IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:05 am

Me2- Thinking of you today as you head to your doctors appointment. I hope you get the answers you need so that when you are ready to give it another round you are in the best position possible!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby runbaby » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:59 am

Me2 -- Cutting down stress is never the wrong thing to do. I hope you had an informative appointment and are getting the support you need.

Danaa - When is your transfer? I couldn't find it in the thread -- how are you feeling?

Staying - I'm glad things are progressing. The waiting is so hard.

Hope and Panda: Welcome to the thread. Hoping for the best for both of you!

And me... I'm still waiting to get my period so I can schedule my baseline appointment and see if we can proceed with a transfer this cycle. The waiting is killing me, but grad school just started again, so between that and a heavy work load, I'm staying busy.
35 y.o. (DH 36) trying for baby #1
TTC since May 2014 ("not preventing" since Sept 2013)
DH: perfect
Me: hydrosalpinx -- removed Nov 2015, but left a "nub" that fills with fluid every month and presses everything to the right. Ow!! Also anovulatory issues, probably from long history of anorexia, but now fully recovered.
Clomid x8, IUIw/injectables x4, IVF start Aug 2016
runbaby

Postby Danaa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Run i don't have a date yet bcs im waiting for my period and after that I can call the clinic to give me more info.
I think somewhere towards the end of this month if my period shows up on time.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:10 am

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to check in on everyone.

Danaa - did AF arrive and you are on your way?
Run - things looking good for your transfer so far? Has AF arrived?
Staying - are you on track with your baseline for tomorrow? Did AF arrive?
Hope and Panda - how are things going?

Looks like most people are waiting for AF around here :)

Me - I am trying to pull myself out of my funk. Struggling to feel positive I'm afraid. I called my doctor and told him I am not ready to come in and I will when I am. Just can't deal with sitting in that clinic right now.
Started with a new personal trainer this morning - hoping that will lift things a bit and keep my mind off everything for now.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Ladies!!

Me2- A new personal trainer sounds exciting. I hope working out is helping to clear your head and make you feel a little better. It is okay to need some time to get past all that you just went through. It is so important to take some time to take care of ourselves and our bodies. Keeping you in my thoughts!

EOE- I hope you are all doing well!

AFM- AF showed up when expected and I had my baseline today. They sent me home with a whole slew of meds and I start stims tonight. I go back on Thursday for another U/S to see how things are looking and to tweak meds as needed. My IVF journey is FINALLY starting. I honestly still can't believe that it has come to this, but I am trying to stay hopeful that this is going to be it.

Have a great day ladies!

March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:27 am

Yay Staying! That is super exciting!
What meds did you get?
Take one day at a time and keep that hopeful feeling xxx
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Me2! I definitely plan to take it one day at a time- I know that there are so many things that can happen. So I'm treating today as a small victory (no cysts and the okay to start stims- yay!) :-) I'm starting with Gonal-F and Menopur tonight. They also gave me Ganirelix that I will add in later and then they called the pharmacy for my doxcy, progesterone and HCG shot. I may need to buy more ganirelix, but we won't know until we see how things are progressing. I'm so so grateful for all that they donated to us. The cost would have been outrageous otherwise. I was doing all of that worrying for no reason the other day- you were right! What would I do without you? :D

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Me2 a personal trainer sounds heavenly and girl take ur time and enjoy ur life for a few months or weeks,if you have some extra weight lose it and start with a new healthy body,don't be disappointed by ur negative response,the # of women actually succeeding on their first IVF try are very low,sadly IVF is not a sure thing but the good news is that is duable,you can do this!!!WE CAN DO THIS!Pls remind me of this message when and if my transfer fails:))) I will be needing to read these words.
Staying wonderful news!Im so excited for you!!
The cost of the drugs is outrageous,i didn't had a bunch of meds in my protocol cand we still payed like 900e but i still have a Cetrotide shot and the Pregnyl Hcg shot wich I will be donating,probably leave them at the clinic.If you are doing a freah transfer we might be going trough the horrible tww together but im warning you i plan to test starting day5 after my transfer:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Olga1985 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:11 am

Hello. Recently I've found a website with awesome articles, which explains how to use ivf drugs, how to save money if go thru fertility treatment and many other useful fertility information ivfnewssite.wordpress.com
Last edited by Olga1985 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olga1985

Postby Me2please » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks for the support Danaa!
Yes - a few kilos have snuck up on me over the last year or so of TTC. It actually bothered me the last time that I was going into IVF with them but obviously I would rather be pregnant than thin! Anyway - taking these 2 months to get back in shape and ready for IVF #2.
Don't worry I will be here for you every step of the way after transfer!

Staying - glad everything went well - you've jumped the first hurdle. When do you go in for your next scan?

Sending you positive vibes ladies
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 am

Me2 I started a diet in January Bcs I had like 16-17kilos extra and I knew I didn't want to start IVF with that kinda of weight and I lost 15kg so far and if I weren't a lil piggy I could've lost 20kg but i like food too much lol.Im 66,5kg right and now and i want to get to 65kg but I don't know if I can with all the drugs I will be taking for my FET but hey I did good and im feeling very happy about myself.
Staying I hope ur doing alright.
So cd1 today and i called the clinic and im going for a scan on Tuesday and im getting more information then.
This is happening and im scared.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:18 am

Wow Danaa! That's amazing - well done.
I would like to lose about 5kgs before my next IVF - then I will be back down to my wedding weight :)

The excercise and healthy eating is also helping me mentally. It feels like even though I am not pregnant and I am taking a break - I am still being proactive about getting pregnant.

I wanted to ask you ladies - after my little embryos didn't make I am thinking of taking DHEA and CQ10 during this break. I want to ask my doctor about it but still haven't plucked up the courage to go see him. Can you buy it over the counter or is it a prescription thing? Has anyone taken it or know anything about it?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:56 am

Hey Me2- Have you read "It Starts with the Egg"? I would definitely recommend giving that a read. There is a whole chapter in there about C0Q10 and also info about DHEA as well. I am taking COQ10 as part of my regimen. My doctor said it wouldn't hurt anything as it is supposed to improve egg quality. He also said that COQ10 would be better than DHEA. It is not a prescription so you can find it at any vitamin store. There are two different types of COQ10- the more effective one contains ubiquinol and the other type contains ubiquinone which converts to ubiquinol at some point. So if you are going to take it be sure to find a pill form that has the straight up ubiquinol for better absorption or a pill that helps to absorb and convert it quicker. I am currently taking the theralogix brand "NeoQ10" which my doctor recommended. I order it online. But I have searched for COQ10 on amazon before as well and found it there. Hope this helps and definitey give that book a read-it's packed with a lot of great info (some of which you are probably already doing). Hoping you will feel up to seeing your doctor soon so that he can give you some answers and steer you in the right direction for additional supplements and things that you can take. hand in there!!

Danaa- so exciting that CD1 has arrived for you!! I hope your appointment goes well on Tuesday!!

AFM- Today will be day 4 of stims, so I am moving along. So far so good- I'm not feeling a whole lot of anything. I found out on Tuesday that my thyroid numbers were a little high so they have put me on synthroid as well to help get it into a good spot. Had more blood work yesterday and I go back again on Saturday I guess to see how everything is looking and if any changes in meds are needed.

Have a great weekend ladies!

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby runbaby » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:12 am

Staying -- Good luck on your journey. You definitely have the right attitude!
Me2- A personal trainer sounds like a fantastic (and healthy!) way to treat yourself during this stressful time.

I'm scheduled for my FET on October 28. Started AF 9 (NINE!!!) days ago and she still keeps a'flowin'. I usually have four days of bleeding. My nurse told me this is normal after egg retrieval because my lining was so built up. It's so annoying though. My husband and I haven't been intimate (because of the discomfort of stimming, and now my elongated period) for over a month. I'm almost happy we have to wait until October 28th for the FET because it'll give us some time to make up for what we've been missing :rofl:
In other news, a friend of mine just had bad news about her IVF. I won't go into details, but what struck me is that she said her husband is her "rock." I thought about it, and my husband, though I adore him, is more of a volcano. He has a slow drip of negativity, and then explodes at every setback. He's not abusive or anything (far from it), he's just a very emotional person with a hot temper. I feel like I have to be the rock in our relationship. I've told him this, but it's his inherent personality and pretty much unchangeable. I'm more fearful of his reaction of this doesn't work, than of this not working. I hate to see him so upset.
What are your relationships like? Can anyone relate?
35 y.o. (DH 36) trying for baby #1
TTC since May 2014 ("not preventing" since Sept 2013)
DH: perfect
Me: hydrosalpinx -- removed Nov 2015, but left a "nub" that fills with fluid every month and presses everything to the right. Ow!! Also anovulatory issues, probably from long history of anorexia, but now fully recovered.
Clomid x8, IUIw/injectables x4, IVF start Aug 2016
runbaby

Postby Danaa » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Run my husband is like a volcano,he told the doctor he won't pay any cent extra if is needed lol,he asked the doc at the first apoiment how much will this cost and warned the doc(in a nice way )that he won't pay any extra outside the amount needed,he is very silly,we had some heated disputes Bcs of teh waiting time at the clinic and stupid stuff like that,he is not abusive in any way.
He doesn't really show too much emotions and I honestly don't feel like he is my "rock " during these times,I know he wants a baby as much as I do but he doesn't get consummated by this process and he doesn't really baby me so to speak,he gives me my space and won't really talk about feelings and emotions.
I like that he strong and doesn't get "defeated " by all this but i would have loved for him to "suffer " with me when needed.
Honestly I'm afraid that if this won't work he won't agree with onother try.
Men process things differently.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF