Summer IVF buddies #2

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Summer IVF buddies #2

Postby annaluca » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Ok. sorry in advance for the following vent. Full panic attack has come and (hopefully) went. My nurse called back and said that my dr had eye surgery a couple weeks ago and he has a follow up spot tomorrow. He may be able to do it, but in case he is dialated or there is some uncertainty they have this other dr preparing to do it. So there's basically a chance I'll have my dr but more than likely it will be this other dr. I know it probably makes no difference but I can't help thinking it does. For two main reasons. First, the dr who is doing it did my sounding (where they measure how far to your uterus) and he had a really hard time getting to it (I have a tilted uterus). Second, my dr did my last transfer and not only was it successful but he said "well that's about as perfect as it gets" when he was done and I so badly want to have that again because I feel like he's just the best. By the time I was able to exchange voicemails with the nurses and call back, they were gone for the day. I am so nervous and the last thing I wanted was an anxiety attack right before my transfer. It seems so petty and stupid but I can't help it (damn hormones). Going to my acupuncturist now and hopefully she can help. Needing some positive vibes.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Im sorry anna for the stress ur clinic is causing,I wish I could say some something to comfort you but i don't know what really I should say.
Is really important the way the doctor does the procedure?Is important where in the uterus they put the embryos?
These are the questions I'm really thinking and trying to find some answers for you.Maybe postpone until ur doc feels good enough and you feel relaxed?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PrayingMrs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 am

Good morning girls! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Anna- Im so sorry your nervous. Dont be! Im sure the doc is well caught up on all he needs to do to be successful! YOU GOT THIS! ITS GOING TO WORK!

AFM- Transfer is complete! Such a cool experience. They brought me in a picture of our 2 embryos they were putting back in! Once i was settled in the OR room at the clinic, i got to see them put the embryos from the dish to the catheter, and then my husband got to watch as they were placed in my uterus! So awesome! Doc, and embryologist both commented that my uterus looked "amazing", haha whatever that means! I spent the remainder of the day on bed rest, doctors orders! I took today off work to just relax and stay as calm as i can. Been keeping my feet warm. Hopefully these babies are getting nice and cozy in there! The Progesterone injections still arent horrible, but goodness they make me sore! The needle isnt horrible, the oil going in isnt the most fun. But all for a great cause! STICK BABIES STICK!
Me 28;DH 27: Both Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#2 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#3 w/ meds: BFN
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
FET#2 August 2016 BFP w/ low Beta. Early miscarriage
Next up... some natural trying!
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 am

Good morning ladies!

Ana- I'm sure everything is going to work out exactly like its supposed too. Stay calm, sending prayers and positive vibes to you today!

Praying- SO glad everything went good for you, it really is an amazing experience isn't it? I feel lucky that we get to see our babies at these precious stages!

AFM- My transfer went lovely on Sat. only 4 of our embryos made it to day 5, we transferred the 2 best and froze the other 2. I'm so in love with our embryologist, he is amazing :) One thing he said about one of our embryos was "I'm VERY proud of this one" and winked at us, for some reason that just keeps sticking in my head lol but like praying said it really was amazing to be able to see, the doctor had m lay there for an hour after so I brought my head phones and listen to soothing music. I cried tears of joy and also talked to my babies while laying there it was a very spiritual moment. I took 3 days to do nothing which was nice, I enjoyed having my husband wait on me ;) Anyways I'm back to work today and it's in gods hands now!
Me: 31- Unexplained infertility
DH: 33- Low motility
TTC for 4+ years
1st IUI- August 2015 W/clomid + trigger= BFN
2nd IUI- September 2015 w/clomid + trigger= BFN
1st IVF- ER 7/11- 14 eggs retrieved, 11 matured & 11 fertilized. ET on 7/16- transferred 2 embryos
1st BETA 7/27- 469!!! :)
1st Ultrasound 8/17- Saw BOTH heartbeats....we're having TWINS!!
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:30 am

So many good stuff going on here.Im sooo excited .Fx for all of us.Looking forward to your bfp ladies.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nboots » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:59 am

hi ladies, i'm going to join you guys really late, but hopefully no one minds! i also transferred last Saturday, with two 5dt embryos. my testing date is 7.27.16. i'm really nervous, as this is my 15th cycle of fertility treatments (13 IUI/2 FETs). i'm so tired of going through all of this, so hopefully these will stick - but if not, we have 6 more embies on ice.

the last two days, i've been feeling nauseous on and off right after i eat, and call me crazy, but something about this cycle makes me think it might be the one. i don't know why, but the embryologist gave us the picture of our two embryos, and one of them is a hatching blastocyst - and i thought to myself, that one must be like DH, because he was 6 weeks early, couldn't wait to get out and see the world! we're hoping for boy/girl twins, so that would be wonderful, but at this point, i'm open to whatever God brings.
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:07 am

Yay, welcome nboots :) We're on the EXACT same schedule, do you plan on taking a home test before your BETA? I was on the fence before but I've decided I'm going to buy a 3 pack and test Sun, Mon & Tues, hopefully watching that line which I've NEVER seen get darker....ahhhh Starting last night and little bit this morning I had some light cramping, hoping it's our little babes implanting. My fingers are crossed for us Xoxo
TTC for 4+ years
1st IVF- ER 7/11- 14 eggs retrieved, 11 matured & 11 fertilized. ET on 7/16- transferred 2 embryos
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nboots » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

Yaaaaaay Peace!! i'm super excited for the both of us! are you hoping for twins or it doesn't matter?
TTC#1 since 2013
Me: 35Y, PCOS DH: 33Y, No issues
13 Cycles of Clomid/Femara/Injectibles/IUI - all BFN
Trying for first IVF cycle Feb/Mar 2016!
nboots
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Wellllll...twins would be ideal but like you said we will be grateful for whatever god gives us! After going through such a struggle all I really hope for is a healthy baby :)
TTC for 4+ years
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby johnnyswifey » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:30 pm

OMG!!!! You guys are officially preggo!! Stick babies stick!!!!!
I'm on day 6 of stimming and feeling fantastic!! I am aware of my ovaries but not bloated or uncomfortable yet. I started my cetrotide today too. I have my 2nd appt tomorrow morning and I feel like I'm right on track!

Let's go ladies!! Give us those BFPs!!!!!!!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sauce » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:28 am

SEPT- Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! When do you get to go in for your ultrasound?

Praying, Peace, and Nboots- Congratulations on making it through the transfer! I can't wait to hear about your BFPs!

Johnnyswife- I'm glad the stims are going well for you! I honestly found the whole stim/retrieval procedure to be so easy. I wish I would have done it earlier! When is retrieval?

AFM, AF finally arrived two days ago so I started my estrogen patches. I went for an ultrasound and blood work yesterday. My transfer is scheduled for Aug. 9!
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby johnnyswifey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 am

Sauce- Don't have a definite date for retrieval yet. I'm on a low dose 150 menopur and 150 follistim so I'm literally cruising through and doing great! Aug 9 is right around the corner and I'm so excited for you :mrgreen: !!!

Today, I had my 2nd appt this AM and everything looks great! I currently have 17 follies and I've stimmed for 6 days now
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeaceLoveYoga » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:03 am

Sauce- Just over 2 weeks away, so exciting!

Johnnyswifey- That's how I felt on my stims, hopefully that means you'll have a super easy smooth retrieval. I was feeling back to normal about 3 days after :) I forgot, are you doing a fresh cycle or FET?

AFM- I've been staying so positive and hopeful and maybe feeling some implantation cramps throughout the day yesterday. Had a lovely baby dream last night where I was pregnant and my sister got this new ultrasound machine, she called me over to try it and we got to see our baby SO clear like as if we were seeing it in person... he/she even gave us a big smile haha. AND then I woke up this morning with this uneasy feeling ahhhhh this wait really is no joke. I've planned that I'm going to take a home test on Mon (9dpt) there's no way I can hold out until Wed. Anyways I'll try and calm my crazy head today, hope you all have a great day :)
TTC for 4+ years
PeaceLoveYoga
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 am

Hey Ladies - Thanks for the words of encouragement. It was all much ado about nothing as my doctor was able to do my transfer. We transferred a perfect hatching blast and it went very smoothly. I rested for 15-20 minutes afterward and then went to my acupuncture appointment. I was feeling very optimistic (and still am) but had a minor hiccup when my mom who was chauffeuring me around almost got into an accident on the way to my accupuncturist which caused me to jump/tense up momentarily. Of course because I'm crazy, I worried and googled incessantly, but I feel pretty confident that nothing could happen to my embryo as a result. I know either the embryo will continue to thrive and my uterus will accept it, or it won't, and I can't do anything about either at this point. After my appointment, we went and had a nice relaxing lunch then I came home and took a nap. My MIL and mom took care of the girls for me and today I am just working from my bed, which is nice. I'm feeling pretty confident, but I of course have these pangs of worry and anxiety that I just can't completely shake.

Peace, Praying & Boots - I am so happy your transfers went smoothly. Looking forward to seeing your BFPs creep up. Maybe you'll give me strength to test early. How did you feel right after? I've had some cramping, but obviously mine is too early for implantation. I think it's just the meds. Did you have that?

Glad to hear stims are going well and everyone else is progressing right on track. Seems crazy to be back here again in the tww. I keep thinking that it may go by fast, but it is already taking soooooooooo long!

Good luck!
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PrayingMrs » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:31 am

nboots- Welcome! Praying you get the twins you want! Im just 2 days behind you and Peace, i had fet on monday.

Peace- What a wonderful dream!! im sorry i forgot, did you do a 3day or 5day? What day did you start feeling cramps? And have you had any spotting or bleeding?

Sauce- Are you getting excited??!

Anna- I so sorry you had a car scare! Im sure you little embie is safe and snuggling in :) Praying for you! I didnt have any cramping the day of transfer, but some very light cramping yesterday and a little today. Probably meds, but i like to feel something no matter the cause :)

AFM- I laid completely low transfer day and yesterday, and i am headed back to work on light duty today! I havent had any caffine at all, and strangely im not missing it at all! Thankful for that! I have felt a few light cramps, and find myself talking to our potential babies, or lightly placing my hand on my belly every time i feel anything. Its probably just the medicine as i am only 2dp5dt but this is the most pregnant i have ever been, and i plan to enjoy every single second for as long as i have the chance! Glad to know our embryos are "home" and feeling oddly at peace :)

Ladies who are on Progeserone injections: How are you feeling? Sore? Any side effects?
Have a great day!!
Me 28;DH 27: Both Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#2 w/ meds: BFN
IUI#3 w/ meds: BFN
IVF FET#1 July 2016 BFN
FET#2 August 2016 BFP w/ low Beta. Early miscarriage
Next up... some natural trying!
PrayingMrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext