May Transfers

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

May Transfers

Postby queenypink » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Hello friends - I didn't see a May transfer topic, so I'm hoping it's okay to start one.

It has been a few years since I've been on here. I have a long history of fertility issues, and definitely spent a fair time obsessing on this site over th years. My husband and I were TTC for three years, which included the natural route and many failed IUI's. At the three year mark we had our first IVF cycle. We had one perfect 4AA embryo transferred, with 6 embies making it to freeze. Our transfer resulted in our beautiful, and perfect sweet baby girl who is now 17 months.

We are ready to try for number two! We will be doing our frozen cycle as soon as AF hits. Of course, and go figure, the one time I literally can't wait to get my period, I'm now two days late (with no sight of her anytime soon :( ). Def not pregnant -- DH and I have been travelling and have to have mega safe sex as a result (Zika). I'm definitely anxious and worried because our frosties are not graded as well.

Praying AF arrives any day now, and if so, transfer should be scheduled for the very beginning of May.

Throughout my TTC journey this board was a lifesaver. Hoping to find some ladies who can shares all the good (and hopefully not too much bad) this journey has to offer! Making a baby, at least for my husband and I, certainly is an adventure! :D
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range
DH: 38 Yrs. SA came back low-ish
Official Dx: Unexplained

Five unmedicated IUI's - All Neg.
| 29.03.14 | 29.04.14 | 23.06.14 | 22.07.14 | 19.08.14 |

IVF #1: Baseline Mar 17/15
ER Mar 30th -- 15 eggies collected, 13 mature, 10 fertilized naturally
ET Apr 4th -- 4AA Blastocyst Embaby <3
6 perfect frosty day 6 blasts/expanded blasts

BFP at 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt Apr 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt Apr 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt Apr 24th - 8337
DD born Oct '15 at 32wks gest. She's perfect!

FET #1: May 2/17 BFN
FET #2: June 6/17

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: May Transfers

Postby johnnyswifey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Good luck!!!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pleasethistime » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi Ladies,

Hoping i can join this thread :D My husband and i have been TTc for 2.5years, we have unknown infertility. I have just had a second IUI fail :cry: and i just can't do another (i don't have enough faith it will work). So we now plan to move onto ICSI, i'm both excited and scared and would really appreciate others to talk to. Have any of you done genetic testing of the embryos to check their viability? My friend did it on her third (and successful) IVF cycle and i'm considering paying more (i don't have insurance) and doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Goodluck all x
Pleasethistime

Postby Pleasethistime » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 pm

queenypink wrote:Hello friends - I didn't see a May transfer topic, so I'm hoping it's okay to start one.

It has been a few years since I've been on here. I have a long history of fertility issues, and definitely spent a fair time obsessing on this site over th years. My husband and I were TTC for three years, which included the natural route and many failed IUI's. At the three year mark we had our first IVF cycle. We had one perfect 4AA embryo transferred, with 6 embies making it to freeze. Our transfer resulted in our beautiful, and perfect sweet baby girl who is now 17 months.

We are ready to try for number two! We will be doing our frozen cycle as soon as AF hits. Of course, and go figure, the one time I literally can't wait to get my period, I'm now two days late (with no sight of her anytime soon :( ). Def not pregnant -- DH and I have been travelling and have to have mega safe sex as a result (Zika). I'm definitely anxious and worried because our frosties are not graded as well.

Praying AF arrives any day now, and if so, transfer should be scheduled for the very beginning of May.

Throughout my TTC journey this board was a lifesaver. Hoping to find some ladies who can shares all the good (and hopefully not too much bad) this journey has to offer! Making a baby, at least for my husband and I, certainly is an adventure! :D

Hi!

I'm also waiting!! Maybe we will be cycle buddies. It is so positive to hear it worked for you last time!!
Pleasethistime

Postby queenypink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Yay, a May transfer buddy!

Johnnyswife -thanks for the well wishes! I would love to hear your story - are you currently going through the IVF process?

Pleasethistime - so sorry to hear about the failed IUI's. I know how that feels. Been there, done that, no fun at all. We originally planned to do 6 IUI's, but after the fifth we also lost all faith in that process for us. Our first IVF attempt had a very very happy ending, and I'm so glad we decided to move on to IVF. We're not covered for any fertility treatments either. I would love to keep you company along your journey! Have you started your meds yet? We didn't do genetic testing with our embryos. I almost wish we did because I'm a little anxious about the quality of our little frosties.

Well my period came after being two days late - not too bad! I'm on cycle day 5 right now, and I'm taking 2mg of Estrace twice a day. My ultrasound to check lining and plan our transfer date is scheduled for the 24th. One week away, and surprisingly, time has been moving so quickly! Super crazy excited!
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Pleasethistime » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Wow Queenypink that's amazingly exciting! I really have loved hearing your story as it gives me faith that IVF could work for us too. My period is late but i can feel it is on its way! I spoke to my RE and he said to go in on the second day of my cycle to start my meds. With my IUI's i took Gonal F, not sure if he'll keep me on the same. Please please keep me updated on your progress. I have a good feeling it'll be positive news for you again really soon. Hayley :)
Pleasethistime

Postby EliRivers » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Hey folks, I was hoping to jump on this thread - set to do ICSI mid-May. I'm on a 4 week BCP protocol, with Buserelin injections starting at 3 weeks, and then FSH injections starting at 4.5 weeks. I'm 32 with an AMH of 5.7 and partner has low morphology and low motility.

@Please: I HEAR you on the lack-of-faith for IUI!!! It felt like such a joke to be banking on an 80% failure rate! I know ICSI has a 50% success rate with 5d transfers, but I'm really worried about the diminishing odds for the follicles > eggs collected > 1D > 3D > 5D. Definitely feel like I'm circling round and round in my head, and I still am over 4 weeks from collection :\

@Queeny: very exciting to hear that your first IVF worked out so well!!! FX for this round :)
EliRivers
Friend

Postby queenypink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Heya ladies! And happy -belated- Easter! We've been busy in our end having my sister visiting for the past week.

Please - Did AF show up, and if so, have you started your meds? What protocol has your doc recommending for this cycle? I'm so excited to hear about your process! And thanks a million for your well wishes. So far, I'm feeling pretty positive that we'll have LOTS of happy news on this thread!

Eli - Thanks so much! We were so very lucky and blessed with our first round. It's exciting and scary all at the same time to start this next cycle. Where are you in your cycle now? Does your body typically tolerate the fertility meds okay?

My cycle is pretty boring at the moment. I'm taking Estrace twice a day - ultrasound is Monday. I'll get the details about my transfer at that appointment. Around that time I'll also be adding Prometrium and Progesterone in Oil injection to the Estrace mix. So far, a FET is sooooooooo much easier than a fresh cycle. I almost miss the control that a fresh cycle gives you!

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby queenypink » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm

How is everyone doing? I'm on CD 11 right now and I'm so antsy because tomorrow is my ultrasound to really get this ball rolling for our first FET.

Eeee! :)

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Pleasethistime » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:22 am

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply! It's been a holiday here in Dubai and I've been busy entertaining.

My AF finally came on Friday so yesterday i went to our RE and my husband and I decided ICSI was definitely the right move for us this month. I had a scan and he could see 9 follicles. He took my hormone levels which were all within normal ranges and started me on 300 Menopur for the next 4days. In comparison to the medication i injected for IUI this one was so painful! I'm going back on Wednesday afternoon to have another scan and tomorrow we are going to have genetic counselling and IVF education.

This is all so new to me so i'm not sure what type of protocol this is but i trust him and i'm feeling much more positive than with IUI. Can i ask you ladies that have done this before, did you put back one embryo or more?

Hope all your treatment is going well?

H x
Pleasethistime

Postby queenypink » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 am

Hello ladies :)

Please - Wow, we definitely have some distance between us. I live in Canada, and it's so nice to be able to connect with someone so far away! I'm sorry to hear the meds are a little more painful this round - but so exciting that you've started the process! With my IVF fresh cycle a couple of years ago, I was also taking Menupur along with Brevelle and Orgalutron. I'm excited to hear how your training and counselling goes tomorrow! Keep us posted! And to answer your question, we transferred one embryo. I have a complex medical history that makes it impossible for my body to carry multiples. I'm only ever allowed to transfer one at a time -- which is hard because this time I totally want to transfer two to up our odds!

Eli - how are you doing these days?

Well we had our appointment at the clinic yesterday. My lining is 9.2 (looking great!) and my progesterone level is nice and low. We did a mock transfer and I got some (although not enough to feel comfortable) training for the PIO shots. I'm super comfortable with all injections to the thighs/belly, but this is the first inter muscular shot I've had to take - and first time hubby is forced to do it for me.

Transfer is scheduled for May 2nd! :) :) :)

Truth be told, I'm super anxious. Especially about taking my meds correctly. I'm staying on Estrace twice per day. On Thursday I include two Prometrium tabs three times a day, and the PIO injection every third day. I literally can't get over the idea that I'm screwing something up somewhere. This cycle for some reason is giving me some wicked anxiety.

May 2nd -- super exciting to have the date and a plan in place!

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby hopeful_80 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Ladies: I am new to internet postings but I thought I's share my story

I've been trying to conceive for about 5 1/2 yrs now. I have a 15yr DD which I had no issue conceiving when I was younger.
I have fallen under the unexplained infertility category which is frustrating
I had 2 failed IUI's last year and of course when I was in the process of IVF I had an insurance change. so I decided to wait until this year

I am currently on day 11 of Lupron and due for ultra sound and blood work this Thursday 4/27.

I too I'm schedule to have a transfer in May and I am both excited and nervous.

I am hopeful that this will work for us as hubby and I have been wanting a little one for a few years now.

I'm glad I came across this post as it is nice to know there are other people going thru this and we could help each other out.

Lots of baby dust to all you ladies***
hopeful_80
Friend

Postby Pleasethistime » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:54 pm

queenypink wrote:Hello ladies :)

Please - Wow, we definitely have some distance between us. I live in Canada, and it's so nice to be able to connect with someone so far away! I'm sorry to hear the meds are a little more painful this round - but so exciting that you've started the process! With my IVF fresh cycle a couple of years ago, I was also taking Menupur along with Brevelle and Orgalutron. I'm excited to hear how your training and counselling goes tomorrow! Keep us posted! And to answer your question, we transferred one embryo. I have a complex medical history that makes it impossible for my body to carry multiples. I'm only ever allowed to transfer one at a time -- which is hard because this time I totally want to transfer two to up our odds!

Eli - how are you doing these days?

Well we had our appointment at the clinic yesterday. My lining is 9.2 (looking great!) and my progesterone level is nice and low. We did a mock transfer and I got some (although not enough to feel comfortable) training for the PIO shots. I'm super comfortable with all injections to the thighs/belly, but this is the first inter muscular shot I've had to take - and first time hubby is forced to do it for me.

Transfer is scheduled for May 2nd! :) :) :)

Truth be told, I'm super anxious. Especially about taking my meds correctly. I'm staying on Estrace twice per day. On Thursday I include two Prometrium tabs three times a day, and the PIO injection every third day. I literally can't get over the idea that I'm screwing something up somewhere. This cycle for some reason is giving me some wicked anxiety.

May 2nd -- super exciting to have the date and a plan in place!

Don't feel bad! We all get that horrid anxiety, i'm a nurse that has been giving injections for years yet somehow i always feel like i'm not doing them right on myself. I think it is amazing you can do them!! Are you excited for your transfer date? It is not long at all!! I think mine will be around the 6th give or take a few days. I'm so happy everything is looking good for you!! I've heard of mock transfers but i'm not 100% sure what they entail?

I know it's crazy how far away we are yet in a very similar situation, i'm originally from the UK and have lived out here for the last 5 years, i'm so pleased we do as we couldn't have afforded IVF back home.

So...the counselling was amazing and answered all our questions, the genetic counselor advised we put back one embryo as my husband is a bit worried about complications with twins (strangely my sister has ICSI twins, they are 15 and have never had any problems) so we were set on that idea but then i saw the doctor and he said we should put back two. Now i'm even more confused about what to do.

I've been taking menopur for the last three days and went for a scan and labs yesterday. I have 5-6 follicles on each ovary so fingers crossed for a few goodies! Then last night they called to say my levels were too high and they are worried i'm hyperstimulating so i had to go this morning to change my meds and i go back in two days to check everything is okay. I had an MRI as well a few days ago as they thought i had a septum in my uterus -thank goodness i don't but they saw free fluid in my pelvis so i'm thinking that was the hyperstimulation.

Let me know how you're getting on as it's been a few days xx
Pleasethistime

Postby Pleasethistime » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:55 pm

hopeful_80 wrote:Hi Ladies: I am new to internet postings but I thought I's share my story

I've been trying to conceive for about 5 1/2 yrs now. I have a 15yr DD which I had no issue conceiving when I was younger.
I have fallen under the unexplained infertility category which is frustrating
I had 2 failed IUI's last year and of course when I was in the process of IVF I had an insurance change. so I decided to wait until this year

I am currently on day 11 of Lupron and due for ultra sound and blood work this Thursday 4/27.

I too I'm schedule to have a transfer in May and I am both excited and nervous.

I am hopeful that this will work for us as hubby and I have been wanting a little one for a few years now.

I'm glad I came across this post as it is nice to know there are other people going thru this and we could help each other out.

Lots of baby dust to all you ladies***

Hey!!

Wow how exciting! How did your labs go?

x
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am

Hi everyone, I have been lurking :) so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm actually over on the April thread but it's looking like my transfer will be in May so I thought I'd post here as well! May as well spread the love and good vibes.

I had my first IVF cycle in March but due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel the cycle and freeze my eggs. I got 9 mature eggs and all froze well. So now I'm prepping for a (fingers crossed) embryo transfer probably next week (May 5?). I go in for my 14 day scan tomorrow morning. I have been on 2mg of estrace twice a day. Hoping my lining is ready and that they will greenlight me tomorrow. I'm 41, so although 9 eggs is a good amount, they are worried about how they will thaw and if they will fertilize. My doc says that as long as they fertilize my chances are about the same as with fresh eggs. I'm so super hopeful that my eggies can thaw and fertilize properly. This has been a long journey.

Queeny: I'm excited for your May 2nd transfer! Hope to be a few days behind you :). The story about your first successful IVF experience was so great to read, it really gives me so much hope.

Please: glad you didn't have a septum! your follicles sound like they are growing nicely, fingers crossed you get lots of eggs!

Good luck to everyone trying out there, keep the faith!
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to IVF