April IVF anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IVF anyone?

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:33 am

What? You are kidding me. Your fertility doc is the one that needs to see you. Can you just walk in? You are still under there care. I will not take a no for an answer.
Yes i tested this morning negative. I think my cycle are just getting longer.
So its pushing everthing furter to the end of August early september. Im confuse if i need to start the birth control this month or we are just starting lupron 3 weeks later
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 am

I emailed them and pleaded that they at least send me for a beta test and they agreed. So I snuck out of the office yesterday and had my blood drawn... waiting for the results now. I know it's going to be very low, I just want to ease my mind so that I can focus on the next steps. If I get my period soon we will be on the same schedule for IVF... Unless they make me wait after the chemical for longer for some reason (with my luck, there will probably be further delays). I don't know anything about the lupron cycle so I can't help you there. Did you have to take birth control before lupron last time?
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:17 am

Mostlikely u will have wait until you back to normal and your level are back to zero. Mostlike for one cycle. Did you received your result back?
Yes last time i was on birthcontrol for 3 weeks since i had couple cyst then started lupron 10m daily until rf came. Once rf came two days later i started follistim and menopur with a lower dose of lupron. Then trigger with 12 follicle and iui. No rf this morning, tested to make sure, negative. Currently eith a bad migraine sign that shes on her way.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 am

It's starting... I'm spotting and starting to have really bad cramps. No phone call yet. I have a big meeting this afternoon at work that I have to lead. I wish I could leave to go home, I'm starting to feel really upset not to mention in pain :( I am trying to look at this in a positive light. My body was actually able to get pregnant, so I can't give up now.
You are probably right, MG, I will have to wait for the HCG to go down to zero. Hopefully it will be quick this time. I hope your period comes soon so that you can start focusing on the new cycle.
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Oh no i hope you feel better. You right look at it in a positive way, you were able to get prego on your own. Thats a good thing. You just have to focus on egg quality. Im taken drea twice a day i read good thing about it and ubiquinol
Rf just came an hour ago cd 30 not bad two days different. Will call in tomorrow to see what the protocal will be. I think im going for it this next cycle and not wait any longer. If for any reason i develop any complication i will freeze them for couple month and do a tranfer later on
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 am

Hi pandagrl, how are you this morning? I really hope you made it through your day yesterday.
As for me my medication came in. I normaly order them from fast ivf or ivfpharmacy its way cheaper there.
My husband saw the packaged last night and ask me about it. I guess he dont think im serious about it. That made me sad. I know that the funds are tight but im working, i will paid it off. I just dont know want to do anything his not up to.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi MG, I'm feeling better today. Yesterday was rough. I definitely have my period, though my beta was 51 on Monday so it was a chemical. I'm going in tomorrow for blood and u/s to start preparing for IVF. My partner and my mom are trying to convince not to do IVF again. They are saying that this is proof that I can still get pregnant and that we should just keep trying naturally.

I'm sorry to hear that your husband isn't really thrilled about IVF but I can understand him too. It's hard for everyone. I'm glad your period came, now you can focus on the new cycle. Baby dust to both of us, hoping this is our time.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Thats is great that no time will be wasted. I think we will be on the same cycle. Rf came on tuesday. I called the office today and we are going to start with 2mg of extrace twice a day for 3 weeks office visit on the 16th of August Lupron for 8 to 10 days rf should come and stimulation will begin i think i will be ready for the last week of August first week of sept. Are you planing on a 3 day transfer or 5 day. I ask the doc that i want two babies ready to implant lol.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:13 pm

omg, we are on almost the exact same schedule! :D i start estrace on aug 15,but i'm not taking lupron. I'm doing PGS testing this time so I will be transferring frozen later on (god willing there is at least one normal embryo to transfer). I don't think I would transfer more than one at a time, I have heard too many terrible stories with twin pregnancies, I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Also when they are PGS tested, theoretically, they have a high chance of success. But the FET cost at my clinic is so crazy expensive ($2500) that I completely understand why people would transfer two.

I have to confess that I'm not 100% committed to IVF#2 yet.... I'm going to prepare but I won't be fully committed until it's time to start taking the injections at the end of August. I have to research where to buy medications my insurance allowance for fertility meds is almost finished. You mentioned a couple of online pharmacies... how long do they take to ship the medication? And do they have a way of keeping it cool?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Lupron is the only one that i know of needs to be cold so that one i order at fastivf if you order by thurday u receive it by monday the latest tuesday her in the USVI. Follistim and menopur dont need refrigeration so i order them thru ivfpharmcy it takes a little longer about 10days. But shipping is less $25. Verses $75 . You know every penny counts :)
I was put on estrace because i complain that my period for the past month has been very little to nothing so instead of bc i will be ob estrace for 3 weeks. I have not said anything yet to dh i will call the office on friday and put a deposit down to reduce the final balance jijiji.
I feel like im not ready, not sure why..
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 am

Ok, thanks. How do you know exactly how many meds you will need? I guess they just calculate it for you? Did you end up using everything last time or needing more of anything? At my clinic they give you a prescription enough for the first few days, then you go for ultrasound then they give you more prescriptions for another day or two, then u/s, then more prescriptions. For my first IVF, I must have gone to the pharmacy at least 5 times. So I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to order online but I was looking at the prices at ivfmeds.com yesterday and wow, what a huge savings. I will have to figure something out.

Why do you think you don't feel ready? I don't feel ready either. I want to keep trying naturally since the chemical but I'm worried that I'm losing precious time and eggs because I'm so old at this point :roll:
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 am

We are on the sane boat lol. I feel the same we have a 50 50 chance that can eventually happen natural but i also feel that if i have try for 2 years with iui and medication and nothing has happen what are my probability it will with the facture of egg quality and the clock cliking. Will the doct does and estimate of what might be needed 2 900iu of folistim and 20 vial of menopur. Last time i was on 150 folistim and 75 menopur so i only use 10 vials of menopur and all the folistim. Any additional if needed then i just have to pay full price at there office. But i have been able to save a ton. So ask for a priscription agead of time and order an estimate of what they think you will use.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Yes, I think the same thing... if they can put the sperm inside my uterus right at the right moment in my cycle for several months in a row and I'm not getting pregnant, what are the chances of getting pregnant naturally? There is a big element of luck to all of this though.

However it happens, I hope we both find our luck soon!

My HCG is 14 today so I have to repeat the bloodwork on august 3rd. It has to get below 5 or they will cancel the cycle. Hopefully everything will be fine by next week.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:54 pm

I have not google lol how to help our hormone go back to normal quicker. I really hope they are below 5 and continue on the same cycle :) i started the extrace 3 days ago, beside feeling hot everything is normal. O and my face hace broke out with painful pimples.
I will be up to pr on the 16th of August they will take the first sample of sperm on that day and then another one on the day of egg retrival just in case they like to have two set of swimmers. I will call them tomorrow to charge half up front to help me managed the total jijiji. Ufff the days are moving a little to quickly for me. Im not quite ready. No one know in my family how far im willing to go.
Please God let this be it.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:51 am

I'm praying for you MG that this is it. You have done everything right, just keep doing what you're doing and try to be positive. I'm kind of hoping my HCG hasn't gone down below 5 so that I can delay by another month. I'm really having cold feet. I hate IVF so much, this happened to me last time too. Ugh :(
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF