February IVF buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

February IVF buddies

Postby HopeSIN » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 am

Hello ladies,

anyone doing an IVF round in February? It's gonna be my first and I thought it might be nice to share the experience and go through the waiting together : -)
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
May 16: Stillbirth :angel:
IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN
Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy
IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN :(
Feb'17: first round of IVF
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: February IVF buddies

Postby Me2please » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 am

Hi HopeSIN,

I just got the go ahead this morning from my doctor for a February IVF. I've had alot of delays but yay - it looks like it's on now :)
I just have to be a litle more patient for a few more weeks. We are also dealing with MFI.

Would love to be cycle buddies
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby HopeSIN » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 am

Hello Me2please,
nice to hear from you! It's really exciting to get started - it almost let's one forget all the big struggle you had in the past with conceiving because IVF really feels like you're proactively doing something.

I see from your signature that you've already done 1 round of IVF. Sorry to hear it ended in a CP.
I also saw that you did a laparoscopy - I did one just last month and also for me they found mild endometriosis. They also found some scar tissue during the hysteroscopy (which must've been a left-over from the stillbirth). So for me now as well I feel like "maintenance was done" and hope to be able to start on a clean slate going into IVF.
When will your cycle approx. start? Did you already discuss protocols?
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby johnnyswifey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi ladies!! I'm going to join y'all here. I had a FET done on 12/15/16 and just had a mc a few days ago. I'm going to go through some more testing to find out why does my body breakdown my pregnancies. After that, I should be smooth sailing!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HopeSIN » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm so so sorry to hear about your losses, Johnny's Wifey! I've also lost a baby boy in 24th week of pregnancy last year and can only understand your hurting too well :(
Let's for now just hope that 2017 will be a happier and luckier year for us!

What type of protocol & meds are you ladies on?
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Me2please » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:57 am

Hi Ladies,

So sorry about both of your losses and so sorry you had to go through that. :( I have alot of hope for 2017.

HopeSIN - I did have a previous IVF - it started well with a great retrieval and fertilization rate and then my little embryos started to die off on day 4. I was left with 2 to transfer that ended in my CP. That lead to the lap - where they also found mild endo and a septum (which was likely the cause of my CP.)
So also feeling like hopefully we have cleared the decks for the next round. I was actually meant to start in Jan - but just my luck I got sick the week of AF and it had to be post-poned. Honestly I was so sad but now I have gotten over it and I'm ready for Feb. AF is due to start around the 9th - so stims around the 12th or so.

Johnnyswifey - I hope they find some answers for you and from there - you're right - it should be smooth sailing!

I chatted to my doctor on Monday and he is going to change my protocol from last time. I can't remember what he said he was going to change it to - but he says some people have better quality with the different meds. I am the worst with the details. I think my injectibles last time were Cetrocide and Gonal-F. We did short protocol and the doc said due to my great response we will do that again. Now the trick is going to be getting my little embies to day 5! I have upped my vitamin intake over the last few months and done so many freaking juice fasts and things to help that along.

Sorry for the essay! I will get my protocol soon and once it's in writing I can tell you :) Have you discussed protocols?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby HopeSIN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am

I find it cool that the three of us are all pretty much in the exact age - I guess that puts us in the same pool for all those IVF statistics they have.
At my clinic the success rates in 2015 for women 30-34 were 41% for a fresh transfer and 68% for a frozen transfer, which sounds quite good. Any similar statistics from the clinics you work with?

Me2please - I'm gonna be on the exact same meds as you ; -)
Stimulation starting on CD2 for around 12 days with Gonal-F 300IU and additional Cetrotide as antagonist for the last 4-5 days, then trigger with Pregnyl (HCG).
What medication did you have to take last time after the egg transfer? As far as I understood right now, it will be (oral) progesterone for me.
Could the embryologist explain to you why the eggs, that seemed so good in the beginning, suddenly started to deterior and die off on Day 4?

I just had my last IUI today and yesterday and will meet my IVF doctor again next week, so of course I'm hoping it will work out, however, to be realistic I think it's gonna be IVF. I will know in the last few days of January, which is why I already prepared everything if we find out on 1st/2nd February that it's gonna have to be IVF.
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Me2please » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:54 am

The doctor couldn't say what caused such a big drop off. We retrieved 15 eggs, 12 mature, 10 fertilized and then 8 dropped off totally.
We are dealing with MFI and apparently day 3 is when the sperm genome kicks in, but my doc said to be wary of thinking it's that. He wanted to check for endo and a septum with a laparoscopy was 99% sure I had it - he said egg quality is our biggest factor since the MFI is due to a blockage from a hernia repair and not hormones.

He did tell me it's not unusual /abnormal for that to happen - sometimes it's just bad luck (just like stupid infertility) - but now he knows what to look out for. But I don't want to make you worry about what happened with me. I know how other people's stories can get in your head sometimes. Honestly - I think we had really bad luck, I wasn't doing to well health wise at the time and I was super stressed out with other things. I think it was a freak thing.

We had a miracle on our retrieval day too - my hubby's count was always in the thousands :shock: and on the day it was 6 million! Docs can't explain that one. So I have just realized - some of it is science and some of it you will just never know. :) I know in my heart I have been so much more conscious of my health this time, I had the surgery and my hubs has been super good with his supplements - we've done all we can - and I know my doc will the same. The rest is up to fate!

Fingers crossed for your IUI !! You never know :wink:
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello ladies! Mind if I join? I'm starting my IVF prep tonight. I just got off the pill on Sunday and am starting medications tonight. Hopefully if everything goes according to plan I will be having egg retrieval and transfer most likely first week of Feb! I'm so nervous and excited.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby WishingHoping2017 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi ladies,

I have been reading this site for over two years now but have yet to post anything (no BFP for us ever) but our journey is progressing and i thought what better time to jump in and get some support and hopefully give some too! Me (35) DH (40) have been TTC for 3.5 years with no luck. I have shitty tubes! been with an RE for about 2 years. Had the HSG thing done Dec2015, got spill on both tubes but still no luck.

Sooooo....we have decided to finally start IVF. we called the RE and told them and our first appointment is Jan 31st - less than 2 weeks away! I have no idea what tests will need to be done or what our timeline looks like but i hope we will be able to jump right in. that said, im hoping to be doing our firs transfer end of feb or march some time. I really have no idea of costs or timeline for us exactly. but hoping to start right away.

can i still join your group?
WishingHoping2017
Friend

Postby HopeSIN » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:37 am

Me2please - did you in the end have the laparoscopy? I had one mid December which was supposed to be purely diagnostic to see what's going on "in there" so that we can start the IVF on a clean slate and they did end up finding mild endometriosis in a weird place that kinda physically tilted the cervix & uterus in a weird way which alone would not be a massive deal but it might've added to the problems that we had getting pregnant with our last few IUI rounds.
It's really good news though that you've been taking good care of yourself over the last few months and feel health-wise fit - I think even just knowing that will have a positive impact since for sure a lot is in our heads but still has an impact on whether it works or not. When will you most likely start the IVF?

Anadreams - welcome!!! :) Wow, it's pretty exciting!! Is this your first IVF round? What protocol & meds are you on?

WishingHoping2017: welcome to the group - the more the merrier ;-)) Good luck with your appointment on the 31st - it's a first step into an exciting and new direction! I'd guess that they would ask you to do blood work and your husband to hand in a sample so that they can see what's the most up to da state (at least that's what our clinic wanted to see).

I'm now 3dpiui and thus at the beginning of the TWW for my last IUI round. I'm way more relaxed than the last 4 rounds cause I know that if it doesn't work out, we will start IVF immediately in the first days of February and that somehow gives me the feeling of control in a way that I can pro-actively do something (as opposed to just sitting around, feeling sorry for myself because we've got those infertility struggles).
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Me2please » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 am

Hi Ladies,

Welcome Anadreams and WishingHoping. Anadreams that is exciting for your Feb retrieval!

WishingHoping - exciting for your first appointment! Normally they want to do day 3 bloods on you and an SA on your hubs. Then my doc tracked a cycle with me - to make sure I was ovulating / when etc. That involves a scan on day 3, day 8 day 12 and day 21 (kind of like the IVF scans). It's good you've had the HSG already!

HopeSIN - yes my lap was in October. Since then my cycles have shortened from 30 days to 28 days - but I still get really bad period pains on the first day. Definitely helps having plans in place with the whole anxiety thing - how are you feeling?

Johnnyswifey - Hope you're doing ok and getting some answers.

Well ladies - 2 weeks for me until AF is due and I can start stims. Hubs and I decided to give it one last hurrah on trying el-natural (because why not right?) I got a postive OPK on CD 10 - which is a little early but like I said my cycles have shortened. We've tried naturally between NTNP and active trying for 2 years so we thought what the hell. In the mean time I am doing my own personal IVF prep - I am a big fan of juice cleanses so that starts tomorrow for 5 days (ouch) - then I will continue a vegan detox until stims start :) If I can hang in there - I do get hungry :wink:

Any of you ladies doing anything special to prep body and mind?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby anadreams1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi ladies!

My doctor had me on birth control. I was on it over 21 days because had insurance problems! I would say about 26 days. On cycle day 3 of my period last week I went in and that night started meds. I am on follistism and menopur and starting tomorrow will start ganirelix. Honestly I have been feeling bloated and my back seems to be achy not sure if this is normal with the meds. This is my first and hopefully only round fingers crossed. It's costing me a fortune to do this treatment :/. Any ideas and suggestions on how to make it a success? I am doing acupuncture and today bought goji berries. I have also been told to eat royal jelly. It tastes so bad lol. Apparently it's what the queen bee eats and lays thousands of eggs. My downfall is I don't exercise all too much so now I'm worried how that my play in my success. Oh and I've been drinking pomegranate and cranberry juice together. Let me know if you all have any more ideas and suggestions!
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby WishingHoping2017 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

HI Ladies,

thank you for the warm welcome!

I really appreciate all the info. at least now i almost feel like i know what to expect. It is crazy though because we have had sooooooo many damn blood test, sample etc! I think i could have saved a few lives with the amount of blood I've given!

So close to our first appointment Im feeling very excited to be in this group and follow along. I have been suffering alone and now i wont have to!

anadreams1 - only advice i can give (from someone who has not gone through the process) because so many of my IVF friends told me - do a frozen transfer not a fresh if you end up with only a few eggs! the success rates are higher. Plus frozen will give your body time to heal before the do the transfer
WishingHoping2017
Friend

Postby Hopinghard » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey girls!
I just got authorization for my first IVF cycle after 3 cycles of failed IUI. I went off the bcp yesterday and am waiting for my day 1 anxiously. I usually read other people's experiences to prep my brain and help my cope through the process, but now that it is my reality I thought maybe being more involved and interactive may help. Is it okay if I join this group? I'm fairly new to this. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

I should be start stimming on Wednesday putting me on track for an early February transfer as long as everything pans out the way it's supposed to. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping the fsh IUIs I did were a little warm up and help me with this process, but I'm still incredibly overwhelmed. Especially after seeing the med order and dosage. Hopefully a group like this will help channel my nerves into a positive and hopeful direction!!
Is anyone else on the same timeline as me, or am I way in left field here :)
Hopinghard
Friend

Next

Return to IVF