2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby Nickysy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:59 am

Quick Update: We are starting the protocol for FET. Expected transfer date: oct 9-11th.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:35 am

Beth ty,yesss Im getting ready for a transfer at the beginning of October.
Nicky my TSH didn't even bugged when I was ok 25mg but with 50mg it went down quickly.
Also im excited for us to be transfer buddies.
I had my baseline scan today and is al good.
Cyclacur3 a day plus baby aspirin and folic acid and prednisone plus the thyroid mess.So yeah exciting news!!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am

Danna & NIcksy: I am so excited for you both!
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:18 am

Nicky & Danaa, yay! So excited for your FETs, can't wait to hear all about them.

Beth, is it stim time yet? I'm excited for you too. Looks like you'll all be cycling together.

MG - another hurricane? OMG

AFM, I'm having morning sickness 24/7, barely functioning. Finally caved and started taking the Diclectin my doctor prescribed for nausea and vomiting. It's supposed to be safe but I still feel so bad taking it. It's helping tho, I'm still sick AF but at least can make it through the day... Not really complaining tho! Means good stuff is happening and I'm thankful for each day that goes by.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 am

Danaa: I am excited about us being the transfer buddies too! Yay. Thanks for the info on TSH. I have to get a repeat done on 22nd Sep. So that they can adjust the dosage. Hubby thinks its manageable. Its so weird. Doctor at home, sometimes i think i don't value his medical opinions as much as i should. Yikes

Beth and Pandagrl: Thanks a lot...

Pandagrl: I hope the meds help you deal with nausea. Don't worry. Doc wouldn't have prescribed it, if it wasn't safe. Take care.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Panda - stims start September 29th & transfer would be sometime around mid October (if we do a fresh transfer... that is still TBD)

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby clem24 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 am

Keto diets works for weight loss and insulin levels. They are healthy too. On keto, and I eat once a day; my blood sugar and insulin levels are normal. You might also want to consider using the keto calculator to calculate daily calorie intake and macro-nutrient ratios.
clem24

Postby Nickysy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:47 am

Beth: How interesting. If you do have a fresh transfer, Danaa, me and you would be in line together! Seems like oct is the month of action.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Nicksy - Wouldn't that be something?
I am not sure how we will proceed. If we get some decent looking embryos I am tempted to freeze all and plan for a transfer in the Spring.
I need to talk to my RE about that, see what she suggests.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BethH » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 am

MG - how are you doing? Thinking of you
EOE - how are you?

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bbelanger91 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:51 am

Hello Ladies!!! I am so sorry I have been absent this past month. It has been crazy for me! Time is flying by, but I am not complaining!

It warms my heart that you guys are all doing so well!

Pandaaa- So happy to hear how well you are doing!!! Sounds like you are right on track with those symptoms. Love reading about your updates. Thanks for keeping us posted :)

Danaa- Your transfer is the beginning of Oct too?! This is wonderful news!!!! How exciting!! :) I am praying everything goes well for you!

mglupe- Clomid isn't my friend either. I was on it for 6 months and it didn't help with anything except give me crazy hormone fluxes. I am hoping you have much better luck!! Fingers crossed for you! I hope you are safe! My heart is with you, these hurricanes are unbelievable. I am praying everyone is safe.

johnnyswifey-I am so glad to hear acupuncture is working for you. I start this weekend! I did it a few years ago but didn't have success so I'm hoping this time is different. You are on the right track!

Nicksy- CONGRATS!!!! Your transfer is the same week as mine!!! I cant wait to hear how it goes for you!! :) We could be pregnant at the same time!

Beth-Its so important that you like you doctor and trust them. It makes a world of difference. Hopefully your test tells you a lot and answers your questions.

Rosy-CONGRATS!!! I read your journey from the beginning of this thread and I admire you and I wish you all the best and am praying you have a nice sticky bean and a happy and healthy pregnancy. Can't wait to read about your pregnancy journey. :) :)

ASM, what a whirlwind month!!!! I almost missed my window this month because of insurance approval. I called my nurse Sept 11th @ 12pm, like she told me too, and she told me there was no approval and we would have to start over for next month, I was devastated, then at 3:30 pm that day the financial coordinator called me and said I got approval!!! I called my nurse back right away and went in for my suppression check the 18th. I started stims last night! I am starting with Gonal-F 225 ius and Menopur 75 ius every night until this Monday, when I have my check up with ultrasound and blood work to make sure im not over stimming. I can't believe it has started!! My retrieval is the first week of Oct and we are not sure if we are doing fresh or frozen.
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 am

Hey EOE,

I'm right with bbelanger91. I've also been SUPER busy this month, but I'm still here! This might be a big post.

Since my last update, I've had several Dr.'s appts (with both my OBGYN MFM and my Hematologist), lots of blood work, had two employees give notice (who I then had to interview, hire replacements for, and train up), and have been doing remodeling of one of my rental properties. It's been exhausting! I can't remember when I've been so tired. I have to nap in the afternoons. I hate napping.

We had our scan at 6w2d. My Mother-in-Law joined us for the big event (we're super close - especially since my mother died suddenly in 2014). I was SO worried that I was going to have another blighted ovum that I was a mess going into the appointment. I was holding my breath when the tech started looking for the gestational sack, but then even before she said anything, I saw our little baby right on the screen and the little heartbeat flitting away. She/he is measuring right on target and we got to hear the heartbeat. It's going about 126 beats per minute. We were in shock to be able to hear the heartbeat so early. The tech was awesome and did a transabdominal ultrasound first (when we heard the heartbeat), then switched to transvaginal because we were having a hard time seeing my ovaries. Everything looks perfect.

I'm currently still taking baby aspirin 81mg/day, progesterone in oil 2mL/day, prenatal vitamins with methylated folate, and now I'm on Lovenox, which is a low molecular weight heparin that prevents blood clots from forming due to the immune disorder I have called APS or Hughes in the UK. As far as symptoms - LETHARGY. That's my biggest one. I would seriously sleep all day and only wake up to pee and eat if I could. My breasts/nipples are doing VERY STRANGE THINGS... like changing color and uh...shape. They're also quite tender and the pain associated with bra removal makes me emit this pathetic whine/cry/whimper. I have almost zero interest in food. Except turkey sandwiches, vanilla rooibos tea, and oatmeal. I've basically survived on that for the last week or so. I'm enjoying some tea while I write this.

I'm super happy to read everyone's updates. It's a lot to take in after being absent for so long. I'm gonna have to start keeping a calendar just for all of you to keep track!

Danaa: Tears came to my eyes as I read your updates. It's GO time BABY! I'm SO happy for you! How're you feeling?

Nicksy: Getting so close! Very excited for you and Danaa for your FETs. How many embryos do you have frozen?

MG: Absolutely rotten luck with the hurricanes. I can't imagine your frustration at the delays. Are you planning on transferring one or two eggs at a time? I really hope everything works in a timely manner. Oh, and I hated clomid when I took it way back. Gross stuff. Made me feel insane.

Beth: Only 6 days left until you start STIMS!!! Whoop! If you do frozen, are you going to consider PGS testing? It would be kinda fun to do a round of fresh and see if you get lucky. You'd be lined up with a couple other ladies on here!

Panda: Do you have a photo from your 1st scan? How far along were you at the time? Have you had another scan? Mine looks like a little lima bean with a balloon (yolk sac), lol. I showed my Dad the ultrasound, then a 3D rendering of what it actually looks like in utero. He jested that it looked just like him, then did his best lizard impression. I whacked him.

BBE: I am so happy you started stimming! It looks like you'll have plenty of company here in the TWW. Lucky ladies to have your transfers all line up. We've both been so busy - I am really happy to read your update and see you on the boards again.

Clem: I love Keto. I'm planning on using it after I'm done breastfeeding to get my body back. I've done it in the past and it works WONDERS for my metabolism. I've honestly never felt so good in my entire life when I was on it. Amazing diet. Amazing lifestyle.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all the best. <3
33 F w/history of Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps, Fibroid Tumors, APS, 3 miscarriages, & MFI
TTC since 2/1/17
6/7/17 - IVF with PGS Protocol Started
6/21 - ER: 23 follies, 20 eggs.
6/22 - D1: 13 mature, 9 fert w/ICSI
6/24 - D3: 9 embryos alive! 1 exceptional morula, 4 excellent/good, 4 average.
6/26 - D5: 1 3BB PGS/frozen, 4 early blasts, 3 morulas, 1 >morula.
6/27 - D6: 1 4BB and 1 3B-B- PGS/frozen.
7/07 - PGS Testing Results: 3BB Euploid, 4BB Trisomy 17, 3B-B- Euploid. All embryos same gender.
07/28 - Ovaries quiet. Estradiol >10. Lining 6mm.
8/14 - Lining check - 12mm!
8/24 - FET #1 of embryo 3BB
8/30 - BFP!
9/3 - Beta #1 263 :omg:
9/5 - Beta #2 708 :shock:
9/18 - 6w2d US Heartbeat 126 Perfect baby!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby Nickysy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 am

Bbelanger: Yay for stimming!! Thankfully you didn't miss the window. If you do end up doing fresh transfer, we are going to be together in tww. Going and praying for the best for you. Hopefully stims are treating you well. Any updates from scans?

Beth: Entirely your call to do a fresh or frozen transfer! Hoping for lots of pretty embryos for you.

Rosypeaches: I was in tears listening about your babys heartbeat. Surreal feeling. Very happy for you. AFM, i have six (day 3) embryos frozen.

Danaa: How are you? Any updates from your latest scans?

Mglupe: How are things now?? When are you going for transfer?

Pandagrl: Hoping you are doing good momma..

AFM, got an ultrasound done today. ET looked fine. I have to continue estrogen+lupron. Will be going for colour doppler scan on Wednesday (27th) for endometrial assessment. Has anyone ever done this before? I don't know what to expect. Thereafter the doc will decide by 28th Sep about when to do the transfer. Waiting game is on! Praying for miracle babies for everyone here.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 am

Nicky is just a regular scan but the doctor switches to the colors lol,is fun,it checks the blood flow to ur uterus,lining etc,is quite fun to see,i had it once or twice,first time it was on my first apoiment with the doctor.
Rosy congratulations on ur bean!!
Bbe YaY for stiming!!!
Im having another scan on Monday,hopefully everything looks good,Im actually really scared and I'm waiting for everything to take a turn for the worse or that i get a bfn,I wouldn't be surprised,this year has been horrible for us and I'm expecting the worst to happen every single day.
Basically I don't have high hopes
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 am

BB - so glad you got approval!! How are you feeling with the stims?? What are your thoughts re: fresh vs. frozen??

Rosy - so great to hear from you! Lovely to read about your ultrasound and your little lima bean :) We decided not to do PGS this round but will definitely consider it for subsequent cycles (if needed).

Nicksy - I am so excited for you!

Danna - I'm sorry you're feeling so scared, I think that's completely understandable considering what you have been through. We're all here for you on the up and down days. I'm hoping that you get wonderful news with this transfer and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

AFM - my boobs are super huge and achy with the Marvelon. I'm spending most of my time thinking about this IVF cycle and need to find some distractions. A fresh transfer would be fun, a frozen would give us time to get a few things sorted in life. I could go either way. It's been so long since I've thought about being pregnant or having a child, the focus has been just on getting pregnant. I think I'll have a better idea once I have my first follicular scan to see how I am responding to the meds. In the end I'll probably just do whatever our RE tells us haha.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to IVF