2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby BethH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi ladies - hope you are doing well :)
Tomorrow is my last day of birth control and I start with micro dose lupron and saizen on Friday.
I feel like an emotional wreck. I don't know if it is the extra hormones or feeling nervous for this cycle.
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Beth: I am going through similar emotions. It just never gets easy. My anxiety is getting the better of me and i am scared. I am trying to find strength with result on either side. These meds def play a havoc with your emotions. Good luck with lupron starting. Fxing for a beautiful scan for you.

Danaa: I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Its understandable with all that you have gone through. Praying for you! Hugs..
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 am

Beth everything you feel is normal at this point,all the drugs and the emotions are a huge role.
And yay for starting Lupron!!
Nicky hugs!!!Is hard to think rationally in this process,very hard especially with all the added hormones.
I have been trough so much this last year that I don't feel confident in anything especially my body,I'm ready for anything.
I want this transfer to be successful so much but I know it might so yeah all I can do is try and pray for the best.
I had my second scan today and everything looks alright,we have a date for the transfer and that is October the 7th.Yep:)
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbelanger91 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi everyone! It was another busy weekend. I work full time and am going to school full time while doing all the IVF stuff. It is never a dull day lately thats for sure! I am feeling pretty lousy from the meds but I am trying to power through. I had my US & BW this morning and they said I need to decrease the Gonal F to 175. They do not want me starting the Cetrotide yet. I go back in Wednesday morning for another check. I have a question to your gals though, my clinic doesn't give me any specifics. You guys seem to know every little detail but when I ask more then 1 question my nurse acts like I am out of line asking anything. I don't know what questions to ask and how to handle my situation. Any suggestions? As for the fresh or frozen, my doctors office has never talked to me about frozen. So I believe the plan is for fresh. But like I stated earlier, they don't like to fill me in on a lot of stuff. They kind of just tell me what to do as we go. They also are not sure weather it will be a day 3 or 5. I will find out shortly I guess.

Rosy- That is amazing news!!!! :) :) Everything sounds just perfect! I will continue to pray for you and baby. Hopefully your schedule slows down soon so you can get some rest.

Danaa- Oh hun I just knew things would work out for you!!! I'm so happy your transfer is scheduled.

Nickysy- Im praying for you hun!!! I am optimistic we will all get our babies this year!!!!

Beth- I hear ya, I just follow orders as well. I currently have school as a distraction so I can say it is extremely helpful. Have you thought about any kind of hobbies you might like to take up? What kinds of things are you into? I understand the emotions. I am right there with you!

I honestly feel really good about everyone and I am praying for all of us. This coming year will be our time ladies!!!
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby Danaa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Bbe your nurse is very rude and unprofessional and please be free to complain to a manager or someone.
This is a long and expensive and emotional process,we need to have warm,caring people around us.
My doctor wasn't too chatty and still isn't but he gladly explains when we ask or need reassurance.
Regarding the fresh or frozen I guess the decision will be taken later but if there is no reason for them to be scared you won't have anything left for day5 I would alow the the embryos to reach blastocyst bcs the succes rates are higher with blasto.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 am

Hi everyone :D I have good news. Had my second ultrasound this morning and my little jellybean is measuring exactly 9 weeks today with a strong heartbeat of 174 bpm. I'm so happy, it's making all this awful nausea worth it. I have officially graduated from my fertility clinic.

Danaa, Oct 7th!!!! I'll be counting down the days with you. The emotional aspect of this journey is the toughest, it's such a rollercoaster. But you're a tough cookie, and at the risk of using another cliche, keep your eyes on the prize (that's a good cliche!), even when you are not feeling too confident, just keep going. Your babies are on their way, I know it.

BB - thank you for the kind words, you're so sweet. I'm sure the stims at this point are making you feel crazy, hang in there girl, it'll be over before you know it. My clinic is kind of like yours actually, they don't tell me too many details. I have had to learn a lot on my own and I still didn't feel like I was asking enough. Like I still kind of don't know much about hormone levels. At this point though, I would hope they are telling you how many follicles they see and what the sizes are. Ideally you want a lot of follicles, growing at a good rate. If they lowered your dose of Gonal-F, I would say that means you're responding well and they are trying to make sure you don't overstimulate. So that's probably a good thing. As for 3-5 day transfer, I agree with Danaa, lots of evidence out there at this point that 5-day transfers have higher success rates. But sometimes when they're worried that the quality of the embryos isn't great and they won't make it to 5-day, they will transfer at 3 and hope for the best. Hopefully they will give you more info as things progress. Hang in there!

Rosy - congrats on a great first ultrasound! Looks like we're going to be delivering close to the same time, how exciting!

Beth and Nicky, how are you guys doing, besides being super emotional? I know it's so hard, but try to think positively when you can. Sending you both tons of good vibes and hoping you find a bit of relief soon. Beth are you still on track to start stims on the 29th? I think things will move a bit faster for you then. It's like time is standing still isn't it? I know it. Have you found any distractions yet? I am hopelessly nauseous all day long so when I'm not at work I've been distracting myself with TV, something I rarely bother with normally. I've been watching shows like crazy. Big Little Lies, highly recommend! I just finished the Handmaid's Tale, it was interesting but very disturbing so maybe not that one. Anyways, hope you find distractions.

MG - what's going on? We haven't had an update in a while. I'm worried about you and your embryos, is everything okay at your clinic in Puerto Rico?

Johnnyswifey - how's the acupuncture going? Hope you're doing well and feeling great.

Can't wait for all the BFPs to start rolling in!!!
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:26 am

Hello ladies
Panda - that's wonderful, I am so happy for you and your SO.
BB - that nurse sounds awful, I am sorry you experienced that.
Danaa - thanks for your input re: day 3 vs. day 5
Nicksy - sending you positive vibes :)
How is EOE?
AFM - I am picking up the first batch medications today. I'm feeling very conflicted. But I think the best thing is to press on. I've started to see a counsellor and it is helpful. I am very curious to see how many days of stims I will do before retrieval, I've read that ladies with low AMH don't stim as long. We'll see.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bbelanger91 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:42 am

Hi ladies!! :)

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I spoke to my doctor and she reassured me my nurse would be more polite and have better bedside manor. I had my check up yesterday (panda-I asked about my follicles this time! thanks for the heads up!) I have 7 follicles on the right side, the largest measuring at 13.9 and 7 follicles on the left side, the largest measuring 12.5! My estrogen level is 659 so the follicles are growing and my estrogen is going up as well. So we are on track! They had me decrease the Gonal-F again, this time to 150. And I started Cetrotide this morning and I take it tomorrow as well. I go back in tomorrow morning for another US & BW. We are getting there!

Panda-What exciting news!!!! Hang in there! The nausea will be done before you know it. Also, thank you for the information!! After I saw your post I asked my nurse on the phone yesterday and made her tell me! It felt great feeling more in the loop and also learning as I go.

Danaa- You helped push me as well and taught me more about 3-5 day transfers and I am super grateful! You guys made me feel justified in my feelings and I realized I wasn't just being a hormonal mess. I am counting down the days until your retrieval!!! I am praying so hard that we are pregnant together.

Beth-A counselor is very helpful. When I took my first break in between doctors, I saw a counselor because emotionally it was too much. I think it is great you are talking to someone. Talking always helps. I still cant help be excited for you!!! Hopefully the stims treat you well. Let us know how it goes. I will be praying for you hun!
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby BethH » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 pm

BB - oh I am so excited for you!!!

Hi EOE :)

I sat down last night and wrote out all of my fears. They are stepwise: 1. The cycle getting cancelled 2. Responding poorly to stims 3. Embryos not fetilizing 4. Embryos not growing & not getting to transfer 4. Getting to transfer and not getting pregnant. Etc. Etc.
The more I wrote I realized how little control I have in this process and that in itself was freeing.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:31 am

Hi everyone..

Sorry, been MIA. I combined my travel for work along with my meeting with my doctor. After Saturdays scan at our home town, I was advised for a color doppler scan there on wed. So, things look good. There was a slight increase of RI and PI indices for uterine areteries (still not sure what exactly that entails), so I have been put on clexane injections till transfer. And have the date of transfer, 4th Oct. Honestly, I am still feeling a mixed bag of emotions. Excited, anxious, scared and just wanting the time to get over with. Trying to breathe and relax, and finding it difficult.

BB: I agree with the girls. Glad you spoke to your doc. Your nurse needs to be more compassionate. Reducing dosage is a good sign. It means you are responding well, and your reports suggest so. I am excited for the retrieval now. Hoping they can do a fresh transfer for you. If not, enjoy the break and you will be heading for FET soon.

Panda: Awesome news on the scan. Thanks for sharing. It always brings hope!

Beth: Yay for starting the stims. Its 29th here.. I don't know what time it is at your place of residence. Will be here with your journey all the way through. Good luck and positive vibes. There is very little control over this process, and that's why sometimes just letting go and being with the flow is the best approach. Very difficult i know. But I hear you and feel you. Hold on. Hugs!

Danaa: our transfers are almost aligned around the same time. Hugs and positive vibes for both of us.

Rosy: I hope you are doing well too.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Such good news I read here!!
So happy for us!!!
May God send us babies and a healthy pregnancy!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Nicksy! So excited that your transfer will be next week! I understand the mixed emotions. I am praying that this transfer will bring you and your DH a beautiful child (or two?)
Danaa - agreed! :)
Hi EOE :)
I did my first micro dose lupron injection this morning. I'll work on my technique but it hurt!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Danaa: Amen to that! Hugs

Beth: Thank you.. Injections are never fun. But you get used to them. Fxing for you.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:24 am

Good morning ladies,
Devastation is what we have. Im broken. Today is the first day with some Wi-Fi hot spot. I dont know anything on my embies. Puerto Rico is devastated, st.croix look like a war zone. Obviously my treatment had to cancel after taken all tge medication. No fligh for commercial are allowed to come in or out. I lost my home everything i had. We are currently on a curfew from 6pm to 11am only allow to go out from 11am to 6pm so the window is veru narrow. Try to do as much as we can. I dont even think i ovulated this month since i didn't trigger. Did feel bloated last week but. Ot feeling any tender boobies. If u can please keep us in your prayers.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 am

Mglupe: I am sorry to hear this. Keeping you in my prayers.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF