April IVF anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IVF anyone?

Postby EmWaz78 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:43 am

Triggered last night. Retrieval Monday at 9:15, and hopefully a 5dt on Saturday! Heading to a baseball game today with my mama. Enjoy your Sunday!!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforbaby2882 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:40 am

I'd love to join you ladies :)

Quick back story, we've been ttc for 2.5 years, nothing identified with me but dealing with male factor (counts in the range of 4-6mil, morphology and motility is normal). This is our first IVF. I started bcp on CD3, then switched to 225mg doses of gonal F on April 1. Day 5 ultrasound showed 10 follicles on one side, 9 on the other. All in the range of 6-9mm. Day 8 of stims, they were in the range of 11-13. Now doing cetrotide and gonal f, ER sometime this week! I'm so nervous!

They did a last minute change and are making my trigger an ovidrel/lupron combo, or maybe all lupron? I originally just ordered ovidrel. Anyone heard of this? This is all new to me, but I totally though lupron was a stim that people use instead of gonal f?

Best wishes to everyone, I pray you all get your bfp ❤️❤️❤️
Prayingforbaby2882
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:21 am

Edited/updated:

Praying:Welcome! My first two Egg retrievals I triggered with Lupron which is typically done if your estrogen is very high. For me I used Lupron as part of my suppression this time and triggered with HCG. I am just on my way back from my Er and they retrieved 17 eggs. Not sure of quality/maturity, but happy with number! Good luck to you!

I went from feeling wonderful to terrible in just a few minutes. I somehow missed the call from the RE's office, but they left a message. All it said was from the 17 retrieved, there are only 6 that are at the normal 2-cell stage today. I will get another update tomorrow. This is my last cycle. I am not optimistic at all.
Last edited by EmWaz78 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 am

Hi ladies, i will love to joint april ivf. All this is new to me to. I will be doing my first consultation on Wednesday. A little of my back ground i have done 8iui all negative nada!!. Im 38 been tcc for almost two years now. Been reading alot. One thing im concern is egg quality since everything has check up normal good reserve good sprem count im just in the unexplained categories. Feeling very nervouse for that reason. What if my egg are good and its just the way my body is just not wanting to br prego.
I have alot of questions as to procedure medication retrieval ect.
3 day transfer vs 5 day. I really hope to continue to read positive outcome and want to wish everyone on this journey baby dust to all of us.
So anyone taken supplements cow10, b12, vitex, ect? Will like to know if yes in what dose.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 am

Hi everyone, seeing some familiar names here! I am on track for my first FET (fingers crossed) in late April/early May. I have 9 frozen eggs from a canceled IVF cycle in March. The doc says that as long as they fertilize, the success rates are nearly the same as doing IVF with fresh eggs. This has renewed my hope as the whole egg freezing thing wasn't part of the original IVF plan!

Emwaz, how did your ER go?

Mgclupe, I took CoQ10 for a few months. I took 600 units. I'm not taking it anymore cuz it's so expensive and my ER is over (though I might go for another round of IVF if this cycle fails so am considering getting back on the coQ10).

How is everyone else doing?
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi ladies, coq10 u can order them online and is much cheaper. The first bottel i bough it here and it was over 40. Order online and it was way less. I have read alot of good thing about it, and dont know why did start taken them before. If i have 8 fail iui must be my egg quality.
As for me went in for my consultation as for my surprise i was disvover i didnt ovulate this month nor last month. It show 7 cyst so he said. Doc plan birth control pills for 4 week, leprun to put everything to sleep and try another run of iui. We did discuss ivf but i dont think i will be able to cover out of pocket in two month over15k.
To my surprise this morning i had alot of ew discharge i thought my period was here but it ovulation, im ovulating on cd 26. This is very late for me. What the heck. Is it possible i have a good follicle in all of this mess. I really have not had a normal period. One day of spotting and thats it for about a year now.
I had a left over trigger shot and i took half. If my body wants to get rid of the cyst let give ot a push. But o will bd at least once.
So not sure what is going on or when is rf will be showing her ugly face.
Wao how exited 9 eggs. What was yoir protocol on that cycle? What was your dose? What cd day was your retrival. Ufff i have alot of question.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby medwexan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 am

Hey everyone - I'm brand new here. 37 with diminished AMH and "male factor infertility" as my chart says but we're gay so that's a laugh. Two failed IUIs in 2016 and we've moved on to IVF. I'm a little different than most because I've had cervical cancer and a radical trachelectomy in 2012, so I have a man-made cervix and will require a c-cection. But as of April 25th I'm 5 years cancer-free. ANYWHO my wife and I are in our first cycle of IVF. Today is stim day 5, the 21st will (hopefully) be retrieval. I have NO idea what my 2nd sonogram results mean (done yesterday morning) in comparison to what's optimal:

You have follicles on the right ovary that measure: 10, 9, 9mm plus 4 follicles less than 10 mm.
You have follicles on the left ovary that measure: 10, 9, 8mm plus 2 follicles less than 10 mm.
Your endometrial lining is: 6.5
Your estradiol level is: 233
37yo, queer & married
cervical cancer diagnosis March 2012, radical trachelectomy April 2012
Dimished AMH and age-related infertility and you know, a lack of sperm from my wife
2 failed IUIs in 2016
Started stims for cycle#1 of IVF on 4.10.17
As of 4.25.17:
12 eggs retrieved
9 fertilized
Day 3: still 9
Day 5: 2 frozen, 3 waiting for a day 6 update, 4 lost
medwexan

Postby EmWaz78 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:23 pm

I had my 5 day transfer today. I chose to outback two. One was a perfect hatching blast, and the other was a bit behind that but still good quality. I am hopeful. My beta will be on 4/28. So begins the long two week wait.

I find out Monday if any of the other 4 make it to freeze.

I take CoQ10 and Vitamin D plus my prenatal vitamin.

My clinic likes to see as many follicles in the 16-18mm range as possible before trigger. Good luck and happy growing.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Emwaz yeah im exited for you!!! Let the two weeks beeing. I have heard that in ivf you will be able to see it the line test start getting darker after a week :). How exited. Two yupppii!!! Sorry im exited for you.
What was the step taken in your cycle day by day?
Did you start your cycle with birthcontrol pill? Leprun?
Menapor or folistim?
What cd was retrival? Sorry i have many question.
As for me i think i just ovulated two days ago. Cd26 very late so i was waiting for rf on cd 28 but i guess not now have to wait 10 to 12 more day to see if i was just lucky this month with a late ovulation and maybe thats what it take.
Next step birthcontrol pills for 3weeks and one week of leprun and then do the stem stimulation with injectable. My re said that if i only develop 6 follicle we will do another iui.

Baby dust ladies!! Please update let keep april alive
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby SandiFranky » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Ladies,
Glad to hear some others are going through the process right now too. I'm 38, low AMH, but an average amount of follicles. I have been considering freezing my eggs for a few years but finally went for it now because the doctor said its now or never. So even though I'm not doing IVF all the way it's nice to hear some others are going thru the stims with me. ;)
SandiFranky
Friend

Postby EmWaz78 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 pm

MG: My protocol was 3 weeks of BCP. Began Lupron on day 18 (10u.) Continued Lupron for 9 days then had my baseline scan. Began Stims that night. 150 Menopur, 225 Follistim, plus the Lupron (down to 5u) in the morning.
My RE monitors with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day once beginning stims starting on day 4, and every day once trigger gets close. I stimmed for 9 days and then triggered with 10,000u of HCG. (I will say that the actual injection of the trigger did not hurt, and I was afraid of that intramuscular one, but boy was it sore the next day and for days after!)

I started Estrodile (2mg 2x/day) the evening of my ER and then added Endometrin vaginal inserts 3x/day starting the day after ER. I did not test out the trigger, and I don't plan on testing early. I want to be PUPO for as long as possible!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for the info enwaz.. ufff thats alot of medication menopur and follistim. After the retrival did you get bloated? Did you have to take time off from work? Bedrest required?
The last couple time i use follistim and trigger it was so painful it
hurt to walk to move ufff ended up in the er. And i only had 5 follicles at that time of my iui. Now its been like nothing i guess my body is used to it now.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 am

Usually for ER I am sore for a few days. Day 2 is the worst and it gets better from there. I feel pretty normal from Day 4 on. I was off from work this whole week (spring break) but I typically have only taken the surgery day off. It was wonderful to not have to work though! No bed rest after transfer. There is no evidence that it helps at all, so just light activity, no lifting. I didn't get bloated even though they got 17 eggs.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kylee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 am

Hi Everyone,

I am an old new member. I am 35 now and DH is 46. I was on the Feb/March 2012 IVF board and conceived my daughter with the first round. We are in the middle of our new protocol with frozen embies. I am currently on bcp's going in for my mock transfer this week. I'm so excited. We waited a while to go for round two just to get more situated and stable. We bought a home and DH and I both are running our own businesses. We have six AA grade embies and we are transferring one at a time. Hoping the first round takes again.

Good luck ladies and wishing us all BFP'S.
Me:32 - DH:43 - TTC #1 since Sept' 09
9/10-12/10: Clomid cycles, BFN
8/11: Updated HSG, bilateral hydrosalpinx 12/2: Bilateral salpingectomy
1/09: Day 3 blood draws 1/10: BCP started 1/10: Sonogram/ultrasound- 36 Follies!!!!!! :-) jump:
1/29: Lupron start 2/4: Follistim added
2/13:Repronex added
2/22 Retrieval - 26 total, 20 mature, Final report 20/20 fertilized!!!!!!!!!! 2/27: Day 5 ET, 1 gorgeous 4AA transferred and 6-4AA snowbabies
3/6: 8dp5dt: BFP!!!!
3/7: Beta.....120
3/9: Beta.....440
Our Sweet Pea was born 10/19/12 @ 36w3d 6lbs 4 oz Its a girl!!
Preparing for a 2nd go round 2015
ImageImage
Kylee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 am

Welcome Kylee and good luck!! How wonderful to have great quality frozen embies! Hope everything goes well for you!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF