HELP!! FREAKING OUT HERE..!!

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

HELP!! FREAKING OUT HERE..!!

Postby kkomal8 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:54 am

Hi all,
I have been following this site religiously for the past couple of years. I am 29 years old and DH is 29 too. We have been ttc since the past couple of years and have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility. This is our first IVF cycle and we are due for a (5day blastocyst)frozen embryo transfer on 1st February. Last night, that is on 28th Jan we went for a friend's party and I happened to have a glass of wine and that led to another and before I knew it I had gulped down the whole Damn bottle of merlot. Now I am freaking out over the possibility of having ruined my chances to conceive in this cycle. And I am praying to God that this sticks. We had undergone 7 IuI's prior to this and nothing happened there. Please help..
Last edited by kkomal8 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkomal8

Re: HELP!! FREAKING OUT HERE..!!

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:58 am

Relax you have done nothing to ruin ur chances,I had a bit of wine while I was preparing for FET and im now 9weeks pregnant,after the transfer I would hold off on drinking not bcs it will lower ur chances of conceiving but in case god forbid it won't result in a bfp you will blame urself.
Good luck to you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kkomal8 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks Danaa, Congratulations to you.. this helped me to calm down.. and yes I have decided not to even look a glass of wine.. hate feeling this guilty..
kkomal8

Postby Amouna87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:43 am

Having wine pre transfer won't do anything- embies not inside yet so it won't do any harm don't worry!!

Good luck for transfer and hopefully see those beautiful two lines soon!
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kkomal8 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks Amouna.. it was very reassuring..
kkomal8

Return to IVF