Microflare vs. Estrogenn Pump Priming Protocols

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Microflare vs. Estrogenn Pump Priming Protocols

Postby Crumpet » Thu May 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello Ladies! I used to be a regular here until I had a MC in December. Then I just had to take a break from communicating with anyone except for my family and doctors about our TTC process.

To catch you all up: I did one IVF cycle in January/February. I had a cancelled cycle prior to this due to a dominant follie. On my first full round we did estrogen pump priming and they retrieved 10 eggs. 6 were mature and all of these fertilized with ICSI. 3 made it to day 6 and 2 were deemed genetically normal. We decided to do another retrieval before doing a transfer since I have a low AMH and I just turned 40.

I was all set to start my next IVF cycle for May/June, but it turns out that my IVF coordinator screwed up and they are shutting down labs when she had told me I would be having my retrieval. I was (am) pretty upset since I moved a HUGE amount of stuff in order to plan for this. When my doc heard I was upset about the timing issue he suggested that I switch from estrogen pump priming to micro flare, which he said was just as successful and would also get me completed early. I'm nervous about trying something new and, based on what I've read, micro flare can be a bit controversial. Do any of you have insights or experiences that could help? I want to get this 'right' since my husband and I agreed that this would be my last retrieval.
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Microflare vs. Estrogenn Pump Priming Protocols

Postby Danaa » Thu May 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Not sure what to tell you bcs my protocol was short,I think you have to trust your doctor,talk to him/her about ur worries.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Thu May 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks Danaa -- you're always so helpful and responsive here. I really appreciate it! I just sent him another email to ask him some more questions thanks to your nudge in that direction.

I'm not someone who does well with making major decisions unexpectedly, under pressure. IVF is scary anyway, but I feel like this scheduling issue + change in protocol has sent my anxiety through the roof. Its terrible.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Thu May 25, 2017 4:58 pm

I hope his response will help relax you a bit but if you feel like the explanation/response is not satisfactory enough for you to be relaxed and proceed with this new protocol just postpone it until you can do the Estrogen protocol.
Im not good with making these type of decisions either,I get it.
Ivf is such a process that only people who have been trough the process can understand.
I understand not wanting to wait ,believe me I do,Im trying to manipulate my cycle to catch an appointment before the clinic closes for one month.
Is hard not having control over these things but having a good doctor makes things easier a bit,at least that is how I feel.
Im wishing you lots of luck !!
Im always around if you need to vent.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 pm

You are the best. Thank you! Yes, I am going through the same thing. The IVF coordinator forgot that they were closing for a month and so this threw my calendar into complete havoc. Its challenging to go through and *so* hard to explain to people who haven't been through it. I find it easier to manage once I'm already mid-way into stimming!

I've been thinking of you these past months since you were so helpful to me last December. I so hope that things work for you this next time. You have my prayers, thoughts and positive vibes.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Fri May 26, 2017 4:18 am

Thank you so much,I hope God will send us rainbow babies and in a few years we will look at this whole process and just smile.
We can do this!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Fri May 26, 2017 6:35 am

Thanks for your encouragement Danaa -- once we have our rainbow babies, all of this will be worth it! I really appreciate your positive attitude. I love the support that people give each other here at the TWW. Its a very good group of women.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Fri May 26, 2017 7:24 am

Crumpet wrote:Thanks for your encouragement Danaa -- once we have our rainbow babies, all of this will be worth it! I really appreciate your positive attitude. I love the support that people give each other here at the TWW. Its a very good group of women.

Positive attitude and faith is all we have.
I agree the support is wonderful even though the forum has been a bit slow in the last year or so,when I first joined it was much different.Update me when you can about how things are moving along for you.
Im thinking to create a group for ivf but since my transfer won't be probably for about 3months I don't know...
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks Danaa. I will let you know what my doctor says when he response as well as what I end up deciding to do. My transfer date will be close in time to yours (I hope!) so we can be transfer buddies!

Hugs and positive vibes moving forward!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Fri May 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Crumpet wrote:Thanks Danaa. I will let you know what my doctor says when he response as well as what I end up deciding to do. My transfer date will be close in time to yours (I hope!) so we can be transfer buddies!

Hugs and positive vibes moving forward!

Yay transfer buddies.
Praying for sticky babies for us and a healthy and happy pregnancy.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Tue May 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes! Sticky babies! Do you have a thread that you are on at the moment? We can move over there if you like. I don't think I'm going to have any responses to my protocol query so I'm happy to move over. xxx
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Wed May 31, 2017 2:57 am

Crumpet wrote:Yes! Sticky babies! Do you have a thread that you are on at the moment? We can move over there if you like. I don't think I'm going to have any responses to my protocol query so I'm happy to move over. xxx

I created this thread I hope more will join us.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=246712
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IVF