April IVF anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IVF anyone?

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi everyone i just did my iui procedure this morning with over 12 follicles over 20mm and 13million sperm 99 percent motility. Im in so much pain right now. I trigger on monday at 6pm the ovulation pain started around 10am this morning. My flight was for one pm today to come back home. I ask for a wheel chair to be able to make it. I just got home i started with diarea belly is very tender and bloated. Doc was a little concern on the hyperstimulation. I was instructed to eat salty, drink Gatorade and preprotein shakes to help. My chances are very high this cycle and im praying for a healthy baby or babies. Trying to stay positive although my mine wants to play trick. I did do about 5 session on acupuncture to help and i drink drea, coq10, iuquinol prenatals, royal jelly and maca. I feel i did everthing on my control now its God turn to Glorify in me. Amen!!
I will start the endomitrim 3 times a day on saturday and the progesterone in oil next week Tuesday. Ufff more needles.
Anything or suggestion available out there are welcome for these critical days to help with the pain and my bloated belly that is already hurting prety bad?

Yellow how is everything? You doing ok, babies two?
Pandagrl, couple month of break is always good before u start any procedure, keep taken your supplements and you will be in the best shape for your next ivf.
I will continue taken what i have been drinking but will lower my dose. I was drinking 600 coq10 i will go down to 300. And the drea i will only take one not two.
I pray to God that this will be it for me.
Its been a long journey, but never give up.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Yellow578 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

EmWaz im so sorry and totally agree with panda. That's one of the few things we still can't control or know - the exact quality of the embryo. Even the pretty looking ines aren't always good! I hope you decide to give those frosties a chance. Our first IVF didn't take and we were so worried all of my eggs were going to be bad quality but you just never know which ones will be the one.hang in there and hope to hear from you soon.

mg - when we started doing IUIs years ago I really found that bed rest and no movement helped the most. I know that's not practical or possible but those were the times I felt the least amount of pain. For me drinking tons I just water also helped, not sports drinks.

Panda - timing sucks doesn't it? For me I really felt like I was running up against the clock with my age and all and although this wasn't an ideal time for us to do IVF we just did it. It sounds like your schedule might not allow for that... I can't believe we don't have more support services for women that are going through these procedures. But hey who knows maybe you'll conceive naturally and you'll be graduating to the BFP board way before you thought you would!! ;). Fingers crossed!!!

AFM we had an u/s last week with the fertility clinic and saw two barely there heartbeats and this week through our insurance carrier we saw them again. They also checked to see if I had any blood clots or polyps and didn't find any so they aren't sure why I've been having bleeding. We are happy yet terrified! I'm also feeling absolutely horrible with the morning sickness.
Me 38 low AMH and DOR
DH 38 and perfect!
TTC for second
IUI #1 letrazole menopur trigger November 2013 BFN
double IUI #2&3 lupron menopur estradiol trigger progesterone January 27/28 (trigger on 1/26/2014)
BFP on 2/8 on HPT
IUI #1 11/23/2015 menopur, trigger, progesterone BFN
IUI #2 12/17/2015 menopur, trigger, progesterone BFN
IUI #3 3/4/2016 menopur, trigger, progesterone
BFN 3/12 (10DPIUI)
IUI #4 7/2016 BFN
IVF #1 12/2016 menopur gonal f cetrotide progesterone
12 eggs 9'mature 7 fertilized with ICSI
Fresh transfer of 3-3 day embryos BFN
IVF #2 3/2017 lupron, menopur, gonal-f, omnitrope
ER 3/10 20 eggs 12 fertilized without ICSI but with co-culture
4 blasts frozen on day 6.
5/5/2017 Transferred 2 grade AA
5/16/2017 HCG 981
5/18/2017 HCG 2099
5/23/2017 first u/s!
Yellow578
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:53 am

MG - oh wow, 12 follies! I'm praying at least one of those has your baby in it. How are you feeling now? Still bloating? Salty foods and high protein and try to rest. Like you said, you did everything right, it's in god's hands now. Really hoping from some good news from you this month. It's your time!

Yellow, I'm so relieved and thrilled to hear that everything is alright despite the bleeding. Sucks that you've got nausea but it's all worth it! Keep rising HSG, we want to hear all about those babies in 9 months! Well, less than 9 months at this point. How far along are you now? Wishing a healthy and happy pregnancy and keeping my fingers crossed that the nausea eases up soon.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 am

Hi ladies!!
Yes panda rest and lots of liquid help. Today im 7 dpiui i tested this morning to make sure the trigger shot was out. And it is no trace of it. So now is when i start freaking out and tge two week kill me. Im planing on not testing until Sunday which puts me on 11dpo. Please god let it ne this time please. Not feeling much beside my booobies being very sore especially in the morning when i weak up. Its been since 2 day later i ovulated. Stil bloated but it does not hurt.
Have been feeling like rf is on its way and i try to think positive its inplantation trying to full my self ahhh ;(. Its hard, very hard.

Please ladies i know we are all in the same boat please keep me in your prayers.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Hang in there, MG, Sunday will roll around quickly! I have my fingers and toes and everything crossed for you and sending you good vibes for a BFP. Keep the faith and stay positive.
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Its sunday, tested this am in hope of seeing something but nothing. I put the test in all different angles and nothing. So disappointed today im 12 dpo 14dptrigger shot. I really hope there is something growning in my belly. Come on it was 12 mature follicle. What is wrong with me? This does not look good. I dont think ivf will make a difference. Started with my usual migraine last night and feeling rf is on its way. Not sure if i will still see her ugly face using 3x endometrim and .5mg of progesteron in oil. Is it to late for implantation? I wanna cry ;(
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 am

sorry i haven't been checking the boards lately... how are you MG? Did you have this verified? I'm so sorry if it was another BFN, I really had my hopes up for you. What's next for you? I hope you're feeling okay... ?

AFM, just waiting for AF to start. I will be doing another IVF cycle in august.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi pandagrl, im sorry your ivf didnt work :(. Im a little concern that ivf will also be a negative for me since they dont seam to figure out as to why all my iui have fail. Im taken a two month break writhing for rf to start a long protocal with lupron 3 weeks after if i decide to go foward next month i should do egg retrival the last week of August.
What your plan for this one? How many ivf you plan to try. I really pray this time it is. We all deserve to have our little bundel of joy.
Dont be a stranger. Baby dust
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 am

Have you tried seeking a second opinion? Has your doctor made sure that there are no polyps, cysts, endo, any other kind of obstructions in and around your uterous? I feel like they should be giving you more concrete answers (or even estimates) about why your treatments have failed so far and what they can do to improve your odds in the future.

My treatments are failing because of my age. I have a lot of eggs (thank god) but the quality is obviously not good. This will be my second and last IVF. I actually almost didn't want to do it but my therapist said something that convinced me to give it one more try. So I will be doing IVF with ER in late august/early september. I think the retrieval will probably be in the first week of september based on the length of my cycles. It sounds like we will be cycling around the same time again, we can be cycle buddies :)

so you will be doing the long lupron protocol? I will be on the estrace priming protocol. I don't know if that's considered a long one or not. Basically, I have to take estrogen after my July period starts and then after my August period is when I will get all the IVF injectible meds to prepare my follicles. The doctor said I was borderline OHSS last time and that she's going to push my body harder this time which means my risk for OHSS will be increased. That is completely freaking me out, I can't even think about it.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pandagrl » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:08 am

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread and I'm not sure where else to post this but um, well, I just got a natural BFP :shock:

My period is a couple days late and since I temp, I noticed that my temperature has been high for 17 days now so I POAS this morning and got a BFP! I'm supposed to be starting estrogen this cycle to prep me for IVF for august. I can't believe it, I'm freaking out. I'm happy but terrified too and trying not to get my hopes up too high cuz I'm 41 yrs old and my eggs aren't too great... Keep me in your prayers.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Omg pandagrl!!!! Omg congratulation!!! No way. For real. How exited. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted. Did you call your doc? Tell me more, did you feel anything coming up to your test. Boobies, cramp? Tomorrow is my rf day and i brrn a good grl and not test all month. Like u mention im waithing for rf to start birth control pill for 3 weeks lupron for another week wait for rf and start the medication. Egg retrival in late August
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:13 am

I'm terrified that this is just a chemical or will end in a miscarriage. I don't feel anything today, not a single thing. I had some cramping over the past couple of days but I get that sometimes right before my period. My boobs were a little sore, but not very much. Today, no sore boobs, nothing. But still no period. I called my clinic yesterday and left them a message but no one has called me back yet. I'm completely freaking out. Should I be taking progesterone? I'm going to do another POAS later today or first thing tomorrow morning to make sure I'm still testing positive. I'm too stressed out to be happy.

I hope that this cycle is the one for you, mglupe. I think that IVF in general is very informative to doctors. But you didn't tell me, did the doctor do all the anatomical tests to make sure there's nothing wrong? Like the saline sono and maybe an HSG? They should definitely do that stuff before doing an IVF. I'm sure you've probably gone through all of that already. I hope your period comes soon so you can get started on your cycle.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Pandagrl try not to freak out. I would probably be feeling the same lol. Do you have any left over progesteron? If you do i would start using them twice a day just to take some precaution. Everything will be ok. Watch and see, its a healthy bean jijiji hiw exited im so happy. Your outcome is making me want to wait a little bit more on the ivf procedure and keep trying naturally.
I think we have done all test that can be pisibly done and twice i even did a d & C procedure to clean any scar tissue which i did have from my C section 14 years ago. My tube are open my egg reserve is in the normal range. Uterine grow each cycle around 8 to 9mm by ovulation day. We also do extra progesteron in oil and vaginal every cycle just in case but noting has happen
A total of 9iui.
Im taken supplements and i also have my dh take fertilaid and motility although he is also ok.
Just take it easy, eat health, rest as much as u can. Tomorrow i would just drive to the office for blood work if i was you :). Let me know the beta numbers. Babydust!!
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Will i forgot to mention. I im due for rf today and nothing showed up, beside my usual migraine this morning. I will test tomorrow morning just to make sure im not and continue my migraine medication. Thats a other thing thats has happen to me i use to be 28 day cycle since i have been in all these mefication my cycle has been in the 30s and up to 35 days. Even though i ovulate cd 13 and 14.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:08 am

MG, did you test this morning? You have definitely done all of the testing and done everything right. Especially being on all of the supplements. It has to happen for you, I'm convinced its just a matter of time. Do you remember that other girl we used to talk to last summer? We had that long thread going on the IUI boards. She ended up getting pregnant naturally after what I think was also 9 IUIs. I don't want to give you false hope but I do think it can happen. Statistically, the chances are low though. At least at my age. And I'm pretty sure it's not happening for me. This is just a fluke.

I tested again this morning and I got another positive but the line is much fainter. I'm pretty sure I'm having a chemical. All my symptoms are completely gone now. My clinic finally called me back yesterday and told me to call my family doctor to arrange for pre-natal care. They didn't want to do a beta or anything! I couldn't believe it. They said "good luck" and to call them back if it doesn't work out. I'm so disappointed. I emailed my fertility doctor's secretary this morning to plead with them to send me for beta testing. My family doctor won't know what to do. She will just refer me to an ob-gyn. So annoying. I'm so stressed. I feel like this will set me back and it will take longer now to do my next IVF which means my eggs will be even older and shittier.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF