2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby BethH » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 am

MG - I've been watching the news, I hope that you and your loved ones are doing alright
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby asiula420 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Pandagrl - so happy for u. I remember you from last year IUI forum. Keep cooking this baby :) don't fret about symptoms. They can come but don't have to. I had minimal nausea in week 6-7 but followed the list from clinic how to fight it and it worked. Every week is different so stay prepared:) good luck
Mglupe - I pray for you, your embies, and your family to be ok.
Beth - good luck on your journey. Stay positive:)

AFM- I'm almost 11 weeks and all going beautiful:) my girl is growing and making me eat at night.
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Rosy, Panda: How are you ladies doing?? Sending positive vibes for a healthy pregnancy for both of you.

Mg: The hurricane is scary. You and family doing ok??

Beth: Sounds like a plan. I can't wait for you to get started. When do you start on Marvelon?
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.
Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Apr/May/ June 2016- on a break from ttc
July Scan- Simple cysts, slightly elevated AMH - possible PCOD
BCPs+ Metformin- August and September 2016

Trying Naturally : Since Oct 2016 again.

Feb/March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Waiting for beta
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 am

Hello team :)
How is everyone?
MG - thinking about you and your embryos, praying that you & your family are safe!
How are our newly pregnant board members doing? :)
Nicksy - will start Marvelon tomorrow or the next day as the pink tinged cm just started, the sooner the better!!! Any updates on your FET??
Asuila - thanks, I am working hard on being positive!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 am

Hi ladies, ufff thank God mt family and i are ok. We were spear the worst of it was not ro our sister Island st. Thomas was devasteded. St. Martin anguila, all the leward island are just demolished. We also lost a coworker in St. John she was killed by the huricane so sad. Right now we have no power but are bless that was not as bad as it could have been.

Omg!!! Look how much i have miss.
Pandagrl im over joys thank you Jesus you have the last word.
Asuila wao 11 weeks!! Yes we are from the iui forum lol its our turn to be bfp .
Rose how are you doing? Ladies thank you for keeping me and my embies in your payer. Irma is a beast, a nightmare.
Beth im exited for you to start. You will do just fine.
Well as for me i just got rf on Thursday call the office yesterday to see if i can to the FET transfer this month, but i have a problem no teck are availabel to do ultrasound on the island to make sure im clear of cyst. I call tge teck that has seen me before he said he would do it if the doc is ok with him just verbally letting him know im clear. I will see if on monday im good to go. I dont want to rush it especially when there is so much cleaning to do around the house and the yard but i want my embies in me.
If not it will just have to wait another 6 weeks ending of october.
Question on what cycle day do they normaly do the transfer?
I was told i will be on femara for 5 day and then estrogen then IM in oil. Feeling lost with the FET part
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 am

Pandaaa I want to scream and do the happy dance for you!!!!Sooo happy.
Mglupe you seem to have a "natural " cycle for the FET so it will be 5days after you ovulate,most doctors try to do it before cd21 on a natural cycle.
For a controlled cycle like I had,it doesn't matter,once my lining was good i started progesterone and then the transfer and in both cases on cd24.
Eoe I will return with personals
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:25 am

Thank you danna, will i think thats what i was told once my lining was good they would start progesteron. But would i get a trigger shut to know exactly when i will ovulate? The last time my lining was good prior to egg retrival and then suddenly it desapare to none existence to 5mm
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:33 am

mglupe1979 wrote:Thank you danna, will i think thats what i was told once my lining was good they would start progesteron. But would i get a trigger shut to know exactly when i will ovulate? The last time my lining was good prior to egg retrival and then suddenly it desapare to none existence to 5mm

That is something your doctor should talk to you about,maybe you won't need to ovulate but the femara makes me think you will have ovulation,not sure honestly,will they monitor you closely?have you been asked to take opks?
I think you should ask as many questions as you can to ur coordinator or the doctor.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:41 am

Mglupe I would like to add taht after you add progesterone ur lining should stabilize,meaning it shouldn't grow by much and it shouldn't shrink so to say.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:04 am

Thank you Dana, i will be contacting my doctor tomorrow. My concern has been my lining all this time for him to put me on a natura transfer. The only time i have seen my lining nice was this last cycle that i was on estrace for the first 3 weeks of my cycle and that was when we started the medication for ivf and then it just vanish cancelling my transfer. Grrrr how stressful this can be. I dont want to try and loose two perfectly embryos cause a mis calculation.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:33 am

Mglupe I know how stressful this might be but you have to trust ur doctor.
Have you had scans prior to Ivf ?how was ur lining back then?
If you had problems with ur lining in the past I would expect you to be very closely monitored.
Anything over 8mm is perfect also a triple layered lining before adding progesterone is what doctors are looking for.
It will be fine,don't stress about it.
Stress is a huge factor so no stressing
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:18 am

Battling stress seems to be very important in this process, and I 100% agree with Danaa - trusting your physician is key ... I am working on that

Does anyone have good book recommendations for starting IVF??

I am currently waiting for AF to start, I am cramping and spotting as per usual. I always hold out hope I'm miraculously pregnant lol

I hope everyone is doing well!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:40 am

Beth I don't have any good books to recommend but i would suggest watching comedy shows or movies to keep ur mind busy.
Once I have my transfer I will be watching EVERYTHING:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:55 pm

MG - I am so sorry I didn't respond to your update before, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your co-worker. I am glad you and your family are safe.
Danaa - ooo, what will you be watching???

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 am

MG, I'm so relieved that you're okay! What a stressful horrible time, I have been glued to the news all weekend. I'm sorry to hear about your coworker. As Danaa said, progesterone should help keep your lining stable. I hope that the doctor can explain to you why the lining has fluctuated like that in the past. When it comes time for your FET, make sure all of the conditions are perfect. If anything isn't right, I would cancel and wait for the next month. I know it's so hard all this waiting but you've come so far and the worst part is over (stims and egg retrieval). Now it's time to transfer your embies and you want everything to be just right. Looking forward to hear how things go.

Asiula, congrats! I'm so happy for you, a baby girl! That's wonderful news. How do you know it's a girl? Did you do IVF with PGS or have you had genetic testing since getting pregnant that was able to determine the gender?

Beth, I have no book recommendations for you either. But one book that I keep hearing about it called "it starts with the egg". I didn't read it but I hear it's very good. I believe it's about how to prep your body for IVF/conception.

Thank you ladies for your support, I truly appreciate it. Over the weekend I went from zero symptoms to every symptom in the book. I'm so sick and nauseous, I can barely stand it. But I'm trying not to complain and to be grateful that I'm still pregnant. First ultrasound tomorrow.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF