February IVF buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: February IVF buddies

Postby Mrs.B82 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Anna- it's so easy to over analyze everything isn't it. Doing fertility is so hard, if any of us got preggers naturally without a thought, we wouldn't think/question anything, but we sneeze hard during fertility you wonder if it was "too" hard lol
Keep your chin up, I'm sure everything is fine!!
Mrs.B82

Postby annaluca » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:27 am

Thanks. I had yet another breakdown today, although now yesterday's concerns seem so trivial in comparison. I realized this morning that I missed both Thu/Fri doses of medrol. You would think someone as anal as me would have this locked down. I took it this morning as soon as I realized but I'd be lying if I wasn't scared and thinking I've completely ruined this cycle. I finally heard back from my clinic and they said I should be fine. I asked how "serious" it was and she said "not really." Still hard not to worry, and to feel incredibly stupid. If it's not one thing it's always another.

Me2- thinking about you today and wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

B82 & EmWaz- have you caved and done a hpt? I admire you for for staying so strong so far!
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 am

Ana, I am staying strong. I did have a tiny show of blood today, but I would have missed it if not for the liner I wear because of my Endrometrin inserts. It has given me a bit of hope because I didn't have any last time, but I did have a tiny bit of implantation bleeding when I was pregnant before. (MC in 2015) My husband is out of town this weekend, but I WILL NOT TEST!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mrs.B82 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Anna-I'm sure everything is going to be fine. I am glad you called your clinic though! I put an alarm on my phone for my meds. Don't stress, it will only make things worse, have Faith.. you've got this!!!
I have not caved either, I almost did yesterday, the last 7 days I drive myself crazy but I'm not giving in this time. I have had some cramping, breast are super veiny, and burning. Otherwise just really tired. Still not trying to overthink it. 6 days to go!
EmW- how are you feeling otherwise?
Me2- how are you doing?
Me: 34
DH: 38
Unexplained Infertility for 14 years
Diagnosed in 14'-15' with moderate/high PCOS. Also high risk to TP.
Miscarriage 06' (natural conception), TP 07' (natural conception) 11.5 weeks and lost RT.
Actively TTC with current husband since 2013
Clomid/other meds (natural cycles) with no pregnancy
3 failed IUI in 15' (2 didnt get past injections as body wasnt responding properly)
ICSI IVF #1 - February 16' - 12 eggs, 8 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 usable (1 transferred and 3 frozen)
Had to take the summer off due to Zika virus and had to be tested and cleared, and family emergency
Sept. 16' - Failed FET
Feb, 17' - Failed FET
June 17' - Our Last FET. Uterine scratch done a week ago,starting Estrace with transfer around the 30th. We are praying for a happy ending in this journey.
Mrs.B82

Postby EmWaz78 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:42 am

B82: I feel pretty normal! Slight occasional cramping for the last week or so, but super mild. Definite breast tenderness (and itching?!) Light pink/brown noticible only on liner (just a touch) and when doing my Endrometrin inserts. Looks like when you are sure AF is done so you go out without anything on and surprise, left overs!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Me2please » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 am

Hi Ladies,

I just dropped by to let you know that my worst fears were realized and all of our embryos arrested before transfer. It's obviously very painful and we are very sad but doing ok. I am not exactly taking a break but we are going to do some more investigations before proceeding with any more treatments.

Anyway, I will be taking some time to heal and I just wanted to wish all of you all the very best and I hope you all see your BFPs in the next few weeks.
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby annaluca » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:37 am

Me2- I am so sorry. I hope you find some answers and some comfort. Wishing you all the best.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mrs.B82 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:55 am

Me2- I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Take the time you need <3

EmW- Still holding up well?

Anna- How are you feeling?

Me- Still feeling pretty well. Occasional cramping, breasts are still tender and blood veins are popping out a bit, super tired and have had a bit of nausea. Staying positive but still keeping in mind that meds can trigger most of these symptoms. 4 days to go!
Mrs.B82

Postby Brandetta » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm super new to this thread and super late so I hope I am not intruding. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 10 years. We've had 9 failed iui's and I've never seen a positive pregnancy test in my life until yesterday, 7dp5dt after our first IVF attempt. My beta is scheduled for Friday, March 3rd but I couldn't wait. I took my first HPT on 6dp5dt and it was the usual stark white. Yesterday morning, I tried again and there was the faintest bit of a line but I don't think I was ever so happy in my life. I took another test this morning and the line was there but even fainter and I've been spotting all day. I am freaking out. Any advice or support would so be appreciated.
Brandetta

Postby annaluca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 am

B82- that sounds promising! I hate to symptom spot but it's sooo hard not to. Just a few more days now!

Welcome Brandetta! Just try to keep positive! It sounds like you tested out your trigger so that's good and the difference in positives could be anything from differences in the tests themselves (even the same brand of test can have variations) or when you tested. The 3rd is almost here!

EmWaz- how are you holding up?

I'm doing ok. Trying not to symptom spot as I said bc I know it's such a tricky game. Especially because they could all be explained by other things too. Mainly I've had cramping the last two days (gas?), trouble sleeping (anxiety), sore breasts (PIO). I did learn yesterday that one of our other embryos made it to freeze so that was great news. Hopefully, we make it through this one with a BFP though.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby annaluca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Remember how I said I wasn't symptom spotting? Well, that's basically a big fat lie I've been telling myself. I have had zero symptoms today and am now freaking out. I know it probably means nothing (or maybe it's only the reverse- the "symptoms" only mean nothing?) but I'm feeling really down and just sad & scared that this didn't work. Then of course I'm second guessing every decision/action I've made.

This. Is. The. WORST.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am

I am finding it a bit harder to remain hopeful at this point. Beta is Friday when I will be 12p5dt. No tests in the house and I refuse to buy one at this point. I figure if I get a bfp beta then I will buy one just for the heck of it. B82, still good?
Analuca, how do we not symptom spot though! I know that the extra progesterone causes breast tenderness, but that didn't come and go before like now, so...maybe that is something. Or it is nothing.
I am really not sure what we will do if this cycle fails. Insurance will only cover one more round. We could never do this without it. Trying to stay positive.

Wishing you all the best!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:39 am

Ladies just popped on to wish you all the best and also to say lack of symptoms means NOTHING, I had zero my ivf cycle, just usual pre AF cramps which came at the exactly the same time they normally do so nothing put of the ordinary, it means nothing so please don't be disheartened, stalking for updates and praying for happy news :) xxxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby annaluca » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:16 am

Amouna, rationally, I know you're right. I think I was pretty similar my last bfp cycle too. It's just so hard not to grasp for something in this desperate time of uncertainty! And being rational is hardly an option :D I started feeling better yesterday, got really positive (in all honesty maybe bc I thought I felt "symptoms" again?) but today I'm almost certain I'm out. Don't know why, just don't have the best expectations. Maybe I'll feel differently as the day goes on.

Good luck to you ladies tomorrow!!! I can't wait to hear about your betas and get some positive inspiration from you all!
Last edited by annaluca on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 am

Woke up with cramps and bleeding this morning. Not super heavy yet, but sure I am out. Beta tomorrow. I am sure will confirm BFN. Insurance will only cover one more round. Feeling pretty defeated.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF