May Transfers

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May Transfers

Postby Prayingforbaby2882 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey ladies :) I had posted in the April transfer thread, but unfortunately my cycle got cancelled before the retrieval. My body stopped responding to the meds for whatever reason. I was so discouraged!

Anyway, I started BCP right away for 2 weeks then started atoms and added cetrotide after 5 days. I triggered on Thursday 5/11 and had my retrieval today! I was so relieved to make it to this step after what happened in our first cycle. My RE estimated 12 eggs. They got 27 eggs!! I was shocked and ecstatic.

Now just anxiously awaiting news tomorrow on how many are fertilized. Also, somewhat worried about OHSS but I've been drinking lots of Gatorade so I'm hoping that helps.

Hopefully more good news tomorrow. Prayers and baby dust to you all.
Prayingforbaby2882
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Sun May 14, 2017 5:45 am

Queeny - a 6? Oh, I'm sorry, that's so disappointing. Like you said tho, at least your body is trying to get pregnant. When's your next beta? Do you have more frozen embryos? I used a cheapie test... can't bring myself to use the FRBR, I just know this BFN is for real.

Please, congrats! I'm sorry I didn't even register that you got a BFP yesterday cuz I felt so blindsided by my BFN. Forgive me for being so self-absorbed. I'm feeling better today. I haven't tested again because it's mother's day and I don't want to be depressed but I'm pretty sure it didn't work. I feel NOTHING. When I was pregnant before, I felt symptoms right away. I know every pregnancy is different but still, I'm pretty sure this is it. Just thinking about the future now. My beta is on Tuesday. Please, how are you feeling? Remind me, did you transfer 2 embies? I think our beta is on the same day. I'm pretty sure at this point the trigger is out of your system so you can trust that test, super excited for you :)

Praying, welcome and congrats on the excellent number of eggs! How wonderful after having to deal with the disappointment of a canceled cycle. Hope you have an awesome fertilization report. Keep chugging that gatorade :)

Happy Mother's day everyone <3
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Elephantlove » Sun May 14, 2017 11:20 am

Hi All, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and soon-to-be mommies! I know in due time we will each get there.

I've been waiting all morning to get the call from the RE on my beta levels before I posted here. I took a pregnancy test this morning after I did my bloodwork. I finally got my BFP! And the RE just called to let me know that my beta is 243 :) I'm really glad now that I held out to test. Go back for beta on Tuesday!

Thanks to all for the support and encouraging word AND for sharing in this journey.

Queen- Every night I would listen to Zika West - Positive Visualization for IVF (found on iTunes) and Kathy Freston - Visualizing Pregnancy to meditate and visual the embryos taking and becoming pregnant. I believe it really helped me stay positive and reduce the anxiety.
Me: 36 DH: 39 (Male Factor - low motility and morphology)
TTC 1/2014
IVF #1: BFP, 2 day5 embryos frozen
DS born on 8/14/15
FET 1: BFN 6/30/16
FET 2: BFN 9/27/16
IVF#2: BFN 12/2/16
Elephantlove
Friend

Postby Pleasethistime » Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 am

Queeny - I'm so sorry! I really feel for you! You are so right in saying that at least you know it can happen, i'm keeping everything crossed for you for next time. Will you try again soon or have a break? Please let us know how you get on x

Elephant - Congratulations!! That is amazing news! :D Let us know how your next beta is!

Praying - That is fab news! I was in a really similar situation to you as they got 36 eggs from me and i ended up with a lot of fluid in my abdomen! Increase your protein, electrolytes and salt intake!! It works!! Good Luck!

Panda - Have you tested again yet? There is still hope! Good luck for tomorrow!!

So since i last wrote i have taken 4 FRER's and all have been :bfp: I'm so happy! I have my beta tomorrow so fingers crossed for a high result! I can't believe it's finally happening for us! I'm just scared to get excited! I'll update you all tomorrow! Oh and yes i put two embryos back so it may be twins :omg:
Pleasethistime

Postby pandagrl » Mon May 15, 2017 5:32 am

Please, awesome news! And there might be two of them! :D Can't wait to hear how you get on.

I tested again this morning, another BFN.
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Snowxx » Mon May 15, 2017 5:16 pm

I was done with the transfer today. One blastocyst was transferred in. Other five were froze. Dr said they will be more to freeze because I had 11 fertilized eggs. My pregnancy test is scheduled on next Thursday. I will try not to test on my own but it is so hard!
Elephant and Please --congrats! A good news always makes people happy!
Snowxx
Friend

Postby Pleasethistime » Tue May 16, 2017 2:52 am

Hi All!

Fingers crossed snow for your BFP!!

I just got my beta results and they were 280! We are so happy!

Thank you for sharing this journey with me! Panda i really hope the tests weren't accurate and you got a good result too!

I can't wait to hear how the rest of you got on!

h x
Pleasethistime

Postby queenypink » Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 am

Hello everyone! Well my second beta came back less than 6 - no surprise there. I'm actually doing okay and at peace with this. I stopped all meds on Sunday evening, and now just waiting for AF to start so we can move on to next round. No sight of her yet -- I'm actually eager for my period to start. My clinic says there's no reason that we can't jump right into next cycle for a FET. does anyone else have any info or experience with back to back FETs?

Praying - wow, that must have been such a wonderful surprise to collect so many little eggies! You are a machine! How was fertilization?

Elephant - congrats on such a strong beta, and thanks for passing along the info. I'm so happy for you!

Panda - oh I'm so sorry. Are you planning on starting up with a FET next cycle also? Have you stopped all your meds?

Please - congrats, wonderful beta! I'm so happy for you! Perhaps there are two little beans sticking in there with such a strong number! When is your next beta? And how awe you feeling?

Snow - good luck!
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range
DH: 38 Yrs. SA came back low-ish
Official Dx: Unexplained

Five unmedicated IUI's - All Neg.
| 29.03.14 | 29.04.14 | 23.06.14 | 22.07.14 | 19.08.14 |

IVF #1: Baseline Mar 17/15
ER Mar 30th -- 15 eggies collected, 13 mature, 10 fertilized naturally
ET Apr 4th -- 4AA Blastocyst Embaby <3
6 perfect frosty day 6 blasts/expanded blasts

BFP at 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt Apr 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt Apr 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt Apr 24th - 8337
DD born Oct '15 at 32wks gest. She's perfect!

FET #1: May 2/17 BFN
FET #2: June 6/17

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Prayingforbaby2882 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Hey there just an update - 14 fertilized and 13 still growing on day 3. Scheduled for a 5 day transfer!
Prayingforbaby2882
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Snowxx » Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Queen - Sorry to hear that it did not work out for you this time. Good luck for your next cycle!
Pray - such a awesome fertilization result! Good luck for the transfer!
Snowxx
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Wed May 17, 2017 6:34 am

Queeny, great news that you can start again with an FET next month. I'm glad you aren't feeling too badly. I'm dealing with it okay as well. I have two embryos left but I want to do another IVF cycle first (hopefully right away) and then send all of the embryos for PGS testing. I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor next week so my fingers are crossed that she can manipulate my body to have another ER before July 5th (when I will start teaching a college course for 2 months and will absolutely not be able to cycle. I'm so anxious about this because it might set me back to waiting until September for IVF #2). I'm sick of all the waiting but what can you do...

Praying, great fertilization report! Good luck with your transfer!

Please, congrats on the beta!!!! Those are solid numbers. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months, keep us posted on how things go. xx
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Elephantlove » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 am

Please - 2nd beta yesterday was 637 and my last one is scheduled for this Saturday 5/20 :) This is starting to feel real.
I'm so happy for you, look like January babies! Let us know if you are expecting twins ?!?! :)

Praying - Great news and good luck with the transfer!!

Queen and Panda - I was definitely in your boat last year. Stay positive and optimistic. This last transfer my doctor did an ERA biopsy cycle which resulted in changing the time that I needed to do my Progestrone shots by 12 hours. Apparently, this could improve chance by 25% for those struggling with implantation issues, as the optimal transfer date could be off by a day or so. They tried to bill by insurance for and ended up paying some of it out of pocket. I feel like this was the missing piece. Maybe something worth talking to the doctor about, if you haven't done so already.
Me: 36 DH: 39 (Male Factor - low motility and morphology)
TTC 1/2014
IVF #1: BFP, 2 day5 embryos frozen
DS born on 8/14/15
FET 1: BFN 6/30/16
FET 2: BFN 9/27/16
IVF#2: BFN 12/2/16
Elephantlove
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 am

Elephant, thanks for that, I've been looking into ERA and I'll definitely ask my doctor about it. I'm so glad to hear that it worked for you, there isn't a ton of info out there about endometrial receptivity testing but I feel like it must play a big role in success outcomes. Anyways, very excited and happy for your BFP, congrats :)
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Prayingforbaby2882 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Please and elephant: Congrats ladies on your bfps :)

Panda and queen - you are strong, keep your hope on the next cycle!!

As for an update on my end, we transferred 1 4AA embryo a couple of days ago and have 9 frozen! YES 9! I was absolutely ecstatic with the result, tears of joy. Now the waiting game begins.

Anyone else have any updates?
Prayingforbaby2882
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Snowxx » Sat May 20, 2017 6:17 am

Praying-- Goody luck! I am doing the waiting game as well. My pregnancy test is on next Thursday. I am pretty nervous and stressful right now. It seems that I do not have any sysptoms like other people mentioned: implanting bleeding, nasusea...
Ladies, did you feel anything different than normal before you found out BFP? Thank you!
Snowxx
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF