February IVF buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: February IVF buddies

Postby annaluca » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:51 am

Em- I Am so sorry. I know that is scary and disappointing. I hope you are not out. Cramping is normal and some people have bleeding. This is so hard. Keep us posted.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:44 pm

I really think the only reason it isn't worse at this point is because I have stubbornly continued the medication. The worst part is the lack of answers after a failure. Both blasts were great quality, I literally have zero issues other than my age (38.5) and I have done everything as instructed. I will ask about additional testing for me before another round. I think pgs testing is out of our price range and stupidly not covered by insurance.
Really hoping to see some bfps from all of you though!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Have you had more bleeding? Is it red? I know, none of this makes sense. But I will continue to believe that you are not out yet. Stay strong one more day at least. Did you say that you have a frozen embryo? When you said insurance will only cover one more do your mean one more full cycle? If you have any to freeze could you do that with/without insurance? Thinking of you.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby annaluca » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:55 am

Ah! It's beta day!! For all of you, not me. Good luck to each of you. Praying for you all.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am

As expected Beta was negative. RE wants to add Lupron to my next cycle, but he said that doing so would mean I wouldn't be able to use Lupron as a trigger and that could increase my risk of OHSS. As my insurance does not cover FET, I am not sure how that will work out, but I trust him, so I will speak to my nurse tomorrow and see what the new protocol looks like. How is everyone else doing?
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:57 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. What was your last protocol? I was on Lupron for 2-3 weeks leading up to my stim drugs (follistim) and then on a lower dose until I triggered (using pregnyl). I hadn't heard of triggering with Lupron (which I thought was a suppression drug) but I'm by no means an expert. I hope you find the right answers!!

I had my beta draw today. I did have a BFP on a hpt but I had a chemical last summer so I'm being cautiously optimistic and hoping for good numbers today and through the week.

How's everyone else?
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mrs.B82 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:30 am

Hi Ladies! Sorry for being MIA, needed a little time away. We also got a BFN! AF killed me yesterday but feeling more normal today. Follow up is on the 24th and we are pushing hard for answers and new protocol (though we don't have much faith in our clinic anymore).
EmW- I am very sorry, thinking of you!
Ana- how was your beta? Hope all is well!
Last edited by Mrs.B82 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs.B82

Postby annaluca » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:23 pm

B82 - I am so sorry! I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Are there other reputable clinics in your area? Would you be able to even go to another clinic just for a consult to review your case and see what they might suggest? Best of luck to you.

My beta was good Monday and it doubled by today (Wednesday), so I am feeling optimistic. It is within normal ranges and with my chemical it definitely was not, so I am trying to remain positive, but it is hard after experiencing a loss, as you all can relate. I'll feel better after we get to the ultrasound and I can see a heartbeat (god willing).

Been thinking of you ladies and wish you all the best on your next round.
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Analuca: So Happy for you! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 mths!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopeSIN » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 am

Hello ladies,
I've been MIA for the last few weeks cause I've had to take a break from reading up online too much. But I'm glad to "see" so many familiar faces (rather names, hehe) that are still in this thread. I had my first ever FET yesterday of 1 x 4AA-graded embryo and so it's all very new to me. The statistics of my clinic for FETs in my age group (65% pregnancy rate, 58% live birth rate) seem really high, but I don't dare to get my hopes up too high.

How are you ladies all coping?

@Annaluca: congratulations - that's amazing news!
@Me2Please: I'm so so sorry about your news :((( I don't even know what to say...
@EmWaz: I'm really sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Did your RE recommend anything else other than Lupron next time?
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
May 16: Stillbirth :angel:
IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN
Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy
IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN :(
Feb'17: first round of IVF
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annaluca » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm

HopeSIN- congrats on getting past the fet. When is your first beta scheduled?
annaluca
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to IVF