IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi All-

I am a soon to be IVFer and just looking for some potential cycle buddies to go through this IVF journey with!

Quick background on me (also in my signature)- we have been TTC #1 since July 2014. Started seeing my RE in March 2016. We have been slated unexplained infertility. We have gone through 4 failed IUI cycles with Clomid and are gearing up to start IVF next cycle (estimated to start 2nd week of August). My trial transfer is scheduled for this Thursday and then we just wait on AF to show to get started on the injections. My Doc is not putting me on BCP's to start- we are just jumping right in! The plan is to do the regular Petri dish sperm meets egg deal with half of the eggs we retrieve and ICSI with the other half of the eggs we retrieve. Right now I am just about to start my TWW from this last natural cycle. Hoping for a miracle, but if AF shows, well then I'm just putting all of my faith in science!

Anyone else on a similar 1st time IVF cycle?
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Postby Ellagsx » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Hey girl! I'm so excited for you!!!
My Ovulation Chart

Me: Rebekah (28) DH: Tyler (32) TTC#1
Current cycle: CD1- 7/11/16: 5mg Femara (CD 5-9), Dexamethasone 2mg (CD 5-15), Ovidrel 250 mcg/0.5 mL (administered on 7-25 at 11:45pm), 1000mg Vitamin D3, 1500mg Metformin, Prenatal 28 mg iron-800 mcg tablet, Probiotic
Ellagsx
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Hello staying,we are a group of ladies that are going trough all of this called summer IVF #2.Join us!!We offer support and informations.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Hey Ella! It's been a long time! How is everything going with you? Are you gearing up to do IUI this cycle? I thought I saw your name on the IUI boards. Hope all is well (despite the fact that we are still not pregnant :| )

Thanks Dana! I saw your group but noticed that most of you ladies seemed to have had the egg retrieval already and are either in the tww or waiting for the PGS testing. I didn't want to just jump into your group without even starting stims yet since you guys have been chatting for a while now :-)

March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellagsx » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Staying- yes!! We have our iui insemination process tomorrow!!!! All the scans and everything has been just perfect!
My Ovulation Chart

Me: Rebekah (28) DH: Tyler (32) TTC#1
Current cycle: CD1- 7/11/16: 5mg Femara (CD 5-9), Dexamethasone 2mg (CD 5-15), Ovidrel 250 mcg/0.5 mL (administered on 7-25 at 11:45pm), 1000mg Vitamin D3, 1500mg Metformin, Prenatal 28 mg iron-800 mcg tablet, Probiotic
Ellagsx
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Me2please » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:36 am

Hello,

I would like to join too. Staying and I have already been on some rollercoasters together. It's nice to meet you Ella and Danaa I am also starting my first IVF cycle. I am on day 3 of my stims and Day 6 of my cycle. Our problem is severe MFI so we will doing this with ICSI for sure. There are not many people in my life who understand what I am going through - how can they. We have decided not to tell people, except our parents who have been put down as emergency contacts. It would be good to have people to talk to about everything.

So far I have been put on a standard dose of Gonal F and Pergoveris to be injected in the mornings. I haven't had side effects so far except for being very tired later in the day. I was told to drink 2.5 - 3 litres of water per day to help avoid headaches and I think it's helping. I go for my first scan on Saturday morning to measure response. That is where I am up to for now :)
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 am

Our group is open to everyone.Most of the girls had their transfer but there are some just like me who are waiting for their transfer.im not doing PGD/PGS im just waiting for September for my transfer.
IVF is not an easy ride and I think we all need support to get trough all of this.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Ella- Wishing you so much luck today with your IUI!!! We can share in the TWW together as mine just started as well. Man does it feel weird to be going au natural this cycle. But it's nice to feel my body doing it's thang on it's own :wink: . For the first time in 4 months I felt ovulation pains, had some CM that told me O was upon me, and now I've got myself some sore BBS! For whatever reason all of this did not happen while I was on Clomid. Sending so much baby dust and positive vibes your way!!

Me2- Yay! you found me :) . We have only told our moms (and I also confided in my hair dresser about my journey and probably any woman in earshot of our conversation at the salon :shock: - however I haven't seen her yet to update her that we will be moving to IVF). I've also found some great support from the Instagram community. I created an account dedicated to my TTC journey and have met so many wonderful ladies filled with so much information. It's a little change of pace from these forums because there we can share pictures, quotes, etc about the journey. I am on there as "tinyturkeybasterandhope" if any of you decide to start up your own IG TTC account and want to follow me. :-)

Side note about the instagram account- If you want to stay anonymous, it is important to un-link your fb account from your IG account, set the IG account to private, keep the profile vague and don't use an email address anyone knows to set up the account- also don't list your phone # or your name. Or else IG will take that info and start telling people you are friends with that you are on IG as whatever you choose your name to be.

Dana- I agree- It definitely is not an easy ride and support from others going through it is so important. I will pop over to introduce myself once I get started on my protocol. :) May I ask why you decided to wait until September for transfer? Is it to give your body time to heal from the retrieval or because the stats for FET are a bit higher than fresh cycles?

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:51 am

Im waiting for September for my transfer due to OHSS and bad timing I guess,I had my retrieval at the beginning of this month but Bcs I developed OHSS my doc said is best to wait but Bcs greek clinics are closed for the month of August I now have to wait for September.
I'm kinda pissed off but im finding some peace in the fact that they have high success rates with FET.
I never tried to hide my infertility problems,i don't mind the questions,im more than happy to inform people about infertility and the struggle that comes with it,everyone who knows me and my husband knows we are doing IVF,but that is only my point of view.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 am

Hello everyone,

Staying - good to find you! :) That's exciting that you had your meeting and everything is happening now. Fingers crossed for this natural cycle too. Miracles can happen. Either way I know you will be pregnant soon!

Danaa - I think you are really brave to be so open. We were open in the beginning but I found people just said some things to me that were so hurtful and insensitive. I don't know if they meant to be. I wouldn't even want to tell you ladies some of things that were said when I spoke about IVF. I think you would find it so upsetting. After that I just retreated and I just feel for my own self preservation to keep it under wraps for now. Hopefully one day I will have the courage to come out with it again.
As for FET - my doctor also mentioned he does it about 60% of the time just because the uterus can be more welcoming once it has settled down after all the hormones are done. So though we want to do fresh we might also have to do FET.

AFM - Feeling so tired. Not sure if it's in my mind but it's been since I started the meds. So far that's still the only side effect. I hope the meds are working.

Have a great day everyone!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:19 am

Good Morning!

Danaa- I agree, you are very brave to be so open about your journey. But I think it is hard for a lot of people to be that way (me being one of those people). Which is why I come here and to the TTC instagram community. I have found it quite difficult to have a discussion about infertility with people who have not gone through it- my mom and mother in law included. They want to say the right thing and I know they mean well, but most of the time the things they say just make me feel worse or make me think they are a bit insensitive. Again- not intentionally- they just don't understand it.

Me2- How is it going with the stims? I hope that the only side effect you have to experience is being tired. I am sure that the meds are doing what they are supposed to be doing. After all you are being monitored closely so they will tweak your meds if they don't think you are progression as you should be. When is your next monitoring appointment?

Ella- Hope you are doing well and the TWW is moving quickly for you!

Not much to talk about on my end- Had my trial transfer on Thursday. I drank a bit too much water and my bladder was unbelievably full. So during the TT, my nurse says "woah, your bladder is so full- you don't need it to be that full. It should be full but not to the point where you are uncomfortable." She showed us on the monitor where my bladder was and it was pretty large! I just didn't really know what to expect. They told me to have a full bladder so I just filled it up as much as I could. When the doc came in and asked how I was doing- I flat out said to him- I am okay but I really need to go to the bathroom! haha. Anyway- just over here waiting to see what goes down next week. Whether it be a BFP or starting stims!!

Have a great day ladies!

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 am

Most of the time people don't say the right things,some end up saying some really shittyy things,been there and sometimes it annoys me but I actually don't give a fawck about other people's opinions that is why I probably been so open.I agree if you have not dealing with infertility you can't know how it is,that is why I'm here as well,I love my family but they don't really understand,so i come here to talk about charts,stims and other stuff.
What annoys me the most is when people assume we don't want children and say things like make babies Bcs a dog is not the same,no s**t?!Blah ignorance!!
Hoping to see some bfp's here!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:05 am

Hello Ladies

I was actually just coming to update you :)

Staying - That's so funny about your bladder. Hehe - I hope you get a BFP next week! How funny and amazing would that be? But if do you start stims you have to drink around 3 litres of water per day. Talk about a full bladder - It's insane - I am just running to the bathroom constantly.
You are so lucky you had a trial transfer - at least you kind of know what to expect.
I went onto Instagram and had a look at some of the IVF posts. I can see why you like it - they are so heart warming. I meant to start an account, but I will have to create a new mail address so haven't gotten there yet.

Danaa - I get that with my dog all the time! She is my baby though and I adore her. When the human baby comes I hope I can keep my fur baby included and feeling special. She's gotten me through so many tough times and tears on this TTC journey. Someone told me the other day that I am leaving things a bit late. I just thought mind your own damn business. I know what you mean about family, they try but they just don't get it really.

AFM - So despite no side effects I responded really well to the stims. The doctor counted around 18 follicles on Saturday and most were measuring around 15 - 16mms. He said it couldn't have gone better, so that was encouraging. I was so anxious before and I even told him - I feel nothing, I don't think it's working :rofl: I was extremely tired I must say in the afternoons and he said that's pretty common. I did have a total melt down on Saturday night, insomnia, anxiety, tears. He said it's likely the hormones and he said if I've only had one melt down I am doing pretty well.

I went in for a final scan this morning and my ovaries are ready to go. I trigger tonight and tomorrow is an injection free day (yay!) I go in for my retrieval on Wednesday. DH is getting excited and that is helping me as I start to get a little nervous. Otherwise I am feeling good.

They also measured my progesterone this morning and it's fine to do a fresh transfer - so now all my prayer and focus is on getting some good, strong little healthy embryos so I can transfer this cycle.

Keep me posted on what happens with you girls ok? Thanks for sticking around. Sending you both great vibes!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:33 am

Me2 i had no side effects from my stims and I didn't felt much until my last 2days when I felt bloated but besides that nothing:)) I had 22eggs and 19 of them were mature and in the end I have 9frozen embryos.
I don't get a trial for my transfer either kinda bummed I wish I knew what to expect.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 am

Danaa- My dogs are my babies- they are just such great animals. So full of love and are so in tune with us. They just know when I'm having a bad day. I'm lucky that I don't have anyone in my life telling me that a dog is not the same as a child. People are just crazy!!

Me2- Woo hoo - 18 follies is a great number! How exciting that you are going for your ER on Wednesday and that you are good to go for a fresh transfer. Hoping your "embabies" look good for a day 5 transfer!! Keep us posted. So excited for you girl!! And yes- the IG community is so so great! So many ladies just lifting each other up during this difficult journey. I hope to see you on there :-)

I am surprised that neither of you had a trial transfer. My Doc says it's like his practice run to know exactly where to place the embryos. He goes in with a catheter that has #'s on it so he knows how far in he has to go on the day of transfer. It is very similar to an IUI if you have ever had one of those. For me they have all been pretty painless with the exception of one. Either way- these docs all know what they are doing and you get to see them doing the transfer on the screen as well! :-)

Sending so many positive vibes your way Me2 as you head into ER and Transfer!!

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF