Fall IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Fall IVF

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi Ladies (and the occasional gentleman)

I wanted to see if there were some other folks out there who want to share a forum to talk about their experiences to come on the rollercoaster that is a new IVF cycle in these fall months.

If you feel like joining in, just say a quick "Hi" and anything about you that seems pertinent, and your (general guess of) timeline for egg retrieval and transfer.

I myself had a poor turnout from what started as a great egg retrieval in July of this past summer (24 eggs collected, and only 2 surviving to Blastocysts) which were frozen and then transferred in early September, which unfortunately didn't take. My DH and I will be trying again, at a new clinic, with egg retrieval probably sometime in October, and a Frozen transfer hopefully in November.
Although I'm no expert by any means, just experiencing one round has left me feeling much more prepared for this next round, and I'm more than happy to answer any questions I'm able.
Let's hope this Autumn brings lots of Summer '17 babies!
Me, 32; Mild Endo, cystic ovaries, wonky hormones
DH, 32; High count, low motility % and low morphology
TTC #1 since Summer '15

IUI with Clomid(100mg), Estridol - April 2016 - BFN
IVF/FET #1- July/August/September - 2 embryo transfer -
BFN with no frozen embryos left
IVF/FET #2- November/December - Single embryo transfer scheduled for Dec 21st!
5dpt BFP! Beta #1 9dpo: 39.9; Beta #2 12dpo 135!
m/c at 7 weeks.
FET#3 scheduled for March 14th
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Fall IVF

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 am

i just wanted to wish you good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:07 am

Hi Puddles,

I also recently went through my first IVF - a great retrieval - 15 eggs collected - 12 mature - 10 fertilized which were all doing well at day 3. From there we only landed up with 2 x 5 day blasts to transfer and nothing to freeze - which then ended in a chemical pregnancy. The whole thing actually knocked me flying in a delayed reaction kind of way. I am only scheduled to see my doctor this week (it was meant to be this morning but was moved to tomorrow) for the WTF because I just couldn't stand thinking about any of it. I have been totally depressed and despondent about this working for us. Our problem is severe MFI due to a blockage from a hernia operation a few years back.

I am also hoping to a second IVF on my October / November cycle if my doctor agrees but if we really decided to change clinics then not sure if that will delay things.

May I ask what propelled you to change clinics? My DH has brought up the idea of changing a few times. He's never been wild about our doctor but he just feels a change might give us a better outcome. I worry that changing will just cause us more trouble than staying. What were your thoughts on changing?
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby johnnyswifey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Puddles!!!! I'm glad you're jumping back in!!!! Hey Girl! :mrgreen:
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Hey Me 2, and welcome to the group/I'm sorry your last cycle ended with a chemical pregnancy/I've got fingers crossed for your next cycle!

I decided to get a second opinion with another doctor for a few reasons. We were a bit rushed into some decisions...once we decided to move forward, there were a few things that our Doctor took some short cuts with or handled in a way that wasn't what we expected or wasn't satisfactory. Up until that point, I kept thinking and catching myself saying aloud "If this results in a healthy baby, I guess I'll be glad we did this, but if it doesn't, I don't think I'll be very happy with this experience"...I guess what I mean by that is a healthy baby would have made all the times we felt passed over, less important, or like our concerns weren't being heard worth it, but I knew that if we didn't end up pregnant that I wouldn't just feel like "Oh, well, we gave it our best shot with a great doctor"
When we didn't end up with a positive, I figured I'd give our doctor the benefit of the doubt and see what he had to say at our WTF appointment. Unfortunately the appointment was aweful. He accused me of not taking my metformin, administering my stim meds incorrectly, having bad eggs...then backtracking and saying that my eggs looked perfect under a microscope, that I responded beautifully to the stim meds, and that DHs sperm was ideal for the procedure. After all that, I said "So...you're telling me I'm a medical mystery?" And he said "Yes....I don't know why this didn't result the way we wanted...we'll get it right next time!" So I said "Well...what would you do differently that makes you feel like the next cycle will be better?" And he said "We'll play it by ear"...that was the last straw, and when I knew I at least wanted to consult with another doctor. As soon as I walked into the consultation at another clinic I felt like it was a completely different world of medicine and care. I really hope that this new clinic and doctor are as great as they seemed (as I've only met them the one time)

I feel like once you start to feel like you aren't getting great care with a provider it starts to mess with your head and how you feel when you walk into their office. Especially with fertility medicine, you need to have hope that it's going to work and faith in your doctor that they're taking the best care of you. If you start to lose either of those, I think it's worth it to check in with another care provider and see if you get a better feeling from them.

That's all just my experience with one doctor...but if you don't have any embryos frozen with them, then you *really* don't have any ties to that clinic...go check out someone else and see how it feels!!

Best of luck, let me know what you end up doing, and fingers crossed!!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Hey JohnnysWifey!!!
How's it going!?!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby johnnyswifey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Going well! Check out my post in the other group!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 am

Thank you Puddles for the welcome and the response. That experience does sound extremely frustrating and I think you did the right thing by moving. Good luck for this next cycle!

As it happens my doctor is on leave so I was put in with another doctor. At my clinic they all work together. We had great news on DH's sperm count - it has jumped from next to nothing to 6 million with 100 000 motile on our IVF day - which means we can start freezing. This is huge for us and has restored my faith in the world :) My frustration with my own doctor is he told me none of this all the times I went in there after retrieval!

The doctor recommends a lap for me - there is now suspected mild endo that needs to either be cleaned up or ruled out before another IVF. There is a question mark over why my embryos didn't make it with good sperm and a good number of eggs. I am considering making a move to this doctor permanently as I have realized why he is so busy. For me it's not that I felt we got the wrong care - it's more a communication, bedside manner kind of thing. My doctor never called when he said he would and when we went into see him it was always wishy washy. He never said a word to us about the sperm count boost either (our first count was so low they couldn't even tell us the number other then there were 2 motile!) I feel like that was a really important piece of information for us. This morning was so thorough and informative - it was a totally different experience.

I have booked a lap in the mean time - will go in and see him when he is back and make the decision from there, so for now staying at the clinic - possibly a different doctor. :)
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby blessed1103 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 am

Hello Everyone,

I had a successful ivf in 2014, and we're ready for baby #2. So we tried FET#1 in July, and it failed. Then FET#2 in September. I went ahead and tested and got positive on 5dp5dt. But I'm afraid the lines are not getting much darker. Maybe because I'm testing different times of the day or I was more hydrated at some times. Now I'm freaking out that I may end up with chemical pregnancy. Please take a look at my hpt lines...what do you ladies think? Today is 12dp5dt. My beta is tomorrow, and I'm really scared....I have so much respect for all women that go through IVF/FET cycles. It's very tough both physically and emotionally.
Attachments
image1 (4).JPG
image1 (4).JPG (66.17 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
blessed1103

Postby Mrshope » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Good Afternoon,

I did my first IVF cycle last July and ended up pregnant with my son, whom is 6 months now : ) I was an over achiever, they collected I believe 33 eggs and I ended up with 20 day 5 embryos. I started the process for a FET in September and had my transfer on 10/04 (yesterday) This time around things are very different, my first cycle I did everything perfectly and followed all the instructions to a T. Now that I have my son, I constantly forget to take my estradiol, my prenatal : / I even took my antibiotics a day late, boy I am a mess. With that being said the rest period was perfection last year, this year Im still tending to my son. He needs to be held by mama and it has been impossible to stay in bed laying down.

Anyone have similar experiences and still get pregnant? I am worried that I didn't rest enough as instructed and I may have blown it : /

Thanks in advance and btw I can't remember how to change/update my signature :shock: :shock:
TTC Since 2007
Me: 30, Tubal Problem
DH: 32, Perfect
Over the years my different treatments have been: Clomid, Injectables, Injectables with IUI
IVF #1: July 2015
Started BCP: 06/07
Started Stims: 06/25 Gonal F and Menopur – Responded too well to meds, was started on Ganirelex to slow growth
Coasted a few days then triggered with Lupron on 07/06
Egg Retrieval: 07/08
Follicles: 48
Eggs: 33
Mature Eggs: 30
Fertilized with ICSI: 26
Blasts that made it to day 5: 20
ET: 7/13 – 2 perfect 5 day blasts transferred
Froze: 18

Beta 8dp5dt: 7/21- 264
Beta 10dp5dt: 7/23- 602
Beta 24dp5dt: 08/06- 49,619
US #1: 08/12 one fetal heartbeat confirmed
U.S #2: 08/19 baby measuring 8 weeks and healthy
Mrshope

Postby MGK5 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Ladies! I'm starting IVF this cycle. Currently in the BCP timeframe which ends next week. My clinic does a mock transfer which is tomorrow and then I begin the injections. We've had three full rounds of IUI with no success, and been TTC-ing for almost three years. We're going into IVF with a lot of hope and optimism.

Good luck to all you ladies!
MGK5

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi ladies!
Blessed...those all look like nice strong positives to me...however I've never had they eye for progression. I'd say keep your chin and hopes up. How did your beta go today?
Hi MrsHope! Congrats on your baby boy! And fingers crossed for this Fet. What are the chances someone could take over a bit with your son so you can rest a bit during these few days? I think physically you're probably OK to do less bed rest than you did last time (you're a lot busier this time around!!) but I think if you can give yourself the mental edge of peace of mind that you're following doctors orders by taking it easy that that would be good. Regardless, maybe keep in mind that lots of ladies skip bed rest or have docs that don't even recommend it at all that get their positives. Regardless, I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Hi MGK!! With luck on my part we may be close in our schedules!! (Waiting on some insurance stuff to clear before we officially get started)
Best of luck to you!!!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MGK5 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi Ladies! how is everyone?

I am about to start my stims today. Just got my pile of drugs in the mail. My clinic does an injection training class and it really hit me - how all-consuming this process will be. I'm excited and nervous, and we are both praying for a good outcome.

How are you all doing? Any updates?
MGK5

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Hey MGK!
I'm excited for you!! It gets super real super fast!
I've been in talks with my doc, and it looks like I'm set to start stims on October 31st, so it's coming up! I'm excited to get started, but also thankful for the 2 weeks before to get some ducks in a row.
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:53 pm

I hope I can join you ladies.
After chemical pregnancy or an early misscariage i don't know how to classify it really,im hoping to start a new cycle soon.
Good luck to all of you!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF