IVF January 2017 anyone else?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IVF January 2017 anyone else?

Postby anadreams1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello,

A little back story about myself. Hubby and I have been ttc since May 2015. After no luck, May 2016 we decided to do IUI with Follistim. It was a negative :(. On my end they have never found anything wrong but initially they did say my husband had low sperm count but he retested and results came back fine. I took a "break" tried naturally all summer and in November decided to switch REs and get a consult for possibly a mini IVF which is basically a less invasive IVF. I really liked the doctor and here I am now on my way to standard IVF procedure. I am currently on birth control pills and will finish those on Sunday. I will start my meds after I start my period when they do a baseline. The office is telling me my entire procedure from egg retrieval to implantation of embryos will be done by ending of January. I'm being cautiously optimistic because I was overly excited when we did the IUI and honestly have the length of time we have spent ttc naturally I just don't want to be overly happy just be cautious. I am also trying not to be negative either! Anyways, want to see if anyone else is starting this cycle? :D Also wanted to add I started acupuncture a few weeks ago. They typically want patients to do it for 3 months but honestly I really want to start my process lol. So I am hoping 4 weeks of acupuncture helps.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: IVF January 2017 anyone else?

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:00 am

I'm not starting a cycle, i just finished my first cycle and thank God it worked (so far, i am also scared of being too excited lol) for us so just wanted to say good luck with it all and if you need any advice/questions answered i'd be more than happy to help :)
We also had nothing explicitly "wrong" with us, but like you DH had a not so good SA then the next one was fine but on the day his sample wasn't great- i also have lower amh level for my age, they said not super low but normally i'd be slightly higher so they were glad we went when we did for ivf. Good luck on your journey its exciting as well as terrifying! For me the hardest part was the emotional side of it after egg collection, the meds and injections weren't too bad for us xxxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me what course of action your doctor took? What meds? Mine doesn't want to use lupron. We will go from BC to stims I think my most important meds are follistim and menopur. Can I ask how you remainded calm and positive throughout this?
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi love

Yeah i didn't do lupron I did buserelin (same as follistim) to down regulate then menopur to stimulate- to be honest I was just so glad that we were "doing something" although I have to say it is a very emotional time, the meds in my opinion were the easier part, egg collection i only had 5 eggs so was devastated (i had lots of follicles but not many eggs), but like they always say it only takes one :)! You just have to take care of yourself during this time, make sure DH also feels involved because i think for them in a way its harder as they have to watch us inject and go through it all and are somewhat helpless so i used to get my dh to inject me so he felt more "involved"....the hardest part for me (and still is!) is the wait to test then when its positive (which it WILL be for you!!) the worry about it sticking and scans/heartbeats etc. Even now i am so anxious that i don't have enough symtoms etc but my one major piece of advice is do NOT google things lol!! There will always be worst case scenario on google and that used to scare the hell out of me and still does!
Working also helped me as time went faster- when do you start your meds?xxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 pm

My dr put me on long protocol xxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Thank you so much for replying! Sunday will be my last day on bc! Omg and than once I start my period I go for my baseline praying for my little miracle. Did you implant two or one embryo?
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

I only did one - i had two in the end, one good one and one not so great- i wanted to put two but they didn't advise it because of my age and also being first ivf cycle...how many will you put back? A girl i was on same ivf cycle with put two back and is now expecting twins! Ahh i bet you can't wait to just get started can you!xxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:40 pm

I am 30 years old from ultrasounds my ovarian reserve seems good. How about you? I am hoping I get a good quantity of eggs. Doctor said he is ok with putting two embryos in me. So let's see fingers crossed. I have a lady friend who when she put one embryo she didn't get pregnant. Next cycle she put two embryos and she got pregnant with a singleton. So you never know... I am relying a lot on higher power and spirituality to get me through this. So le'ts see I just want what is best for my health and future baby's health.I just want this process to breeze through and be very healthy for myself as well and hopefully result in a bfp with a healthy beautiful baby. I'll keep updating you as I start the meds :)
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:06 am

Yes do update :)

Theres a thread called christmas miracle on this part of the board, lovely ladies on there and i think two are still waiting to start their cycle and 4 of us got our bfps on this cycle so join the group :) xxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Boymommattc#2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:20 am

I am also in my first round of IVF and hoping for a babe in round one!! We had our day 5/6 blast FET last Monday (1/2) and find out tomorrow (1/10) if it worked! I'm cautiously optimistic and praying for the same good news you had!
Boymommattc#2
Friend

Postby Amouna87 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Awww everything crossed for you!!how HOW have you resisted testing this far lol!! I was testing from around 3days past transfer loool!!

Let us know how it goes! Can't wait to hear good news :) how come you guys did ivf if you don't mind me asking?xxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Boymommattc#2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 pm

I did on day 3 and I knew better ;) so I stopped! Just praying that I get a wonderful phone call tomorrow with the news we have been hoping for. Feeling a bit "full" and some little cramps/twinges today so hoping it's not my cycle. I hope hope hope I get to join you in that list of bfp group! Thanks for the good thoughts! All of them help and count! Did you have any synptoms in your wait?
Boymommattc#2
Friend

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:09 am

Exact same ones as you! Full feeling in lower abdomen and cramps so i felt af was on her way- even until now i get them though not as much as first couple of weeks lol its very unsettling but its uterus stretching. Didnt stop me testing until my scan though lol!
My boobs were also swollen but that could be from the progestrone pessaries i'm on- are you on them too?
Aaah i am so excited for you please update as soon as you hear!
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 am

Any newwws??xxxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anadreams1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 am

What does FET stand for? I read that a lot and I figured it meant frozen embryo. If it's first ivf do they do fet? Just curious as I'm trying to familiarize myself with the ivf terms lol.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IVF