April IVF anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IVF anyone?

Postby pandagrl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am

Emwaz, so glad to hear you had your transfer, best of luck to you, fingers crossed this is the one! And good for you for not testing early. I hope I can resist when the time comes...

Mglupe, I was on BCP for 3 weeks as well and then lupron and then I stimmed for 12 days before doing the trigger. I was terrified that I would get OHSS because I have high AMH and high follicle counts but I was fine. I was bloated and like Emwaz experienced, the 2nd day was the worst, but after that it calmed down. I think what helped me was drinking a ton of gatorade, eating salty foods (what a great excuse to munch on chips!) and eating lots of high protein meals.

Medwexen, welcome, how's stimming going? My clinic wanted the majority of follicles to be between 15 and 20 by the time of trigger. Sounds like you are on your way.

Welcome Kylee, what's a mock transfer?
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you pandagrl for the words od encouragement. How many days did u do the leprun and how many mature follicle did u end up having after 12 days of stimulation?
As for me, not sure what's going on. I know for sure i ovulated on cd27 when rf should have show her face cd28. Now i don't know wgen to expect rf :( to get started with my treatment. Would my lp be the same 14 to 16 days before rf show her face? I dont know about you ladies but im gain weight pretty rapidly with all these vitamin and extra medication. 15 pounds in 6 month noting fits.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kylee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 am

Thank you everyone for the welcoming arms.

Pandagirl:I have given birth since my last( and only) ivf so they want to make sure there are no unexpected changes in my uterus. I also had a c-section so they want to try and prevent implantation along the scar.
Me:32 - DH:43 - TTC #1 since Sept' 09
9/10-12/10: Clomid cycles, BFN
8/11: Updated HSG, bilateral hydrosalpinx 12/2: Bilateral salpingectomy
1/09: Day 3 blood draws 1/10: BCP started 1/10: Sonogram/ultrasound- 36 Follies!!!!!! :-) jump:
1/29: Lupron start 2/4: Follistim added
2/13:Repronex added
2/22 Retrieval - 26 total, 20 mature, Final report 20/20 fertilized!!!!!!!!!! 2/27: Day 5 ET, 1 gorgeous 4AA transferred and 6-4AA snowbabies
3/6: 8dp5dt: BFP!!!!
3/7: Beta.....120
3/9: Beta.....440
Our Sweet Pea was born 10/19/12 @ 36w3d 6lbs 4 oz Its a girl!!
Preparing for a 2nd go round 2015
ImageImage
Kylee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 am

MG, i'm not sure how many mature follicles I had, I think around 21. The counts kept changing every day that I went in for US, it was so annoying. I ended up with 9 mature eggs. I've gained some weight too, only about 5 pounds but still everything is tight.

Kylee, oh ok, that makes sense. So they want to make sure that they can place the embryo in the ideal spot without obstructions, etc.? Well, I hope it goes okay and that you're cleared for the real thing right after :)
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 am

OK ladies, this is the part where I freak out...every time. I am now about 6dp5dt. I only have symptoms associated with progesterone, and I am less hopeful by the second. I don't know if it would be better or worse if I were poas every day. I think it has been long enough that the trigger would be out, but I just do not think I can look at another single pink line.
Anyone have good news to share? I could use some hope!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am

Emwaz stay positive, think positive thought you are prego: ) its to early to feel prego symptom not everyone is the same. Some will be feeling lots of it but some of us don't feel nothing different for many weeks to comem
I know u said u dont want to poas i dont know how u can do it. Im proud of you. If it was for me i would be poas couple times a day. Hang in there u are half way.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby EmWaz78 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks I am trying! I almost caved and bought a test today, just so I would know, but I stayed strong! Still feeling down, and I had a good cry to DH this morning. He is feeling pretty helpless but he is so supportive, even of my crazy feelings.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Emwaz, dont feel that way :(. Did u test? Maybe that will give y some confort or ufff maybe not. Geee i hate the two weeks. Waits. I gave good and bad news. Woke up this morning cd 8 to get my progesterone level test done and on my way to rhe lab rf came. What a bommer. This cycle was very off, but this is what happen when u develop cyst in your ovaries. Oh and a massive migraine that has put me down all day. Now im puzzle when do i start the birthcontrol pill do i wait a week to start them or i start them right away?
Emwaz did the other 4 made it to freeze? Fingers cross for u Baby dust!!
How is everyone else doing?
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 am

The need for a test seems moot at this point. Cramps and bleeding this morning. AF has arrived right on time. 14 dpo. I do still have two highly graded frozen embryos, but as we did not do PGD I am not hopeful that it will work out. It will take some time to save the money for a FET anyway. Best of luck to you all.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby medwexan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 am

Thanks for the welcome, Pandagirl!

We retrieved one day early on Thursday and got 12 eggs. Of those, 9 fertilized, and on day three (yesterday) we still had 9! Now of course we wait for tomorrow's day 5 update. If we have 3 or more tomorrow, we'll freeze them, do PGS, and do an FET in June. :) We're very pleased so far!

The hormonal ride has not been fun, as everyone here knows. Between the acne, bloating, and basically feeling like my emotions and brain have been hijacked, it continues to be a crazy ride for both me and my wife (bless her)!
37yo, queer & married
cervical cancer diagnosis March 2012, radical trachelectomy April 2012
Dimished AMH and age-related infertility and you know, a lack of sperm from my wife
2 failed IUIs in 2016
Started stims for cycle#1 of IVF on 4.10.17
As of 4.25.17:
12 eggs retrieved
9 fertilized
Day 3: still 9
Day 5: 2 frozen, 3 waiting for a day 6 update, 4 lost
medwexan

Postby pandagrl » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am

Emwaz, I'm so, so sorry, what a bummer. I know how disappointing this is but try to stay optimistic. The fact that you still have two frozen embies of good quality is super awesome. You had your transfer a few days after ER right? Think about how crazy hormonal your body was from all the drugs. Now you get to give it a rest for a month or two, or however long you decide, and then try a transfer again. I think there is a bit of evidence out there that shows that taking the time for your body to settle down after ER results in higher pregnancy rates. I also just heard on a podcast that there is a tiny bit of evidence that barring other fertility issues, sometimes after an IVF women are more prone to get prego naturally. So keep trying but take a break and give your body and mind the rest it needs. *Hugs*

Medwexen, those are awesome numbers, I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted on how your PGS testing goes. Keeping my fingers crossed that they're all great quality embies! Good luck!
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby medwexan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:51 am

Pandagrl - So, yesterday we got our day 5 update and found out that we have 2 embryos that were biopsied and frozen at day 5. There are 3 embryos that are continuing to develop and we will have an update on them today (day 6). The other 4 embryos arrested.

At our follow-up on May 8, our RE will review and discuss embryo results, including quality/grading, with us.

Thanks everyone for your support :)
37yo, queer & married
cervical cancer diagnosis March 2012, radical trachelectomy April 2012
Dimished AMH and age-related infertility and you know, a lack of sperm from my wife
2 failed IUIs in 2016
Started stims for cycle#1 of IVF on 4.10.17
As of 4.25.17:
12 eggs retrieved
9 fertilized
Day 3: still 9
Day 5: 2 frozen, 3 waiting for a day 6 update, 4 lost
medwexan

Postby EmWaz78 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 pm

So...I was wrong. I definitely did not get a period. I had very light spotting that cleared up quickly. My Beta is Friday. I actually think it will be positive. I had a mini freak out this evening and I didn't have any tests at home, but I did have an OPK. It was super positive. I am going to get an actual pregnancy test tomorrow. I am feeling completely crazy. My DH is working evenings so he hasn't been here to see how crazy I am.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Omg emwaz!!! Thats is great news.
I just cant believe how strong u have been in not testing. Uffff i would have druf myself to the store so fast. Jijij
Ok, ok. Did you test. I wanna see. Strong positive? Ufff im lossing it now for u . Lots of baby dust
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 am

EmWaz78 wrote:So...I was wrong. I definitely did not get a period. I had very light spotting that cleared up quickly. My Beta is Friday. I actually think it will be positive. I had a mini freak out this evening and I didn't have any tests at home, but I did have an OPK. It was super positive. I am going to get an actual pregnancy test tomorrow. I am feeling completely crazy. My DH is working evenings so he hasn't been here to see how crazy I am.

OMG, Embwaz, I'm so freakin' excited for you! Reading this just made my day. And it's Friday! So your beta is today! Did you test? Sending you tons of baby dust and positive vibes for a good beta!

Medwexen, those numbers are still great, I'm excited for you too. Good luck at your follow-up appointment, keep us posted!

As for me, tomorrow is day 14 and I'm going in for an U/S. I've been on estrace since day 3 and it's making me totally crazy. If all goes well and my thawed eggs can make embryos, I'm likely looking at an embryo transfer late next week. If time could just move a little quicker... the anticipation is killing me :mrgreen:
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF