March Transfer Anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

March Transfer Anyone?

Postby LittleBittySmitty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm scheduled for a March 14th FET and was wondering if anyone else may be on a similar timeline?
TTC since 2014.
Unexplained Infertility
1 IUI
2 Egg retrievals and Embryo transfers

Crossing our fingers that third time's a charm in March '17!
LittleBittySmitty

Re: March Transfer Anyone?

Postby johnnyswifey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm waiting for a period and then I'll be waiting for my new FET schedule. Just had an ectopic in Oct and a M/C about a month ago.
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopinghard » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:28 pm

I just had a retrieval on Wednesday but ended up having to freeze the eggs and lose the cycle. I have to wait for af, bcp while insurance approves this next cycle, and then setting up to use the frozen eggs, and frozen sperm with ICSI for a late march transfer. I was on track for a transfer on Monday and everything changed really quickly and I'm still kind of trying to wrap my brain around it. I feel like I just got a grip on the IVF world and now need to figure out this FET and ICSI world. It seems like I am a little behind you guys, but not too far off :)
Hopinghard
Friend

Postby Hopinghard » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Johnnyswifey: I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That's heartbreaking and so much to handle. I'm hoping your next cycle will be able to start quickly for you!
Hopinghard
Friend

Postby LittleBittySmitty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:46 pm

JohnnysWifey, I'm so sorry about your ectopic and miscarriage. I've had 2 transfers since the summer, one that didn't take and one that ended in a miscarriage as well. I hope that third time is the charm for us both.

Hopinghard, I'm sorry your fresh transfer has turned into a frozen transfer. Welcome to the ever changing IVF schedule, lots of hurry up and wait! I hope that this is your only setback, and you get your transfer as soon as possible.
TTC since 2014.
Unexplained Infertility
1 IUI

LittleBittySmitty

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:15 am

I am scheduled 3/20
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:27 am

Did anyone do PGS? I am scheduled for FET on 3/20/17 .. our doc recommends transferring 1 but will transfer 2 if we want... we have 4 (5) day blasts frozen and pgs tested.. 3 boys and 1 girl... except the girl is a 6 day blast.. I am really leaning towards transferring 1 boy and the little 6 day blast girl??? Any thoughts would be appreciated? I am 37..DH is 43... only issue found was low morphologhy... this was our first cycle... I did the lowest stim possible... and made 40 eggs... I have polycystic ovaries but not pcos... all my hormone levels we're normal... and I have regular cycles... so 19 fertilized with icsi...12 sent for pgs.... and 4 made the cut
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 am

I'm scheduled 3/20.... this wait is so hard!! How many are you transferring?
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleBittySmitty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Frozen1xx3xy and welcome.
We did not do PGS. We did one cycle with one clinic, and transferred 2 blastos that didn't take at all (I suspect they were very poor quality, with no other embryos left over) then we changed clinics and did a single transfer that took, but we lost. Now we're trying 2 embryos again, and they are both 3bb quality (I'm only transferring 2 because this is our 3rd try and that is the standard at this point)
It's interesting that your doc is letting you pick and choose which embryos to transfer. Usually they just do the 1 or 2 highest quality. Are they all similar quality?
Regardless, glad to have you!
TTC since 2014.
Unexplained Infertility
1 IUI

LittleBittySmitty

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am

Yay!!!! U responded !! I'm knee deep in obsessing!! I hope it works on 3/20 so I can't stop this OCD madness!! So I was surprised as well...that he offered a choice of which embryos to implant. But, he said that once the pgs is done.... all the embro grading is pretty much useless.... he said that out of my 12 pgs tested... several of the perfect graded embryos.... were not chomosomally normal or anaploid... he said that the ones that look the best are 2 of the boys... but the girl is chromosomally normal just not as pretty... only prob is she is a 6 day blast? I'm kinda torn... transfering 2 embryos increase the success of taking home a baby by 9 percent... which all the studies say is insignificant!! But that 9 percent is significant to me.... so that's why I have decided to transfer 2..... and the truth is I really want a boy and a girl and will not be doing this again.... due to cost... this has been all out of pocket and has cost 30,000 so far... so if I fall pregnant with 1 or 2 we will be done...if it doesn't work we will figure out paying for 1 more frozen... but that will be it..... so I'm just wondering has any one had success with a 6 day blast pgs tested?
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleBittySmitty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:44 am

