Two Week Wait

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!
Post a reply

Progesterone support after IVF/FET

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello ladies!

I'm wondering what your protocol is after your transfer (fresh or frozen) in terms of progesterone support.

My clinic has a new protocol apparently -- I will be taking Estrace twice a day, two Prometrium caps three times a day vaginally, and PIO injections every third day, and will stay with this regimen until 10 weeks if the transfer is successful (a thousand fingers crossed!!!)

My last fresh cycle was super easy - 2x prometrium 2x daily -- super simple.

I picked up my PIO from the pharmacy today. What makes me nervous is the little leaflet that explains precautions, risks, etc, talks about how it should not be taken during pregnancy, especially for the first four months.

Wtf! Haha this makes me so nervous, but at the same time I think PIO injections are common after transfer. Maybe the leaflet is assuming I'm not using these for fertility reasons and assumes my natural progesterone levels are perfectly wonderful...

Hmm

Re: Progesterone support after IVF/FET

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 am

Hi there! For my first IVF, I did estrogen injections from day 1 then added PIO injections (1cc 2x day) starting 3 days before the transfer up until my negative beta. It's very common to use PIO so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It was similar to an FET since my eggs were frozen then thawed/fertilized. Interestingly, I'm starting the process for another one with a new doctor and will be using frozen eggs again, this doctor is suggesting a natural cycle, which they will allow my body to naturally produce estrogen and to ovulate then if my progesterone is enough we won't do any support, otherwise they'll put me on suppositories and/or PIO. I haven't decided yet if I'll do the natural cycle, not sure if I trust my body to do what it's supposed to do lol.

Good luck to you!!!

Re: Progesterone support after IVF/FET

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 am

Hi! I did, but frankly, forgot once. I never felt like it was that critical. Sorry if this is TMI in advance. Put it in while you are laying in bed. After you squeeze the thing don't release the pressure while it is still in you. Because I think it's when it sucks the stuff back..
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter