IVF success for 38+

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: IVF success for 38+

Postby scarlett9999 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

hey dear. how are you feeling? don't get scared. you can do it. congratulations to you. I hope it gets successful. age might be an issue. because egg quality is less. but never ever lose hope. there are still people 38+ who have babies. IVF its a really good procedure to have a baby in your own womb. i couldn't wait to hear your story. I'm sure the feeling would be amazing. getting IVF done by a good professional clinic is important. take all steps needed according to what doctors recommend you. take care.
scarlett9999
Friend

Postby annataylor1 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:23 am

Hi. How are you?. Well in some cases ratings are not encouraging enough. But it does not really matter. Because where there is a will there is a way. Don't lose hope. Be positive. Think good achieve well. One of my next door neighbour successful achieved the first cycle of IVF in 41 years. But also consult your own health reports with your doctor. And then take any final decision. Hope so my opinion will help you.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby Kendell bling » Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 am

Everything depends on how your body reacts to it. If it accepts the implant. It will be a success. If it does not. You will have to look for alternatives. Also, it depends on how many eggs are retrieved. The number should be good. In addition, they should be able to get fertilized. I hope things work out for you. Make sure you follow all the instructions. Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Do not take the stress. Do some light exercises. In addition, take care of your diet. Loads of wishes and hugs your way.
Kendell bling

Postby mimimama » Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Kendell bling wrote:Everything depends on how your body reacts to it. If it accepts the implant. It will be a success. If it does not. You will have to look for alternatives. Also, it depends on how many eggs are retrieved. The number should be good. In addition, they should be able to get fertilized. I hope things work out for you. Make sure you follow all the instructions. Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Do not take the stress. Do some light exercises. In addition, take care of your diet. Loads of wishes and hugs your way.

PGS NGS might be an option in case of implantation failure.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annataylor1 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi
Last edited by annataylor1 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby hellen03 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:55 am

I had IVF treatment at the age of 40. Unfortunately, it ended up with a failure. Finally, my doctor declared me infertile. I don’t know why it only happened to me. I already faced a miscarriage at a very young age. That was not accidental. I never got pregnant again. Having child is our biggest desire. But I was unable to carry a child. Finally, one of my best friends suggested me the surrogacy treatment. It has proven to be beneficial for us. Surrogacy has totally changed my life. It filled me with deep pleasure and hope. I'm sure that it will work for you too. Wishing you very best of luck dear!
hellen03

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:32 am

I'm 40+ yrs youngie. With endo and pcos. Had 2 lapos with no actual result. Passed 2 oe ivf rounds but both failed. Then went for donor egg cycle abroad. Were successful from shot#1. Currently in my 1st trimester. :belly:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mimimama » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:50 am

@whenmytruerainbow - amazing news, congrats!
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amanda321 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 pm

"hey rn0716! Recently I have read your post. wish you the best of luck dear for your IVF. I hope that it will prove beneficial to you. infertility eats men like an insect. But now due to the clinics, it has become possible to overcome this issue. you shouldn’t be panic and don lose. Believe me, everything will be all right. Dear one thing more about which clinic you are going to start up your new journey. I think to choose the best clinic for it is the most important step of your journey. I really know a clinic that is proved a best for me. the clinic really offers great opportunities for its clients. And a new opportunity that I have heard about it that it introduced the draft bills. So that the surrogate can never be demand for her child. I have never seen like these clinics that also guaranteed for our success. I am really happy that I visit this clinic and joined IVF. now you can see me I am a successful lady who is enjoying a happy family at all.

"
Amanda321

Postby reginaa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 am

This clinic is the most amazing one out of all. I have visited many clinics, all of them assure you to fix your problems but all was in vain. Their support and services are the best. They treat you with utmost care and do their best to make it happen. It sure did happen for me! And it will for you too if you visit. They are organizing an event. I am so excited, will be there for sure! Looking forward to it. everyone who is having difficulties having children should definitely come. Register yourselves up cause seats are limited! they are also giving out free consultations on first come first serve basis!!
reginaa
Friend

Postby annawilliam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am

Hey, hope you are doing well. Well i am 32 year old. But the clinic i am visiting for my surrogacy has many cases there for 40+ women as well. I have seen almost all the successful cases of IVF for 40+ females. Its biotexcom clinic in ukraine. The clinic has higher success rate. The doctors there are so professional and well experienced. They go through the patient's history so well. And also make them choose the right procedure as well. since my infertility was unexpected. So doctors suggested me surrogacy. And soon my procedure is going to be starting. I hope it goes well. Do visit this clinic for best results. In fact the clinic is going to arrange an event for infertile people. All the doctors along with head will be visiting. do meet them there first. this will actually help you to take decision whether to visit the clinic or not.
annawilliam
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:25 am

rn0716 wrote:I'm scheduled for IVF the end of march. The SART success rates aren't very encouraging! How many of you have had successful IVF at 38 or older?

I can definitely add the list. I'm 40, diagnosed on endo & pcos. Dh is perfect. Tried 2 oe ivf cycles, both failed. Did several lapos. One removed my left ovary. Dr felt not comfortable with pushing me onto another ivf round with oe, advising strongly donor eggs. It took us 1 shot to conceive through DE ivf.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 am

annawilliam wrote:Hey, hope you are doing well. Well i am 32 year old. But the clinic i am visiting for my surrogacy has many cases there for 40+ women as well. I have seen almost all the successful cases of IVF for 40+ females. Its biotexcom clinic in ukraine. The clinic has higher success rate. The doctors there are so professional and well experienced. They go through the patient's history so well. And also make them choose the right procedure as well. since my infertility was unexpected. So doctors suggested me surrogacy. And soon my procedure is going to be starting. I hope it goes well. Do visit this clinic for best results. In fact the clinic is going to arrange an event for infertile people. All the doctors along with head will be visiting. do meet them there first. this will actually help you to take decision whether to visit the clinic or not.

Did I take it right, you've opted for surrogacy in ukraine? I know just some general things concerning surrogacy there. But seems this is a good choice. Ukraine is a surrogacy friendly country. It has been quite popular with foreign couples going for surrogacy so far. Under the country's law the baby is considered yours from the moment of conception. The surro has no standing right to keep the baby after delivery. The birth certificate is issued with IP's names, they are the only legal parents of the baby. Also costs, more affordable than elsewhere. I know the clinic which offers guaranteed packages for IP. Meaning live birth or money refund. Also I agree IP must trust the place they've been treated at. It's very important for all sides of the process. It'd be nice if you could share your journey with us. There are many people here looking for this very option. Hope your treatment is going well. Are you using own eggs? Hope to hear from you soon.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:47 am

mimimama wrote:
Kendell bling wrote:Everything depends on how your body reacts to it. If it accepts the implant. It will be a success. If it does not. You will have to look for alternatives. Also, it depends on how many eggs are retrieved. The number should be good. In addition, they should be able to get fertilized. I hope things work out for you. Make sure you follow all the instructions. Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Do not take the stress. Do some light exercises. In addition, take care of your diet. Loads of wishes and hugs your way.

PGS NGS might be an option in case of implantation failure.

I'm with you. PGS dramatically increases chance of conception. 'Cause doctor expertise to identify the most suitable and healthiest embryo/s to transfer. PGS searches for aneuploidy – extra or missing chromosomes. Though it doesn't test for genetic disease (if any in one of the parents). The pros of PGS are that you learn a lot about the health of your embryo and then can make completely informed decisions about your fertility treatment. The cons of PGS are cost and a 1.5 percent error rate. NGS is on the horizon to replacing PGS because of the procedure’s lower cost and reduced errors. NGS allows embryologists to screen for defects on the chromosomal level with higher accuracy and more detail.
Both options are great to try with ivf cycle, particulary if this is the case of previous miscarriages.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby riazoyer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 am

That’s a pretty motivating story to hear! I’ve seen many women getting their lives changed through this clinic. Each day I got to hear such amazing news. I am an infertile person too. And I am looking for such procedures for so long. This would probably make me even stronger to look for this procedure. Love.XX
riazoyer
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF