Fall IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Fall IVF

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:05 am

My beta is scheduled for Wednesday morning, but I almost don't see the point. I POAS at 5dpt and got a stark BFN, and while I have not tested since, I am sure that if I tested again it would be the same. No symptoms, even from the supplements. Wondering if I should just stop now and let AF show up all the sooner. With the coming holidays I am not sure if I will have to wait to do a FET of our lone frozen embryo, or if we can squeeze it in somehow this month. Wishing baby dust on you all.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:49 am

Hey Em.
While I will tell you that a positive is still possible, I will also confess that I felt the exact same way after our first try. I'm sorry, I know that you feel pretty bummed out...and I also completely understand the feeling of just wanting to hurry up so you can get started with the next cycle (which I think is an *incredibly* healthy way to feel in this circumstance!!)
Is there a nurse or doctor that you feel especially comfortable with at your clinic that you could call or email and ask if you could move your beta up and why? You may want to POAS one more time, just since it has been a while.

I'm sorry that you're going into the holidays this way...but I also want you to know that this isn't over until it's over, and even then, there's always the next cycle. Good luck, friend.
Me, 32; Mild Endo, cystic ovaries, wonky hormones
DH, 32; High count, low motility % and low morphology
TTC #1 since Summer '15

IUI with Clomid(100mg), Estridol - April 2016 - BFN
IVF/FET #1- July/August/September - 2 embryo transfer -
BFN with no frozen embryos left
IVF/FET #2- November/December - Single embryo transfer scheduled for Dec 21st!
5dpt BFP! Beta #1 9dpo: 39.9; Beta #2 12dpo 135!
m/c at 7 weeks.
FET#3 scheduled for March 14th
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:14 pm

It's been pretty quiet around here...how is everyone doing?
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Doodlemae » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey puddles...I am waiting for my next period to hopefully do my FET. Meeting with the doc on Dec. 6th to sign some consent forms and get some info on the next step. Expecting AF around the middle of December so I will have more to chat about then! How are you doing? Are you still experiencing symptoms of ohss?
Me 28
DH 38- varying count and motility
TTC 2 years
6/16 IUI #1 50 mg clomid BFN
7/16 IUI #2 100 mg clomid cancelled
8/16 IUI #3 100 mg clomid BFN

October 2016 IVF-ICSI #1
11/7- 26 eggs retrieved
11/12- 4 blastocysts frozen
Transfer cancelled OHSS risk

FET scheduled for 3/26!

Transferred a 3AA blast on 3/26 :D
Doodlemae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Hey Doodle,
I'm feeling 100% better. AF showed this morning, so I'm excited to get started with this cycle!!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby EmWaz78 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks Puddles.
I am bummed, but my Dr said I can go ahead and go right into a new fresh cycle. I just have to email my nurse and financial advisor and get going with that. I won't start stims until the week between Christmas and the New Year, but I think that should work out. At least I know what I am getting into this time. AF showed up yesterday and she's angry. I actually took some of the pain meds they gave me for ER that I didn't need before. Glad we filled that prescription anyway!
How's everyone else doing? Anyone have ER or transfer coming up?
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby furbabymom » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Doodle - that's exciting! Let us know how it goes on the 6th

Em- glad to hear that you can move right into a fresh cycle. I'm sure it will be nice to be off stims for a few weeks.

Had an appointment with my RE today. We were able to sign consent, but, looks like we will not be able to start my protocol at the start of my upcoming cycle. During my saline ultrasound they thought the may have seen "something" they thought maybe a polyp, so I assumed it was the same polyp I had during my previous cycle. The doctor wants to complete another saline ultrasound but this time the doctor herself will compete the procedure using a tiny camera to see if she can determine if there is an issue with my uterus. The good news is that she is going to put me on birth control pills at the start of my next cycle so she can manipulate my cycle, that way if she doesn't find anything she can take me off the pills so I get AF again and can start protocols. If she does find something she said she will keep my on birth control and take me off once I'm good to go. So I'm back to the waiting.....
Me: 35
Hubster: 44
TTC since October 2013 - unexplained infertility

IUI #1 -3: 2014 Gonal-F, ovidrel trigger - BFN

IVF#1 1/15 BCP, Gonal-F & Lupron
ER 2/17/15 16 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, day 5 transferred one EBAA 5 frosties
FRER 2/27 5dp5dt BFP
Beta 1 3/4 207.5
Beta 2 3/6 537

It's a girl! Everleigh Rose born 10/20/2015

Trying for number 2!
FET #1
1/19 Transfer of 5 day EB
1/23 Positive FRER
1/30 Beta 1: 385
2/1 Beta 2: 747

furbabymom
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:49 pm

Em, I know you must be disappointed, but I'm glad you've got a plan in place that you're excited about. Fingers crossed.

Fur baby, I bet that next cycle feels like forever from now to you...I hope that it moves along quickly and that the precaution of another saline US doesn't set you back too far.

I'm not sure I've mentioned in this thread, but in the middle of my last IVF cycle my Mother was diagnosed with a nasty brain tumor...she is handling it all like a champ and doing better than all of her doctors thought she would be doing, but her overall prognosis is a bit grim. When I changed doctors, I told my new doctor about my mothers diagnosis, and in short told her that, while I'm normally a patient person, I just want to have a healthy baby as soon as possible so my mother can have as much time as possible with her grandchild (which is a big thing for my mom)...after I got AF a few days ago my doctor and nurse talked some stuff over, and are trying to fast track me a little bit so that (if my body is ready for it!) they can do my transfer before the lab closes for the Christmas and new year holiday instead of waiting another month. So tomorrow, I'm going in for a baseline u/s to see if my ovaries have quieted down enough since retrieval. If they're calm, I can skip the BC phase, and just go straight to FET prep with a dec 21st date for transfer. However, if the ultrasound tomorrow shows that my ovaries are still pretty active after all, then I'll start BC and wait until mid January.
I know everyone doing IVF wants to do everything as fast as possible...but if y'all could cross your fingers that I can skip this BC phase, it would be amazing to be one step closer to making my mama a grandma!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby EmWaz78 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am

Puddles, best of luck to you!

After being in contact with my office I have learned that because insurance has to be re-approved Jan 1, I can't actually begin until after the new year. I am going to just take this month and get through the holidays, and hopefully be back on bcp right at the beginning of Jan. It will give me a chance to save a bit more money for our next cycle and to just enjoy the holiday. I don't need to repeat any testing once we get started, so it should be a smooth cycle in Jan/Feb.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 am

Hey Em...that almost seems like a blessing in disguise! I'm sure you want to move forward with your cycle, but I'm also glad you're going to get to enjoy the holidays with one less thing to worry about!

To Em, and all the rest, It's almost time to shift to a winter board! There is a "Christmas Miracle/December" board I've been on as well, but do you girls want to start a New Years or Winter board to move to?
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Doodlemae » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am

Hey Ladies! Looks like we are all just moving along with some speed bumps in the road! I met with my RE on Tuesday to sign some FET consent forms and go over my protocol. I am waiting on AF, which should be here by the middle of the month, to start. Apparently my viral screen is running out in January so for insurance reasons, RE wanted to give me the best shot at not having a cancelled cycle due to early ovulation. He switched my protocol from estradiol, progesterone gel and baby asprin to just the progesterone gel and baby asprin. He said that taking out the estradiol is better for me because it lessens the chance of early ovulation. They will just monitor me closely and go by my bodys natural cycle paying attention to when my levels surge. My normal RE is on maternity leave so this is the first time I met with this doc. I seemed to feel comfortable with his suggestions but question why they even use the estradiol in the first place? Ahh! I hope that is the right protocol for me, has anyone heard of this?

Puddles-I am up for either switching to the Christmas Miracle/December board or starting a New Years board. It looks like my potential transfer will be at the very end of December or Early January so I will be right on the cusp!
Me 28
DH 38- varying count and motility
TTC 2 years
6/16 IUI #1 50 mg clomid BFN
7/16 IUI #2 100 mg clomid cancelled
8/16 IUI #3 100 mg clomid BFN

October 2016 IVF-ICSI #1
11/7- 26 eggs retrieved
11/12- 4 blastocysts frozen
Transfer cancelled OHSS risk

FET scheduled for 3/26!

Transferred a 3AA blast on 3/26 :D
Doodlemae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Hey girls...just to give us a new start, I'm going to start "Winter IVF for Summer/Fall babies"

I hope everyone is doing well!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Previous

Return to IVF