IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: IVF NEWBIE- 1ST IVF CYCLE TO START IN AUG- Any Buddies?

Postby runbaby » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Danaa, thank you for your reply. You're absolutely right, men (and everyone, really) process these things differently. I think it's great that you can recognize that. Communication is so important.
35 y.o. (DH 36) trying for baby #1
TTC since May 2014 ("not preventing" since Sept 2013)
DH: perfect
Me: hydrosalpinx -- removed Nov 2015, but left a "nub" that fills with fluid every month and presses everything to the right. Ow!! Also anovulatory issues, probably from long history of anorexia, but now fully recovered.
Clomid x8, IUIw/injectables x4, IVF start Aug 2016
runbaby

Postby Me2please » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:06 am

Hi Ladies,

Hope you guys are all well. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing?

Run - that's exciting about October! I am going to do my IVF #2 in October so maybe we will be around the same time (if I get to a fresh transfer again.)

My DH is amazing but he's far from perfect. Men definitely process differently. With me it's all immediate and tears and emotion that I always wish he would join and with him it's always a delayed reaction that comes out in anger like 2 weeks after the thing has happened. I think we have learned alot about each other throughout this process!

Staying - hope you are chugging along there lady. I saw some updates in IG - you are doing great!

Danaa - sending you all the love. Not long to to go!

Have a great week ladies xxx
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:13 pm

I had my first apoiment and I started cyclacur,prednisone,baby aspirin,folic acid today,next apoiment is Tuesday and my estimated transfer day is the first day of October.
I hope everyone is doing wonderful.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:11 am

Hi Ladies,

Danaa - that is so exciting that you have your date! 1st of October is such a good one - lots of number 1's for a new beginning.

How is everyone?

I am just hanging around waiting for AF. I have no idea when to expect her. The clinic told me to count the first day of bleeding at the first day of my cycle but I was spotting for a few days before. I normally spot and count that as day 1 so right now I am 1 day late according but probably a few days early still if it's only from full flow.

Once AF arrives I will be heading to the doctor for next month's plan. I think he's planning to tweak a few things so we will see.

Hope all is well and have a lovely weekend.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 am

Me2 happy to hear from you and I do hope that AF arrived and you can have ur apoiment.
Staying are u ok lady?Update pls.
Ladies I have a question,i will be using vaginal progesterone and I was wondering if the day of the transfer I will use it before or after the transfer?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:44 am

Danaa - not sure for FET but for me I was already on progesterone for the transfer from right after ER - I was told to use rectally (sorry) morning and evening of transfer instead of vaginally so as not to block the cervix with anything. Also my doasage increased after transfer. Hope that helps!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:51 am

Me2 nothing is tmi here anymore don't worry.I will be on progesterone 5days before the transfer.I found posts online where they said that the doc recommend that the progesterone should be used on the back door lol.ty for answering.
I guess I will know more when the transfer is close.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:02 am

Danaa - I just did that anyway to be honest. The nurses advised that it was way less messy and they were right.

I actually really like the progesterone too - I know that's weird, but my skin was amazing when I was on it and I didn't get the constipation etc.

AF arrived yesterday with a bang. I could hardly walk it was so painful :cry: Anyway, need to get this appointment done so I can start prepping for October IVF hopefully.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:33 am

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for being MIA- the past week has been a whirlwind between ER and work being just absolutely crazy. I have not had a minute to pop on.

Run- I hope all is well with you!

Danaa- Great news about your transfer date!! I saw your question about progesterone suppositories- so I'm currently using them vaginally as well (morning and bedtime). I was told that the day of transfer not to insert the progesterone until after the transfer is over. They want me to bring it with me to the hospital I'm guessing so that I can insert it right after the transfer. Hope this helps, but I have heard some ladies say their docs told them to take it rectally the day of transfer- you should ask your doc what they want you to do.

Me2- so sorry to hear that AF has arrived and brutally, but you are one step closer to your new plan! As I said on IG, I just have a feeling this will be your time!! :-)

AFM- So I had my ER on Friday- They retrieved 8 eggs. I was disappointed in that number but did my best to stay positive about it and just really hoped that they would all mature and fertilize. Saturday they called and told me that out of the 8 eggs, 6 matured and 5 were fertilized. Not a bad ratio if you think about it. By the end of the day on Saturday I was feeling super bloated and almost had a breakdown thinking that I was getting OHSS and that my fresh transfer would be cancelled. I upped my gatorade and coconut water intake and the bloating went down significantly yesterday. Feeling much better today- still continuing on with boat loads of fluids to keep my body flushed. My doc just called a few minutes ago to tell me that my tentative 3 day transfer (which was supposed to be today) has been moved to Wednesday! I am so happy that my embabies are doing well enough to warrant a day 5 transfer (yay!). Just keeping my fingers crossed that all 5 continue to progress in a positive way. That's all I have for now.

Have a great day ladies- will check back in when I have some more time!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:02 am

Staying - I know we chatted on IG but that is great news! I know it's hard not to get caught up in the numbers but at the end of the day it's quality not quantity that counts! Hoping you get a very positive call in the morning.

AFM - Ladies, I am really struggling at the moment. I am just feeling totally lost and alone and completely helpless. I told DH last night that I feel like I am ready to give up. I just worry that I will go through all of this with no baby at the end and it would have been a total waste of years of my life. I am just feeling so depressed.

I am not sure what is best to do - if I should step away from the whole situation for a while (including the forums and IG) or if I should push through for this next cycle. I am not sure if my body is even ready for another IVF after the hell of this period I am having and I desperately need to see my doctor.
It also hasn't helped that my DH is absolutely swamped at the moment - his business is booming which is great and we are so grateful but it's loads of late nights and weekends at the moment I am home alone often, plus my dog's been in hospital for 2 weeks so even lonlier. DH is pretty stressed out, so it's not a good time to talk about TTC and I have no idea when he can fit the doctor in - definitely not this week. I am constantly feeling like I am going to burst into tears at the moment.

Sorry for the long, sad vent. I also just feel like I have no one to talk to at the moment so I guess it's all pouring out here. I don't mean to be a downer ladies - I'm sorry.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:44 am

Staying that is wonderful news,I'm really happy to hear about ur transfer day.
Your eggies have been good 5 out of 8 is great,but im a bit worried why did you got so little eggs,was teh stimulation drugs not suited for you?Is ur AMH?!
Ofc is not the number that counts is the quality but i don't wish for no one to go trough this whole process again.
Fx for ur transfer.
Me2 hugs,I know is hard,I know you feel like it won't work and you feel alone but ur not alone,I'm here,i can help you get trough this and we will do this together.
Taking some time off is wonderful and you should do it but first go see ur doc and have the WTF conversation now that the events are recent and he can remember more stuff.
Have you considered changing the clinic?!
You can vent and let off steam as much as you want here.Hugs and stay positive,you can do this,we are stronger than we think.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:01 am

Danaa- Not everyone gets a bunch of eggs. I have done a lot of research about IVF and have read a few articles saying that if someone gets a crazy number like 28 or so that most of them will not be good eggs. Ive seen ladies on here quote retrieving a ton of eggs and ending up with none to freeze. When we first started this process my doctor said from day one that we are going to shoot for 8-15 eggs and I was in everyday for blood work and as my levels increased, they lowered my doses of meds. Honestly I am happy they did this because the absolute last thing I would want is to get OHSS and be stuck waiting around to actually do a transfer. Your comment hurt a little when this is supposed to be a community of encouragement/support. I would have loved to retrieve 15 eggs, but that is just not what my body was able to give me. Maybe my age has something to do with it, maybe I have beginning stages of DOR, I don't know. But what I do know is that I am staying positive that all 5 of my eggs are high quality and that I won't have to go through this process again.

Me2- I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now and feeling so alone. I completely understand your feelings of wasting time out of your life and possibly ending up with no baby. I too, have had these feelings on more than one occasion. I am just an instant message away on IG if you ever want to talk through anything. I think you should take some time to really figure out how you want to proceed. As I said the other day- you need to take the time to take care of yourself in all aspects- mind, body and soul. If you worry that right now is too stressful to get started on another IVF cycle or that your body is not ready to do it again, then take that extra month. Maybe only go in for your WTF appointment to hear what the doctor thinks and what he recommends as far as a protocol change goes. Then when November comes around you may be feeling fresh and ready to get back into the whole TTC game and already know what your docs plan is. Maybe your DH's job will have calmed down a bit and your precious pup will be home from the hospital and there to brighten your day a bit. This journey is so hard and as much as we talk it out with others on here or IG, all of our journies are different in so many ways and only you will know what is best for you. Hang in there! Sending so many virtual hugs your way.

I hope everyone else is doing great!!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 am

Staying i spent the last 3h thinking and feeling about that i somehow ofended you and honestly i still don't see what I did wrong.
I APOLOGIZE IF I OFENDED YOU WITH MY POSTS!
I never tried or wanted to offend anyone on here,im so atached to each and everyone of you girls and i care so much that we al get pregnant in the end and this hard time to be over.
I was simply asking some questions Bcs i feel like a sponge who tries to absorb as much information as possible and having this opportunity of going trough this whole process with other women who are doing different protocols and are having a different approach for IVF is amazing and I want to learn from this all.
Most doctors try to get as much eggs as possible and that is why i asked you the questions,it wasn't bcs I felt you didn't do good enough or anything like that.
Having lots of eggs doesn't mean they are all good plus sperm quality influences the embryos and the quality.
Same as you I read tons of stuff regarding IVF and FET.
Also there is nothing wrong with waiting a cycle or two to have ur transfer.
These forums are for support and sharing informations and this is what I try to achieve every time I come here.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby runbaby » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:31 am

Me2 - I hope you feel better soon. I totally understand the sudden onset of depression. It's a journey, and there will be good times and bad. Is there still a possibility for an October transfer?

Staying -- You and I have nearly identical numbers. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 6 were mature, and 5 fertilized. I understand feeling hurt by Danaa's comment (which, I'm sure, was not intentional), but my RE actually mentioned my numbers were "lower than expected" so I also understand Danaa's concern/curiosity. Like you said, everyone is different. Besides, I know this is overstated, but it really only takes one! I wish you so much luck.

Danaa -- I don't know about starting the progesterone immediately. We did after IUI, and will after this transfer, but I'm sure every protocol is different. It's always best to ask. Have you ever taken it before? As a warning, it can be a rough medication. The vaginal suppository has actually been my least favorite drug thus far. It made me feel really sick, and the clumpy/nastiness was difficult to deal with at times. However I do know some women who prefer it over the shots. I hate it so much, I actually requested to take progesterone shots twice a day rather than using it! I'll be curious as to what you think of it.

AFM -- I'm just knee deep in the waiting game. I'm on bcp now, starting Lupron next week. Then I'll (hopefully) get a period early October, and then the real fun starts. Work has been the hardest struggle for me. I'm a NICU nurse and have decided it's one of the worse jobs to have while going through all this. I love my job, but instead of being able to escape to work, I'm entrenched in babies, pregnancy, parents who perhaps aren't winning "parent of the year" awards... and everything that can go wrong every step of the way. It's tough.
35 y.o. (DH 36) trying for baby #1
TTC since May 2014 ("not preventing" since Sept 2013)
DH: perfect
Me: hydrosalpinx -- removed Nov 2015, but left a "nub" that fills with fluid every month and presses everything to the right. Ow!! Also anovulatory issues, probably from long history of anorexia, but now fully recovered.
Clomid x8, IUIw/injectables x4, IVF start Aug 2016
runbaby

Postby Danaa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Run if I won't be able to deal with vaginal progesterone I will surely switch to injectables.
We shall see.
Good luck to you on this journey I hope you get ur bfp!!
This is my last post on here,im an open,honest,blunt type of poster and i don't think i can change that,I like to offer and ask informations and i like to offer my personal opinions but i would never try to bring ofense to any of you.
Good luck to all of you and Fx for a BFP and a sticky baby.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF