usually wait 6 months after breastfeeding to do a FET because they want prolactin levels to come down. The nurse told me that the earliest they have done FET's was 3 months after ceasing breastfeeding. Another FYI, my periods returned in June of last year regularly, even while breastfeeding and pumping.

I'm just curious to see if anyone has had a similar experience and knows what a clinic would ideally want your prolactin levels to be for a FET? I had lab work drawn on Monday and I'm just waiting for results. I was here all throughout my IUIs and IVF so it's good to be back with you ladies on this TTC journey.... rough as it may be!

<3
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IVF