2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby johnnyswifey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi ladies!!! I have been so busy!!! I am battling this weather from the hurricane here in Atlanta!!!
My acupuncture has been going very well so far and I've been taking the herbs she has prescribed to me. So far each appt I have been improving my overall condition. Hopefully things continue to go really well!
I'm glad everyone is doing well. As soon as I can be more active on the boards I will do so! Work has me all over the place. Lol. Going to have to slow down soon for my Oct cycle!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17

Starting Over- Feeling Excited!!
8/1/16: 10 frozen embies!!!
9/26/16: BFP!!!!!
9/30/16: BETA #1: 218
10/3/16: BETA #2: 322 then 404 then 534 then 1202
10/12/16: Dx with ectopic pregnancy (cornual) mtx given

STARTING FET AGAIN NOV 2016! 9 babies left!
*I DECLARE THAT ANYTHING I DECIDE TO DO IN MY LIFE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!*
12/19/16: BFP!!!
12/23/16: BETA- 186!!!
12/26/16: BETA- 531.7!!!!!!!! Almost tripled!
01/04/17: BETA- 11,790!!!!! :shock:
01/12/17: M/C!!!!! :shock: :shock: super sad!

FET #3- Third time's the charm!
4/20/17: BETA- 240!!!
4/24/17: BETA- 1,800!!!! Then 23,838!!! Then 45,445
5/11/17: Miscarried. My body has failed me yet again
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Toni I'm so happy to hear ur doing well!!
I hope the rest of you ladies are doing the same!!
Not much going on with me,10dpo and I took a few tests bcs I had hoped that God made a miracle...no bfp,i was a bit upset to be honest,i forgot how many this hurts.
Af is due in 2-3days and im looking forward to start fresh and plan for my transfer wich it will be in November :(( very late but there is nothing I can do,I wanted to avoid October-December but that means postponing the transfer until February and I'm not sure I can wait that long....oh well,we shall see!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am

Johnny'swifey - glad everything is going ok with your acupuncture treatment and herbs. Are you going to do acupuncture before and after egg retrieval? I hear some clinics do this. Hope the storm isn't too bad in ATL.

Danaa - I'm sorry about the BFN :( Is there a reason you wanted to avoid having a transfer in the time period you mentioned? Sorry if this is something you explained before. I'm excited for your FET in November. You've been forced to have the patience of a saint.

So my ultrasound went well. Little embie is measuring 6 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat is 127. I haven't done the research on any of this but my doc says it's good. She has agreed to let me come back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure we are still on track because the OB at the hospital they are referring me to won't see me until 12 weeks. Fingers crossed everything keeps progressing well. TBH, I'm still in shock and having a hard time believing this is actually real.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:26 am

Good morning everyone,
Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement much appreciated.
Well i contact my doc office yesterday cd 5 did an ultrasound not residuals left from the egg retrival all look good lining at 2.4 bla bla. Instead of femara i will be on Clomid 100mg for 5 days then extrace 2mg for another 5 day ultrasound to check on folicle and lining. If my lining is responding i will do a trigger shut to set day of ovulation and start progesteron in oil come back in 4 days later to double check on lining for next day for my 5 day transfer. Ufff i guess i will not know if im prego early since i will do the trigger shut. But oh well positive thinking.
Like pandagrl said to me if for any reason any thing dont look perfect yes i will cancel for another cycle.
So crossing my fingers that on Wednesday im good to trigger amd everything just fall on its place.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Panda im so happy to hear from you!!!Huge congratulations to you and ur partner !!
After you hear the heart beat the chances of misscariage are not that high.
I wanted to avoid having a transfer in the next months bcs my first loss was in October right after my dh birthday and my last transfer was in December and I was so stressed out that I didn't enjoyed the holidays,i couldn't even cook or clean,it was rough but that is one of the sacrifices we must make.
Mglupe it sounds like you have a plan,Im surprised the doc gave you clomid with ur lining problem,clomid is known for thinning the lining but hopefully that won't be the case for you plus the Estrogen should help.
My period is due Thursday....I don't know how ready I'm for everything.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:17 pm

I was upset when he proscribed clomid but he said thats why he is given me estrace for 5 days after
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 am

Johnnyswifey: Glad to know acupuncture is working for you. I have never tried it.

Mglupe: As long as you are on estrace, you should be fine. I am def not a big fan of clomid. It did thin my lining. Fxed for your transfer..

Pandagrl: Great news on the heartbeat and the scan. Better start believing it now. Yay for a second scan so soon.

Rosypeaches, Beth: I hope you girls are doing well.

Danna: I understand your apprehension with these months. But hey, different date. Different year. You know your body is capable. Try to relax a bit. We are all rooting for you

AFM, I am waiting for AF. Then we will check for any residual cysts, blood test etc. on second day. And then see what did prescribes. I am on long protocol for FET, because of residual cysts. So, am already taking Lupron.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.
Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Apr/May/ June 2016- on a break from ttc
July Scan- Simple cysts, slightly elevated AMH - possible PCOD
BCPs+ Metformin- August and September 2016

Trying Naturally : Since Oct 2016 again.

Feb/March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Waiting for beta
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 am

Great nickysy you are behind danna and my self. Im not feeling to comfortable with my protocal. Terrible migraine out of the clomid. This morning i just didn't want to take them because i was feeling horrible. I finally did but like i said if on Wednesday it does not look good i will personally cancel the transfer anf discuss other options. I really feel that he forgets what he tells me on the days im there. That when i call they go back and do something different. Is frustrating when you cant just go to their office because of not living there.
Any way i have two more days of clomid what a night mare. I thought a natural cycle would have just been waiting for the natural surge and going in to confirm ovulation start progesteron and set the transfer day. I really dont want to use two of my best embryo is im not 100 present ready.
Its going two be the worst two weeks ever.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Mglupe: Sorry about clomid not agreeing with you. I totally understand you wanting to be absolutely ready body wise. Yup, in natural cycles, they can opt for either of the two, wait for ovulation to happen, confirm it, then progesterone, and transfer. But things are a little more in control with controlled ovarian stimulation, and can generally be timed better. Thats all. I was hoping you can do it with Femara. Feel better soon! Hugs.

AFM, I started with AF yesterday. Have given my blood for hormonal tests today. Will be going for scan tomorrow. Based on these reports, doc will decide if we can go for FET ahead in this cycle. Being on lupron cycle, def won't be an issue of ovulation. Its going to be all about the lining now.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi ladies
Panda - happy to hear about your ultrasound results :)
MG - sorry this FET prep isn't going as you'd hoped :(
Nicksy - woohoo! fingers crossed that it's time for FET!
Danaa - :hugs: rooting for you, my dear.
How is EOE?
AFM - CD6 and the Marvelon is making my boobs absolutely huge. It's shocking. I POAS and it was negative of course, I did have the thought - hey could I be pregnant? NOPE OF COURSE NOT. My emotions are all over the place with this. I met with my doctor and she is super nice. She is very clear and gives very truthful responses to my questions. She measured my AFC again and it was still low. Maybe 4 on each side with a few smaller ones. She says if I have 4 follicles growing she would recommend we go ahead with the cycle. We're paying out of pocket for everything so I am thinking of this as being a really expensive diagnostic test, we will really know where we stand once we get started. I'm doing to ask my doctor about doing a day 3 transfer vs. a day 5 (if we get that far...) - do you ladies have any thoughts on that?
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi ladies!!!
I guess we are waiting for round two on this hurricane season, Maria is on her way on our direction. I dont think we can get away from a dirrect hit. Call my RE and we might have to cancel due to this. For right now i order the HCG shut to trigger once i get the green light on Wednesday, but if i cant travel everything will just have to hole for another cycle. I have a terrible migraine for the pass days.
Beth my doc does 3 and 5 day transfer he base it on quantity and quality if egg retrive and fertilize. He said to me that if we only get 4 to work with he will do a 3 with the first two and see if the others would get to 5 days to freze.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:32 am

Beth: Marvelon doesn't sound nice at all. I get a similar reaction to birth control pills. Heavy boobs, which are already in abundance. So towards the end of the cycle, you will start Lupron? Is that the plan? My embryos were frozen on day 3. And the doc said finding upon how they are in terms of quality, they might take them till day 5, or do a day 3 transfer itself. But they do double transfer here. Lets see.

Mglupe: Wow! Seems like a lot of hurricane season. You take care of yourself. Sorry if you might have to cancel because of this. Hugs!

EOE,hello
AfM, my Progesterone on day 2 was 1.08 ng/ml, and doc wants it below 1. I took lupron for 2 more days, and got progesterone test again today on day 5. Will talk to doc tomorrow for advise on whether we are proceeding towards FET or not. Wish me luck.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:15 am

Hello my lovely ladies!!
Beth 4 follies on each ovary sounds awesome,you can easily get 4-5embryos if there no sperm problem.
As for the day3 embryos hmmm pretty hard to say,it depends on how many embryos you have and if is worth risking but also after day 3 you can really see the quality of the embryos,personally I would prefer having 2-3good blastocysts and knowing i have a higher chance of implantation but also I read tons of success stories with day3 embryos but of course the best thing is for you to talk to the embryologist.Good luck!!
Mglupe another hurricane?damn it!!!im so sorry to hear this!!!
God seems so upset with us this year!'
Nicky hugs lets us know what happened!!
Sooo i have some news myself,i started Estrogen and prednisone today,im in disbelief to be honest,the doctor said there is no need to shut down my ovaries,I see him tomorrow for a scan,I have to admit I'm pretty scared and is like im waiting for something to go wrong and stop it.
So yeah that si about it !!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Danaa: thanks! I'd be absolutely over the moon if all those follicles decided to participate and produce some nice eggs for us! I am sorry I don't totally understand, but does that mean you're gearing up for your next FET? Sending hugs! We're all here for you.
Nicksy: good luck! I am keeping my fingers crossed that now is the time!
MG: Fingers crossed this hurricane loses momentum and you can get on with your FET!
AFM: counting down the days until I start stims!
Hope EOE is well :)
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Danaa: OMG! That means you are going to have FET soon. I am excited for you, and praying for you at the same time! Yipee..

Beth: Thanks a bunch. Keeping fingers crossed for pretty eggs for you too!

AFM, I got my report for Progesterone. Its finally at 0.2ng/ml. I haven't spoken to doctor yet though. But the levels are below 1, so hopefully they will start me on estrogen. But having another question, my TSH came back at 5. So I have been put on levothyroxine-25mg. Will TSH levels go down that soon, for FET to take place? So confusing this entire process is.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF