de ivf over 50 yo

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

de ivf over 50 yo

Postby bella50 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 am

Hello ladies! I don’t know who else can help me but you. I’m 54, no children. I was never lucky in love. I lived alone and I thought that it’s my destiny. I was wrong! 3 years ago I met my love. I should say that life doesn’t end in 50! It’s only the beginning! I’m so happy now. We love each other and enjoy each moment together. He also have no kids and never been married. It’s like the world gave us second chance! And we want to use it all out! We decided we want to have kids. We are healthy, we run each morning and we are very active. The only problem is I have menopause. Our only chance to have children is ivf with donor egg. There are many clinics, but most of them have age limits. I’m asking for your advice. We want to find professional clinic with normal prices. What should we consider? Do you know some clinics without age limits? I’ll appreciate any help!
bella50
Friend

Re: de ivf over 50 yo

Postby Danaa » Wed May 25, 2016 5:40 am

Hello there and welcome to this forum.If you feel healthy enough and strong enough to bare a baby I say go for it,is not the age is how you feel that is important.
I'm in Athens Greece and lots of women travel here to get IVF with donors eggs but sadly I don't know the age limit.
There is this woman from Romania who had IVF around the age of 60 so is duable.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KeepTrying15 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:42 am

Where are you located? If you are in the US, you should be able to find clinics that would be willing to perform the IVF with donor eggs at your age. I came across this article the other day http://haveababy.com/fertility-informat ... usal-woman

It looks like this clinic has various locations throughout the US, so it may be worth looking into. Good luck to you!!
3 early losses (natural bfps)
IUI #1-3 - BFN
IVF #1 - transferred 2 3-day embryos - BFN
IVF #2 - converted to IUI - BFP! - MC at 5 weeks
IVF #3 - 1 hatching 5 day blast transferred - 4 frosties
5dp5dt bfp :D
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bella50 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Thank you so much for your support and advices, ladies! I'll consider everything you've said. I hope I'll find reliable clinic which will accept me with my age. There are so many controversial reviews. I hope I'll find answers. I want our procedure to start already. I'm so tired of waiting... I don't want to waste more time. I believe all this info will help to make final decision!
bella50
Friend

Postby happy2016 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:32 am

Hi, it is great to know you have met your other half. If you consider ivf with de, you might look (or even complete an online questionnaire) at http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/egg-d ... nt-abroad/ that lists overseas fertility clinics that offer de. Based on yr personal requirements (eg age, clinics destination, treatment cost) you will receive individual list of clinics that treat patients aged 50 and older. Hope it helps. Keep my fingers crossed and wish all the best. x
happy2016
Friend

Postby bella50 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:09 am

happy2016 wrote:Hi, it is great to know you have met your other half. If you consider ivf with de, you might look (or even complete an online questionnaire) at http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/egg-d ... nt-abroad/ that lists overseas fertility clinics that offer de. Based on yr personal requirements (eg age, clinics destination, treatment cost) you will receive individual list of clinics that treat patients aged 50 and older. Hope it helps. Keep my fingers crossed and wish all the best. x

Hello happy2016! Thank you so much for your support! And thanks for this helpful website. There are so many reviews! I hope all those stories and info will help us to choose good clinic. It's nice to hear we can even choose from a couple of variants! We were afraid that no clinic will take us into de ivf program! Now I know we have a chance. I appreciate your help!
bella50
Friend

Postby mimimama » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:12 am

bella50- keep my fingers crossed and all the best with your treatment! xx
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby johnnyswifey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Hey Bella!! It's definitely possible! I'm rooting for you! Keep us posted!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bella50 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi ladies! Thank you for support. I really need it. So many people keep on telling me I'm doing a mistake. They say it's so wrong to have children in our age. Anyway I try to stay positive and I believe that I'll become mother soon. We decided to go in Ukraine for de ivf. That website with clinics and reviews helped us alot. The clinic we chose has high rates of successful procedures. It's very important, considering our age. Also there is no age limits! Price is much lower then in other countries. I hope this fact will not influence the services. I'm so relieved we found such clinic. Though I have some doubts. I know nothing about Ukrainian medicine. Also situation there is not stable. Anyway we decided to go there and check everything by ourselves. Reviews are mostly positive. Also we've found a video on youtube about 70 yo woman, who had de ivf in this clinic. She gave birth to 3 healthy kids! I'm worrying, but I have good feelings about this place. We've already contacted manager of this clinic. Also we appointed date of the first meeting with the doctor. I'll update as soon as we come back home! Wish us luck!
bella50
Friend

Postby bella50 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Hello ladies! I don't know if someone's still reading this thread, but I want to share some good news with you! We've just came back from Ukraine. We had our first meeting with the doctor in BioTexCom clinic. There are many reviews about this place, that's why we chose it. There were really many people! I think it shows that clinic is popular among infertile couples. We made all needed tests. We had an opportunity to give characteristics of desirable donor to our doctor. We want our donor to look like me. The representative of the clinic met us in the airport. Then taxi was carrying us across Kiev, including the clinic. We were provided with comfortable apartment and food supply. Also we had a manager, who was translating for us. All these services is already included into our package. We've chosen package, which is called "Double". We'll have 2 attempts of ivf. Our package costs little less then 7000 euros. We paid 3500 euros during this visit, after we signed contract. I'm so nervous! I can't wait to go to the clinic for embryos transfer. Girls, wish us luck! I'll update as soon as we'll have some news.
bella50
Friend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 am

Good luck and I'm so happy for you.FX for you!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mimimama » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:35 am

Thanks for sharing. Good luck
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MiraclesNeeded » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:34 pm

My wife is 53 and we are in thee exact same situation. I realize you already went for donor eggs, but I just wanted to point out that there is new technology out where you can still have your own baby. Google a) Ovaprime (b) PRP menopause reversal (c) dr. Hugh Melnick and ovarian rejuvenation (d) oogonial stem cells (e) Augment. Anyhow I am intrigued to know the rest of your story. What has happened since?
MiraclesNeeded

Return to IVF