May Transfers

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May Transfers

Postby queenypink » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I survived my PIO injection yesterday. It was a piece of cake, and my hubby was a rockstar! I booked our hotel for two nights fir the transfer next week (we live 4 hours away) and things are getting real! My biggest complaint at the moment is how anxious I am this cycle. Much worse than last time, and a I feel like I'm driving the nurses crazy with my million billion questions all the time.

Please - it certainly sounds like they take care of you, where you are (I cannot even begin to tell you how long the wait is to get an MRI here!) Hyperstim, oh no! How are you feeling? And that's such a tough decision about how many to transfer. I would be struggling with it too -- if I had a choice

Panda - welcome! And best of luck with your scan. How did your lining look? Did you get the green light? I'm doing the estrace as well, and have since added Prometrium and PIO injections into,the mix. Definitely a different experience than a fresh cycle! Please keep us posted, I totally understand what a long road this can be.
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range
DH: 38 Yrs. SA came back low-ish
Official Dx: Unexplained

Five unmedicated IUI's - All Neg.
| 29.03.14 | 29.04.14 | 23.06.14 | 22.07.14 | 19.08.14 |

IVF #1: Baseline Mar 17/15
ER Mar 30th -- 15 eggies collected, 13 mature, 10 fertilized naturally
ET Apr 4th -- 4AA Blastocyst Embaby <3
6 perfect frosty day 6 blasts/expanded blasts

BFP at 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt Apr 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt Apr 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt Apr 24th - 8337
DD born Oct '15 at 32wks gest. She's perfect!

FET #1: May 2/17 BFN
FET #2: June 6/17

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Pleasethistime » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 am

queenypink wrote:Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I survived my PIO injection yesterday. It was a piece of cake, and my hubby was a rockstar! I booked our hotel for two nights fir the transfer next week (we live 4 hours away) and things are getting real! My biggest complaint at the moment is how anxious I am this cycle. Much worse than last time, and a I feel like I'm driving the nurses crazy with my million billion questions all the time.

Please - it certainly sounds like they take care of you, where you are (I cannot even begin to tell you how long the wait is to get an MRI here!) Hyperstim, oh no! How are you feeling? And that's such a tough decision about how many to transfer. I would be struggling with it too -- if I had a choice

Panda - welcome! And best of luck with your scan. How did your lining look? Did you get the green light? I'm doing the estrace as well, and have since added Prometrium and PIO injections into,the mix. Definitely a different experience than a fresh cycle! Please keep us posted, I totally understand what a long road this can be.

Queeny - Yay!! Well done to your Hubby!! Wow 4 hours is such a long way! I'm sure you are not driving the nurses crazy..after all that is their job and i'm sure they realize how emotional IVF is!! Please let us know how you are doing :D

Hi Panda!! Really hope everything is going well with you? Is there any update? Yes i'm very lucky with how quickly everything here happens but i have to pay for it all and it's not cheap.

I went for a scan and bloods yesterday and found out i now have a whooping 20+mature follicles, they've said that i've hyperstimulated as i have PCOS (no one knew this till i started on the meds) they keep decreasing my meds but i feel awful! They have said i'm very high risk now so will probably have to freeze them this cycle then implant next cycle when my estrogen comes down. I'm extremely sad but i know it is for the best. Hopefully my retrieval will be on Wednesday or Thursday...i can't wait!! So i might be with the June girls :cry: Hoping you are all having a better time!

So much love and luck to you all :D
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 am

Queeny, the PIO injections don't sound fun at all! Do you have to continue those after the transfer? I'm glad that everything seems to be in place for your transfer. It's so natural to be anxious. Just try to do relaxing things and take it easy on yourself. I'm excited and will be routing for you tomorrow for a successful transfer. Good luck and tons of baby dust!

Pleasethistime, sorry to hear that your cycle will likely be canceled. I know exactly how disappointing that is but it's not worth OHSS! Are there meds they can give you to help to prevent the OHSS after ER? I have borderline PCOS so there was some concern that I would overstimulate as well (I didn't). I started drinking tons of gatorade a day or two before my retrieval and then I continued to drink nothing but tons of gatorade and protein smoothies after my retrieval. I also ate lots of high sodium foods like salty chips and crackers and canned soups. Even take-out Chinese food one day! I never eat like that so it was both kind of nice to junk-out but also a bit gross after a few days, lol. I think there are probably healthier ways to do this (e.g. coconut water apparently is super high in electrolytes). The high sodium and high protein are supposed to help to absorb all of the fluid that will be produced by your follicles after the eggs are retrieved. I know it helped a lot to manage my bloating after.

My scan went well, my lining is ready! They are thawing and fertilizing the eggs tomorrow (May 2) and my transfer is scheduled for May 7. I will also be starting on prometrium tomorrow in addition to the estrace I'm already on. Wish me luck that I get at least one good quality embryo to transfer on the 7th. I'm excited but also super nervous and worried. They said that the lab will call me with updates every day so I'll be obsessively attached to my phone waiting for those calls....
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopeful_80 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 am

Pleasethistime wrote:
hopeful_80 wrote:Hi Ladies: I am new to internet postings but I thought I's share my story

I've been trying to conceive for about 5 1/2 yrs now. I have a 15yr DD which I had no issue conceiving when I was younger.
I have fallen under the unexplained infertility category which is frustrating
I had 2 failed IUI's last year and of course when I was in the process of IVF I had an insurance change. so I decided to wait until this year

I am currently on day 11 of Lupron and due for ultra sound and blood work this Thursday 4/27.

I too I'm schedule to have a transfer in May and I am both excited and nervous.

I am hopeful that this will work for us as hubby and I have been wanting a little one for a few years now.

I'm glad I came across this post as it is nice to know there are other people going thru this and we could help each other out.

Lots of baby dust to all you ladies***

Hey!!

Wow how exciting! How did your labs go?

x

Sorry for the delay on replying back, labs were good I started follisti 225iu that Thursday the 27th and went back yesterday 5-1. I have 2 eggs at 10 and 22 eggs right behind it. my medication was reduced to 5 unit of Lupron 150iu for follitism and added 75iu of menopur yesterday. I have to back on Wednesday 5-3 for another ultrasound and blood work. So far the RE indicates everything looks good.
hopeful_80
Friend

Postby queenypink » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Hey everyone - sorry I've been MIA lately. Busy days!

I had my transfer on Tuesday. The procedure didn't go too smoothly, unfortunately. My bladder was overfull - and you all know how comfortable that can be -, they couldn't adequately visualize the catheter on ultrasound, and the doctor kept getting super frustrated with the nurse. Despite all of this, I'm feeling confident and positive about everything. I feel like my little Embie is nestled cozy and tight in there, and now the wait begins! They transferred a darling 4BB blast, and I have five frosties (same grade) chilling out. My beta is the 12th. Oh please wish positive sticky thoughts this way!

Oh and I am so NOT loving the PIO injections. Hubby got a new job out of town which means I'm going to have to learn how to do them myself, and they friggin hurt the next couple days after! All very much worth it though, of course :)

How is everyone else doing?

Please - oh man, that doesn't sound fun at all - how are you feeling? And when is your retrieval date? Please keep us posted!

Panda - oh that's so exciting that your transfer is just around the corner! Have you had any updates on the fertilization report? So eager to hear!

Hopeful - wowza, that's a crazy amount of great looking eggies! How are you feeling? Do you know approx when ER will be?
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Pleasethistime » Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 pm

pandagrl wrote:Queeny, the PIO injections don't sound fun at all! Do you have to continue those after the transfer? I'm glad that everything seems to be in place for your transfer. It's so natural to be anxious. Just try to do relaxing things and take it easy on yourself. I'm excited and will be routing for you tomorrow for a successful transfer. Good luck and tons of baby dust!

Pleasethistime, sorry to hear that your cycle will likely be canceled. I know exactly how disappointing that is but it's not worth OHSS! Are there meds they can give you to help to prevent the OHSS after ER? I have borderline PCOS so there was some concern that I would overstimulate as well (I didn't). I started drinking tons of gatorade a day or two before my retrieval and then I continued to drink nothing but tons of gatorade and protein smoothies after my retrieval. I also ate lots of high sodium foods like salty chips and crackers and canned soups. Even take-out Chinese food one day! I never eat like that so it was both kind of nice to junk-out but also a bit gross after a few days, lol. I think there are probably healthier ways to do this (e.g. coconut water apparently is super high in electrolytes). The high sodium and high protein are supposed to help to absorb all of the fluid that will be produced by your follicles after the eggs are retrieved. I know it helped a lot to manage my bloating after.

My scan went well, my lining is ready! They are thawing and fertilizing the eggs tomorrow (May 2) and my transfer is scheduled for May 7. I will also be starting on prometrium tomorrow in addition to the estrace I'm already on. Wish me luck that I get at least one good quality embryo to transfer on the 7th. I'm excited but also super nervous and worried. They said that the lab will call me with updates every day so I'll be obsessively attached to my phone waiting for those calls....

Thanks so much for this reply it really helped! I've been doing as you suggested and have eaten loads of salt and have kept up with my protein intake, i find out if i can transfer on Monday so fingers crossed!!

Goodluck for tomorrow!! It is all so exciting! I can't wait to hear good news from you!! Let us know how you get on!

xx
Pleasethistime

Postby Pleasethistime » Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 pm

queenypink wrote:Hey everyone - sorry I've been MIA lately. Busy days!

I had my transfer on Tuesday. The procedure didn't go too smoothly, unfortunately. My bladder was overfull - and you all know how comfortable that can be -, they couldn't adequately visualize the catheter on ultrasound, and the doctor kept getting super frustrated with the nurse. Despite all of this, I'm feeling confident and positive about everything. I feel like my little Embie is nestled cozy and tight in there, and now the wait begins! They transferred a darling 4BB blast, and I have five frosties (same grade) chilling out. My beta is the 12th. Oh please wish positive sticky thoughts this way!

Oh and I am so NOT loving the PIO injections. Hubby got a new job out of town which means I'm going to have to learn how to do them myself, and they friggin hurt the next couple days after! All very much worth it though, of course :)

How is everyone else doing?

Please - oh man, that doesn't sound fun at all - how are you feeling? And when is your retrieval date? Please keep us posted!

Panda - oh that's so exciting that your transfer is just around the corner! Have you had any updates on the fertilization report? So eager to hear!

Hopeful - wowza, that's a crazy amount of great looking eggies! How are you feeling? Do you know approx when ER will be?

Wow Queeny that is so exciting!! I'm sending you loads of sticky baby dust! I just know you'll be fine..i can't wait to hear your good news, that sound like a great embie! EEEK on the PIO though, luckily that is one thing i'm yet to experience!

I had my retrieval on Wednesday - I had a crazy 36 Eggs retrieved!! I found out the next day that 28 were mature and 24 fertilized! As you can imagine i was ecstatic. Now waiting to hear how they are getting on. I took the HCG shot on Thursday after my E2 bloods came back okay but my RE warned it could make the over stimulation worse and we still may need to cancel, he'll check my uterus on Monday and then see if we can go ahead. I was really hopeful yesterday as i've been feeling fine but some i'm having a lot of discomfort and can barely pass urine. Keeping everything crossed!

Love and luck to you all! xx
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Mon May 08, 2017 6:15 am

Pleasethistime, wow, congrats on the successful retrieval! That's a lot of eggs and a wonderful fertilization report! I'm so glad that my advice about the salt and protein helped. I hope you're still feeling good and that the bloating has gone down. Can't wait to hear if you'll be transferring soon!

Queeny, congrats on your transfer. I'm sorry the transfer itself wasn't a great experience but it sounds like the perfect little embie is in there now! How are you feeling? When is your beta? How are the PIO injections going?

As for me, I had my transfer yesterday!! We transferred a 2BB. It was the only one of 4 left that had reached blastocyst stage on day 5. The lab said that the other 3 had a 20% of surviving to day 6. But guess what? The lab just called and 2 of those embies made it to stage 4 blast today! I'm so happy. So I'll have 2 blasts left on ice. The one that we transferred was rated as a 1BB when I got to the clinic but had progressed to a 2BB by the time of transfer very shortly after. I'm feeling very hopeful :)

Can't wait for us all to have BFP's soon!! Sending tons of baby dust to everyone.
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby queenypink » Mon May 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Well, I tested early 6DP5DT. It was a blazing negative.

Trying to keep positive though! With my daughters beta numbers, she wouldn't have shown up this early, and it would have even been questionable at 7dp using the test I used with a sensitivity of 25. I was hoping for a little overachiever ;) We'll call this a practice POAS round, and by Wed/Thursday, I'll be a pro! I'll grab some FRER tomorrow so I'm ready.

I've been feeling okay, but super tired. I've napped pretty much every day. I blame the meds. Next PIO I'll be administering myself as hubby got a new job and will be working away from home. Not looking forward to it. I find the PIO a nasty little bugger! Definitely worth it though in the end.

