Summer IVF buddies #2

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Summer IVF buddies #2

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:12 am

Praying in excited for you.fx for you.
Peace that is wonderful news,Yoo-hoo come on babies fertilize for your momm.Hoping to hear good news.
Ladies if I missed someone I'm sorry,I'm doing personals from memory.
I hope after the transfer some of you can answer some of the questions I posted it would help a lot.
God it feels like everyone moves so fast and I'm here stuck for September:(((( is kiling me and the fact that the transfer might be pushed to end of September or October is kiling me and i feel like I want to strangle all the staff from the clinic.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:56 am

Busy- I'm so very sorry, sending big comforting virtual hugs to you Xo

Praying- you'll be just 2 days behind me on our transfers, we can go through the dreaded wait together ;)

Danaa- Just remember you're doing whats best for your body, after all of the waiting us ladies have done just a few months is nothing!

All I have to say this morning is I take back my comment about the progesterone shots not being that bad LOL my butt is SO sore! But hopefully I'll be doing these shots for the next 3 months ;) anything for a healthy baby. Hope you all have a great day!
Me: 31- Unexplained infertility
DH: 33- Low motility
TTC for 4+ years
1st IUI- August 2015 W/clomid + trigger= BFN
2nd IUI- September 2015 w/clomid + trigger= BFN
1st IVF- ER 7/11- 14 eggs retrieved, 11 matured & 11 fertilized. ET on 7/16- transferred 2 embryos
1st BETA 7/27- 469!!! :)
1st Ultrasound 8/17- Saw BOTH heartbeats....we're having TWINS!!
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sauce » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:57 am

Peace, did your RE give you a choice of progesterone types? Mine did and I am opting for the kind you take vaginally. It's three times per day and a bit more expensive, which is annoying, but I work from home so time isn't an issue and I could not do the injections. My butt hurt for like three days after my trigger. She said that the injections aren't any more effective, but it seems like almost everyone who does IVF does injectable progesterone so I am feeling unsure.
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:06 am

Sauce im doing vaginal ones as well and every where I read they did the vaginal ones ,they started the injections only after they got pregnant and their progesterone was low.hope it helps to put ur mind at ease a bit.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Sauce- They have me doing 1 ml injection in the morning and a suppository at night. So I guess I'm half off the hook haha I've heard other women doing the full 2 ml as an injection....NO THANKS!! I'm going for a relaxation/fertility massage Friday night before my transfer, I'll have my girl give my bum a little extra love lol
TTC for 4+ years
1st IVF- ER 7/11- 14 eggs retrieved, 11 matured & 11 fertilized. ET on 7/16- transferred 2 embryos
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Peace & Praying - I'll be right there with you ladies as my transfer is on Tuesday! So surreal. Let's talk now about what your intentions are for POAS. Are you going to do it? I want to say no, but I have a feeling I'll cave. Definitely will be leaning on you both (all of you really) for mental/emotional support. It's so tough to stay sane during the tww!!

Peace- have you gotten any updates on your embryos? How many are you implanting?

Praying- how many are you implanting?

Forgive me if you've already said and I'm not remembering.

SEPT- any word?

Danaa- it will be worth it. Whenever you can do it just remember they're doing it to give you the best chance at success. You got this. I'll try to look at your questions again tonight and try to answer as many as I can.

For whoever mentioned progesterone I'm also doing a combo suppository/ injection. For my last fresh we did only injections. With this Fet it's a combo. Had my first injection today and my mom had to come over to give it to me bc DH is traveling and I was so worried she would mess it up (I'm crazy like that). But I'm sore, so in guessing she got it right! ;)
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Anna- I'm on the fence about POAS, I have a feeling I'll cave too! I kind of feel like I'd like to have that preparation either way, I can prepare myself if I get a neg test. I guess getting a false positive is where I'd be crushed. The last update I got was yesterday (the day after ER) 11 matured and 11 fertilized. I will be transferring 2 embryos :) How many embryos are you transferring?
TTC for 4+ years
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Im definitely peeping on multiple sticks multiple times a day on multiple brands and I plan on posting my pipi sticks here for u ladies to view and judge lol.
Peace omg Yesss good job girl,11yay.
I'm transferring 2,that is how many I'm alowed for me age.
My MIL wanted me transferring 3-5 lol crazy woman:)))) but she means good.
Anna it would help me a lot if you could answer some
Of those questions.ty
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PrayingMrs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Im beginning P shots tonight.... so scared!

Ill be transferring 2. And i will absolutely be testing at home! i dont think i could wait!

What about you?
Me 28;DH 27: Both Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#2 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#3 w/ meds: BFN
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
FET#2 August 2016 BFP w/ low Beta. Early miscarriage
Next up... some natural trying!
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Agh! I don't know! Last time with my fresh I POAS (I think it was at 6dp3dt) and it was negative. I was so heartbroken and even though I tried to convince myself that it was too early, I was convinced it didn't work. So, I was too scared to test again until after my beta already confirmed I was pregnant. I am thinking I will try to hold out, but I don't know if I can. I guess I'll play it day by day.

Danaa - Here are my answers to your questions:
#1 Is it painful?! If you are talking about the actual transfer, then no. In fact, nothing (other than shots and bloating) is really painful for a FET. My biggest pain came from the retrieval when I had my fresh.
#2Do you need a full bladder?! I haven't heard anything about that and don't remember needing it for my fresh either.
#3Are the giving you any painkillers for the procedure? Nope.
#4Will you spot immediately after the procedure?! I don't know. I didn't with my fresh, so I wouldn't expect to with this one.
#5What cycle day is the transfer done?! I think I am doing what would be a 5dt. Regardless it will be my cd20.
#6 Are cramps normal after the procedure ?! I believe so. Cramping is normal all along given the hormones/drugs that you are taking. In addition, you will have cramping from the implantation. The day before I found out I was pregnant with my girls, I woke up with terrible cramping and was convinced my period was coming. It didn't. It was just the girls nesting. :)

Hope that helps. Hopefully I'll have better answers after I've gone through a FET. One other thing I will note, which hopefully is not TMI, is that I had horrible constipation last time. Not to get too much into it, but it was terrible and I was so afraid that my straining would mess with the implantation. I think it is from the progesterone. I plan to eat prunes on the daily to help ease things along this time.

Good luck ladies. I am starting to get anxious again. Hopefully SEPT will come back soon and share her good news to bring us some good vibes!
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby annaluca » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Forgot to mention... I'm transferring our one and only frozen. Hoping this is the one that will complete our family. FX!!!
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:47 am

Anna Ty so much for ur answers.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 am

Ahhhhhhh as much as I'm trying to not get excited, my husband and I were talking last night about how we're going to surprise our family if I'm pregnant....I started getting super excited but then woke up this morning with this ugly feeling in my stomach like "what are you thinking, this isn't going to work on your first try. Nothing comes easy to you." I know I'm feeling these emotions cause my transfer is only a day away but man, this is the first time anxiety has really hit me! I need a good meditation session, looking forward to my massage tomorrow night :)
TTC for 4+ years
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 am

PeaceLoveYoga wrote:Ahhhhhhh as much as I'm trying to not get excited, my husband and I were talking last night about how we're going to surprise our family if I'm pregnant....I started getting super excited but then woke up this morning with this ugly feeling in my stomach like "what are you thinking, this isn't going to work on your first try. Nothing comes easy to you." I know I'm feeling these emotions cause my transfer is only a day away but man, this is the first time anxiety has really hit me! I need a good meditation session, looking forward to my massage tomorrow night :)

Everything you just said I'm feeling.......
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEPT2014 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey ladies
I had my blood test yesterday. I got so nervous and felt so sick being back in the surgery that I had beta hell with my ectopic and losses I felt like they thought oh God it is HER again. I got the results back today: 3450 I couldn't believe it. I never got that far before. My ectopic ruptured when my levels reached 1800 so I am so grateful to get this far. I just hope that it is in the right place. Quite tender on left side where my only tube is so it is making me nervous. Scan in just over a week if all goes well.
Danaa I did my egg collection in March and had to wait a month for results, freeze then another month due to work so didn't get to transfer until late June. That few months felt so long and so many girls who started off ivf much later than me where getting transfers when I was still waiting on my results etc but it seems like time stood still. I hope the time passes quick for you and it will be worth it I'm the end.
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF