April IVF anyone?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IVF anyone?

Postby EmWaz78 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

First beta today at 13dp5dt is 1038!

I am a little concerned that both stuck! Second Beta scheduled for Monday!

Still not much in the way of symptoms but I am not worried about that at all. Tender/sensitive breasts, frequent urination, and needing to eat about every two hours or I get a hollow ache in my belly, but nothing ever really sounds appealing. Anyone else testing??
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 am

Congratulation Emwaz!!!! How exited. Two sound great. For all we been through jijiji lol. Wishing you a health pregnacy... yeah!!! Keep us updated. Its nice to have an idea of what to expect day by day. God bless you.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Mon May 01, 2017 6:33 am

Emwaz, congrats!!!!! :D :balloons: I'm so happy and excited for you! That is an awesome beta! When is your next one? Are you feeling tired at all? Are you still taking any meds like prometrium?

Mcglupe, any updates from you? Did you start the birth control pill yet? When I did it I had to start BCP on day 3 of my cycle and then I took it for three weeks and then started injections. I hated the BCP, I was cranky and emotional the whole time. Kind of like I am now! :mrgreen:

My scan went well and my lining is ready! The lab will be thawing and fertilizing my eggies on May 2nd and transfer is scheduled for May 7th. Wish me luck! I am praying that my eggs survive to fertilize and produce some good quality embryos. Please Universe, I just need one! :luck:
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Panda, good luck!! I know those days leading up to transfer can be really stressful, just try to be positive!

My second beta was today. 4485! No more bloodwork necessary. I will schedule my first ultrasound for Monday. My Dr said any time after 5/4, but I have Mondays off, so it works better for me. I am excited to see a little heartbeat (or two!)

*Update: my ultrasound will be on Tuesday because they are booked on Monday! I am kind of bummed, but what is one more day...
Last edited by EmWaz78 on Tue May 02, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EmWaz78 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Oh, and I am still taking my estrace and Endometrin (vaginal suppositories)
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Pandagrl i started my birth control pill last week Monday for three weeks i have a schedule ultra sound on the 16 to see if all cyst has desapared then i will do 14 days of lupron to reduce them even more. Maybe it will be less day but i order the 14 day kit. Im still taken coq10 600mg and dhea 50mg daily with my prenatal. I read that it takes about 90 days to really make a difference on your eggies so im hopping that 45 to 60 day on them has made a difference.
Emwaz, im do happy for you, ufff i can wait to hear its twin jijiji.lol
Wish you a healthy 9 months. How many estrace and endomitrim are you taken daily?
Baby dust two all of us.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 am

Emwaz, super high beta again! So exciting! That very well might be twins :) Wowza. I'm looking forward to hearing about your ultrasound! How many weeks will you be considered to be along at that point?

Mcglupe, I'm excited that you've started the pill, you're on your way! It will be egg retrieval day before you know it! Wishing you luck with stimming, hope you grow a ton of perfect healthy eggs.

My eggs are being thawed today and fertilized... I'm on pins and needles! They won't call me with an update until tomorrow so I'm just sitting here waiting, trying to focus on work but not being very productive at all, lol.
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 am

Uffff pandagrl that can be nerve rakking. Im debating if i should try one my iui i dont think i will have the additional 8k for retrieval. Or the time to take off from work since i have to travel to puerto rico which is the closes ivf office. I understand that the have to monitor me every other day until trigger day. I just received my medication from fast ivf.com they came prety fast. Im exited and nurvous at the same time.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby EmWaz78 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 am

Pandagirl: Wishing you all the best today and hoping for a great fertilization report for you tomorrow! Next Tuesday I will be 6weeks 2days. Nurse said they do 3 ultrasounds and then I get released to the regular OB/GYN.
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm

mcglupe, how many iui's have you had? i thought you were taking medication in preparation for ivf? i know that sometimes ivf gets downgraded to iui but won't you be getting monitored while you're stimming? is the doctor letting you choose which one you want to do? i totally understand the time, not to mention money ($$$!), constraints of these treatments. it's very challenging...

Emwaz, thank you so much!!! i'll report back when i get some info :)
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Pandagrl i had 9iui i have lost count. Im going through the hole process of ivf but he stated that if he can get 6 follicle we will do an iui instead. But all the medication and stimming is under ivf protocol. Im nervous :( i wana just go with the ivf but im not ready. I wanna cry ...i feel i have a better chance with ivf.
I dont know how to convince my husband to go for it. If i could just freeze them for later.
Tomorrow is the big day for u to know how many fertilized. How exited keep us posted.
Emraz already 6 week next week so fast in no time you will be over the first trimester.
Good luck ladies, naby dust to all of us
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 am

oh mcglupe, i'm sorry to hear that, that's a lot of iui's. i understand if you're not ready for ivf. i originally was going to do ivf in september but then i freaked out and realized i just wasn't ready and canceled it on the day i was supposed to start taking meds. by the time i was ready it was february. i kind of wish i had done it earlier but you can't force yourself beyond your emotional limits. have you done the iui's back-to-back? have they all been medicated cycles? i know there is so much pressure to keep going but you should consider taking a break. your body needs to recover from all the medication and your mind will feel refreshed too. maybe you could freeze your eggs? that will give you more time to try to convince your husband... wish you all the best.

so i just got my fertilization report and did a little dance in my office! of 9 frozen eggs, 6 successfully thawed and all 6 fertilized! I'm trying to reign myself in, so that my expectations don't get too crazy. this is just step 1 of many, many steps that my little eggs have to go through before they make a baby, but I can't help being pleased with these numbers. praying that all 6 start dividing and thriving... :luck:
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EmWaz78 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:30 am

Pandagirl: That is AWESOME!!! So happy for you. I know that the next few days are nerve wracking, but just try and stay positive! Sunday will be here before you know it!
EmWaz78
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am

Woa!! Nice that is great new pandagrl. Yes prayers going up that all 6 make it blast.
Thank you for the words of encourage. All my cycles have been medicated thats why i feel that my egg quality is the problem beside having somr issue on my linning. I have done injectable. Progesterone in oil endomitrim 3 time aday. The hole cakalu lol and not even once have i seen a bpf. So im scare to jump into ivf and nothing happen.
How many are u planing to put back in your uterus? I will not hesitate to di two if they A quality and 5 days. Sending lots of good vivid to u. Was there any reason you had ti freezes your egg at retreval and you didn't do the full process at that time?
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Pandagrl any update on your eggies? They should be on stage 4 or 6 now. Sending positive vibes your way couple more day and its transfer day.
Emwaz how are you feeling? Hoping your are doing just fine.
Im in my second week of birth control pills and i have had the worst migraine ever. Took 3 imitrex yesterday and two avil to help with the pain. Other than that everything is just quiet.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to IVF