Panda - oh how exciting! Congrats on transferring your perfect little bean. Wishing lots of sticky dust your way, and now the dreaded wait begins. Are you and early tester, or wait for the beta type of gal?

Please - that is an incredible amount of little embies! Amazing! How are you feeling? Have symptoms subsided at all yet? Let us know if you're able to proceed with this round!

BFP at 8dp5dt

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Pleasethistime » Tue May 09, 2017 3:47 am

Hi Ladies!

Wow Panda that is amazing! Your embie sounds perfect!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you! Please let us know how it goes!

Queeny i wouldn't worry as it seems far too early to test yet! Did you test early with your daughter? I really feel for you with the injections - ouch!! I feel really positive you are going to get your BFP this month!

I transferred yesterday!!! Yay!! Two beautiful embryos! I'm so excited!! My doctor did an ultrasound scan and said i have a lot of fluid in my abdomen and that there is a 5% chance i could end up needing abdominal tapping if i get pregnant this month and so it was my choice if we transferred or not, 5% really doesn't seem that high of a risk so i choose to do it! The next week is going to be so hard!

I'm so excited for you ladies! Lets hope for a full round of BFP!!!

Stick embies!!

x
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 am

Yay Please! Congrats on transferring two perfect embabies! The 5% risk doesn't sound terrible to me either, I would have made the same decision. I hope the fluid and bloating goes down soon... and then you get a BFP! :) I'm feeling very confident for you.

Queenie, I agree, 6dp5dt is pretty early, especially if you're using the cheapie pee sticks. I try to hold off on testing for as long as I can because once I start I can't stop and I test like a maniac multiple times a day, lol. I'm going to try to hold off until the weekend when I'm a week out from the transfer. If I can hold off until Tuesday when I have my beta, I will. I'm really scared of the disappointment this time. This is my first IVF and it feels like the stakes are so much higher than when testing after IUIs. Ugh. Anyways, when do you think you'll test again?

When will you guys be having your betas?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopeful_80 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Quennie- I hope all goes well.. stay positive it is still very early :)

As for me I just received a call from my RE and we are cancelling as the Lupron didn't work and apparently I'm in the process of ovulating naturally. Which mean I have to start all over once I get my period. I have to say I am very disappointed since all the test have been good until this weekend :(.

I'm just here at work wanting to break down and cry but I'm trying to stay positive and move forward :(
hopeful_80
Friend

Postby Pleasethistime » Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 pm

hopeful_80 wrote:Quennie- I hope all goes well.. stay positive it is still very early :)

As for me I just received a call from my RE and we are cancelling as the Lupron didn't work and apparently I'm in the process of ovulating naturally. Which mean I have to start all over once I get my period. I have to say I am very disappointed since all the test have been good until this weekend :(.

I'm just here at work wanting to break down and cry but I'm trying to stay positive and move forward :(

I really feel for you, infertility really is the hardest thing to go through especially when things don't go to plan. You will get your baby though!! You just have to stick at it and keep the faith! x
Pleasethistime

Postby Pleasethistime » Tue May 09, 2017 10:56 pm

pandagrl wrote:Yay Please! Congrats on transferring two perfect embabies! The 5% risk doesn't sound terrible to me either, I would have made the same decision. I hope the fluid and bloating goes down soon... and then you get a BFP! :) I'm feeling very confident for you.

Queenie, I agree, 6dp5dt is pretty early, especially if you're using the cheapie pee sticks. I try to hold off on testing for as long as I can because once I start I can't stop and I test like a maniac multiple times a day, lol. I'm going to try to hold off until the weekend when I'm a week out from the transfer. If I can hold off until Tuesday when I have my beta, I will. I'm really scared of the disappointment this time. This is my first IVF and it feels like the stakes are so much higher than when testing after IUIs. Ugh. Anyways, when do you think you'll test again?

When will you guys be having your betas?

I have my beta on the same day as you! Fingers crossed for Tuesday! x
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Wed May 10, 2017 5:38 am

Hopeful, I'm sorry your cycle was canceled, that's so disappointing. But if you're able to start a new cycle at your next period that's only a couple of weeks away which is awesome. I know it doesn't seem so awesome right now but it's better that they canceled the cycle and tweak it for the next time. Are they going to try something different for the next round? Take care of yourself, keep your chin up and stay focused on the goal. This is just another bump in the road.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF