Fall IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Fall IVF

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:31 am

16 mature and fertilized! Cross your fingers that we get a couple of excellent blastos!
Me, 32; Mild Endo, cystic ovaries, wonky hormones
DH, 32; High count, low motility % and low morphology
TTC #1 since Summer '15

IUI with Clomid(100mg), Estridol - April 2016 - BFN
IVF/FET #1- July/August/September - 2 embryo transfer -
BFN with no frozen embryos left
IVF/FET #2- November/December - Single embryo transfer scheduled for Dec 21st!
5dpt BFP! Beta #1 9dpo: 39.9; Beta #2 12dpo 135!
m/c at 7 weeks.
FET#3 scheduled for March 14th
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MGK5 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:02 pm

All - just wanted to give you an update before I bowed out of this group.

I started to bleed at 8dp5dt. It was brownish so I chalked it up to implantation bleeding and got happy. It was not spotting - but because it was largely brown - I was concerned but read that it happens sometimes. It continued for 4 days. By the 4th day, I knew that there could be no way that I was pregnant as my flow was heavy, and cramps were very unusual.

Needless to say I tested negative. They don't believe its a chemical because there was no hcg at all. They tested nearly 14dp5dt so somewhere deep down I feel that even if the embryo implanted, it was out of my body after 4 days of moderate to heavy bleeding.

Our clinic makes us wait a cycle so I likely wouldn't have an FET before Jan or later. I'm trying to focus on the positive - frozen embryos, the ability to be in a better place in life (mentally), giving my body a rest from the hormones, and hopefully less work stress. Its not easy, and I've thought a lot before coming here and telling you my news.

Good luck to all of you. Hope for BFPs for all of you !

Happy thanksgiving and holidays!
MGK5

Postby EmWaz78 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Ladies! I have been waiting to post because I was super nervous about making it to today's 5dt! Of my 8 eggs, 7 were mature and 5 fertilized normally. By day 2 we still had all 5, but I was still a nervous wreck. Today we transferred one absolutely perfect AA blast. We were going to do 2 but the quality was so good that the Dr recommended we just do the one. We will know in a few days how many were able to be frozen. I am so excited and hopeful! Heading to the movies with DH now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Doodlemae » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:47 pm

Puddles- those numbers are awesome! Happy for you. Rooting for lots of quality freezeable embies! How are you feeling?

MGK- I am so sorry to hear that news! Hang in there! You have some beautiful frosty embies! I know the let down of testing negative but there is still plenty of hope! I was not able to do my transfer due to risk of ohss so I had to freeze all. My clinic was very optimistic about FETs and said there is tons of reasearch with better success rates. Now your body can recover and hopefully relax. I only had 4 that made it to freeze. A lot of us in this group are doing FETs within the next couple of months so stay with us!! I have AF now and won't be able to do the FET until my next cycle so I'm assuming the end of December early January. Keep your head up..your body worked really hard to make those eggs and maybe just needs a little recovery time! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Emwaz- congrats on the transfer of your perfect little embie!! Now the lovely wait begins! Fingers crossed for you!!!!
Me 28
DH 38- varying count and motility
TTC 2 years
6/16 IUI #1 50 mg clomid BFN
7/16 IUI #2 100 mg clomid cancelled
8/16 IUI #3 100 mg clomid BFN

October 2016 IVF-ICSI #1
11/7- 26 eggs retrieved
11/12- 4 blastocysts frozen
Transfer cancelled OHSS risk

FET scheduled for 3/26!

Transferred a 3AA blast on 3/26 :D
Doodlemae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:25 am

MGK, I'm so sorry that this transfer wasn't the one.
Take all the time you need to feel the things you need to feel, enjoy the holiday season and I have the highest hopes for you that 2017 will be your year.
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:28 am

I got the first message from our embryologist that we have 16 mature and fertilized embryos. We should get a "check in" from them again tomorrow to let us know how they're doing, and then the "big call" on Wednesday on how many 5 or 6 day blastos they were able to freeze. So cross your fingers for us!! I'm really hoping that I don't ever need to do another egg retrieval!!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:21 pm

We got our 3-day embryo check-in and ALL 16 of our fertilized embies are still around and kicking! 14 "very good" and 2 "fair" quality! (I'm not sure what scale they're using, so I'm not exactly sure what that means coming from this lab) but for now I'm thrilled!! I'm hopeful that we don't lose too many in the next few days, but I'm just so thankful for this number...especially since our last retrieval started with 24 eggs and only resulted in 2 not great quality embryos that didn't take. So cross your fingers for me that this batch has some staying power!!

I'm starting to feel back to normal-ish, but I still feel like my abdomen is huge and hard. If I take an extra deep breath my lungs hurt, but my nurse said it was ok as long as it didn't get any worse. A sure sign of some OHSS, but I'm trying to flush that swelling out, and I think it's getting better.
I'm a little bummed because my husband (who isn't a naturally good caregiver when people are sick) has been busy with work and hasn't been super attentive. He's a great dude, but he's just not intuitive when I feel crummy. But now that I'm feeling better and some of the hormonal cloud is lifting, I realize he's doing his best.

How's everyone else doing?
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby EmWaz78 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:51 am

Going a little crazy today. This tww is no joke. During my IUI cycles, I struggled a bit, but not like this. Today I am feeling all sorts of emotional and trying hard to hold onto hope that is slipping, though for no real reason. Feeling extra thirsty, and also using the restroom frequently, but nothing else going on. How's everyone doing?
Last edited by EmWaz78 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Hey Em!
Tww after transfer is no joke, but I feel like most women don't have to wait very long before they "know"...keep your fluids up and take it easy this week. Meditation is a *good* thing!

As for me, I was graduated from mild to moderate OHSS today by my doc
I'm having a bit of trouble catching my breath, and I've started peeing a little less...so if I don't improve, or get much worse I'm supposed to go to the emergency dept. and have them drain some fluid.
This is of course complicated by the holiday week, and my whole family is going to the beach this week. The doc said if it requires a ferry ride to get to where we're staying I wasn't allowed to go! Luckily it's just a 3 hour drive from home and there's a new hospital near to where we're staying!
I'm actually feeling ok...just more worried about my breathing that anything. Cross your fingers that Some of this fluid starts to go away!!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby EmWaz78 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Hey Puddles,
That stinks about your OHSS! I hope that you start feeling better soon! Fingers crossed that you can avoid the ER during the holidays! Wishing you and your developing embies all the best!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Doodlemae » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Em- hang in there! Hopefully the holiday weekend will help to keep your mind occupied! Fingers crossed for you!!

Puddles- I am really sorry to hear about your ohss. I thought for sure that I would develop it with so many follicles but I think I got away with maybe a very mild case. Try to rest up and take it easy over the holiday weekend! Also, I am so happy for you that you have 14 high quality embies...that is great news! Do you know how many they actually froze yet? Hang in there and Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!!
Me 28
TTC 2 years

October 2016 IVF-ICSI #1
11/7- 26 eggs retrieved

FET scheduled for 3/26!

Doodlemae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby furbabymom » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Puddles- how are you feeling? Any word on the number they were able to freeze? I'm sure it will be high!

Em- how are you feeling? Are you going to POAS early or wait for your blood test?

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Me: 35
Hubster: 44
TTC since October 2013 - unexplained infertility

IUI #1 -3: 2014 Gonal-F, ovidrel trigger - BFN

IVF#1 1/15 BCP, Gonal-F & Lupron
ER 2/17/15 16 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, day 5 transferred one EBAA 5 frosties
FRER 2/27 5dp5dt BFP
Beta 1 3/4 207.5
Beta 2 3/6 537

It's a girl! Everleigh Rose born 10/20/2015

Trying for number 2!
FET #1
1/19 Transfer of 5 day EB
1/23 Positive FRER
1/30 Beta 1: 385
2/1 Beta 2: 747

furbabymom
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Hey girls.
I got an email from our embryologist that we have 4 embryos frozen. Not as many as I had figured, given our three day report, but I'm very happy with 4!
As for the OHSS, I've still got the big belly and later in the day, my lungs start to feel a bit cramped, but otherwise, no changes for the worse. I did however end up spending my evening in the emergency department for a suspected blood clot in my knee, only to find that the vascular ultrasound tech wasn't at the hospital anymore, and so they gave me a blood thinner and I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for that ultrasound. Never a dull moment! But I've got so much to be thankful for that I can't be too disappointed about a little blood clot.

How's everyone else doing?
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puddles-O-Cuddles » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:30 am

Ultrasound tech said I was good to go!
Happy thanksgiving y'all!
TTC #1 since Summer '15

m/c at 7 weeks.
Puddles-O-Cuddles
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Doodlemae » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Puddles- Four seems to be the number for 22+ eggs retrieved...haha..I am happy with my four as well but I hear ya on the surprise..especially with such high 3 day numbers! Glad to hear that you did not have a blood clot! Never a dull moment! Enjoy your Thanksgiving and thanks for the updates!
Me 28
TTC 2 years

October 2016 IVF-ICSI #1
11/7- 26 eggs retrieved

FET scheduled for 3/26!