5dp5dt - bleeding and slight cramps, help?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5dp5dt - bleeding and slight cramps, help?

Postby seasideroses » Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi - I'm new here, going through my second IVF cycle/third transfer. I had a 'nice looking' 5 day blastocyst transferred five days ago. I also had some mild OHSS symptoms. My doctor seemed generally very optimistic about my chances of conceiving this round.

But then today I've had a lot of spotting. It's mostly dark reddish brown with some red mixed in, but seems like more than I'd expect for implantation bleeding - I had implantation bleeding with my last pregnancy (which sadly ended in miscarriage) but it was much, much lighter than this. I have cramps which feel a lot like period cramps too. Called my doctor about the bleeding, he basically said 'well it's not a great sign but it's not a definite no, increase your progesterone dose and rest up'.

I have no idea what to think. I feel like it's already over and I just need to grieve over it and move on, but my partner is really insistent that it could be implantation bleeding and we shouldn't lose hope yet. But that just feels like false hope to me.

I tried a FR test this afternoon, which was negative. Then again, I realised afterwards that the test actually expired in 2014, so who knows how reliable that is.

Anyone else been here? I'm so confused. I was prepared (...ish) for a negative result on test day, but not for suddenly getting my period a week early. If it is my period? I wouldn't have cramps with IB, would I? But it's never this early. I'm so upset and confused. Help?
seasideroses

Re: 5dp5dt - bleeding and slight cramps, help?

Postby seasideroses » Fri May 27, 2016 6:45 am

Update: negative (non-expired) test today. :(

The spotting is still happening, although less, and has turned from reddish-brown to dark brown. Feeling miserable, pretty sure this is over. :(
seasideroses

Postby Danaa » Fri May 27, 2016 6:52 am

I'm sorry:( it sounds like a period maybe?!What is ur doc saying?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby seasideroses » Fri May 27, 2016 7:01 am

Yeah, it probably is.

He said that it didn't necessarily mean one thing or the other, lots of women bleed/spot early on in pregnancy, take extra progesterone and rest and do the test on my test date anyway.
seasideroses

Return to IVF