So, for whatever reason all of my blastocysts have been 6-day-ers...and my docs have told me not to worry about it...basically a healthy blasto is a healthy blasto. I'd be curious to know if your doc has anything different to say.
I think if I were in your situation, I might consider transferring just the girl blasto first (curveball!) only because the chance of both embryos implanting is slimmer than the chance of one implanting, and if you're really wanting a girl and a boy, setting the girl embryo up for success by being the only embryo may not be a bad idea. Then if it takes, and is a healthy pregnancy and baby, you know you've got boys to transfer later. In the unfortunate event that it doesn't take, you can make your peace with knowing that a girl may not be in your future this way and transfer your boys. Does that make sense?
I'm basing that purely on numbers. If it's a 70-ish% chance that a single embryo transfer will take and an 80-ish% chance that ONE of a double embryo transfer will take...and only half of that that BOTH of the 2 would take... You get what I'm saying. But numbers are just numbers...if you feel really pulled one way or another, you should go with that...it's your mothers intuition!
TTC since 2014.
Unexplained Infertility
1 IUI

LittleBittySmitty

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Woah.....I just got home from dinner...and well some adult beverages( got to live it up a bit before 3/20)... and your response has my brain on overdrive.... sooo many good points!!! I have some thinking to do!! Thank you...I needed to hear this!
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh and I am going to pick my docs brain about the 6day vs 5day blast..... he's super smart.... and I totally trust him....we only discussed the 6 day blast girl briefly a few days ago.... but the impression I got..... was that it was up to me ... because it's a crapshoot after pgs... but he said something weird about the lab directors opinion on 6 day blasts.... or maybe I misunderstood? I plan on clarifying asap! And I will be thinking a lot about a single girl transfer! I have to research the statistics again for success rates with single pgs tested... vs double pgs tested... are you saying that transferring 2.... increases the chance of a pregnancy.... but increases the chance that one of the embryos will fail.... regardless of its inherant quality?
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleBittySmitty » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:39 pm

It's not that transferring 2 increases the chance that one will fail, but with 2 embryos your chance of having ONE baby is a little higher than it would be if you were only transferring one embryo (I think the last I heard it was 80% chance with 2 embryos, 70% with one that you will get pregnant with ONE baby). But if you transfer 2 embryos, the chance of twins is like 40%.
I'm saying that if I were in your shoes, I'd take the 70% chance that you know you'll have a girl (by transferring your girl embryo) over the 50/50 that if one of two embryos implant, it'll be the girl one (40%, because that's half of the 80%) or the 40% chance that BOTH will implant, because the miscarriage rate with double embryo transfers is twice as high, because there are twice as many babies. Does that make sense? (I feel like a crazy person trying to explain this without being in person and only in writing!)

Also, I'd love to hear what your doc has to say about 6 vs 5 day embryos!
TTC since 2014.
Unexplained Infertility
1 IUI

LittleBittySmitty

Postby Frozen1xx3xy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Hey Bitty... sorry for the delay... I'm a nurse in the ER and the last few days were nuts! Your last post made complete sense to me... thanks again for your thoughts... ugghh this waiting before transfer is making me go "googlecrazy"! I left a message for my doc today ... to discuss some of this stuff... he's out of the country till weds... so I will definitely let you know what he says about 5 vs 6 day blast transfer... my nurse said he'll call on weds.... regardless.... the hardest part is over for now! And we are both transferring soon!!! I'm so excited for us!!
Frozen1xx3xy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IVF